Marvel's Spider-Man

Aug 02

Aug 02

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta This Fall

Chan Park's Avatar Posted by President, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Hey everyone! Last week, SuperBot Entertainment and PlayStation invited a small group of players to get a hands-on preview of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as part of our early development beta. We’re beginning to test our servers and connectivity issues and this is just the beginning as we work toward rolling out a public beta to the entire PlayStation nation this Fall. As part of this exclusive access, players were able to take control of characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess and battle in environments such as Dreamscape, Metropolis, Sandover Village, and Hades. The feedback we’re receiving from beta testers has been highly encouraging and valuable, helping us craft the best online multiplayer fighting experience possible.

In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.

While just a small group now, in the coming weeks we will continue to send out batches of codes as we gradually expand the beta; so keep your eyes open. You just might receive an invitation to join! Keep checking back with the blog for more information around the public beta, starting with early access to PlayStation Plus members.

If you’re having this much fun with the game now, we think you’re going to be thrilled with all the great stuff coming in the final product!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

Cpcke said:

August 2nd, 11:01 am

I would really LOVE if they could add in Raziel from the Soul Reaver series. I know Sony doesn’t own the IP, but I’ve always associated Soul Reaver with PlayStation. That would make this game a must buy for me, definitely.

zferolie said:

August 2nd, 11:02 am

@Shadow. I am sure Capcom gave them that version because they want to promote the new game. They probably had no say in the matter.

I am more worried about Evil Cole then that myself.

bernionline2 said:

August 2nd, 11:05 am

I’m from SouthAmerica (ecuador) i really wish you could send some beta codes for people here… please i hav preordered already, but i want to test the game.. so if there is any chance to make it posible it woulb be awesome!

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

freshprincepbg said:

August 2nd, 11:09 am

If you’re gonna use Dante at least use the old one, nobody likes the new one. The story version better not have the emo personalitiy. I still rather not have him in the game, he shouldve been DLC

There are better characters owned by Sony than that!

Also if theres any second IP character that deserves a slot, it’s Dr Nefarious, he’s the coolest villain Sony has!

Ganryu_GDM said:

August 2nd, 11:11 am

CRASH and CLOUD! Thats what you need…
Thats what WE NEED!!!!

tusunami said:

August 2nd, 11:11 am

This goes to show why being a Ps Plus member is the ish yeeeeeeeaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!

zferolie said:

August 2nd, 11:11 am

Sony doesn’t own the rights to Dante. That’s Capcom. Dante is most likely Capcom’s guest character.

geromando said:

August 2nd, 11:14 am

I hope EU can joining to , i´m from EU

geromando said:

August 2nd, 11:16 am

is the beta gonna release for EU , i hope so.

Because a lot of EU players want to try this game our.

Or i´m gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

puda1 said:

August 2nd, 11:16 am

3 more characters eh? whats a better choice is
Crash bandicoot
Snake
Klonoa plz pick klonoa, its best for a platform fighting game

freshprincepbg said:

August 2nd, 11:23 am

@zferolie I know Dante isn’t owned by Sony, I meant he’s a weak character and they could’ve used a character by Sony without hassling a 3rd party and come up with a better character.

Shadow_Kamui said:

August 2nd, 11:25 am

zferolie you are right probably capcom gif them that version but I think they cut have gif other for example for the cross over game from 3DS they are placing Dante from DMC 2

DZORMAGEN said:

August 2nd, 11:25 am

I know Chan Park is reading this!!! It would be so awesome if I get a reply from him! It will make my day!! :)

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 12:25 pm

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Apeman24 said:

August 2nd, 11:32 am

I know Cloud was not in the leak. I am a little sad. I know the leak is not the full roster, cause Big Daddy was not in there, but I fell like the door is closing for my favorite character. But keep up the good work.

videogamebeast75 said:

August 2nd, 11:34 am

HEY dont we also have to get the beta tomorrow cause they said they were having a closed developer ps all stars beta august 3-august4

zferolie said:

August 2nd, 11:35 am

@ Fresh. Ah I see. Yeah, they do have a bunch, but I don’t mind seeing Dante His game first was out on a Playstation system. I agree they have a lot of 1st and 2nd party characters to choose from, and I hope all the ones I want make it in.

@Shadow. True, they could have given us the normal version. Still, we don’t know which version we are getting. The version found in the data files could have been an alt costume(like evil cole may/should be). And as for why Capcom may have chosen this one while the 3DS crossover gets the original… I have no idea.

saab01 said:

August 2nd, 11:38 am

Nariko from Heavenly Sword please.

Lgacy2X said:

August 2nd, 11:40 am

I want to get in that beta. The LBP Karting Beta was great but this would be even better. I’ll do anything to get my hands on a code. Anything.

angibri2000 said:

August 2nd, 11:41 am

Awesome, so glad you guys addressed the “leak” and fyi everything looks great so far. Can’t wait for this game. Nothing but good has come my way since I signed up for PS+ after E3. Been part of LBP Vita, Dust 514, and LBPK Betas and my son and loved every one of them. Hope we get to be part of this Beta as well, as a software developer myself I like testing the crap outta my work and what better way to test and have fun at the same time. Can’t beat that. Keep up the good work Superbot! =)

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 12:31 pm

Thanks to you and your son for all of your support for Sony and SuperBot. Agreed that as a developer, it is a great reward to be able to share your hard work with fans. Especially if they like it!

zferolie said:

August 2nd, 11:43 am

I only did a bit of LBPK beta due to GW2 beta and been very busy, but I really did enjoy it. Better then Mod nation racers.

Apeman24 said:

August 2nd, 11:46 am

Just taking a guess. Last boss is polygon man, am I right?

and I know everyone else says this but here I go… Crash and spyro, and to change things up N cortex. I hate what activision has done with those two

MegaMastaX90 said:

August 2nd, 11:47 am

Jak being in PSA just made this game so much more awesome than it already was. Smash Brothers has met its match.

jose213jose said:

August 2nd, 11:50 am

hope i get invite, i love to beta test the game for you guys any day and help report anything back to you guys if i find bug or something wrong with it.

SMJ_cuba_AMS said:

August 2nd, 11:53 am

Where is specter from the socom series?

Zura-w said:

August 2nd, 11:54 am

I don’t think I will get the code due to my bad luck ¬_¬

anyway thank you for making this epic game !!

Punky Skunk

one of the game that I used to play when I was a kid , it will be nice to see him appear again in this game ;D

the_maniaxe said:

August 2nd, 11:59 am

Chan thanks to you and Superbot for making this awesome title. You have my support 100%

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 12:31 pm

You rock! Thank you!

SquirrelChaser45 said:

August 2nd, 12:02 pm

Will there be a beta for PS Vita?

SquirrelChaser45 said:

August 2nd, 12:02 pm

And bring on CRASH

Zura-w said:

August 2nd, 12:04 pm

Punky Skunk

one of the games that I used to play when I was a kid , it will be nice to see him appear again in this game ;D

ABNVOX said:

August 2nd, 12:05 pm

i surely hope sackboy gets confirmed, i wish they would add kat from gravity rush, shes awesome

kivenk said:

August 2nd, 12:09 pm

WOO! Can’t wait! Missed this game at the Riverbend festival in Chattanooga. It never showed up for some reason… But I’m PS Plus so I can’t wait! :D

ccrogers15 said:

August 2nd, 12:20 pm

EVERYONE wants crash and spyro. COME ON! BRING THEM TO IT!

ccrogers15 said:

August 2nd, 12:21 pm

ABNVOX ,

Sackboy IS confirmed. He was in the leak, and as said in the posting, it was all real.

ccrogers15 said:

August 2nd, 12:23 pm

IN CASE YOU ALL MISSED IT, HERE IS THE LINK TO THE MAJOR LEAK FULL OF CHARACTERS:

alexh4319 said:

August 2nd, 12:31 pm

Please add Sonic the hedghog please!!!!! Oh and maybe asura from asura wrath.

XvXCRUZXvX said:

August 2nd, 12:38 pm

So is this the Aug beta? If so YES! Sad I didnt get the beta last week but really glad that we will get it soon time to buy another plus subscription and place a preorder on both vita and ps3 version!

DZORMAGEN said:

August 2nd, 12:40 pm

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Chan Park replied to me!!! Now time go test out the Beta more, and to hope that Crash and Spyro are going to be in the game, because as PaRappa the Rapper would say “YOU GOT TO BELIEVE!” :D

ausse777 said:

August 2nd, 12:43 pm

I’ve been sitting on the fence for plus for awhile and if it doesn’t require a credit card I might sign up now.

DNAgent said:

August 2nd, 12:44 pm

Raiden was apparently leaked and if it’s true then it’s a terrible character for the game. If this game doesn’t at least have Old Snake then I’ll likely pass on it. It seems like this game is being used more to advertise future games rather than using actual Playstation icons. Seems like too many characters are coming from this gen rather than looking back at Playstation’s older games. If a character like Lightning gets in over Cloud (Zack Fair as alternate costume) then that will be the final nail in the coffin. If anything you should use Noctis from FFvs13 (even if he ends up being DLC later on) and that’s only if you feel the need to use a new FF character.

Gintoki-w said:

August 2nd, 12:44 pm

Chan thank you for reading our posts !

please could you reply to my post ?

I want to play as Specter from Ape Escape 2 !

let me rest I was trying to tell you that for a long time I used all the ways !

got it ? :D

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 12:48 pm

We appreciate all the suggestions and comments from our fans. Thanks for your passion and support.

Hovik111 said:

August 2nd, 12:45 pm

ahhh! i cant wait till fall to have this lol, does anyone know what the requirement is to get the beta?

Spencer_Gator said:

August 2nd, 12:46 pm

First off thanks for handling the leak with a great response. I have been waiting forever for a game like this, where all of my favorite characters from Playstation’s history can fight together.

Loving the roster so far, obviously that is not the full one.

Cloud, Crash, Spyro, and Snake + anyone else makes this roster > SSB. I know you can’t confirm or deny anything, I just hope that these (4) characters make it in!

Losing_Charlie said:

August 2nd, 12:48 pm

First off, its very brave and smart of a compnay to admit a leak was legit or not.

So what your saying is Some stuff (Or all of it ;) ) in the leak was real, AND THERES STILL MORE CHARACTERS AND STUFF?

I love you guys :D

Thanks for the Game! Loving the beta so far

NeoXDonutx said:

August 2nd, 12:48 pm

I need it!

Shadowbhiemes said:

August 2nd, 12:52 pm

Surprised you guys addressed the leak, but you did it well. I’m still very excited to see who the final roster will end up being, along with game modes, stages and item.

Can’t wait to use Sly and Big Daddy.

WolferGaming said:

August 2nd, 12:55 pm

I have a question. Are they sending beta codes only at US, or there are sending the odes all over the world, like in the UK?

Jechtsphere said:

August 2nd, 12:57 pm

I appreciate SB’s involvement in the PS community it’s great. I just want to say your beta is great and I find it hard to want to play much else. Will there be any updates to the beta like fixing glitches/freezes? Maybe add another character or two to the beta? Thanks for your hard work and can’t wait for gamescom! I don’t usually buy day one because few games seem worth the 60 dollar price tag but you’ll get a day one from me!

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 1:02 pm

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we will be making updates/fixes to the next beta. So happy we are a day one buy for you and for all of the other posters who feel the same. We feel honored by such sentiment.

infamousXX87XX said:

August 2nd, 12:58 pm

I can’t wait for this game and it’s already pre-ordered.
With that being said……

Please Chan……

Must have CLOUD and SOLID SNAKE!!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work. That is all.

sagake said:

August 2nd, 1:03 pm

Chan thanks to you and Superbot for making this awesome title. You have my support 200%

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 2nd, 1:18 pm

Thank you sir!

sovietprince said:

August 2nd, 1:08 pm

sounds good, can not wait to try it, I do have a question though did the leak spoil the majority of the roster or is there a lot more characters we still don’t know about?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7