Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 03

Aug 03

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Trophy List Revealed!

Yoshikazu Matsuhana's Avatar Posted by Producer, Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Project

Update: The patch is now live in North America. Happy Trophy hunting!

Platinum Trophy

Did you all experience Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008? Or maybe for some reason you missed it? The Trophy system was introduced to PS3 in the middle of 2008. However, by that time, MGS4 had already finished development and was about to launch, so we were regrettably unable to implement Trophies at launch. But, we’ve always had it on our to-do list and users have given us continuous feedback requesting Trophies over the years.

MSG4 ShooterMSG4 Close-up

For all those who have asked “where are the Trophies?” we are very sorry for the long wait. However, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series, we are very pleased to announce that trophies will finally be coming to MGS4 in the beginning of August!

Furthermore, retail versions of the game in stores will be updated to offer native Trophy support out of the box.

For loyal fans and new players alike, there’s never been a better time to relive the experience of MGS4. The timeless PS3 classic is back – now with full Trophy support!!

MSG4 Guns of PatriotsMSG4 Guns of Patriots

Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

TmF1979 said:

August 3rd, 10:58 am

But is there a release date for the “updated” retail version?

omg1234Evan said:

August 3rd, 10:58 am

Kinda disappointing…

Kchow23 said:

August 3rd, 10:59 am

Finally! our prayers were answered and now I have another reason to play MGS4 again. Any chance that Avatars are released to celebrate the new trophies? :)

Random_Hero_UK said:

August 3rd, 10:59 am

Can they be obtained by continuing with the current game save, or will we have to start a completely new game save?

tortilene1 said:

August 3rd, 10:59 am

I am so excited to play this game again with trophies!!!!

Kchow23 said:

August 3rd, 10:59 am

And by Avatars.. I mean MGS4 Avatars.

Kchow23 said:

August 3rd, 10:59 am

@5 No, start over.

zzamaro said:

August 3rd, 11:00 am

Wait, no story related trophies? No bosses? Not even for beating the game on the hardest difficult setting? Well, as a fan, it’s a dissapointing trophy list. MGS3 trophy was ok, and I loved the MGS2 trophy list.

Shinogu126 said:

August 3rd, 11:00 am

Nice trophies. Will buy both English and Japanese versions that have Trophy and full-install options on the disc.

W1ngf00t said:

August 3rd, 11:01 am

This is awesome, much appreciated, Thanks!

zzamaro said:

August 3rd, 11:01 am

Oh, and when are we getting the patch?

JMB626 said:

August 3rd, 11:02 am

Kchow23 said:

August 3rd, 11:03 am

Would’ve liked to have seen story related and boss trophies, but I think that may have involved them having to rebuild MGS4 to put them in.

Shinogu126 said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

Wait a second…

The blog post doesn’t mention the full-install option! The one where you can install the data onto the hard drive in one go instead of before each chapter!!

Mr. Matsuhana!! Are we still getting that with the trophies here in the U.S.?

Exalted_Knight said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

At least we are getting trophies. I stil have my version of Metal Gear Solid 4! Bought on Launch day. I can’t wait to update my version and play through this game again! :D

Xer0Signal said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

I’ve played the game at least 4 times, and, never once did *ANY* of those things. Never even heard of Ocelot kissing Snake.

Baffling, but, it’s still cool that it’s getting trophies.

remanutd5 said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

!

zzamaro said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

Oh, wait. Seems to me like an incomplete trophy list. Sorry if I was a bit harsh earlier. Hope the missing ones are what I mentioned earler.

NATHANNAEL said:

August 3rd, 11:05 am

So I have the game since late 2008 and I enjoyed it alot. Also this game was my first ps3 game. So if i load my save file does that mean I gets trophies that way or do I need to start a new game file to get them?

Enforcer_X said:

August 3rd, 11:06 am

This is outstanding!
Can’t wait to go back and play MGS4, shame I have to get both of my 60GB PS3’s repaired for YLOD

SuMizzle said:

August 3rd, 11:06 am

Thanks for finally getting these added! Looking forward to another play through. Is this a complete list of trophies? I thought there were over 30.

rcastudios said:

August 3rd, 11:07 am

These trophies aren’t very good at all. It will just cause you to have to do a bunch of weird things that aren’t all that fun to do in the game to begin with. I wanted some trophies for just progressing in the game and such. Most of these are odd and not very interesting. Maybe I won’t replay it, too many other games to play upcoming to go back to an older game (though the best game ever made but still).

PirateThom said:

August 3rd, 11:08 am

Kept us waiting, huh?

Good list, much better than just giving trophies for chapters or playing the game, but actually incentive to try these other things.

RecSpec said:

August 3rd, 11:09 am

That iPod trophy is going to be a killer because of “Snake Eater”

onuosfan said:

August 3rd, 11:10 am

It’s not the full list. I’m assuming all of the story-related trophies are hidden, because there aren’t nearly enough trophy points here to make up a full retail list.

androvsky said:

August 3rd, 11:11 am

@25

Yeah, from what I’ve heard you have to get ALL the badges to get all the iPod songs. This isn’t even close to a cakewalk, it’s just well-disguised.

akibake said:

August 3rd, 11:12 am

4 years later. You guys are insane, and not in a good way.
四年後。お前たちは頭おかしい。

L1ftedResearch_ said:

August 3rd, 11:12 am

If this is the whole list I’m totally playing this on easy. Don’t judge me lol

CaptainRockman said:

August 3rd, 11:12 am

This is probably just a list of the non-hidden trophy. For the point totals to match up there’s probably about 30 hidden trophies related to the story that they’re not listing here.

Mobius_124 said:

August 3rd, 11:13 am

This is not the full trophy set. theres 34 of them.

RecSpec said:

August 3rd, 11:15 am

@25 Yeah, I think it was a MINIMUM of 7-8 playthroughs for all of the emblems. One of them being the perfect Big Boss run. Good thing I’m not a trophy hunter.

HIhi2442 said:

August 3rd, 11:16 am

Looks like I’d better find someone to borrow this off of again!

cronqvist said:

August 3rd, 11:16 am

If this were the full list, it would be an EXCELLENT one. Trophies unlocked by skill are better than those obtained by progressing. Me thinks.

RecSpec said:

August 3rd, 11:16 am

Meant @27, not @25

Ethereal said:

August 3rd, 11:17 am

YES! More of a reason to play it again. Although if I was a betting man I would say some of these are hard to obtain.

crazy_kracker1 said:

August 3rd, 11:19 am

Very cool look likes an easy Platinum.

FearlessSasuke said:

August 3rd, 11:19 am

I cannot wait to replay this masterpiece :D

PortSolid said:

August 3rd, 11:19 am

Well It’s About Time.

Sonic305 said:

August 3rd, 11:20 am

Wait no story or boss trophies that lame. But overall least ill enjoy the story.

TM1619 said:

August 3rd, 11:23 am

I wonder if there are any hidden trophies? This list is looking a little too easy for a Metal Gear Solid game, but I guess it’s to please those who have achieved all the uber-hard stuff previously and don’t want to do it again (ahem, Big Boss Emblem). Still, it’s nice to have trophies added!
I experienced this back when it came out, and again last December. It’s a great time to play this classic again!

gamer_316 said:

August 3rd, 11:24 am

looks like this is gonna be a really easy platinum, i’ve dun all those things except the ghosts just by playin the game & is that the full trophy list? I’m only counting 20 trophies =/

Zerokoolpsx said:

August 3rd, 11:24 am

Sounds of the Battlefield will be the hardest one. Just checked and yeah, unlocking all the iPod songs requires you to collect all 40 emblems, including the Big Boss one.

jose213jose said:

August 3rd, 11:29 am

You guys who think you can get them on just by loading old save think again. You will have to start off new to earn the trophy’s and if you don’t trust or believe me just check out the news reports about the game trophy’s on other pages.

I beat the game 7 times on each mode and just to re-play it again will be awesome this time around sense i got something to fight for now, trophy’s. Lets hope their don’t have trophy were you have to get all the emblems because i see that being super hard and not sure how it will work ether sense i got them all. Trophy for that one may or may not pop for it and it doesn’t then looks like we’ll going to start off with new save without anything so clean slate.

Andrefpvs said:

August 3rd, 11:30 am

Will we have to get all 40 emblems in order to unlock the Sounds of the Battlefield trophy?

ZOLANTON said:

August 3rd, 11:32 am

Super hard as expected. To get all the Ipod songs you need to get all the emblems (Big Boss included)

gamer_316 said:

August 3rd, 11:32 am

one gaming site I saw reports there’s 34 trophies total idk if thats true but theres gotta be alot of hidden trophies or somethin

zzamaro said:

August 3rd, 11:33 am

It’s not an easy platinum people. One of the itunes songs needs all the emblems which btw, one of those needs the player to play at least one MGO game with another person, hope you are aware of this because if not, it will be impossible to platinum.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 3rd, 11:33 am

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!! ..NOW ALL WE NEED IS NEWS ON THE NEW FOX ENGINE AND MGS5!! :P

MakoSOLIDER said:

August 3rd, 11:33 am

This is pretty easy! btw can we get MGS HD Collection on US PS Store! Been begging for it for so long now! KONAMI!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 5