Spider-Man PS4

Aug 03

Aug 03

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Trophy List Revealed!

Yoshikazu Matsuhana's Avatar Posted by Producer, Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Project

Update: The patch is now live in North America. Happy Trophy hunting!

Platinum Trophy

Did you all experience Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008? Or maybe for some reason you missed it? The Trophy system was introduced to PS3 in the middle of 2008. However, by that time, MGS4 had already finished development and was about to launch, so we were regrettably unable to implement Trophies at launch. But, we’ve always had it on our to-do list and users have given us continuous feedback requesting Trophies over the years.

MSG4 ShooterMSG4 Close-up

For all those who have asked “where are the Trophies?” we are very sorry for the long wait. However, in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series, we are very pleased to announce that trophies will finally be coming to MGS4 in the beginning of August!

Furthermore, retail versions of the game in stores will be updated to offer native Trophy support out of the box.

For loyal fans and new players alike, there’s never been a better time to relive the experience of MGS4. The timeless PS3 classic is back – now with full Trophy support!!

MSG4 Guns of PatriotsMSG4 Guns of Patriots

Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.

Add Your Own

erleikur said:

August 3rd, 1:17 pm

Beging of August? when is that comming? oh wait! now? but until when is the begining of this month?

D-Squad3 said:

August 3rd, 1:19 pm

M-Easy said:

August 3rd, 1:19 pm

Wow this list is hard! You want 10-15 more playthroughs on an older game. Ugh

TooLVolta said:

August 3rd, 1:42 pm

Thank you, now all there is left to do is bring MGO back 8)

talisj1 said:

August 3rd, 1:45 pm

is this supposed 2 make up 4 the termination of mgo??? unlikely.

pgharavi said:

August 3rd, 1:46 pm

Do we have a confirmed date of August 6th for the U.S. patch?

TooLVolta said:

August 3rd, 1:47 pm

Some people will never be grateful…

Shadow5k said:

August 3rd, 1:50 pm

Looks like I have to get the Big Boss Emblem…. again.. and to get the long and tedious Chicken Emblem.

IcedDice777 said:

August 3rd, 1:51 pm

1st Things first…Thank you! Looking forward to playing the game again. Second, To be honest…i was expecting 50 trophies plus the platinum on this trophy patch update Since MGS 4 is/was one of the BiGGEST flagship titles released on the PS3. Still, thank you konami. Ps. Please reconsider releasing MGO multiplayer on PSN just like Killzone 3 did. Hint hint…hint.

ausse777 said:

August 3rd, 1:52 pm

Now just put the game on playstation store and I’ll gladly buy it!

KosmoCrisis said:

August 3rd, 1:55 pm

The right handle in the image of the bronze trophy appears cut off. Oops guy who made the image.

DirjelJunshin said:

August 3rd, 2:06 pm

Lots of tough trophies… assuming you haven’t totally dominated the game already!

MarinoBrea said:

August 3rd, 2:14 pm

ACTIVATE IT!

THE SYSTEM IS MINE!

Goddess_Katheryn said:

August 3rd, 2:53 pm

Nice! A great excuse to play a classical masterpiece again, especially with the patch to also allow install of all chapters as opposed to one when you get to that point in the game.

It doesn’t seem like the full list, I have a feeling some are “hidden trophies” for storyline events to avoid spoilers for possible newcomers and such. That’s just my guess though. Either way, I’m looking forward to it!

chiefdog11 said:

August 3rd, 3:08 pm

This isn’t a full list people. Konami has already stated that there will be a total of 34 trophies.

faraway25 said:

August 3rd, 3:16 pm

I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit disappointed by this and might not even make the rerun to get the trophies. It’s going to take too long to get a platinum. I wouldn’t mind this partial trophy list if it wasn’t for the fact that the game is 4years old and I had it since launch and replayed it multiple times and spent several years on Metal Gear Online. I would love to replay it but with no huge pay off i.e. too hard platinum it’s kinda not worth it. There are just too many games I have to play and games coming out soon that I want to play to replay a game that I owned for 4 years like 20 times!!

But then again with this update coming with a rerelease basically. I’m just guessing you guys are aiming for new comers to PS3 that may have missed it and not people like me. Oh well.

Carl-G said:

August 3rd, 3:43 pm

Cool:P :P :P But i am confused about why other game makers say they can’t do a Trophy patch for their older games(like Resistance 1 & R&C:ToD & MotorStorm 1 etc etc)? Confusing that:D Oh well i can’t wait to play MGS4 again & see the Trophies pop up :D

Frejim said:

August 3rd, 3:46 pm

August 6th – Hiroshima Bomb Anniversary kudos to Kojima san!

and no, this wont be an easy plat as some people have mentioned here!

NeoRaidenX said:

August 3rd, 3:55 pm

It’s been 4 years. You guys hold the record, for longest ongoing console game without trophies/achievements with them later being patched in. Wooo.!

Was disappointed when MGS4 didn’t have trophies back when I played it on launch day. However, this is perfect timing, since I was about ready to give the game a second go through soon anyway. Excited to play through the game with trophies.

Thank you for patching them in, like many have said, better late than never.

Dante989 said:

August 3rd, 4:02 pm

Forget the trophies. I’m diving back in just based on the fact that I don’t have to install every chapter now. Gonna bring back some memories of when I first bought my PS3…. good times, good times.

Frejim said:

August 3rd, 4:06 pm

it was my first PS3 and game too, actually it was the limited edition GUNMETAL GREY Kojima Edition.
Too bad it’s already gone!

Kchow23 said:

August 3rd, 4:10 pm

Confirmation from Kojima Production’s twitter.

@Kojima_Pro_Live Yes, there are hidden trophies @KC_32: Are those all the trophies? or are there hidden ones that weren’t posted? 20 trophies is a bit short.

Destiny89 said:

August 3rd, 4:13 pm

This might sound silly but i bought the game and didnt play it due to not having trophies now guess what? i’ll finally play my first MGS game :P
plzzzz next up Valkyria chronicles trophies

NauseousPenguin said:

August 3rd, 4:16 pm

Adding trophies to a title that lacked them at launch? Quite interesting. Is it a possibility for the same to be done for R&C: Tools of Destruction sometime in the future?

DION3TO said:

August 3rd, 4:17 pm

Amazing.
It has finally come!

Frejim said:

August 3rd, 4:24 pm

@Destiny89 you should really play the other MGS games before this one!!!

Hell_Awaits16 said:

August 3rd, 4:28 pm

Ahhhhhhhh Liquiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

sk8allday25 said:

August 3rd, 4:31 pm

can we please get Metal gear solid HD collection on psn store?everyone is asking for.

Trieloth said:

August 3rd, 4:33 pm

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! *gives hug

FUTURE_TESTER said:

August 3rd, 4:53 pm

So…. um If I have MGS4 and I put it in … will there be an update for the game? or will I have to buy the trophy edition again?

FullMetalDoctor said:

August 3rd, 4:56 pm

Its about time you silly bastards !

T-Cal said:

August 3rd, 5:05 pm

About D*** Time! I cant wait to pull the game out from the Collection!

android92 said:

August 3rd, 5:10 pm

I might go pick up this game now that it has trophies. I just wish that insomniac would update their old games with trophies (Resistance 1, Ratchet TOD and Q4B)

schmidt22 said:

August 3rd, 5:23 pm

This isnt an easy platinum. You get the Snake Eater song for getting all 40 emblems. Too bad I’ll have to do that AGAIN

DarkslideSDMF said:

August 3rd, 5:28 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

No apologies necessary!!

THANK YOU SONY!

THANK YOU KOJIMA-SAMA!

viceforce said:

August 3rd, 5:40 pm

Damn I sold my copy of the game last year. Looks like I’m going to have to buy another to bring Old Snake out of Retirement

Pedro408sanjose said:

August 3rd, 5:43 pm

Damn, Every Emblem for the song? That’s way hard.

ccanfield1 said:

August 3rd, 5:47 pm

Awesome ! Thanks for the update. Now here’s hoping Assassin’s Creed gets a trophy update :)

moonset9 said:

August 3rd, 5:57 pm

thats preety cool

YungShep said:

August 3rd, 6:15 pm

BUYING THIS AGAIN! I STILL REMEMBER THE MICROWAVES AT THE END OF THE GAME. CLASSIC. I’LL RELIVE IT FOR THE TROPHIES!!!!

Apeman24 said:

August 3rd, 6:54 pm

Best game on the Ps3

Apeman24 said:

August 3rd, 7:44 pm

I hate when people say Ill get it now that it has trophies. This game is above that, you people piss me off, and I’m almost lvl 16 in the trophy lvl and have 33 platinums! Ive beaten this game like 9 times. Do you know why? Because this game is an “experience” no ordinary game! You people are fools. Whatever happened when people, would buy a game based on how good the game is, and then worry about getting the feats later after you took everything in. Take my favorite game of all time “Final Fantasy VII” I have beaten it at least 20+ times because of what it means to me, if it gets trophies one day great, but it would never stop me from geting it, NEVER. I hope after you play this game and really feel it, you will know what I mean.

Benmo316 said:

August 3rd, 7:58 pm

I’m glad MGS4 is FINALLY getting trophies. It’s been 4 years since it was released, if you weren’t going to put trophies in the game when everyone was clamoring for them 2 years ago why not then? If this is it get people to replay MGS4 or try and get new people to go out and buy it I think that’s a bad strategy, it’s a couple years to late to capitalize on that.

U-Longtea89 said:

August 3rd, 7:59 pm

Great looks like i will be buying the game again. What about MGO though i heard it was cut off will it return on psn servers

tomoyotomoya said:

August 3rd, 8:02 pm

If this is gonna the final list of MGS4 trophies, i will absolutely replay it again.

Until now, i just finished this game on the console of my friend. After i’ve bought a PS3, i bought also a copy of MGS4, but never played.

Thanks, KONAMI. Thanks, Mr.Kojima and the stuff.

technophobia said:

August 3rd, 8:09 pm

Thanks Kojima-san, Konami and crew for pulling this off when we’ve all lost hope!

This is truly a pleasant surprise :D

SkyNet003 said:

August 3rd, 8:09 pm

@110

If you want to spend a whole week downloading and intalling the 30+ GB required for the game, then be my guest :P

TomatoDragon said:

August 3rd, 8:16 pm

Awesome news! Time to play it again for the 20th time. :)

mahmoud365 said:

August 3rd, 8:35 pm

That is great news ! I am really excited for these trophies, metal gear solid 4 was my first ps3 game and it has been always one of the best games I have played and I am really excited to play it again while trying to obtain these trophies.

jimmyfoxhound said:

August 3rd, 8:53 pm

Nope nope, I’d take an option to install over trophies any day of the week. I love the game but the mandatory chapter installs just ruined my desire to replay the game. I’m not sitting there for 5-10 minutes watching Snake smoke for 5 minutes every chapter, that was so annoying!!