Knack 2

Aug 06

Aug 06

Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

You folks may have read on the internets about our upcoming release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection. Well, we’ve decided to make August 28th an extra sweet shopping day by releasing it alongside the God of War Saga and inFAMOUS Collection!

God of War SagainFAMOUS CollectionRatchet & Clank Collection

Notice the shiny new things we’ve put on the packaging! What does it mean? Why does Ratchet look so good in green? The answer to most of those questions is that we’re officially introducing our Collections line with these releases on August 28th. Over the years we’ve had all sorts of great deals come your way and moving forward, this is how we plan on presenting them to our consumers. From August 28th on out, you’ll be able to easily spot these classic installments at retailers, as well as on the PlayStation Store, and know that you’ll be getting the greatest PlayStation has to offer — at the best prices around!

You should already know what’s in the Ratchet & Clank Collection, but here’s what you’ll find in the other two:

God of War Saga

• God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War III
  • God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
  • Exclusive Bonus Content
  • Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
  • Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War III and God of War: Origins Collection)

inFAMOUS Collection

• inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • Extra missions
  • Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles

Come August 28th, you’ll be able to pick these beauties up starting at $29.99! They not only come with some of the best and most memorable games in the PlayStation family, they’re also packed with a few additional goodies to make it worth your hard-earned cash. For longtime fans who may already have a few installments of these franchises, select titles from the Collections will also be available individually — without the extras — on the PlayStation Store.

Keep an eye on the Blog as we bring you some additional news in the coming weeks, about which games you can expect to get their own Collections this fall!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

Polyhertz said:

August 6th, 10:45 am

Does the Infamous collection include Festival of Blood on disc or voucher?

Looking forward to R&C Deadlocked HD (assuming it leaves Japan), I hope you guys will consider releasing it on disc in EUR like Quest for Booty.

Also on the subject of collections, where’s the Wild Arms HD Collection already? :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 10:52 am

Festival of Blood will be redeemable via a voucher.

And man, that’d be crazy if there was Wild Arms HD Collection. Loved the first one!

Xanthus179 said:

August 6th, 10:49 am

These are absolutley awesome deals. The Infamous collection not as much as I have both the games free from Playstation Plus, but Ratchet & Clank and God of War are going to be mine. Only ever finished the first two GoW games, so this is a great opportunity.

Cat_Corye said:

August 6th, 10:50 am

So when are we going to see Kilzone’s? Heck it be awesome to see a Dot.Hack HD remastered for PS3.

remanutd5 said:

August 6th, 10:53 am

collections i want to see :
Motorstorm Collection : Brutal Off Road Racing at its finest!!
include Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Motorstorm Arctic Edge HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Ratchet and Clank Future Saga Collection:
include Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time

PS3 Second Chance Collection:
include Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Lair all with trophy support.

Newbold said:

August 6th, 10:53 am

Thanks for the reply Cristian! Do me a favour and let your peers know about the demand for a SOCOM 2 HD remake will you. We have nearly 12k Votes on the playstation blog share for it! https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/socom-ii-hd/

Thanks!

pochii29 said:

August 6th, 10:54 am

For the god off war saga, for (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta) are they going to be on psp/vita (like the were) or on ps3? (i dont have a psp or vita)????

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 11:00 am

The God of War Saga is all the PS3 versions of those games.

t3chnol05ic said:

August 6th, 10:54 am

totally getting GOW and Infamous Collections

lannister- said:

August 6th, 10:57 am

I’d be all over the inFAMOUS collection if I didn’t already own all three. Such a great series, makes me glad I have a PS3! But I don’t have any of the GoW yet, so that’s definitely an attractive bundle for me! (If the Origins Collection is via a voucher, I can play those on my Vita, right?)

NauseousPenguin said:

August 6th, 10:58 am

I simply love this! I’d always hoped that the collections’ packaging would eventually take on a bit more of a universal, “classy” appearance. That Ratchet & Clank one will look nice on my game shelf!

Sean_Oberlander said:

August 6th, 10:59 am

No plans for Europe? :(

I presume importing won’t work (Even if the PS3 is region-free) as the codes will be region locked.

sk8allday25 said:

August 6th, 11:02 am

I feel like this collection must come to EU,EU players love Infamous,GOW and Ratchet n clank.at least digital version should come to EU.that would be nice.

NauseousPenguin said:

August 6th, 11:03 am

Come to think of it, a R&C Future collection it looking more and more likely, seeing that the inFAMOUS collection includes 2 full PS3 games and one PSN game. If that happens, I’m definitely buying it. Ever since I tried All 4 One on PS Plus, I’ve been hooked on the series! Not the best game to introduce someone to the franchise, but effective, nonetheless.

Anti-form said:

August 6th, 11:08 am

Now would this already use preexisting save data? or would it make entirely new data?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 11:14 am

These should be able to use pre-existing save data.

Se7en0ps said:

August 6th, 11:08 am

Man! My dilemma now is : “Should I wait and see if there will be a complete R&C collection that includes both the HD remasters and the three PS3 releases?” With you guys, who put something on sale and give it away the next week, we never know.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

August 6th, 11:09 am

Will the God of War Saga and inFamous collections be box collections like the Uncharted one or will they be multi-disced in a Blu-Ray case?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 11:14 am

Two discs in a standard Blu Ray case!

JeffWii33 said:

August 6th, 11:15 am

So glad i waited and didn’t buy any god of war, until now. This is a really great surprise!

Super-Collins-30 said:

August 6th, 11:16 am

this is amazing! i love collection games.
is there any chance that you guys could pull a few strings and make a remastered version of the kingdom hearts games???? they are my favorite games ever but i dont have any of the new consoles to play the new ones on. and my ps2 broke a while back…
even just buying them on the psn store would be enough for me!
is it possible? or am i just dreaming big?

Cry_Zero said:

August 6th, 11:19 am

What about Europe? Does the GOW Saga come out in here too?

jveloz21 said:

August 6th, 11:22 am

Hey I’m really stoked for the God of War saga. I have all the God of War games, but I have them all on separate and outdated systems. $40 seems fair for 5 full games but I was wondering what exactly does the bonus content include? I have some dlc skins for God of War III such the Deimos skin and the Morpheus armor but not all of them. It would be awesome it brought all the skins including the Dominus armor with the challenge of exile as well as the soundtracks for all games. Lastly, what does you mean by “DUALSHOCK Control”? isn’t it assumed that if the games come out for the ps3 that it will be compatible with the dualshochk controller?

xxnike629xx said:

August 6th, 11:26 am

I’ll just have to see what this God of War Saga Collection is.
I really hope that it doesn’t have that ugly red Greatest Hits logo and box art. If and only then, I may consider the purchase, or else I will stick with my games that I have now for the PS3.

I suspect an Uncharted and Resistance series will get a collection set like this..or at least I hope for 1.

On a side note, Sony!! Why haven’t you guys been talking with Square-Enix into remastering the Kingdom Hearts series for the PS3 in HD? The games already have amazing graphics and if we can get them in wide screen, 720p native HD, 60 fps, fast load times, install, trophies… Yea. Guaranteed seller!

If you guys do this, please please try to get us US gamers the Final Mix versions for the games. They are currently Japan exclusive, however, the voices are all in English. They contain additional items, weapons, scenes, bosses, etc from the US PS2 version that we have. PLEASE DO THIS!

Oh and please make sure you guys bring trophy support for games like COD4: Modern Warfare, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Resistance Fall of Man…and I’m sure there are more games.

Thank you!

hassan2012king said:

August 6th, 11:27 am

Those are awesome bundles, i’m thinking of picking up the GOW bundle because i only have GOW 1 and 2! Good job sony!!!

infamousXX87XX said:

August 6th, 11:33 am

Just payed off my copy of Darksiders 2 and pre-ordered the Ratchet and Clank Collection. The God of War saga looks very enticing even though I beat the 3 main games. Might have to pick that up too

Snakebyte42 said:

August 6th, 11:36 am

Now I’m kind of annoyed that I own all these already… I got Infamous free after the PSN outage and bought the Hero Edition of 2, and paid something like $75 for all five god of war games (plus probably another $100 for my original PS2 copies) and I thought THAT was a good deal. You guys sometimes make my wallet sad.

I’m still in for the R&C collection, though, and I hope more show up that I don’t own already. :D

Hikko23 said:

August 6th, 11:36 am

This is the greatest idea in a long time!
I’ll definitely have the GoW Saga standing beside my Pandora’s Box!

wildcat_zulu said:

August 6th, 11:36 am

Yo! These collections are Dope.

JM2111 said:

August 6th, 11:39 am

this is a good offer

ghostnappa4 said:

August 6th, 11:44 am

Tons of games coming out the 28th! Journey, inFAMOUS, God of War, and Ratchet and Clank collections. Plus UC 3 GOTY. damn

SKulLLFaCeKILLa said:

August 6th, 11:48 am

Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? Kingdom Hearts Collection? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEE

Davidgui said:

August 6th, 11:48 am

This is perfect! I was about to buy inFamous 1 a couple days ago, but couldn’t. Now there’s gonna be a collection? It’s like you guys read my mind! Gonna get that day one.
Now if you guys do the same thing for Uncharted, I will be very happy.

FreddyGPaulsen said:

August 6th, 11:50 am

It will not be the full saga without God Of War Assencion….

blindmonster said:

August 6th, 11:54 am

Will it be out in countries like Mexico or wont come out of U.S.A??

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 12:11 pm

The Ratchet & Clank Collection will be available, but not the other two.

JVBGFR said:

August 6th, 11:59 am

What about God of War: Betrayal? Why isn’t it included in the God of War Saga?

lbtrier said:

August 6th, 12:00 pm

Any plans for Brazil (or Latin America)?

Zoidzerg said:

August 6th, 12:00 pm

Missed the GoW series entirely so might give it a try. I am that one guy who did not like Infamous. Ratchet and Clank is goodness.

Happy pie.

Chibivamp7 said:

August 6th, 12:04 pm

this is awesome! i’d totally get the inFAMOUS one :3

Meister_Zeigler said:

August 6th, 12:04 pm

This is all good stuff, but where is Ratchet: Deadlocked?… Oh and is the GoW collection still stretched screen format cause that’s a make it or break it for me…

jose213jose said:

August 6th, 12:05 pm

you just made my day for god of war collection, I’m 100% buying the game. So this is disc base game and download too?

tusunami said:

August 6th, 12:07 pm

I like what Sony is doing with the playstation collection, all i need is the ratchet coolection & i’m all set!!!!

Halberdier17 said:

August 6th, 12:08 pm

I plan on getting the God of War Saga I never played the God of War series except for ten minutes my friend had Chains of Olympus on his PSP. I didn’t get around to getting this because I didn’t feel like catching up but since they are going to be bundled I wouldn’t mind playing them all.

I also will get the inFAMOUS collection I have inFAMOUS 1 but I still haven’t gotten around to purchasing inFAMOUS 2 and Festival of Blood.

PlatinumAura said:

August 6th, 12:09 pm

Does this mean GoW 3 is now available for ps3 via download (as it said playstation store) If so I’ll pick that up and sell my disc! I already own the download of of 1 and 2 and Origins

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

August 6th, 12:13 pm

God of War 3 will not be available on the Store by this date.

ReapersDMFSM said:

August 6th, 12:16 pm

GOD OF WAR SAGA FOR 40 BUCKS, MAN! But that sucks for me because i already have GOW 1,2, AND 3, i dont have origins, if this pack comes out will god of wars origins be cheaper? please reply i really want to get origins!!

KnightCrawler88 said:

August 6th, 12:16 pm

why is god of war 1 & 2 a download and not on a disc i would like to have all on a discs not as a download

Lego_My_Eggo said:

August 6th, 12:16 pm

I was considering getting all the God of War games for the PS3, this just made that decision a lot easier. Sony, never stop making HD updates and awesome collections.

PlatinumAura said:

August 6th, 12:17 pm

DARN IT I meant at release…thats what I get for not proofreading I meant when it releases.

Joe-TFW said:

August 6th, 12:22 pm

Even at $40, the God of War Saga is still a fantastic value. Same with inFamous.

fgab2 said:

August 6th, 12:44 pm

Did they will come out in canada or no??

hoipexn said:

August 6th, 12:49 pm

What is this? No Killzone, Resistance, WipEout, Buzz or SingStar mega-collection-saga-edition?
GoW is cool, but R&C already is out there and infamous isn’t quite the saga yet…
Just put WipEout 2048 HD Fury in the Store with bonus making-of, music and artwork for Pete’s sake…

And where are the new action-adventure franchises by SCE? We need new refreshing stuff people!!!

JVBGFR said:

August 6th, 12:49 pm

What about God of War: Betrayal? Can we get some kind of answer about it. Like maybe a possible future PSN release at least?

matthewwhatever said:

August 6th, 12:51 pm

On Sucker Punch’s Facebook page/Twitter, they’re saying that the inFamous collection is $29.99, not $39.99 – which is the correct price?

jojeaux22 said:

August 6th, 1:01 pm

I, myself, would love the dot hack games in some form of collection. I loved that series.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8