Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 13

Aug 13

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Moves to November

Chan Park's Avatar Posted by President, SuperBot Entertainment

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Hello PlayStation Nation. As you know, we at SuperBot have set high benchmarks for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Our goal is to deliver a fun, well-balanced, and compelling gameplay experience that pays homage to all of these incredible characters.

We also know our fans have high expectations for this title, and to that end, we have decided to move the release date to November 20th, 2012 for North America (including Canada) and Latin America territories. This will let us spend more time polishing and tuning the game, and it will give us a chance to incorporate some of the great feedback we’re receiving from the current limited beta to ensure we are creating the best possible fighting game experience. While it is our greatest desire to put this game into the hands of our fans as soon as possible, we do not want to do so at the sake of quality. The additional time will be well worth the wait, and are excited to know that our fans will have the ultimate brawler in time for the holiday.

Keep an eye on GamesCom this week, as we’ve lined up some big announcements that we’re sure you’ll be excited about.

Thanks again for all of your support and understanding!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

RedWaltz79 said:

August 13th, 9:39 am

Thanks. I’d rather the game be delayed and polished than released in a buggy mess.

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 13th, 10:59 am

Thank you for your understanding!

Cyris said:

August 13th, 9:42 am

Worth the wait.

Gogo_ZvC said:

August 13th, 9:42 am

Definitely expected this, no need to rush it out. I’m hoping I get access to the beta though fairly soon :)

Monterossa said:

August 13th, 9:43 am

I’m going to play One Piece Pirate Warriors 24/7 at that time…. and DoA5 and WWE ’13.. oh… and FFXIV Realm Reborn too.

DZORMAGEN said:

August 13th, 9:43 am

I hope the delay only means characters like Crash, Sypro, and the most wanted are in the final game. I don’t mind a delay if it is for a good reason. I will still support this game once it does come out. Day 1 for me!! Just listen to the fans like you guys said you would!!

angibri2000 said:

August 13th, 9:45 am

No worries Mr. Chan, as long as you guys work out the kinks. ;) I’m loving the Beta so far but also noticed quite a few bugs here and there. Plus I know you guys need more time to talk to Activision about Crash right buddy? ;) Lol, keep up the good work guys! =)

LovesJapanManga said:

August 13th, 9:45 am

That is truly awesome. Thank you for making that right decision by taking your time to polish this game to its finest details. Quite excited for this game to come out.

By the way… Will we ever see Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Lightning, Old Snake, Young Snake, and several more…? :-)

MakoSOLIDER said:

August 13th, 9:46 am

Yup, no prob! Polish the game and maybe add some FINAL FANTASY chars….
Very excited for Gamescom please give us non-leaked characters! Also, October was hell between ACIII, ACIII Liberation, and more so thx!

freshprincepbg said:

August 13th, 9:46 am

I’m cool with this, hopefully this means you’re getting more good characters for the game.

Also I finally got into the beta, and I feel like characters can be a little bigger, I lose track of where I am a lot.

IM_RICK_GRIMES said:

August 13th, 9:46 am

can you please make sure this game is a day 1 digital release on PS3 because i would prefer to have it saved on my HDD

ShadowFox014 said:

August 13th, 9:47 am

This is a title worth waitin’ for. And it gives me enough time to save up money for a pre-order for the PS3 and Vita version :P [Or combo pack or something, eager to know how much they’d both go for] ^.^

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 13th, 11:00 am

Thank you so much for your positive perspective and support! We will ensure it is worth the wait.

C_Dalke said:

August 13th, 9:47 am

Sucks to hear, but I’m sure it’s the right decision. If they need more time, than they should have it.

DasRequiem said:

August 13th, 9:49 am

At least it’s not delayed for too long. I’m very excited for this game. I can’t wait for more character reveals.

dareaper0507 said:

August 13th, 9:50 am

What’s one more month? As long as its functional and plays well, that is all that truely matters. If it means a delay, than that means that they really do care about the game, and don’t want to just have to keep patching it.

HyperStory said:

August 13th, 9:50 am

I thought Gamescom was this week?

Motherboop said:

August 13th, 9:50 am

Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 13th, 11:01 am

Exactly!

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

August 13th, 9:50 am

Sad to hear. The game was scheduled on my birthday… but who cares, make the best game you can SuperBot. Very anxious to see the new announcements at GamesCom tomorrow!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 13th, 9:51 am

I WAS REALLY HOPING THIS DIDNT HAPPEN..SONY WAS KNOWN TO DELAY EVERY DAMN GAME THEY MADE..SMH..I KNOW EVERYONE IS THINING ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF TIME THEY HAVE TO POLISH THE GAME BUT COME ON I KNOW THEY MUST HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS GAME LONG ENOUGH TO “POLISH AND FIX TWEEKS”..SMH ..THIS IS VERY UNPROFESIONAL OF THEM TO DO THIS BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION..>:/

Hellman said:

August 13th, 9:51 am

Take your time and release it when it’s 100% ready. One thing that developers have neglected this generation is first impressions for their games. This is the kind of game you want enjoyable the first time you play and not thinking about waiting a month or two to fix problems. Keep up the great work SuperBot!

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 13th, 11:01 am

Thank you so much!

cecil322 said:

August 13th, 9:51 am

I’m in the beta it’s a smart move to delay just to fix all the problems to make this game the game it should be I love playing it and I’m buying both the ps3 and vita versions and I’ve played the beta everyday since being invited don’t worry fans superbot is making a great game the best game they can this games is in great hands can’t wait to own this

NauseousPenguin said:

August 13th, 9:51 am

If Spyro is in the game, I don’t care if you take 2 more years, because it’ll still be worth it.

Capt-Fury- said:

August 13th, 9:52 am

that’s ok, more time to add Dart and Kat!

;)

cosmis_chaos said:

August 13th, 9:53 am

No problem. Just make sure and polish it until it shines. Besides this gives me more time to get into the beta.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 13th, 9:54 am

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE UP FOR THIS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL MOVE..AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF CRASH ANDGABE LOGAN ON THE ROSTER..NOW THAT WOULD MAKE IT UP PERFECTLY! :)

MaxP-S3 said:

August 13th, 9:54 am

I’m bummed a little, but if this time will make the game awesome-er-er, than I’m all in!

Also really pumped for the gamescom news :D

HankVenture321 said:

August 13th, 9:54 am

i really want ratchet and clank to be in there, i don’t see how that wasn’t annouced yet, and samanosuke, ooo and the guys from dark cloud and rouge galaxy, and kos-mos there are so many characters that need to be put in. make it happen sony please i’ve been dreaming of this title for years

DaddyJenkins said:

August 13th, 9:55 am

Good stuuf that give me more time to play that new Calla Duty

Berae said:

August 13th, 9:59 am

ahh that sucks but it will be worth the wait I guess. Btw, is there a North America not including Canada? XD

I didnt play the game yet but one thing I would like is that you could fall off the stage

iZalman007 said:

August 13th, 9:59 am

That’s completely fine, SuperBot. I’ll wait as long as you want me to… as long as Crash and Spyro are in the game. ;)

cecil322 said:

August 13th, 10:00 am

@26 Ratchet and clank have been confirmed by paul gale of the Paul gale network checkmhismwebsite

Miggy11 said:

August 13th, 10:01 am

One thing that definitely needs improvement is the presentation.

WFMMK said:

August 13th, 10:03 am

Great news take your time to polish it, also could you guys please make a Limited edition I would love one for this game.

Man-is-Obsolete said:

August 13th, 10:06 am

Need that extra month to make sure Kat is the best she can be in this game.

Pukerat said:

August 13th, 10:08 am

I would love to see some sort of map/stage maker system for this game. It wouldn’t even need to be very complicated to add tens, even hundreds of hours of gameplay to the game. Let’s say you make basic template designs that you can choose from. An example could be a survival/horror template. Once you choose a template, you get certain tools that can be used to make the stage. For survival/horror, you could have tombstones, skeletons, bats, haunted houses, castles, dark/gritty environments, lighting/rainstorms in the background, etc. You could even have a zombie or two pop out of a stage once in a while to harass players!

If you’d need ideas for a great game, I’d point you in the direction of Time Splitters: Future Perfect. A decent story mode, a map maker, and tons of challenges and game modes, along with many unlockable characters, weapons, and items. It even had four player splitscreen, which made it a great party game! If you need any ideas for a great game, please look towards Time Splitters: Future Perfect!

mpb93 said:

August 13th, 10:10 am

Thx for the news take your time i just want to play the beta

videogamebeast75 said:

August 13th, 10:13 am

it makes since because their going to release the public beta in october (maybe). and theyy could add more characters like for ex….. CRASH BANDICOOT!!.besides its just a month not compared to a nintendo game (luigis mansion 2) delayed to 2013

Ganryu_GDM said:

August 13th, 10:14 am

Finally good news…

Cloud and Crash CONFIRMED !

yeahhhhh!!!!

videogamebeast75 said:

August 13th, 10:14 am

i meant its not going to be like luigis mansion2 delayed to 2013

tech-boy-88 said:

August 13th, 10:17 am

All we NEED is CRASH & SPYRO.

Aceun said:

August 13th, 10:17 am

Thanks Park! You guys are all doing a great job and we’re all very excited. Take your time and make it right. Thanks for letting us know!!

Thirty3Three said:

August 13th, 10:17 am

Since this is delayed, I think it’s only fair that a Vita beta happens. I want in

CrusaderForever said:

August 13th, 10:17 am

Thanks SuperBot! It’s good to know this game is in good hands and that we are going to receive an incredible product. Take all the time you need. This just became a D1P for me. Thanks for being honest and up front with the Playstation fans! Looking forward to the Gamescom news!

Chan Park's Avatar

Chan Park said:

August 13th, 11:05 am

Thank you for your confidence in us. So happy we are a day 1 for you. We think you will be excited with the Gamescom news.

imboi said:

August 13th, 10:19 am

please take as much time as you need to make it good :)

EmperorKorea said:

August 13th, 10:19 am

I hope they change the look of the character select screen. It looks very low-budgety.

that_sterlin_kid said:

August 13th, 10:19 am

Since the majority of the games that I’ve anticipated most were pushed back, this one doesn’t surprise me at all. At least it was only pushed back a month. This is okay with me for reasons:
1. I have a lot to buy this Fall anyways, so some space between release dates helps.
2. I’m in the beta and love it enough as it is, actually.
3. This not only gives it more time for polish, but more time to add characters and plan DLC (if any).
I actually see more good than bad from this push-back.

Rammel29 said:

August 13th, 10:22 am

This is fine, take all the time you need to polish up this game and make it the best you can. Now only if I could play that beta….

LJPvonzity said:

August 13th, 10:25 am

As long as Crash and Spyro is gonna be in, I don’t give a damn about the release date. That gives me more time for Resident Evil 6 and Assassin’s Creed III.

Bannen said:

August 13th, 10:27 am

I knew I shouldn’t have requested October 23rd and 24th off of work so soon. :P

Oh well, at least the game will come out a bit more polished, and that’s what counts – also, just in time for Thanksgiving vacation.

In the meantime, how’s about I get a beta invite, eh? Please… PLEASE!

TNKTHAWOLF1 said:

August 13th, 10:28 am

If they were smart they’d delay it to spring next year, since Call of Duty, AC3, MOH, Halo 4 and more AAA titles are coming out.

It’s like Sony wants to kill any chances of this game selling. Bad enough they don’t advertise any of their exclusives much except Uncharted, Gran Turismo, and Killzone.

IceColdKilla44 said:

August 13th, 10:32 am

Good move, SuperBot. I’ll gladly wait a measly month if it means I’ll get a much more polished game.

And on the bright side, I’ll be able to finish Assassin’s Creed 3 by then so that I can focus only on All-Stars once it comes out!

PAGE 1 2 3