Knack 2

Aug 16

Aug 16

Gamescom 2012: LittleBigPlanet Recap

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Gamescom 2012 is currently in progress and LittleBigPlanet is the height of popularity there, thanks to our brand new titles LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting. To celebrate the occasion, we have a few treats for you!

LittleBigPlanet DLC Costume Cross-Compatibility!

Customization is a BIG part of LittleBigPlanet. Being able to modify your Sackboy or Sackgirl is a way for players to personalize their experience, while also bringing a variety of different franchises and entertainment properties into the LBP universe. We recognize this and have decided that we can’t ask all you LittleBigPlaneteers to fully enjoy the upcoming LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting without an amazing assortment of costumes at your disposal.

So, we’re going to let you bring the costumes that you bought for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 along with you… at no extra cost!

DrakeHazmatEmmett

Not only that, but for any new costumes that take your fancy, you will only ever need to purchase the costume once and you’ll have access to it across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, and LittleBigPlanet Karting!

If you’ve forgotten just how fabulous you can look in LittleBigPlanet, check out all the costumes we’ve released to date here and have a little window shop, whilst we rush back to LittleBigPlanet HQ and make everything just perfect for you*.

*Here’s the fine print: There are a heck of a lot of costumes and it’s going to take us a little while to get them all tailored, pressed, and packaged up. You will get some at launch and then we’ll be adding the rest later on, but rest assured you will get them!

We’re not going to be able to bring either of the Assassin’s Creed costumes (the Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed Revelations and Ezio Auditore Costume from Assassin’s Creed II) or the April Fools Fragrance Costume (Hessian Sackboy Fragrances) to LittleBigPlanet Karting at this time, but all the other downloadable costumes will be available so there’s no excuse for not turning heads as you gad about and race through the Omniverse.

For more information, check out our FAQ.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Gamescom Trailer

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita will be released September 25th, which means you only have to wait a few more weeks! To tide you over, we have a brand new Gamescom trailer for you.

LittleBigPlanet Karting Gamescom Trailer

Last week, we announced the release date for LittleBigPlanet Karting in all regions — you can get behind the wheel of Sackboy’s fast-paced new game on November 6th.

In the meantime, we’d like to take this opportunity to share our awesome Gamescom trailer for LittleBigPlanet Karting.

LittleBigPlanet Karting is definitely Sackboy’s fastest adventure to date! We can’t wait to see the creative new level types our community will create after the game is released.

Add Your Own

Cyris said:

August 16th, 7:41 am

Will Iota (Main character from MM’s new game “Tearaway”) ever be added as a downloadable skin for LBP games?

remanutd5 said:

August 16th, 7:43 am

Iota needs to be a downloadable skin for LBP game, cant wait for LBP on my vita!!!

remanutd5 said:

August 16th, 7:45 am

oh and sony weed need ModNation Racers Road Trip online multiplayer or Little Big Planet Karting on the vita ( with of course online multiplayer ) either one so which is gonna be?

stink_boy11 said:

August 16th, 7:45 am

StevenI, I have a question. Will we be able to transfer over custom made costumes to Karting and/or vita? I wanna wear my Biony costume? (Mix of a Bear, lion and a bunny.)

Spoelstra3 said:

August 16th, 7:48 am

Dr. Horrible costume please

Rafi7234 said:

August 16th, 7:53 am

Please tell me that this will extend to Playstation Allstars Battle Royale! I really want to see Sackboy Drake beat up Nathan Drake.

Nick930930 said:

August 16th, 7:57 am

I understand that you can bring over the costumes we purchased like Killzone and Uncharted sackboy, but what about the costumes made specifically for each game? Like the cupcake costume from LBP2 or the pirate in LBP1? Will those transfer as well? I like wearing some of the more basic costumes in the games :)

Nick930930 said:

August 16th, 7:58 am

@ Rafi7234 there will be multiple skins for players in PSAllstars, but not the selection of costumes from LBP itself. I did see a video that showed sackboy turn into Nathan Drake for a second (the same costume shown here too!)

etur0 said:

August 16th, 8:18 am

@Nick930930 yeah that is what I want to know has well I love my dead pirate that I created in lbp1

JMB626 said:

August 16th, 8:33 am

Super Costume Cross-Capabilities! <3

banjo5150 said:

August 16th, 8:39 am

Need to know if all standard costume parts are transferring as well. My wife’s Sackgirl is made with the pink stars skin and blue hair. If they are not there you can forget about her buying LBP Vita and LBP Karting. She and her sackgirl are a package deal, and I am not kidding.

freshprincepbg said:

August 16th, 9:00 am

What about costumes you created in LBP 1-2? Are those tranferring as well?

mr_krispy_kreme said:

August 16th, 9:00 am

I am glad to hear that my DLC will go between all games. It may actually be motivation for me to buy some of those packs that I have been holding off on ;)

Aside from that, is there any possibility we could also see some of the old classic LBP1 and LBP2 costumes go in? I’m specifically thinking of the DaVinci, Clive, Avalon, Victoria, Eve, Higgenbotham, Yellow Head, and Paperboy costumes, which I think have become quite a feature in the game :)

If not, I guess dressing up as the respective characters in each game works for me (although it would be sweet to have a DaVinci matchup with some of the characters in LBP PS Vita…)

GLiTcH2 said:

August 16th, 9:30 am

Thank you for the info!! Glad to know my costumes will be ready to go in LBPK when I pick it up in November!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 16th, 9:33 am

I too agree with #6..having to customize your sackboy in PSASBR would be AMAZING!! Yet being able to customize your sackboy in all LBP games is AWESOME TOO!.

Cool4x4 said:

August 16th, 10:04 am

Yes! This is awesome! I just pre-ordered my copy of LittleBigPlanet today. I can’t wait!

@6 That needs to happen…

Rafi7234 said:

August 16th, 10:59 am

Thanks @Nick930930.
Now that I think about it, I realize that nearly all of Playstations Allstars characters have a Sackboy costume (Cole McGrath, Jak, Big Daddy, Kratos…). I would love to have the ability for a full-on, all-Sackboy round!

Sharingan_itachi said:

August 16th, 11:32 am

Does this mean all costumes are transferable to the LBP Vita?

bdp985 said:

August 16th, 11:49 am

Great Job with LittleBigPlanet! I can’t wait to play on my Vita.
We understand the DLC will be transfered, but what about the ones we created? Create and Share is part of LBP after all

MrSoloLobo said:

August 16th, 11:59 am

I got LBP 1 and 2 for free (PSN hacking and PS+) but I haven’t really played them much because I feel it’s kinda boring alone. Anybody out there wanna play some co-op? If so, add me :)

Super_Clone said:

August 16th, 12:58 pm

On the EU Blog, there were mentions of a LBPV bundle. Any news on if that carries over to the US? That was one of the few reasons I wouldn’t just wait for a price drop. Oh, and any news on if there’ll be a LBPV and/or LBPK Collector’s Edition? Also, does anyone know or care to tell if Story Mode costumes transfer?

boomstickbhg said:

August 16th, 1:46 pm

Well after playing 2 LBP games on the PS3 and one more on the PSP I’m probably not going to be in any rush to play yet another version right at release.

That being said, LBP is a great game series and I think it makes a great choice for a Vita game. I’ll definately get it at some point because they’re always fun to play.

LBP Karting looks like it’ll be fun. I’ve got Modnation Racers still (sackboy was in that so I don’t mind mentioning it), but even so, I know I won’t be able to resist LBP Karting when it comes out.

Thanks for the LBP games, I hope they continue to be made for many more years.

ShardYu said:

August 16th, 1:55 pm

got me thinking of buying all costumes! :))

Elvick_ said:

August 16th, 2:00 pm

I really want some Gravity Rush costumes, and some Tearaway costumes are a must~

Why can’t we get the Assassin’s Creed costumes in Karting? ): Those are some of my favorite costumes. ;_; I assume it’s some licensing thing? But we’ll have them in LBP Vita, so that’s cool at least. A bit disappointing though.

Elvick_ said:

August 16th, 2:06 pm

Oh and I appreciate all the work you guys do to make costumes work in all of the games. I know it’s probably a lot more work than it seems.

Do you think we’ll ever get upgraded versions of the LBP PSP costumes? Because, there are some great costumes in that game and they’re only available in that game.

ps_n_blog_ac said:

August 16th, 2:12 pm

it’s amazing what you guys have done with little big planet vita, mostly with the crossplay feature :)

D-Squad3 said:

August 16th, 2:27 pm

Wow Costume Cross-Compatibility=Winning

chowder_07 said:

August 16th, 2:58 pm

What about those who don’t own a ps3 and they didn’t bought some costume,will all of those released costume come at vita too?

DizaumBR said:

August 16th, 4:58 pm

Will sackbots be able to go underwater in LBP Vita? In LBP 2 they die. I really need it to create a good level.

FORMIK said:

August 16th, 5:02 pm

Awesome! Thanks, Media Molecule!

ABNVOX said:

August 16th, 5:21 pm

this cross costume thing is fantastic since i have so many- just about all of them haha

DRAQ-520 said:

August 16th, 7:36 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!! thanks a lot mm, I was starting to get sad about the lack of drake, kratos, cole, journey and aerith in karts, hope you keep doing a great work!!!

luvtoseek said:

August 16th, 8:22 pm

I have too many costume & level packs; such is the effect of LBP greatness.

SolduNuts said:

August 16th, 8:34 pm

I’m glad that you guys have carried over all these costumes from game to game. That is just great. I am looking forward to LPB for Vita and the beta for LPB Karting was awesome. This series is as strong as ever and I can’t wait for these two releases. Hopefully customs levels will load pretty fast. Either way can’t wait.

Sold.

T-Patch said:

August 18th, 11:09 pm

It’s awesome that you guys managed to get the details sorted out to get the costumes cross-compatable. But still, I have a few questions.

Like the posts above asking about handmade and default costumes, would costumes from the DLC level packs (the Move Pack costumes, and the collectible extras from MGS, PotC, and the Rowlf and Toy Story Alien costumes) have a chance to be ported over?

Also, would stickers and the music pack have a shot to be cross-compatable? There’s a lot of awesome DLC stickers, and it would be disappointing if the music doesn’t make it over…

Either way, thank you MM for all your hard work in bringing the DLC Costumes over.

MightyAfro said:

August 19th, 3:10 pm

Are there plans to put in costumes from the LBP game for PSP? my favorite costume from every LBP game I’ve played has always been the brazillian themed costume with the dreadlocks.

DelicaGunz said:

August 24th, 6:38 pm

Cross Costume Play = Great GREAT idea!!!!