PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Aug 17

Aug 17

Sports Champions 2 Available In North America on October 30th

Jeremy Ray's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios

Hi again, this is Sports Champions 2 Senior Producer, Jeremy Ray, and I’m super excited to finally let everyone know when Sports Champions 2 will be available here in the US — October 30th! Since we’re getting close, I’ve got a small update on the game for you.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3

We’re giving the game one final coat of polish and squashing bugs right now, and I’m proud to say that we’ve surpassed many of our lofty internal goals. We can’t wait until it’s in your hands.

One example: the Avatar Creator feature has turned out so much better than we envisioned it. In fact, we are already starting to think about post-release support to make this feature even better — hopefully I’ll be able to announce something on that after launch. The creativity we’ve seen with the QA team on the avatar creator has been inspiring, and we’re incredibly excited to see how much further the fans take it.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3

We are also getting a ton of great feedback on Skiing, Boxing, Tennis, Golf, Bowling, and the new Archery. Just like with SC1, everyone seems to have their personal favorite. While my personal favorite in SC1 was Bocce, I’ll wait until SC2’s been out for a bit before making that call for the sequel.

Party Play keeps getting better and better, too. I really hope this takes off, as it’s been a blast to make. Thanks to the tremendous talent of Zindagi for making this possible, with big time improvements on core systems — like the removal of three point calibration.

Sports Champions 2 on PS3Sports Champions 2 on PS3

Thank you, and continue to stay tuned for more Sports Champions 2 news. We’ll see you on the leaderboards!

Add Your Own

Chase167 said:

August 17th, 2:55 pm

day 1 for me

Chase167 said:

August 17th, 2:56 pm

i hope the bowling is good

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 3:41 pm

Hope you dig it, too. IMO, the throw is much more realistic than anything else out there. Like SC1 Bronze will have assist to help newcomers, but as you progress assist is lowered. Advanced bowlers will probably prefer Gold to Bronze for example.

KazeEternal said:

August 17th, 3:29 pm

Improved Archery, Bowling, and Boxing…. three things you had to only mention to make me decide to get this.

cecil322 said:

August 17th, 3:30 pm

Can’t wait

1. How much at retail
2. Does boxing require 2 move wands

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 3:43 pm

1. All move required titles are $39.99.
    2. 1 Move is designed to be good, but 2 Moves is better. With 1 move your off hand punches are button presses.

Heavenly_king said:

August 17th, 3:31 pm

I think it would be a nice idea if this avatars were compatible with playstation home, and the other way around with games that enable us to have our own avatar.

It would allow a better integration of playstation home into more games, and also that way 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games would promote PS Home in some way XD

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 3:48 pm

Agreed. Would love to be able to import and export game avatars into and out of HOME. If HOME supported this, I know we would want to support it on the game side.

KazeEternal said:

August 17th, 3:31 pm

Any plans for a 60 dollar move experience? I really enjoyed Medieval Moves from you guys and Sorcery from The Workshop, I’d like to see some growth in this area.

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 3:50 pm

I saw a new Move story based game announced at Gamescom, Until Dawn.

bernionline2 said:

August 17th, 3:35 pm

Online multiplayer?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 3:52 pm

No online multiplayer. Similar but improved / expanded from SC1 there are online leaderboards and Facebook functionality.

MakoSOLIDER said:

August 17th, 3:49 pm

Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation says Hi

Elvick_ said:

August 17th, 4:08 pm

Not sure if I can get this one right away, too many games releasing. I’ll ask for this for Christmas. Will be fitting, since I got the original for Christmas too. :P

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 4:21 pm

I’m looking forward to playing this with my family over the holidays, I say good call. :)

onQ said:

August 17th, 4:16 pm

The Disc Golf challenge was my favorite thing to do in SC1 is there anything in SC2 that you can just pick up & get lost in for hours just playing over & over again?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 4:22 pm

All of the events have arcade like challenges just like SC1.

freshprincepbg said:

August 17th, 4:17 pm

After watching the Olympics, this game can’t get here soon enough!

What is Avatar creator, is it create a player? Like I can play as myself instead of Tatupu?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 4:25 pm

Yes Avatar creator is a create a player option. You can choose to play with a pre made character if you’d like, but you can make your own too. My AP Bob, made an avatar that looked scarily similar to himself and would change his avatar’s clothes to match what he was wearing each day. I laughed very hard the first time I noticed. He never said anything about it.

Emadeowa said:

August 17th, 4:21 pm

Will we have SC1 Events in SC2 or will have to put in SC1?

Jeremy Ray's Avatar

Jeremy Ray said:

August 17th, 4:27 pm

SC2 is meant to compliment SC1 and not as a replacement. SC2 has all new experiences that extend without invalidating SC1. If you enjoy playing Disc Golf and Bocce from SC1 as much as I do for example, keep that SC1 disc around.

If you have the digital version of either one you can avoid the disc swap too if you want.

KazeEternal said:

August 17th, 4:39 pm

@Jeremy Ray
Thanks for the suggestion, I saw the announcement for Until Dawn along with the trailer during the week. Can’t say it’s my cup of tea. I hate survival horror and have nothing nice to say about horror movies with their cheesy story lines either. Kind of avoid that stuff like the plague. I loved storied experiences like Uncharted, Killzone, Mass Effect (still confused why we don’t have voice and sharp shooter support, but what ever), and many others, i liked were Sorcery was going. So I want something that was move Dedicated that was on par with Uncharted in terms of production quality.

I really enjoy the implementations Zindagi provides with Sports Champions and Medieval Moves. It would honest be nice to see a full on adventure game in the vain of Zelda Skyward Sword come from you guys, but without bean Zelda. Kind of makes me wish the Sub Controller was more like the move so we could have better sword and shield support for that sort of thing. A Move Guide Controller if you will. Anyway can’t wait for SC2, purchased 2 more moves this week (total of 4 now) just for that game.

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 17th, 4:41 pm

@Elvick agreed, on October 30th alone besides this AC III, AC Liberation, and Need for Speed Most Wanted all come out. And then on top of that, PS All Stars comes out in November, and quite a few vita games should be releasing before the end of the year.

I don’t know what to buy first anymore : \

bitbydeath said:

August 17th, 4:45 pm

Any chance of getting more sports in future via DLC? I wouldn’t mind seeing Disc Golf or Bocce making a come back, along with new ones

SHINSPIKES said:

August 17th, 4:57 pm

I know yah don’t want SC2 to replace SC1, but it would have been nice to import the games from 1 to 2 if we already own 1, using a one time use code. I enjoy creating and customizing my character a lot, I’m glad this is in SC2.

D-Squad3 said:

August 17th, 5:38 pm

Hmm, same day as Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation.

cobrafang said:

August 17th, 5:59 pm

Will the bowling be as good and fun as Wii bowling? Or will it be crap using the Move like in High Velocity Bowling where the Sixaxis is better because that’s what it was designed for. Please make bowling fun like Wii bowling, the PS3 needs it. And can you do DLC that adds new events like baseball.

YungShep said:

August 17th, 6:50 pm

3D U SAY…IM IN! SC1 was alot of fun, i liked adding all those crazy pics to my facebook page after i played a game, lol good times.

also i met u Jeremy last year at the fun fest in austin texas last year, u demoed Medival Moves! cool guy!

Davenport said:

August 17th, 7:20 pm

love playing SC1 with friends and appreciate that we’re getting a sequel. but with that being said…

1) who approved this box art?! completely ridiculous.

2) why do you guys keep mentioning that there is no “3 point” calibration. you act like this is some glorious new feature I should be impressed with when in fact there was nothing wrong with having to calibrate in SC1.

3) so many games today now include some form of online multiplayer. the majority of which is completely unnecessary and pointless. however, SC2 is one game that absolutely should have online play. I’m shocked and disappointed that this feature has not been added.

High-flyer2 said:

August 17th, 8:04 pm

Hey Okay So this game LOOKS AMAZING =D ! Like NO joke! but i have one Question and i know a lot of people will be wondering this…. Will It have SPC1 Games Such as Disc golf in the number 2 disc or as an Addon? Or none at all because i believe it should be a DLC and if you bought the game you get it like half off because i know people don’t wanna switch discs to play Different games on Sports champions :) Sorry for the question can’t wait to play it!

spaceboy21 said:

August 17th, 9:15 pm

Can you give a description of how the tennis will work? After playing SC1 Table Tennis my first thought was how great it would be if someone did for tennis what SC1 did for Table Tennis. The implementation of spins and angles was amazing. I tried the demo of Grand Slam and it didn’t do it for me since it was still basically just gestures. Also, will you use the sub controller for movement or just concentrate on the swings? An option for both modes would be really great.

Second, does the boxing feel like The Fight Lights Out and/or Move Fitness? Coldwood did such a good job with both games I hope the boxing in SC2 holds up as well.

And yes, despite already having both AC games on pre-order I’ll still get this day one – it looks great.

HongoXIII said:

August 17th, 10:16 pm

Will definitely be picking this up.

In the mean time, I will make sure I find time to have a day where I play the original game some more. My arms will be ready to fall of by the time it’ s all said and done.

CAGaHTN said:

August 17th, 11:12 pm

can’t wait to play in 3D. Hope you left disk golf out because yo turned it into a full game!!!

Elvick_ said:

August 17th, 11:35 pm

@20: Because a lot of people hated the calibration in the original game, and this is a sequel so they’re saying what the improvements are… I mean… if someone hated it, then now they know it’s not like that anymore. Not sure why you’re so against them talking about the game’s improvements.

@22: I’d like to know more about Tennis too. Somehow, I doubt that we’ll have free movement with the navi… but it’d be awesome if it were there.

jml_809 said:

August 18th, 7:59 am

How about this, the PS Move needs more hardcore games not a sequel to a Wii Sports clone. However with games like LittleBigPlanet Karting, Socery, and Until dawn having been/being implemented with Move technology with the help from DLC from multiple GOTY winner Portal 2 the motion controller might be having it’s best year this year and might be able to compete with the declining sales of Kinect at it’s own prime in 2010 and 2011.

ItaChu said:

August 18th, 8:21 am

I feel for this game ….. sales are gonna be terrible with all the other October 30th games …..

MarinoBrea said:

August 18th, 8:34 am

Good job, Jeremy

PsychoSploosh69 said:

August 18th, 10:52 am

Can’t wait! This is gonna be awesome! Thanks Jeremy for the update!

joostin said:

August 18th, 11:02 am

I know this is a long shot, but it would be awesome to have an import function for the SC1 events. ie. While playing SC2 if you want to play a game of disc golf you would just goto a SC1 import menu in SC2 similar to the way Rock Band/RB2/RB3 integrate with each other. It asks you to pop in the SC1 disc and off you go without exiting the game and waiting for a new game to boot.

Disc Golf is pretty big here in BC, 10 courses within driving distance of me lol. So needless to say my friends and I play a lot of SC1 disc golf during the offseason ;). Would be a shame if we had to go through an arduous loading process to go from say boxing to bocce to skiing to disc golf and so on.

Still getting this day one but if that was a DLC patch I think a lot of SC1 owners would be very pleased with you guys/gals.

Thanks.

GhostMachine1 said:

August 18th, 3:51 pm

I’m a little disappointed that disc golf isn’t in this version because it was my favorite game in the first SC. Why was it removed from the sequel?

Undrey said:

August 19th, 1:47 am

@31 This game is not meant to be a replacement of the first game.

I love the first one!

XxSTORM_FRONTxX said:

August 20th, 2:43 am

No Disc Golf, if that is true won’t buy this i guess. the market is out there for a big disc golf game to be made.Ccould have real courses, Innova discs, Discraft discs

Randinator-_001 said:

August 20th, 12:00 pm

good, i hope a demo gets available soon :-)

aDarkSavior said:

September 3rd, 4:12 pm

Jeremy,

For Deadmund’s Quest, why wasn’t there 1 vs 1 online gameplay (either that or I couldn’t find it)? That’s what I was most looking forward to when I got the game.

Are the kinks still being worked out for that for your future title? I’m sure that’s something most of us would like to have (as long as it’s smooth gameplay).

NeilAbou said:

September 8th, 4:06 am

Looks interesting. Fan of SC1; control and accuracy of table tennis is great. Disc golf good fun but desperately needs more courses. I haven’t bought any of the existing dlc for SC1 but would definitely buy more courses for the disc golf, it almost seems like the disc golf is a demo compared to the other sports.

Like the new sports for SC2. My only query regards the lack of 3 point calibration – how can the accuracy of the original be maintained without this?