God of War

Sep 06

Sep 06

Killzone Trilogy joins PlayStation Collection on October 23rd

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SIEA

Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).

Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

In addition to Killzone HD, the Trilogy also includes Killzone 2. Act 2 in the series brought an even more ambitious sense of scale, storytelling and action to the franchise. Finally, the breathtaking last installment — Killzone 3 — rounds out the set. It’s an endless cinematic warfare experience in one jam-packed bundle.

Killzone Trilogy on PS3Killzone Trilogy on PS3

Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
  • Steel & Titanium Map Pack
  • Flash & Thunder Map Pack
  • Napalm & Cordite Map Pack
Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
  • Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

Check back often — there will be more news as we march toward launch, and you’ll find it here on PS.Blog.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Elvick_ said:

September 6th, 6:28 am

So, no Move or 3D support for Killzone HD?

Yohmaru_EX said:

September 6th, 6:29 am

Wooooooooooooooooooooow. i can’t believe in my eyes!!!! Killzone HD!!!! THANK YOU SONY!!!!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 6th, 8:55 am

Indeed!

QuantumMercury said:

September 6th, 6:30 am

Will the Killzone 1 HD remake have trophies?

QuantumMercury said:

September 6th, 6:31 am

Ahhhh, nevermind my post, I just saw “along with full Trophy support.”

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 6th, 9:02 am

Wouldn’t be the same without it :)

mtnman3888 said:

September 6th, 6:32 am

Any chance of these titles releasing separately on PSN? Not sure if I want to pick up the whole collection since I’ve already played 2 and 3, thanks.

Torgo said:

September 6th, 6:35 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

IIL0YDII said:

September 6th, 6:37 am

Any comment on this being patched or released with remote play support?

Mikey1123 said:

September 6th, 6:37 am

Killzone 2 opening cinematic is the best in video game history. FACT.

Xer0Signal said:

September 6th, 6:39 am

I’m excited to see KZ HD, as, I never played the original.

Would like to see a PSN release for that one though, since, I already own 2, 3, and all the map packs.

Thanks!

G-Force08 said:

September 6th, 6:39 am

Will Killzone HD be available as a separate PSN download or something? I already have KZ 2 and 3, so I would only be interested in getting KZ HD.

Either way, this is awesome that another great collection is coming out. Keep it up SCEA!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 6th, 9:03 am

Yes, KZ HD will be available as a stand alone PSN download. More info to come

truongtantai said:

September 6th, 6:40 am

3 dics in one box or 2 dics for Killzone 2,3 and voucher for 1 ?

Midrashim said:

September 6th, 6:41 am

WOW, this is a great collection. But since I already own KZ2 and KZ3, I want a stand alone copy of the original Killzone at PSN to download. Just one question: Does the controls of KZ and KZ2 remain the same? KZ3 controls are perfect and very different from his brethren’s controls. Regards.

binaryghost said:

September 6th, 6:45 am

But will it have Remote Play support? Show us Vita owners some love Sony!

SirTrigalot said:

September 6th, 6:47 am

I hope these are separated and sold on PSN as well since I already own KZ2, KZ3 and KZ3 MP.

Enforcer_X said:

September 6th, 6:48 am

This ROCKS Sony!
Thank you! Can’t wait to play Killzone 1 in HD!

deltakong said:

September 6th, 6:54 am

Will you also throw in a download code for killzone 3 multiplayer so we all can get 4 platinums?

KentBlake said:

September 6th, 6:58 am

I really hope the first game gets released separately on PSN. I think most people already have 2 & 3, and will only buy the first one. At least that’s my case.

Motherboop said:

September 6th, 7:00 am

Missed all three of these games. Excited to see Killzone 1 coming with full trophy support! This will make a great Xmas present.

vanwinkle said:

September 6th, 7:07 am

Wow, great deal. Will the framerate be fixed in the first game? I want to be able to play an enjoyably playable version!

FORMIK said:

September 6th, 7:08 am

This is a great deal! I remember making the tough decisions to go with Resistance over Killzone (Resistance won over because of the alternate history), so I am glad to not only see the latter two but also the original.
I think it’s time to play some Killzone from my PSP on my Vita!

D-Squad3 said:

September 6th, 7:08 am

This is why Killzone never released on PSN. Hmm I already have KZ2 and KZ3 but I really want KZ1 in HD with trophies! Decisions decisions.

Richard919 said:

September 6th, 7:10 am

AWESOME ! Will Killzone 1 be sold Seperately? I own all 3 of these but would definitely love to go back thru the hd version of K1!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 6th, 9:05 am

Yes it will. More info to come on that shortly

BloodiedWraith said:

September 6th, 7:10 am

They just announced on Twitter that Killzone HD will be released separately, which is awesome since I already own 2 and 3.

snakeeyes211 said:

September 6th, 7:12 am

I have never played Killzone one so I guess I’m going to give my cousin Killzone two and three and end up getting the trilogy pack. I love these collections as I got the god of war Saga ratchet and clank collection and the infamous collection. By the way I just want to make you guys aware that in the back of a package of the god of war Saga it says that God of war three supports 3-D which it doesn’t so it’s false advertising I forgive you but some other consumers might not:-/

actio1_618 said:

September 6th, 7:13 am

johnnyp70 said:

September 6th, 7:15 am

The covers of these collections are almost worth the price of admission themselves. They are truly beautiful. Well done. Maybe some third parties could get in on the fun?

YouFromTheFuture said:

September 6th, 7:16 am

@11 I’m pretty sure it’s going to be 2 disc and the voucher (for kzHD).
@Sony It would go over really well if you were to make Killzone HD available as a separate purchase; $15 (or $10 :D) for plus users, and $20 for everyone else.

DrZombie said:

September 6th, 7:18 am

Hi There it’s possible to get just Killzone HD, I had already the 2 and 3???Thanks Happy to see that great game back!!!

soundandvision77 said:

September 6th, 7:22 am

Awesome news. Finally we can see Killzone 1 in HD. I’m sure it will be pretty clunky after KZ2 and 3, but it will be great to try it out. And trophies too!

FerPSX said:

September 6th, 7:25 am

I already own KZ2 and KZ3, I just want Killzone HD!! (please $10 for PS Plus)

TwinDad said:

September 6th, 7:31 am

I like the collections, keep them coming. Not a fan of killzone, however many are.

xFuzylilManPeach said:

September 6th, 7:33 am

@#1, uhmmmm look at the box for the game, it CLEARLY says there’s 3D and Move support…

and @#3, yesssss…. says right there in the article…

MrSoloLobo said:

September 6th, 7:33 am

YES! I’ve only played 3 and I loved it so much I platinumed it :). Now I can play 1 and 2 at a cheap price.

Attababyitzaboy said:

September 6th, 7:37 am

Is the multiplayer going to be specific to each game or will it be one multiplayer that includes ALL the map packs?

KazeEternal said:

September 6th, 7:45 am

@Ken Chan
1) Is the DLC on disc or Download? (On disc may make it worth buying the other two games over again)
2) Is any of this content downloaded? (If KZ HD is a download I may just skip the cool box)
3) How Many discs in this box?
4) When can we expect details on the standalone copy of KZ HD?
5) How much polish can we expect for KZ HD?
6) Thank you for giving us the HD release and pulling out of the PS2 Classic before anyone purchased it.

C-0719 said:

September 6th, 7:49 am

will Killzone HD be aviable for a digtal download? i already own Killzone 2 and 3 and its dlc so i wouldnt want to spend 40bucks on stuff i already own.

Apeman24 said:

September 6th, 7:49 am

good luck getting the killzone2 platinum. It relies to heavily on multiplayer. I am guessing 1 will be available on psn?

Apeman24 said:

September 6th, 7:50 am

Oh and I think 3 is the best one.

dh4645 said:

September 6th, 7:50 am

bought killzone years ago to replay it, but never got around to it.

will there be a way just to download killzone HD???

i already have 100% of trophies in KZ2 & KZ3…unless those trophies will be different from the originals.

Draco416 said:

September 6th, 7:51 am

Question: I already have a platinum for KZ3. Will I have to get it again or will it recognize my other KZ3?

nOObSLAYER said:

September 6th, 7:51 am

@# 1 – I’d much rather have a PsMove/Navigator/Sharpshooter enable patch for KILLZONE 2. Anywho @ Mr. Chan, will only KZ3 support Move Support?

U-N000 said:

September 6th, 7:52 am

Hey ken a quick question, Do you guys look at the blog share Hd collection polls when thinking about making these collections? Just wondering, since there is a big collection that people really want.

YouFromTheFuture said:

September 6th, 7:54 am

@Sony From now on, can you add move support to all the games in the trilogy. For instance, Killzone 3 supports move; it would be sweet if killzone 2 and HD supported move as well. Although it may be too late for killzone, I hope this can be applied to the rest of the collections; namely Uncharted …

Speaking of Move and Uncharted: in addition to move based shooting, it would be awesome if (ala golden abyss) you could use the move to paint the path you wish to climb etc…

dh4645 said:

September 6th, 7:55 am

@37 KZ2 plat wasn’t extremely hard, it just took a lot of hours to get that top 1% trophy.

my proudest plat!

snakeeyes211 said:

September 6th, 7:56 am

Can you guys add the ratchet and clank future. trilogy to the collection and add trophy support for all games pretty please:-)

Schumi_77 said:

September 6th, 7:57 am

So, no MOVE support for KZ2 … too bad, not for me u__u

cwlykh said:

September 6th, 8:04 am

the best news ever!!!!

dh4645 said:

September 6th, 8:12 am

@47 well maybe not EVER, but it’s still pretty good. hah

KazeEternal said:

September 6th, 8:19 am

@44 dh4645

It is actually harder than you think to get the KZ2 platinum. That 1% is difficult to get into and requires religious monitoring of the positions. Your stats may take into account time, but when you get players like Killionaire or myself on there it becomes much harder for an average player to build up a good set of ratios to move up the polls. When I got my platinum a friend of mine and myself spent a week trying to get into the top 1% together. I managed to get into the top percentile and only needed to put 2 to 3 hours in a day and most of sunday to stay in that top percentage. My friend who played more than I did and still couldn’t get into that top 1% until that sunday rolled around and he just barely got in. I’ve known a few people who have given up at this point.

KZ2 between its final battle on the hardest difficulty and the multiplayer trophy is probably the hardest PSN Platinum to get that isn’t built purely on actual goals that involve skill and not pure mindless grinding *glares at fighting games absurd number of matches to play and Resistance 2*.

NHDrumline17 said:

September 6th, 8:20 am

Will this be available digitally as well on the PSN like the other collections?

PAGE 1 2 3 4