Spider-Man PS4

Sep 11

Sep 11

Online Game Save Storage Increase Coming with PS3 System Software Update (v4.25)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

At this year’s Gamescom press conference, we announced that Online Game Save Storage will be upgraded to 1GB for PlayStation Plus members, and I’m happy to report that the increase will be available soon with PS3 system software update (v4.25)!

PlayStation Plus

To sign up for PlayStation Plus, go to PlayStation Store on your PS3, or click here.

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every compatible game you play and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for the latest info on future updates.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

Jesszman said:

September 11th, 10:04 am

Will this be available today?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 12:01 pm

This should be available later tonight.

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 7:09 pm

To confirm; the update is now live. Update time!

StealthReborn-- said:

September 11th, 10:04 am

Thanks Eric.

You and the teams work is greatly appreciated! =)

aro52 said:

September 11th, 10:04 am

Finally! This is now a usable [awesome] feature!

PRIMUS_420 said:

September 11th, 10:04 am

Cool beans

Phillip_J_Fry said:

September 11th, 10:05 am

Huzzah! I can start using the Cloud Storage again =)

Daniel_R_C said:

September 11th, 10:05 am

Update the store already

AriesWarlock said:

September 11th, 10:06 am

This is great news. I have a question: if my subscription runs out, for how long will saved data be stored in the cloud?

Knight613 said:

September 11th, 10:06 am

Any chance you can add an option in the Message Box to mark all items as read? It’s kind of annoying to go through messages twice since the PS3 and Vita don’t sync messages with each other.

skepsipol said:

September 11th, 10:06 am

Thank you for the HUGE increase! Very much appreciated.

zingakun said:

September 11th, 10:07 am

One question. I’m no longer a PS+ subscriber, but I plan to come back when I see some good games coming to the Instant Game Collection.

My question is, when I come back, will my previous game save data still be there? Or do I lose everything when my subscription expires?

Thank you!

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 12:02 pm

Yep, they should be waiting for you when you return to Plus.

JTLB925 said:

September 11th, 10:07 am

I’m glad to hear this. I’m pushing the limit of my online storage.

Deekman said:

September 11th, 10:08 am

Is it possible to upload PS1 game saves to the cloud for quick transfer between Vita and PS3?

Sevyne said:

September 11th, 10:11 am

@zingakun: I believe this question has been answered before, but it’s easy to miss in the midst of comment spam. Anyway, I’m pretty sure the save data stays, but you are locked out of them until you renew.

KwietStorm said:

September 11th, 10:11 am

Thanks. Now can we get some basic features like sign in invisible and a categorized download history list?

Undrey said:

September 11th, 10:11 am

Definitely gonna use this on my other account.
Any chance there’s a new remote play update for an HD collection or any game?

Phoenix8387 said:

September 11th, 10:11 am

This has been severly needed, and in fact, still seems too little to me. I’ve been VERY selective as to what I’ve been uploading, and made the decision that I was only uploading copy protected saves. I’ve been forced to copy all saves off of my HDD manually and back them up elsewhere, in my case a dropbox folder. This will certainly help with not having to be selective, but it would also be nice if we could select alternate sources to store our [non copy protected] saves.

SephTiger said:

September 11th, 10:12 am

So… can non-PS+ members get 150MB free?

Mooby923 said:

September 11th, 10:12 am

Awesome thanks guys

MrBeatdown said:

September 11th, 10:13 am

Awesome! Now that 50MB Smackdown Vs Raw ’11 save that’s been failing to upload for months will finally fit.

Thanks Sony… this one was pretty high on my wishlist.

snakeeyes211 said:

September 11th, 10:13 am

This is great news so hopefully you could tell us when it’s coming out? Today? next week? next month?

zingakun said:

September 11th, 10:14 am

Tks @Sevyne! :)

It’s really difficult to search for answers like that here in the forum.

kittcoldfire said:

September 11th, 10:14 am

can you PLEASE make it possible to download a save more than once a day. Games like darksiders 2 where you can online save online are SO annoying when I upload my save and then have to wait a full DAY before downloading it again on my 2nd ps3 in another room or something like that, it should be unlimited like it used to be when PSPlus first started.

Enforcer_X said:

September 11th, 10:15 am

Soon when?
Soon like today, soon like tomorrow?
Soon like Machinarium for PS3 showing for release in Fall 2011?

At any rate, thank you for the bump in space we all desperately needed it!

SirTrigalot said:

September 11th, 10:17 am

YES! Now I can send everything to the cloud minus the 362mb Afrika save

PilotoBR said:

September 11th, 10:18 am

Where is x-chat? Even PSVita has it!! Why don’t you guys make it happen? It must be so simple!!

MEXRPG said:

September 11th, 10:20 am

Will I be able to upload my PS VIta Game saves as well? If so, this is even better news!

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 12:03 pm

PS Vita game saves can’t be uploaded to the service at this time.

Battlepope190 said:

September 11th, 10:20 am

Sweet, I’ll definitely be using online storage now.

ASC2175 said:

September 11th, 10:20 am

Ooooooooh, more savey spacey things…..

Ryumoau said:

September 11th, 10:20 am

Finally! Its sad that this is the best news i’ve seen for PS Plus since they initial 12 free games back during E3.

remanutd5 said:

September 11th, 10:23 am

so next is gonna be psvita plus support right?

lisatsunami said:

September 11th, 10:23 am

Great news, & very generous, thanks! This is probably the best perk for Plus membership, for me anyway. Many game saves can only be saved via the cloud. I use this for Dark Souls, as it allows me to workaround the game’s strict one save only, automatic saving policy. By using the cloud I can return to an earlier save if I don’t like what just happened. I just wish there wasn’t a 24 hour wait restriction.

KazeEternal said:

September 11th, 10:24 am

Oh good I was about to hit cap.

TY!

SirTrigalot said:

September 11th, 10:26 am

@PilotoBR are you really still asking this question? They already said no and the Vita has it because it was designed to support it from the beginning unlike the PS3.

Whitefire78 said:

September 11th, 10:26 am

@PilotoBR This was announced, maybe about a year ago, That the PS3 could not handle Cross Game Chat. Drop it, it is dead. And no it is certainly not easy to code and make.

Skrawney said:

September 11th, 10:29 am

Hold on, you have to wait 24hrs to re-download a save for a service you pay for?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 12:04 pm

Some games utilize a form of save protection that does put a time restrain on when you can download a save that was uploaded to online storage. It’s fairly rare though.

CrusaderForever said:

September 11th, 10:29 am

This is fantastic news! I have used the saved game restore utility a couple of times now. It has saved me!! Especially for glitchy games were saved games get corrupted!

QuickBrittle said:

September 11th, 10:31 am

I truly truly despise that this feature is only available to PS+ subscribers. I own 2 legitimate PS3 consoles and the fact that I can’t move my save game data back and forth at will is incredibly frustrating.

Sofaires said:

September 11th, 10:31 am

great i have only 25MB left this will be a welcome addition, i have to renew my subscription this week XD

Sofaires said:

September 11th, 10:37 am

@Skrawney im not sure cause a few weeks ago i uploaded all of my saves because i was going to upgrade the hard drive and i didnt want to wait for the backup so i uploaded the saves and changed the hard drive then i installed the firmware and immediately i started downloading the saves without problems, i have read that this 24 hour period its indeed true but why i was able to download them in less than an hour, i dont know….

@QuickBrittle i think that now that they have increased the space for + users they should give 50MB free for non + users but then again if they dont do it, it still not unfair since we dont have to pay anything for online play while xbox have to, is one of the perks of ps+ after all

Binkser said:

September 11th, 10:38 am

@quickbrittle, you absolutely can transfer with a jump drive. I used to do that all the time before I got plus.

Really looking forward to Vita Plus

QuickBrittle said:

September 11th, 10:41 am

@Binkser No you can’t. They removed that feature. I used to do it all the time as well.

Spazgadget said:

September 11th, 10:42 am

Very much appreciated. I’ve been filling my 150MB of space regularly, even with being selective about what I save. Thanks for the extra space! Loving PS+!!

SirTrigalot said:

September 11th, 10:42 am

@Skrawney copy protected saves are the only ones that require 24 hour wait before downloading again.

Binkser said:

September 11th, 10:43 am

@skrawney no, the only games that make you wait the 24 hours are the games that don’t even allow you to transfer your save files to a jump drive. Only 2 games that I own have had this issue, “You Don’t Know Jack” and “Alice Madness Returns” so honestly anything of good quality doesn’t make you wait out the day.

PRIMUS_420 said:

September 11th, 10:45 am

Well Im going to go make a sandwich

Genexi2 said:

September 11th, 10:47 am

By any chance will this include a means of easily selecting all copy-protected saves for the purpose of backing them up to the Cloud Storage? The Copy-Multiple function introduced on the last mandatory firmware update only applies to normal saves, and it’s annoying having to go through a list of 500 saves just to pick out the ones individually to upload.

Skrawney said:

September 11th, 10:48 am

Oh ok, still seems kinda lame you have to wait but if it is only copy protected saves then meh.

AutomaticOcelot said:

September 11th, 10:50 am

Cool and needed feature. Though I’m wondering when we’ll get a Vita sort folder in the games column. After downloading a bunch of Zen Pinball 2 stuff it’s looking kinda cluttered.

saab01 said:

September 11th, 10:56 am

Hopefully when you say coming soon you mean tonight.

I hope things on the xmb also get fixed in this update or soon.

Faster loading of comparison of trophy with friends
Faster loading of trophy collection
Faster loading of profile
A Internet browser that actually works
Instant synching trophys

Tredogg14TK said:

September 11th, 10:59 am

Might consider getting ps plus now

Eric Lempel's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

September 11th, 12:05 pm

Free games with your membership, discounts and early access to games, betas, etc; plus the online storage and automatic updates make Plus an awesome value. Highly recommend; but then again, I’m biased ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 5