Overwatch

Sep 13

Sep 13

PlayStation Blogcast 042: Dishonoring Borderlands 2

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

Next week’s release of Borderlands 2 is weighing awfully heavily on our minds! In today’s very special interview, we invite Gearbox Software Creative Director Paul Hellquist to answer a battery of questions from Jeff, myself, and you. We touch on just about everything: the game’s vastly enhanced variety, co-op improvements, weapon manufacturers, questing, level caps, DLC, and much more. If you’re dying for next Tuesday, this is one interview you won’t want to miss.

Then we shift gears to another one of fall 2012’s hottest releases with Dishonored in our new interview with Arkane Studios Co-Director Raf Colantonio. Mr. Colantonio provides copious insight into the creative process behind this thinking-man’s FPS, whether it’s the importance of allowing players to choose between lethal and nonlethal tactics or how the game’s macabre atmosphere infests every square inch of its dark, dank world.

Of course, we also share next week’s upcoming North American PSN release lineup, answer a boatload of Player Queries™, and serve up another Mystery Theme stumper. Good stuff, I swear! Now click that succulent-looking play button up above.

Stuff We Talked About

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Jeff Rubenstein

The Cast

Add Your Own

StealthReborn-- said:

September 13th, 3:54 pm

Perhaps an interview with CCP regarding Dust 514 is in the near future?

That would be great! =)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

September 13th, 8:01 pm

You’re right! It’s time.

mauaus said:

September 13th, 4:12 pm

Meh, another week and nothing for vita, wheres our content SCEA??

Jesszman said:

September 13th, 4:16 pm

Will Borderlands 2 on PSN include the pre-order bonus key?

jhernandez360 said:

September 13th, 4:27 pm

Is there a MP3 download of that intro lol…

mainkster said:

September 13th, 4:28 pm

hope you asked him why the first one had hacked shields and weapons

naDOOFUS said:

September 13th, 4:30 pm

May I please have a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale beta code

Kchow23 said:

September 13th, 4:32 pm

Does Borderlands 2 come with the Premiere Club if I buy it on PSN? and any ETA for full PSP game support for PS Vita? It seems that you guys are shifting focus to PS1 when PSP isn’t even done.

Elvick_ said:

September 13th, 4:37 pm

Get someone to make Borderlands 2 happen on PS Vita.

Elvick_ said:

September 13th, 4:37 pm

Oh and Wild Arms PS2 games on PSN. Xseed said it was up to you guys, so do it.

MakoSOLIDER said:

September 13th, 4:56 pm

Gearbox sounds like they really want to get a developer to make B2 for Vita. Make it happen SONY!

Giga_Gaia said:

September 13th, 5:20 pm

So this mean no Premium club with the digital purchase of Borderlands 2?

alx681 said:

September 13th, 5:21 pm

can’t wait for borderlands 2. 4 days to go, woo hoo. have really become a big fan of randy pitchford, and gearbox. great studio. by the way jeff and sid, i saw you guys walking down 53 street/lexington on tuesday. wanted to come say hi but was in a major rush. so Hi. : )

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

September 13th, 8:06 pm

Really?!?!

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 13th, 7:08 pm

@8 I agree, I would love to see Borderlands make it to the Vita.

@The Blogcast crew: On another note, did you guys actually get “Player Queries” trademarked? If so that’s pretty awesome, and Sid should definitely do the same with “farm-fresh” (at least relating to gaming) and “cinnamontography” .

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

September 13th, 8:03 pm

I wish!

Cjx324 said:

September 13th, 7:12 pm

“We were in NY for some meetings….”

Yeah right, you were watching the wii-u conference that I have been watching….

Raiders-34 said:

September 13th, 7:24 pm

The PS Store from Europe has Borderlands available for Pre Order right now, and it DOES INCLUDE the Premier Club. Are we getting it also?

FourLetterWord- said:

September 13th, 7:57 pm

@Jeff/Sid

When you play borderlands co-op do you play split screen or online?
Just curious because i’ve only played split screen with my friend and was wondering if online is a different experience.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

September 13th, 8:04 pm

In general, Borderlands works very well in splitscreen. But it’s limited to two players, instead of four if you play online.

Astro411 said:

September 13th, 8:26 pm

@ Sid
The EU store has other pre-orders like Assassin’s Creed III and LlittleBigPlanet Karting, it might be difficult to get all offers from third party devs on the PSN but at least consider first party titles just so some of us don’t miss out on these deals.

Wish you all the best and keep up the great work you guys are doing with the Blogcast and the Blog.

Richard919 said:

September 13th, 9:34 pm

ugh can next tuesday be here already please? Borderlands 2 i cant wait! it comes out the day before my birthday, what better gift to myself?? haha anyways great show once again

alx681 said:

September 13th, 9:35 pm

yeah really it was around 6pm. i was heading for work (at the four seasons restaurant) 52 between lex and park. you were on the other side of the street. i was really late for work so couldn’t stop.

Kchow23 said:

September 13th, 11:55 pm

That’s a bit of a shame that it won’t come with the Premiere Club DLC. All in all a great episode, will you guys be covering TGS?

Kchow23 said:

September 13th, 11:56 pm

Also, please fix the Storage counter for the PS Plus Cloud saves… 1024/1024mb instead of 0/1024mb is rather odd.

frylock25 said:

September 14th, 5:27 am

@Kchow23

Free space is shown by available space / total space. If they showed it that way it would mean you have no space. It is the standard way of showing free space in hard drives.

Keep up the great work guys. Love the show.

Nithorias said:

September 14th, 6:05 am

Question 1. Are we going to have the privilege like Europe to pre-order Borderlands 2, receive the DLC class and pre-download the game so we can play on the 18th instead of wasting the whole day downloading it or are we screw once again?

Question 2. How much space does Borderlands 2 requires, in case we have to waste the whole day downloading it? lol

Ps. I hope someone can answer me and thanks… btw can’t to play Borderlands 2! :)

MrBendel said:

September 14th, 7:01 am

yay – Rallycross for ps vita ps1 store! Although the last game ps1 game I bought (XS Junior Dodgeball) has broken controls :(

Bad QA I guess :/ Hopefully Rallycross will work – that game looks like fun

Ryumoau said:

September 14th, 7:56 am

god, what is the deal with Sony screwing over their NA customers. First the lame PS Plus game selections compared to Europe, then not giving us 25% discount on rejoining, and not we don’t even get a preorder option for the Digital release of Borderlands 2.
Their decision making is just becoming so stupid its frustrating to even think about. >_<

Ryumoau said:

September 14th, 7:57 am

I guarantee the game will still be $60 even without any of the bonuses of preordering retail copy. :/

SETGANG-SIX said:

September 14th, 8:03 am

Where Is SOCOM HD?!? And my trophy sync is incredibly slow after the last update.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

September 14th, 9:19 am

@Elvick_ Are the PS2 Wild Arms actually any good? I really liked Wild Arms 2. I’d like to see them make a new one for Vita.

krae_man said:

September 14th, 10:04 am

Any chance you guys can get SCEC to respond to the critcisms of the 3G Vita Bundle in the blog post? Or are they going to continue hiding until it’s time to announce the holiday preview event?

DrApollo said:

September 14th, 11:00 am

How come no pre-order for Borderlands 2 on the psn in America?

Teflon02 said:

September 14th, 2:24 pm

Hey Sid can yu do me a favor and send a request for Persona 4 Golden Avatars.

Teflon02 said:

September 14th, 2:26 pm

Oh sorry and when can we choose our premium avatars through the vita? That shouldn’t be a problem to have by now, unless it was added and I just don’t know how lol

Kchow23 said:

September 14th, 4:29 pm

@22 I think that you are getting me confused… if you delete all of your cloud saves then the cloud save storage will display 1024/1024 mb. It SHOULD BE be 0/1024 mb because you have no saves and therefore its empty.

Kchow23 said:

September 14th, 4:34 pm

Given that the way that I worded it was bad, but yea it currently displays 1024/1024 mb (with no saves) instead of the standard 0/1024 mb.

Elvick_ said:

September 14th, 4:57 pm

@28 I have only played 3 so far, but it is great. Haven’t started 4 or 5 yet. Can’t afford the remake of the original. D:

Bosrel said:

September 14th, 9:05 pm

Anyway we could get the PSOne Classic Diablo? I would love to play this on my Vita.

geedawg14 said:

September 14th, 10:08 pm

I have a question about split-screen co-op. My friend and I are planning to go through the game together from start to finish. He doesn’t have a psn account or a ps3 for that matter. How will it work for making sure both our characters save onto my profile? Thanks for your help!

NinjaNabs said:

September 15th, 11:49 pm

Talk about Black ops 2 in the next podcast.

CollaredCougar said:

September 17th, 9:12 am

Another 3D game not mentioned in the blogcast I’d recommend is Zen Pinball 2. All the boards are 3D capable and look fantastic.

Arjmand said: