PlayStation VR

Sep 24

Sep 24

Sack it to Me: It’s Time to Launch!

Steven Isbell's Avatar Posted by LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launches

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is now hitting store shelves across the globe and everyone has begun playing through Sackboy’s new adventure in Carnivalia, creating some brand new games on their moon and some have even begun to publish their own brand new portable games for the community to play!

The LittleBigPlanet PS Vita community is already filling up with loads of amazing user-created games and levels, so be sure to get online and check out just what the community has to offer.

And how exactly would you go about finding all those great levels? Well, we have just the thing for you…

LBP.me PS Vita

That’s right! LBP.me has expanded to include a separate section for all of those levels that are being published in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita!

Sack it to Me: LBP.me Vita

So now just as you can do with LittleBigPlanet 2, you can now keep up-to-date with all of your favorite creator’s new levels and queue them up for the next time that you play LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Mm Picks

If you have yet to get your copy of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, we have a whole bunch of new Mm Picks on LittleBigPlanet 2 to whet your appetite.

A card game, a musically crushing survival challenge, a tilted platformer and perhaps the best Bomb Survival Challenge ever are all waiting for you to play in LittleBigPlanet 2.

Sack it to Me: Bomb Survival Reloaded

Bomb Survival Reloaded! by Holguin86

Sack it to Me: Sevens (Playing Cards)

7ならべ Sevens (Playing Cards) by tksksmz2

Sack it to Me: Robot Rock

Robot Rock by TheNotorious-187

Sack it to Me: TiltWorks

TiltWorks by deurklink1

Grab Your Spacesuit for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launch Celebrations on Twitter!

Coming tomorrow will be the ever-popular Launch Spacesuit to celebrate the official release of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita! This costume will only be available for one week! So make sure to head to the Store tomorrow and snap it up right away!

Sack it to Me: Spacesuit

Be sure to follow @LittleBigPlanet on Twitter and at the end of this week, we’ll tell you just how you can get involved with celebrating the launch. We may even have some of our rather fashionable LittleBigPlanet Caps to hand out at the end of the week, so stay tuned!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

JimmyHACK said:

September 24th, 7:03 am

YAY! Steven, can you confirm if my save from the US retail version will work with Digital version. Prefer digital versions, but since Gamestop let it slip I had to jump on that too. 2 sales for you guys though :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

September 24th, 7:52 am

Provided that you keep within the same region, your save file should be compatible across the physical and digital copies of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. :)

JimmyHACK said:

September 24th, 7:04 am

Also everyone, remember the launch T-Shirt!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

September 24th, 7:52 am

Oh yes! Don’t forget!
    It’s only here for one week and then it will be gone for good!

Seruh_ said:

September 24th, 7:07 am

Yes the space suit is back :D !!!!!
I never catch it

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

September 24th, 7:43 am

Well, you will have two chances to catch it this year!
    Starting tomorrow, it will be available in North America for one week!

If you manage to miss it somehow though, we’re going to be extra-nice this year and give everyone a second opportunity to pick the Launch Spacesuit up in November, when LittleBigPlanet Karting is released! :)

su43berkut17 said:

September 24th, 7:12 am

and yet we digital users are waiting for the launch tomorrow… who knows if it the update will be live in the morning or probably at night as you’ve been doing it lately… and to think i bought the expensive 32gb memory card because I wanted to support digital goods 100%….

Maurice793 said:

September 24th, 7:18 am

su43berkut17 same here waiting for psn to update

ASC2175 said:

September 24th, 7:34 am

I was hoping for a list of costumes that are planned to be released tomorrow…so are we gonna get a list of those ton of costumes that are being released tomorrow or….are you planning on surprising us tomorrow?

whoers said:

September 24th, 7:41 am

The game is everything I wanted it to be.
it definitely blew my expectations out of the water.
A few questions though, how does one acquire the rare T shirt?
and since the LBP2 costumes are cross compatible will they be available in game store?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

September 24th, 7:45 am

The Rare LittleBigPlanet PS Vita T-Shirt will be available in the Store from tomorrow for one week only!
    So be sure to pick it up before you miss out!

The original LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Costume DLC will be available from within the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita game in-store. We’re still in the process of getting everything uploaded though, so you’ll see the content being released in small batches over the coming months.

Once we have the full details of when specific content will be available, we’ll be sure to get them posted up for everybody! :)

Bcrazyman said:

September 24th, 7:46 am

hey this is very great and love the pictures!
you guys did it again! really awsomne! cant wait to download this game!
i meant awsome!
anyways this is a another great game for the vita!
will this game part of the collection of games?
need to know or i gotta wait?
any ways love the game on ps3 and cant wait to try it on vita!
look awsome! will it work with part1&2 off ps3? need to know ok!
it would be awsome!
need to know ASAP! THANKS!
great work on the game, cant wait to try it out! thanksagain!

SimulatedDave said:

September 24th, 7:48 am

Is the game going to get another patch? I’ve published two levels already and I’m still expecting two trophies. I am nowhere near trying to deter people from purchasing LBP, I extremely love this game!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

Steven Isbell said:

September 24th, 7:54 am

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita will receive as much continued support as LittleBigPlanet 2 does, which is still receiving regular updates itself!

So you will be seeing plenty of game updates for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita! :)

Bcrazyman said:

September 24th, 8:02 am

hey will this game be free for us ps+ members?
need to know thanks!
or maybe in the coming months?
will there be a vita bundle?
littlebig planet vita bundle? please
it would be awsome bundle for the holiday!
it would really awsome! need to know it if is gonna happen ok!
MY IDEA! WILL IT HAPPEN?
NEED TO KNOW THANKS!

SimulatedDave said:

September 24th, 8:02 am

On last question! To clarify, we shouldn’t expect previously purchased dlc tomorrow, but in “batches over the coming months?”

Benmo316 said:

September 24th, 8:03 am

Why are us gamers who download our Vita games digitally getting left out? It’s disheartening.

macy113 said:

September 24th, 8:07 am

Cant wait to pick up the game tomorrow but I got a birthday today so better not waste that!

CatatonicAlex said:

September 24th, 8:13 am

I demand more DLC levels and materials as well!

Bcrazyman said:

September 24th, 8:14 am

hey will there be a LITTLE BIG PLANET VITA BUNDLE?
MY IDEA LET ME KNOW OK!
HOLIDAY LITTLE BIG PLANET VITA BUNDLE!
LET ME ASAP! THANKS!

jhernandez360 said:

September 24th, 8:16 am

Does anyone know how to decorate the pod? because I cannot figure it out!

Nick930930 said:

September 24th, 8:22 am

Can we have info describing the Beta Vest situation?

USA Beta testers did NOT recieve their beta participation gifts like UK Beta testers.

Bcrazyman said:

September 24th, 8:26 am

hey steven will there be a littlebigplanet vita bundle?
need to know ok because there are other vita bundles out there ok!
thanks need to know if one is coming out ok! my idea!

violent23 said:

September 24th, 8:45 am

SCEA’s own Chris Norden stated on Oct. 13 2011 that all PS Vita games released at retail will also be available as downloads on the PlayStation Network on the same release date.

Let me state that again.

ALL PS VITA GAMES RELEASED AT RETAIL WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AS DOWNLOADS ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK ON THE SAME RELEASE DATE.

SAME RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since SCEA decided to officially announce LBP’s release today, please tell me where LBP can be found on the Vita store Grace Chen? Or is this just more proof of your teams constant lies? How is it that anyone at SCEA still have a job?

Where are the rest of my PSP games that I own and still can not play on my Vita?
Where are the rest of my PS1 games that I own and still can not play on my Vita?
Where is the function to use my Vita as a controller for my PS3 games?
Where is remote play for all PS3 games?
Where is Wake Up Club?

What pre release promise has SCEA not failed at?

SimulatedDave said:

September 24th, 8:53 am

@violent23 A few valid arguments, but the official LBP PS Bita release date is 9/25. P.S. I like The Breakfast Club more than the Wake Up Club, I don’t wanna see that my Vita neighbor wakes up at 11:55am just to watch Greg Miller. Jk keep fighting Greggy!

jklineup said:

September 24th, 8:54 am

How much is the size of the game for download it on PS Store?

csmar6x said:

September 24th, 8:55 am

Dumb question, is this a tee shirt you can wear and if so where do we get it….thanks in advance

Undrey said:

September 24th, 8:56 am

Shut up violent23.

Just wondering, are LBP1&2 levels playable on the Vita one?

ten3ightyHD said:

September 24th, 9:00 am

Any word on the Cross Controller DLC?

violent23 said:

September 24th, 9:08 am

@SimulatedDave

If the release date is the 25th, then why is SCEA announcing the launch today? The post states that the game is in stores already. That means it’s released. Which in turn means that it is not a day and date release. Making SCEA liers.

IcarusTheRanger said:

September 24th, 9:29 am

I’d love to buy that outfit, too bad the in game store isn’t working for me. But hey at least I got the Bioshock outfits for preordering. Oh wait, no I didn’t because the in game store isn’t working.

ASC2175 said:

September 24th, 9:34 am

@26 ….there is another place you can enter the code……Playstation Store. Works for me, works for everyone. DO EET NAOW!

CatatonicAlex said:

September 24th, 9:46 am

@ UndreyL
PS3 PS1/PS2 LittleBigPlanet1/2 levels are NOT and most like NEVER will be compatible with the PS Vita version.
Unlike Modnation Racers PS3/Vita, LBP Vita and LBP 1/2 do not have many similar resource; Aside from the common crafting materials all versions have unique items/materials/effects/etc.
PS3 levels can also have more objects on display without losing several FPS.
*Compare the “burn” effects of the two version.
So if you want to play some PS3 levels you’d have to recreate them on the Vita.

Something else to add…
While Modnation Racers Vita allows the use of PS3 tracks the PS3 cannot run Vita tracks because of the many editing/creation changes that are acceptable in the Vita version that are not possible in the PS3 version.

su43berkut17 said:

September 24th, 10:18 am

it is very unfortunate that digital users are being treated as 2nd class, specially since we bought the costly memory cards… and yet no answer from the admins here, yeah, they choose to ignore us

TurismoM3 said:

September 24th, 10:19 am

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is really awesome, you guys did a great job. I’m enjoying it very much. I can’t wait to import all my LBP1 & LBP2 costumes I’ve purchased over the years. Cross Buy is such an awesome idea.

CaptainRadical said:

September 24th, 10:46 am

Little Big Planet Vita has been available in stores for 10 days, and won’t be up on the store probably until tomorrow NIGHT. So not only are those of us who prefer digital games being given the finger 11 days after release. But we will have to wait until someone at Sony decides to flip a switch and give us the content we want. So should I expect the store to update sometime around 9PM?
And not only that, but still myself and everyone else in this community who have voiced concerns over this issue and the absurd over pricing of PSN games are being ignored. Little Big Planet was available in store at my local Best Buy for 30$ I know, I bought one. First Party Sony games on Vita have all dropped to 20$ at every store I have been in except for the Playstation Store. You’d think Sony would actually have the common sense to match prices in their own store.
At this point, I can’t begin to explain how disappointed I am in the service Sony provides. They seem to do nothing but lie and rip off their customers at this point.
Going forward I will reluctantly continue to spend money on my Vita because I have invested too much in it. But I will make damn sure that every person that comes in to my store knows how terrible Sony really is.

IVIaster220 said:

September 24th, 10:49 am

Little Big Planet truly has the best community and the best community support. Looks like I’m going to need some psn cards for some dlc!

polo155 said:

September 24th, 10:55 am

EVERYONE CRYING ABOUT PREORDERS FOR DIGITAL GETTING SHAFTED…

Sony DID NOT SHAFT OR LIE OR NOTHING IDIOTS GAMESTOP BROKE THE STREET RELEASE DATE SO BECAUSE GS DID THAT DONT NOT MEAN SONY IS GOING TO BUST THEIR SSAES BECAUSE GAMESTOP BEING GREEDY TRYING TO UNDERCUT THE DIGITAL RETAILER SO ACT SMART SND ACT LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT WENT DOWN! THERES A SCHEDUALE AND SONY DTICKING TO IT.

YOU COULDVE ALWAYS GOT YOUR PREORDER CANCELED AND GOT THE HARD COPY.

I too have a 32 gig card so stop crying i bout 32 gig to support. If you did good now stop crying Plus is coming youll use it all.

What ashame.

polo155 said:

September 24th, 10:58 am

I cannot argue about the store updating at 9pm est. If it takes long to update the store they should simply start sooner.

klimt2009 said:

September 24th, 11:11 am

Would be very much appreciated to get info/clarity on the LittleBigPlanet Vita Bundle for North America. Is it coming out here? Is there a date set? Even a confirmation that it’s coming at some point this year would be great.

I was going to buy it for my cousin, but the pre-order never became available. With the arrival of the official release date, many of us are wondering if we should hold out for this, or go in another direction. Thanks.

Beetey said:

September 24th, 12:23 pm

What are the odds that ad hoc multiplayer will be added to LBP Vita?

Joeltron3030 said:

September 24th, 12:24 pm

Hey guys,

I just finished the story last night, and while it was fun I gotta say it was disappointingly short. When I beat it I got a pin for beating the story in under 3 hours. And that was after replaying some levels for aces and bubbles….boo-urns

Niko_of_Death said:

September 24th, 12:45 pm

You forgot to put the team picks for LBP vita on

Elvick_ said:

September 24th, 3:18 pm

OMG shut up you babies. Talk about first world problems.

loadstone007 said:

September 24th, 3:42 pm

I have the EU game but US PSN account. Will I be able to redeem the code?

Daint- said:

September 24th, 3:55 pm

My store recieved their shipment of lbp vita early and trust me, all lbp fans will not be disappointed.

Daint- said:

September 24th, 3:59 pm

+ IcarusTheRanger
If you live in america then that in game store should start working tomorrow when they give the update.

Kamijanai said:

September 24th, 4:13 pm

I sware this happens every time I want a game lol! i be thinking like… when the freak PSN gonna update (*3*)?

redj944 said:

September 24th, 4:36 pm

Awesome! i got my copy of Little Big Planet on the 21st, but my vita is in the shop for repairs :( realy fealing bumed out. but once i get my vita back ill never pute it down! LONG LIVE LBP VITA! ps play my level “the countanator” on lbp vita, i think you’ll like it :)

TSFRJ said:

September 24th, 5:39 pm

Steven will there be a paint gun added to LBPVita and will there be cosyume packs issued with the LBP 1 & 2 story costumes? Why will the Assassian creed costumes not be transferable to LBP kart racing?

macy113 said:

September 24th, 6:48 pm

Il be getting it early in the morning. no midnight release here though :L

playonline53tms said:

September 24th, 7:03 pm

i will be refreshing PSstore over and over again until it comes out. please try to update the ps store early (pst) because waiting till 6 or 7 is not cool

mvit95 said:

September 24th, 10:43 pm

no midnight launch at all?

teh_pwnrer said:

September 24th, 11:21 pm

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD DIGITAL VERSION FOR OVER AN HOUR NOW AFTER 12 AND STILL NO DIGITAL LOVE AT ALL… I WANT THE DIGITAL VERSION NOT A CARD THAT I WILL LOSE

mvit95 said: