Knack 2

Oct 11

Oct 11

New PlayStation Store Coming October 23rd

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

New PlayStation Store

Content not final and subject to change.

Today we began previewing a completely redesigned PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3. We’ve listened closely to your feedback and used it to build a brand new PlayStation Store. With a stunning new user interface, simple search and powerful content discovery, it’s an in-store experience that’s more streamlined and accessible than ever before.

PlayStation Store now offers more than 20,000 pieces of game-related content including downloadable games, add-ons and themes and more than 100,000 videos and TV shows. With so much to choose from, the redesign offers easier navigation to locate the perfect game, video or application. Product pages will deliver in-depth information about games and videos, while providing an amazing high definition visual experience found only on PS3.

New PlayStation StoreNew PlayStation Store

Take a look at what to expect when the all new PlayStation Store rolls out in the US on October 23rd, and keep checking back for more information.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6

WakizashiM said:

October 12th, 10:34 am

The new store looks great, but damn if I’m not disappointed that the download list is not getting sorting options.

Elvick_ said:

October 12th, 10:37 am

@242: Install somw themes, tada. More color with the custom icons for everything, granted not ingame. Personally, it looks perfect to me too. I like it simple and sleak.

E-Phoenix- said:

October 12th, 11:55 am

Looks great. A new PS3 UI would be nice too.

soupaman2684 said:

October 12th, 12:10 pm

Hey, can you answer this question? Are you working on fixing the accounts so that if they made a sub-account and then finally reached the age of 18, they would have the option to upgrade to a master account. I’m 18 and am still stuck with a sub account. It would be awesome if you fix this because I have around 300+ trophies and I cant just get them again alongside levels on multiplayer games. Can somebody please reply to this!??!?!?!?!

Myspace110 said:

October 12th, 1:02 pm

hopefully youll swap out the cross media bar as well for a bit more organized layout keep up the good work sony

Wartech said:

October 12th, 1:51 pm

Looks fantastic! Job well done! I’m curious an word on Vita or PS3 getting comic store like the PSP store has? I really think going in the holiday season it would be a good sales. Especially since I don’t think your competitor offer tthat service.

swisstylez said:

October 12th, 2:41 pm

I can’t wait for the new Ps store it looks so nice and with the filters fixed it will be more easier to find games yay!!!!!!

Araya462 said:

October 12th, 3:36 pm

Will there be more playstation1 and playstation 2 games added for sale. When I first bought my PS3 about a year ago they had more playstation 2 games up for sale then now,and I even remember warcraft 1 for playstation 1 being available and as soon as I got some money to buy it it was gone. I hate to be greedy but if you take my advice and put back up you might as well Diablo 1 from ps1 it wouldn’t hurt my feelings

BShornock said:

October 12th, 5:08 pm

Sorting downloads would be awesome

Put all the downloads in categories.

PS3 Games(Full Games)
PS3 Demos and Unlock Codes
PS3 DLC
PS3 Avatars
PS3 Dynamic/Static Themes
PSP Games(Full Games and DLC, since there isn’t much)
PSVita Games
PSVita DLC
PSVita Avatars/Borders
PSOne Games
PSMobile Games
SoundTracks/Movies/Manuals

As for the new look for Playstation Network, if they navigate EVERYTHING under the Games Category, not a clump of garbage like XBL looks, I will be happy, keep it simplified.

The only overhaul the Vita menu needs, is it’s own categories for downloads.

B-Badd said:

October 12th, 5:20 pm

Cool looking update, hope it’s just as easy to use. Now when it the PS3’s xmb and PSVita’s live area getting an update (Almost out of space with my 32 GB stick).

Souledge94 said:

October 12th, 6:56 pm

imma miss the old store I found nothing wrong with it. Oh wells change happens.

saab01 said:

October 12th, 7:56 pm

Sounds interesting I don’t mind the stores layout now but a resigned store is fine with me.

If only next we can work on a Web Browser that actually works correctly. Also the in game XMB is too slow and the comparison of trophies with friends is too slow these things should be worked on next.

redknite said:

October 12th, 8:27 pm

final fantasy 10

Giga_Gaia said:

October 12th, 11:18 pm

Great, maybe this will fix the 80023102 error that has happened for years and that Sony is too lazy to fix.

QUINTISON said:

October 12th, 11:39 pm

I’d hope the new store includes a new and improved dl list so full games and full psn games would be grouped while demo’s and currently running beta’s would be in another tab while dlc would also get it’s own tab and that would leave music and apps so the uncharted soundtrack and hulu plus would be found in another tab.

As it stands now it’s all thrown in a blender and all jumbled up so if your dl list is as long as mine it can be challenging indeed.

Within the full games and demo’s /beta’s sections a ps plus logo would be next to content that was plus so as to make it even more easy to find.

CrAzYDaVe0209 said:

October 13th, 1:45 am

WE WANT AN NEW XMB, WE WANT AN NEW XMB, WE WANT AN NEW XMB. Store is cool and all but we want change to the XMB too. Come on Sony what you guys thinking?

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

October 13th, 8:43 am

the xmb is fine, we don’t want the whole change the dash 100 times like m$ has done.

WilHiteWarrior said:

October 13th, 4:58 pm

Milla Jovovich should not have her picture anywhere near the resident evil games… those blasted movies should be kept as far from the games as possible

destruction1983 said:

October 13th, 5:11 pm

so when you download a game is it going be faster and better?

FUS-RO-DAAH said:

October 13th, 11:02 pm

Looking forward to the store redesign for Vita, hopefully it’ll get rolled out this year.

TensaXZangetsu2 said:

October 14th, 12:06 pm

Now that you guys are changing the playstation store. Have you ever thought about changing the ps3 XMB. It would be awesome if you made it look like the ps vita xmb.

TJF588 said:

October 14th, 9:10 pm

Count me in on getting the Download List (not only on PS3, but PSP, MedioGo, and the SEN website) more usable. For categories, I’d like to see Format, Full Games, Demos, Add-On, Unlocks, Themes, Avatars, Soundtracks…with checkbox-style display (where you can choose which categories to show). I’d also like to see groupings of a game’s content by IP, and off course every sort option with Oldest, Newest, and Alphabetical; maybe even Last Downloaded. And, personally, a way to filter out anything not available on the Store anymore (which for some reason, for me, includes inFAMOUS).

pickleing said:

October 14th, 10:24 pm

Why isn’ Sony supporting the Vita as much as they did the PSP i’m really gdtting sick of Sony letting me down, dont get me wrong sony i love you but support your damn system or else you will have one of the few failed handheld game systems;(

pickleing said:

October 14th, 10:26 pm

The vita is a great system and has so much by potential but a great metaphor is like a highjschool kid doing drugs hd has so much potential but he is throwing it away

herbalsticky said:

October 15th, 7:46 am

I think it’s a bad idea to mix movies and games.

Remmy8199 said:

October 15th, 4:04 pm

Are the PS3 users gonna get any new PSOne Classics any time soon? Just wondering because I know the Vita got a bunch recently, but there’s been none for us.

phade2blaq said:

October 15th, 4:58 pm

I’m glad to see the store finally getting updated because it’s clunky and you can’t locate anything without a hassle !

Ryu-Sama- said:

October 15th, 10:16 pm

LOL now I’ll have 3 copies of RE5 gold.

CallHimEiko said:

October 16th, 8:39 am

Bring NFL STREETS TO THE PSN

PSmayhemfan316 said:

October 16th, 9:05 am

i going to love the new store look. but what about the video unlimited for ps3 will it still be available?

PiMDx said:

October 16th, 1:26 pm

Payday Heist, King of FIghters XIII, and NFL Blitz are for NA, RE5 and Bulletstorm for EU. As a NA + member I am disappointed with the NA releases.

tuckinyourmama said:

October 16th, 4:09 pm

I think psplus is a great value but seems like every game that seems worth checking out I already own

Heavenly_king said:

October 16th, 6:04 pm

UPDATE THE XMB PLEASE!!! :(

PS_man1984 said:

October 16th, 11:59 pm

It looks very “Metro” inspired. You guys had some inspiration from Windows 8 / Windows Phone?

gohan16ken said:

October 17th, 12:10 pm

I can search and purchase a content on xbox.com from my computer and have it download on my X360. Sony should do that for the PS3.

Toe_Tag_ said:

October 17th, 1:29 pm

Well. I have to say there seems to be alot of attention going in the wrong place.

Why is there not this much attention to online games, like Socom Confrontation.

This game has had 2 patches since release and 1 map pack.

Since this game is Sony’s responsibility you would think it would have more attention given to it.

I have’nt purchased a game in 7 years only because there is zero attention given to games and clearly updating the playstation store proves where the priorities are.

sygys said:

October 18th, 5:59 am

Why is it always US only who is getting these services… What about Europe???

H4aD2Es0 said:

October 18th, 3:41 pm

I am very happy with all the improvements the Playstation Team has been doing the new store look freaking awesome great job keep it up

CigarelloFiend said:

October 23rd, 8:49 am

Very nice so much better……PSN GOOD JOB well done

AntiCarnage said:

October 25th, 10:35 am

Bring back old store new one is horrible and messy makes me sad to look at.

Sergheiev said:

November 2nd, 8:00 am

I´ve just installed the new store, like it a lot, but, where´s the Playstation Plus menu, option? also with the new design now i´m aware of a lot of content i missed on the old store so it would be great to have a wishlist or save for later feature.

EXQUISITEEMPRESS said:

November 7th, 2:08 pm

Just installed the new PlayStation Store. I admit it looks much easier to navigate since I never got used to the original having just picked up my PS3 last year. I haven’t used it thoroughly but when I do I’m sure it will be much easier than before.

PAGE 1 4 5 6