PlayStation VR

Oct 15

Oct 15

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Access Begins Tuesday for PS3, PS Vita

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

We hope you’ve been keeping track of all the recent updates on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale news, from an in-depth update on the PS Vita version to our behind-the-scenes look at mashing up different worlds, we’ve shown you what this game is shaping up to be…and we think it’s high time you try it out for yourselves!

Today, we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus members on PS3 tomorrow, October 16th and expand to everyone October 23rd through PlayStation Store! What’s more, as a special treat, PS Vita users will be able dive right into the multiplayer beta starting tomorrow – no Plus subscription required. The Beta will support Cross-Play, so PS3 and PS Vita owners will be able to fight with and against each other.

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale - Kratos StrategiesPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Sweet Tooth Strategies

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale - Radec StrategiesPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Sly Cooper Strategies

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - PaRappa StrategiesPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Fat Princess Strategies

So what will be in this limited Beta?

• You’ll be able to play as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, PaRappa, and Fat Princess.
  • You’ll be able to play in both the Metropolis and Hades stages.
  • You’ll be able to try out four-player online tournaments and 2 v 2 online tournaments. For the 2 v 2 games we’ll be supporting friend invites, so you and a friend can fight another team online.

This, of course, is only a tiny fraction of what PlayStation All-Stars has to offer, but we thought you’d love the chance to try it early and see what all the buzz is about. Be sure to hop on quickly as we’ll be ending the Beta on October 30th!

But that’s not all. As you know, we have a pre-order program running right now that unlocks a set of exclusive costumes in the game. Today we’re happy to unveil the rest of the costumes you’ll be getting with your pre-order of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Pre-order bonus skins

Unlocked with your pre-order at participating retailers, these costumes will work for both the PS3 and PS Vita when it releases on November 20th, so be sure to reserve your copy today. And don’t forget: PlayStation All-Stars features Cross-Buy support, so if you purchase the PS3 version, you’ll get a downloadable PS Vita version for no extra cost.

With Beta access beginning tomorrow, we look forward to getting your feedback on the game and seeing what you think of this highly anticipated title. Spread the word and we’ll see you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

Gadirok said:

October 15th, 12:27 pm

Will the preorder codes be in the receipt or inside the game case? Because I didn’t get any preorder content from LBP vita and was really dissapointed to get none. Apparently, futureshop had no idea about the preorder content

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Ariel Angelotti said:

October 15th, 1:35 pm

The pre-order costume code will be on a voucher (printed or emailed to you) if you pre-order the game from participating retailers. So in order to be safe, stop in at a Gamestop and pre-order the game to guarantee your pre-order voucher today!

Gadirok said:

October 15th, 12:33 pm

Also, now I finally get to stab Sackboy as Sweet Tooth. >:K

MarkakaJin said:

October 15th, 12:43 pm

Finally the news about the PSASBR beta has come and it’s tomorrow!

Elvick_ said:

October 15th, 12:50 pm

Pfft. Forget this game. Call me when you release a new version with a decent roster.

dorkgeniuz21 said:

October 15th, 1:03 pm

1.Ive been waiting my whole life for this game.
2.How come Raidens new skin looks like old-school Dante in a Raiden costume?
3.Is there any word on the size of the Vita beta, so we know how much we have to delete from my Vita’s etc.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Ariel Angelotti said:

October 15th, 1:41 pm

1. So have I! And it’s just around the corner!
    2. They both just happen to have beautiful hair. There’s nothing wrong with guys who have flowing blonde locks! And while they may look similar, I guess that’s the curse of male video game characters that have long, flowy hair.
    3. The Vita beta is under 600mb. Delete and let the games begin!

jose213jose said:

October 15th, 1:41 pm

Mega awesome news ever, beta i’m 100% in for PSVita version.

dorkgeniuz21 said:

October 15th, 1:43 pm

I would’ve rather had the Sackboy space suit, Old school Dante & younger Kratos.

thejestersfool said:

October 15th, 1:46 pm

I am a huge fan of 7 or 8 of the brands their characters are used in. Plus I have been playing soul caliber and supersmash bros since I have owned my 64 and first touched the dreamcast. Really excited for this new outlook on this brawler franchise. I think they know what they are doing, downloading the beta is the first thing I’m doing tomorrow! thanks!

dorkgeniuz21 said:

October 15th, 1:49 pm

I hope SuperBot knows that we really want dlc characters, weapons & stages etc.Is there anyway possible that us fans can get our requests to them more efficiently?

thejestersfool said:

October 15th, 2:07 pm

I bet they are saving around 20 more characters for some DLC, very suprised at the amount they chose. Nintendo has over 50. I thought they would also choose a couple of final fantasy characters.

thejestersfool said:

October 15th, 2:07 pm

CHARACTER IDEA: TOEJAM & EARL-MAKE IT HAPPEN

cman199 said:

October 15th, 2:17 pm

I was dissapointed reading the article that i would have further wait for the beta since im not a PS+ but i continued reading and then saw vita owners get the beta same day PS+ so i will be playsing against them on the vita!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

D-Squad3 said:

October 15th, 2:18 pm

What’s my “Ultimate Match-Up”?

Let me see…

Cloud vs Snake vs Crash vs Wander

Nitrosonic0 said:

October 15th, 3:23 pm

man, now i wish i was a plus member. i’ve been waiting for this beta for months! although what caught me by surprise was my recent trip to my local best buy. i decided to play the PS3 that was there and there it was… a demo of PASBR! HOW LONG WAS THAT THERE???? anyway, after playing the game, i now have higher hopes for it. and hopefully, “20” won’t remain as the final amount of characters. Crash and Spyro FTW!!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Ariel Angelotti said:

October 15th, 3:53 pm

Thanks for trying out the demo! The demo has been in stores at select retailers (including Best Buy and Gamestop) since the first of October.

We all really appreciate comments like these, because putting out all of these demos is a lot of work. Knowing that people are playing the game – and enjoying it! – warms all of our hearts.

ViPeRToeZ said:

October 15th, 3:24 pm

Can’t wait to play the beta tomorrow!

Astro411 said:

October 15th, 3:35 pm

Will we get the pre-order costumes if we buy the digital version within the first week like some other games did?

Teflon02 said:

October 15th, 4:13 pm

I just want Crash Bandicoot, Kat (Gravity Rush), a Final Fantasy Character, a Disgaea Character (Prinny, Etna or Laharl), and a Dark Cloud 2 Character (Max or Monica, prefer monica since it needs females). Anyone else is cool, but thats what I wish for.
Now the preorders, how do we get it? Because I preordered LBP Vita a month before release and did NOT get my preorder DLC, and no one would help me even though I had 3 recipts as proof wigh the game. Point is, Canada better get it and, it better not be messed up like The LBP one, cause that was ridiculous, and no one cared.

Teflon02 said:

October 15th, 4:16 pm

By the way I’m getting the PS Vita Version, cause I want it physically for Vita. I’ll get the PS3 version later. One question, about online passes, will the online pass also be the code for the PS Vita game? Or will it be 2 seperate codes?

Edzo04ps said:

October 15th, 4:18 pm

I have had this beta for a while now and I am really unimpressed. Simply wasn’t fun although I’m sure plenty of people disagree. Killed my hype :(

KangarooSam said:

October 15th, 4:21 pm

I download all of my Vita games to my 32gb card, so is there any way I can still get the pre order costumes?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 15th, 4:54 pm

I think they shouldve had the ORIGINAL DANTE as a ALTERNATE COSTUME..hopefully his sister would be added as a DLC..along with GABE LOGAN,SETH,NATHAN HALE,SOLID SNAKE and ofcourse the MOST ANTICIPATED CHARACTER IN THIS GAME…CRASH BANDICOOT..THIS GAME WILL NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT HIM OR SNAKE >:/

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 15th, 5:04 pm

IS THE VITA VERSION ONLINE ONLY TOO?

KangarooSam said:

October 15th, 5:07 pm

^^^ IF I USE CAPS LOCK MAYBE PEOPLE WILL CARE ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ^^^

ciberraja said:

October 15th, 5:09 pm

Will the PSN+ Beta be Worldwide or only to certain countries? Greetings from Mexico, we´d also like to try the game here. :P

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 15th, 5:13 pm

^^MAYBE IF I MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO USE THE CAPS BUTTON I MIGHT SEEM FUNNY ^^ – OOH AM I TOO LOUD FOR YOU ….I HOPE YOUR EYES EXPLODE FROM SUCH HUGE LETTERS!

OMEGA_MEXICAN said:

October 15th, 5:15 pm

YES! i can play again! im kinda bummed i have to wait a week to play it cause i dont have PLUS but another week wont kill me =) I can finally show my friends how awesome this game is! Those costumes! HELL YEAH

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

October 15th, 5:15 pm

ALSO SINCE IM IN SUCH A LOUD MOOD..I HOPE THIS BETA ALSO SUPPORTS SOME KIND OF OFFLINE MODE..IM NOT TOO FOND OF DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE’S LAGGY ONLINE CONNECTION >:/

KangarooSam said:

October 15th, 5:24 pm

^^^ MAYBE YOU’RE THE ONE WHO’S LAGGING^^^

KangarooSam said:

October 15th, 5:25 pm

Anyway, PSASBR looks amazing. Great job, guys.

Ryumoau said:

October 15th, 5:52 pm

glad to see the beta will finally be available, but why only 6 characters and 2 stages? that seems really pathetic even for a beta (a late beta at that).

Would rather have played as Raiden than the generic killzone soldier.

Ryumoau said:

October 15th, 5:59 pm

Also, please tell me the psn version will have a substantial discount for Plus members?

Its already pretty ridiculous that the psn digital version of YOUR biggest first party game of the year won’t have the retail preorder bonus, but it will be a slap in the face if you didn’t give Plus members a good discount on the digital version either.
And i don’t mean the pathetic 10% off you are giving on the day 1 digital games like 007 Legends. 30 to 40% off should be the least you can do for your own game.

But then again, Sony promised a discount on the digital version of Ratchet & Clank HD Collection but never did it (making them liars). :/

Enelfer6697 said:

October 15th, 6:16 pm

Does anyone know if the Cross-Buy feature will work in Latin American countries?

JL1994 said:

October 15th, 6:17 pm

I kind of wished more characters but it is understandable. I also wanted Dante’s costume to be DMC 3 and not a wifebeater -.-

Ryumoau said:

October 15th, 6:21 pm

@83 yeah, why not give us classic Dante look? I guess they are trying their best to distance the new Dante from the original. Makes sense, considering how terrible this new DMC game looks compared to the original games.

KGH said:

October 15th, 6:29 pm

The alternate skin for Dante should have been his original design

VaizardStevan said:

October 15th, 7:03 pm

Hopefully you’re still responding to questions or comments on here, but I shall try and gain your attention regardless. As of lately I have been noticing very recent titles making their way to the PSN very soon after release and in very recent events even some pre-orders. For example Assassin’s Creed 3, Modern Warfare 3, Dishonored, Resident Evil, Borderlands 2 and Devil May Cry HD Collection. Now I know I can’t be the only one who seriously prefers Digital copies to Physical ones, now my question is regarding this game I understand it will not be available for pre-order on PSN; however will it be available upon release in the digital version? I really hope so, i’m tired of games pulling the Call of Duty method and going “Oh, what’s that? Modern Warfare 3 is about to be released in 2 weeks, let’s finally release Black Ops 1 on PSN.. Because everyone is gonna want to pay $59.99 for a 1 year old game when the newer one will be out in a few weeks!” As an example of last year around Fall 2011, I have a larger capacity HDD in my PS3 and would really love to get to fill it with games and not movies and music. Any information you have regarding digital copies will be great appreciated!!

TubaDude49 said:

October 15th, 7:21 pm

I’m not understanding Spike’s skin. Is it just short shorts?

Ryumoau said:

October 15th, 7:26 pm

@86 i agree. Digital games aren’t being priced reasonably.

Kchow23 said:

October 15th, 7:29 pm

Oh wow, I haven’t seen Ariel around the blog in a while! Welcome back :D

dorkgeniuz21 said:

October 15th, 8:17 pm

You think Superbot could talk Eat Sleep Play into letting Sackboy from ps all-stars use the same costume program from the LBP franchise.Sackboy has too many costumes that a lot of people may want.It would be awesome if any lbp costumes bought would be compatible with his character.Get the word out..

rosario11 said:

October 15th, 9:13 pm

how much space does the beta takes?? , what time on tuesday will it be up?

PrinceofXIII said:

October 15th, 10:00 pm

yeah MGS2 Raiden and Tekken 3 Heihachi :)

TooTone07 said:

October 15th, 10:41 pm

I can’t find the ps all stars battle royale beta on my psp vita anywhere. The time is 12:40 am and I’m searching the ps network like crazy. Anyone no what the problem is?

Tuarus94 said:

October 15th, 11:53 pm

What time will the beta be up? I’m itching to play!

TooTone07 said:

October 16th, 12:15 am

The psn usually doesn’t officially update till around noon on Tuesdays so find something to do for the next ten hours. WHERE’S MY IPAD

iREVOLTER said:

October 16th, 1:49 am

Awsm! Can’t wait to play it…

Guyper said:

October 16th, 2:15 am

I have never tried a Playstation beta games before. So, my question would be…where exactly can we send our feedback on the gameplay? Thanks

Kchow23 said:

October 16th, 3:21 am

Any chance that some of the other characters are added? I’m itching to play as Raiden, Dante or Nariko. Or at the very least, maybe on the demo? Lastly, how are there no PixelJunk characters in the game, Ariel! ;)

Spiroff23 said:

October 16th, 5:05 am

I’m so hyped! xD Where’s Spike’s costume from?!

Shedagilos said:

October 16th, 5:30 am

I understand private beta participates can join in the public beta. The question is do I have to dwnld a new file, or continue to my existing one?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8