God of War

Oct 15

Oct 15

PlayStation Plus Gets PAYDAY: The Heist, The Unfinished Swan Early Access

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

By now, you should have already tackled NFL Blitz which came in free for Plus members earlier this month. You should also make sure to download one of the best fighters in the genre, King of Fighters XIII, which is also free for Plus members. With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update, you’ll want to get your blueprints out and cover up those fingerprints because you’ll be robbing some banks (in video game form of course) courtesy of PAYDAY: The Heist, coming free to Plus members! You’ll also be able to get Unfinished Swan before anyone else this week. That said, there’s much more so let’s get to it.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

October 16th PlayStation Plus Update

PAYDAY: The Heist

Free for PlayStation Plus Members

Dive full force into six heists of co-op madness, fighting off cops, stealing large sums of money and embarking on the ultimate high-intensity, first-person shooter adventure. You can play all the ‘heists’ solo if you like, or team up with friends on your friends list, or get your matchmaking on and work together as a group to pull off the crime.

The Unfinished Swan

Exclusive Early Release; Price: $14.99

The Unfinished Swan is a first-person painting game that begins in a totally white space; but as you throw globs of paint to explore the world, you’ll discover that the surreal, unfinished world that you inhabit is more than meets the eye. Plus members will get to be the first to discuss what this game is all about with the gaming community; so don’t miss out. The game will be released for all of PSN on 10/23.

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale

Exclusive Beta Access

It’s time! We need your help in getting PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale prepped for showtime when it releases on PS3 and PS Vita on November 20th. Get a taste of the full game with 2v2 and 4 player online tournaments and choose from Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Radec, Sly, PaRappa and Fat Princess as you fight in Metropolis or Hades for victory. You’ll also get to check out the Cross Play functionality since this beta access works for both PS3 and PS Vita! The beta ends at 10/30 at 11:59pm PST, so get in while you can!

007 Legends

10% Discount (Regular Price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)

As part of the door busting Day 1 Digital event, Plus members can snag the lowest price around on this new PS3 Full Game title, releasing the same day on PSN as it is at retail. Gamers and Bond aficionados alike will become James Bond reliving iconic and intense undercover missions from throughout the entire Bond film franchise including ones from the upcoming new Bond movie, “Skyfall”.
Caravan of the Dead – PlayStation Store Halloween Sale

Various (spooky) Games and Add-Ons With Extra Discounts for Plus Members

Time to celebrate Halloween with some of gaming’s most outlandishly ghoulish titles. This sale is for all of PSN, but Plus members will have the best discounts; many from 50% – 75% off the regular price. Find great games like the Costume Quest complete bundle for just $3.75, inFAMOUS Festival of Blood at a steal of a price at $2.50, and Dead Space 2 at $9.79. The sale ends 10/30. Here’s the full breakdown:
Game PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
Dead Space 2 $13.99 $9.79
Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection: Content Pack $10.49 $7.34
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record $13.99 $9.79
Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita $10.49 $7.34
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $34.99 $24.49
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack $5.59 $3.91
The House of the Dead Bundle $21.99 $15.39
Zen Pinball 2 PS Vita Monsters Bundle (The Paranormal, Sorcerer’s Lair and Plants vs. Zombies) $5.99 $4.19
AMY $4.99 $2.50
Costume Quest complete bundle $7.49 $3.75
Dead Nation $7.49 $3.75
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime $2.49 $1.25
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $4.99 $2.50
Monster World IV (Plus Price: $1.00 – 80% off) and SEGA Rally Arcade (Plus Price $2.99 – 70% off the regular store price of $9.99)

Exclusive Discounts for Plus Members

Our friends at SEGA once again deliver gaming goodness at a price you can’t resist. With the Master System classic Monster World IV and the more recent arcade hit SEGA Rally Arcade seeing deep discounts. I encourage everyone to check out these titles.

That’s it for this week. Make sure you check out tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update post to see all the details for this week’s Plus update, and come back next week when we’ll have more great Plus news to share. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 10-15-2012

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10

Lone-Sensei said:

October 15th, 8:41 pm

@189 Yeah we should all just move to Europe, Sony shouldn’t try to please their American customers or anything like that. It’s obviously the customer’s fault for spending money on a subscription service & not predicting Sony would decide to give US inferior games and deals. Sony is never in the wrong.

Am I being a good Sony fanboy like you? Maybe now that I sucked up to them and defended them Sony will finally give me the love that I crave.

Oh please Sony, please give me your approval!

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 8:42 pm

bamahollis88, I promise you, there is not “a lot of other people unhappy with PS+”.

The complainers just make a lot more noise than the ones who are satisfied. That’s why you think you are so great in number. In reality, all the complainers on this blog and other gaming sites COMBINED are less than 0.1% of all Plus subbers.

Screw that list. You shouldn’t be worried about quantity over quality. 5 good games are better than 10 mediocre games. Now, I’m not saying the EU offerings are mediocre, but of course what’s good and what’s crappy all comes down to personal opinion anyway. Thus, all these list comparisons are ultimately irrelevant. I don’t even know why you post them.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 8:43 pm

You guys also completely overlook the fact that it may be the devs/pubs decisions as to what they offer in what region (NOT entirely up to Sony), and what they choose may be based on a variety of factors, most likely numbers, including sales, returns, downloads, etc., and other ways of measuring interest, projections and laying the groundwork for plans for certain regions in the future.

Laws and contracts of all different kinds could also be affecting what goes where. There’s so many different possibilities that it’s just stupid to pin it all on Sony, and in fact it’s stupid to complain at all. Just don’t subscribe any longer if you feel it doesn’t cater to you. It’s nothing you really need to whine about. It’s small time stuff.

Doutrinador666 said:

October 15th, 8:43 pm

Thinking again… I was gonna give a friend a PSN+ card as a gift, but i might give him my account instead.

One less costumer. Way to go, ultracrappy updates.

yesimasian2 said:

October 15th, 8:46 pm

@ 192 : hrm, I don’t really see how that can be so, he seems pretty upset that the US store is not as good as the EU store in his opinion, but whatever, it doesn’t really matter, I’m really not trying to be a troll here, it’s just frustrating to see such an attitude of entitlement, not that any of my posts here can change anyone’s mind… it is what it is… I can speak for myself, and I’m greatful that I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a Plus membership to begin with, and am enjoying the benefits that come with it… that is all, I mean no offense

Betorro said:

October 15th, 8:46 pm

Another OLD PSN game? Is this a joke? Where is RE5GOLD? Red Dead redeption, bulletstorm, Dead space 2, Machinarium?

hace falta una encuesta con diferente géneros y que uno pueda votar y ustedes elegir el juego.

Algo como:

¿De que genero quieres que incluyamos un juego el próximo mes?

1) RPG
2) Sport
3) Racing

y por lo menos elegir eso.

otra semana, otra decepción…

drGiggless said:

October 15th, 8:47 pm

lol now they are moderating my messages because I’m not a Sony fanboy zombie.

drGiggless said:

October 15th, 8:48 pm

@181 – We pay for this service, we have the right to complain if we don’t feel we are getting our moneys worth. And we certainly aren’t! All I want is what EU PS+ is receiving, I’m not asking for anything more than that.

@188 – Exactly. What a disgrace the North American PS+ is. I honestly think they are doing some kind of sick experiment to see how crappy they can make PS+ and still get people to buy it. That’s how it feels anyways.

Betorro said:

October 15th, 8:50 pm

RATE THIS POST 1 star of 5 ANOTHER OLD PSN GAME? FAIL SONY, F A I L

mainkster said:

October 15th, 8:50 pm

i don’t want re5 , got it already with platinum probably lots a people got it too , if raccoon city would of come to plus i would of been excited , but i will gladly take payday and Monster World IV ,and DR 2 , i wanted to get AMY also but after checking the reviews whoa worst game ever , awful , dreadfull ,… etc , but i want to get it anyways. for DS 2 ,, haven’t finished first 1 yet , so like yea maybe knowing plus they will probably give all these games free down the line

bamahollis88 said:

October 15th, 8:51 pm

Ok ill explain it in more detail because you can’t understand it. The EU gives better games, and more verity.

1. The number of full games should be closer, the US has only gotten 2 full games since the IGC came out and those where Rachet and Clank, and King of fighters. I don’t care if there the same games, but i want more full games, and less PSN games.

2. EU has better verity of games, they have had racing games, RPGs, shooters, open world games, while US has given us four fighting games, with no racers, RPGs and next week we are getting or first shooter.

I don’t see why EU can get a lot of good games with different genera’s but the US cant. To be honest the thing that makes me worried me the most is that the US PS+ won’t change and in a year we will only have about 6 new full games while EU has around 21.

Can you honestly say you would rather have the US games over the EU ones, and if you can, then i would imagine you’re in the minority. I like to get the most out of my money, so when i see some one getting a better deal for the same price im going to voice my thoughts.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 8:52 pm

@ Betorro

Do you realize what you just said? Seriously, re-read your first sentence.

poolmav45 said:

October 15th, 8:54 pm

@196

Really .1 percent! Well, I see a lot of people on this message board who enjoys plus offerings (like me for the most part). So can I conclude that it is actually .1 percent of people who are actually satisfied with the service.

I hear a lot of noise from gamers who defend plus as well as complains about plus. I’ve defended plus on sereval sites. I really see it as 50/50 percent. But again, that is not a statistic of how many are or are not satisfied, but what I see on the boards across the internet.

That’s an ignorant comment.

cusetown313 said:

October 15th, 8:57 pm

nice update , this is good psn game , you guys get a 8.2 out of 10 . NOW NEXT MONTH WE WANT SOME OF THOSE GAMES FROM PLAYSTATION EUROPE !!!! OR A FULL PS3 GAME

KingBlade82 said:

October 15th, 8:59 pm

For all the people who are complaining about people complaining how about you learn why we dont like things

atleast payday has a platinum but psn games vs retail have lower quality so we get a 5 hour game vs a 30+ hour game and since EU+ keeps getting more retail value games we feel cheated i love sony im not complaining about the service im sure if u have plus its because you are a die hard sony fan but i for one want equality and not feel like i need to join EU plus to get a better value

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:00 pm

@bamahollis:

1. “Full” games… “PSN” games… doesn’t matter. A game is a game. The value of each game is based on personal opinion. For example, I prefer The Impossible Game, a cheap mini, over the big-budget Resident Evil 6. Why? It’s more fun. More challenging. More satisfying.

2. Read my post @197.

PikaZeroX said:

October 15th, 9:00 pm

yahoo!

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:01 pm

poolmav:

It’s not ignorant, but you sure are. Why don’t you look into the numbers and do the math yourself. You’ll see that I’m right.

KingBlade82 said:

October 15th, 9:02 pm

and for the people who forgot about borderlands or other full games we recieved please dont speak you are hurting our cause and sounding like trolls

Tsupi_Az said:

October 15th, 9:03 pm

@yesimasian2
never mind its my numbers that are off, I just remembered I have a post waiting on the moderator to approve so mine are all 1 off d/t you guys not being able to see that post yet. so yes that guy should change to the EU+ instead

Sharing4Fun said:

October 15th, 9:04 pm

hey morgan,i got something in mind for this halloween for plus user.I think you guys should give out siren:blood curse full game free.I play the demo,i got scare when them shibito(zombie or grudge lookin people came out)by the end of the demo i wanted to play more and i was thinking of buying the game but the game cost $40 which i find expensive for a 4 year old game.

yesimasian2 said:

October 15th, 9:06 pm

I do like my Playstation 3 but I’m not a Sony fanboy, those types of people tend to be immature, close-minded and linear individuals… Just to make certain, I don’t think the Plus service is perfect, there is room for improvement for sure… I actually agree with a lot of what other people are saying here, truly, I’d like more for my money, who wouldn’t? I agree, everyone has the right to complain, I never said otherwise, and there’s no reason to chastise me for stating that I actually like a lot of the things I get for Plus… The service will NEVER be perfect or please everyone in the world, and like someone said previously, there are all kinds of factors, many out of Sony’s hands, as to why certain games are offered in certain regions… Big picture, the Plus service is an overall good deal, with room for improvement for sure…

cusetown313 said:

October 15th, 9:07 pm

THATS NOT FAIR , YOU GIVE EUROPE DEAD SPACE FOR FREE , THEN WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT ?

poolmav45 said:

October 15th, 9:08 pm

@Prime

What math?

bamahollis88 said:

October 15th, 9:09 pm

@Primero
I understand that we might not be able to get the same exact games as EU, and I’m ok with that, but they can get other games with out all of them being PSN games. I can guarantee that more people would rather have a big budget game over a mini, that’s why they are big budget games, because more people will spend a lot more money on them. most people wouldnt spend 60$ on a mini.

So you’re saying you would take the US list over the EU list?

poolmav45 said:

October 15th, 9:09 pm

@ Prime

I’ve should have said, “What numbers”?

cusetown313 said:

October 15th, 9:11 pm

why is EUROPE getting better games ?

PlatinumAura said:

October 15th, 9:13 pm

well I already had Payday but hey now their will be more people now!!! Excellent! Download it is a great game!!!!

that sale looks great!!! I might pick up Operation Raccoon City been waiting for it to hit a good price!! and maybe Dead Rising 2 Off the Record!! overall a great sale many people should find something they enjoy!!

USCCM said:

October 15th, 9:15 pm

@Morgan
Sorry, don’t have the full list now but those that I can remember are Altered Beast, Warhawk, Mahjong Tales, Elemental Monsters, and if not mistaken, Costume Quest.

@Akimitsu 782
Thanks, will give that a try

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

October 15th, 9:18 pm

If you can’t get access to these after redownloading them; please contact CS and they’ll get you taken care of. If you don’t get results, chime in here and let me know, but they should be able to assist.

800-345-SONY (7669)
    7 Days a Week 6:00AM – 10:00PM Pacific

Mr-Tinboh said:

October 15th, 9:19 pm

I just love how Morgan ignore’s every complainers comments and doesn’t bother responding. Great job, i think plus is amazing and i don’t see how anybody could have beaten all of the games that have been released for free so far. I mean come on with the 12 game instant collection and the 6-8 games that came out from august to october i don’t see how anybody could have completed every game (unless if they already beat it).

And i have a question, is there any chance of NA getting Deus Ex cuz Europe got it and i”ve heard a couple people saying that we will get it soon.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

October 15th, 11:10 pm

Well, don’t get me wrong, I see and track what the critiques are, and how many there are. So everyone’s voice is important. But for those that the update doesn’t resonate with, there’s only so much I can say, so usually I don’t unless I can respond with something constructive, but I’m certainly paying attention =)

But thanks for the support!

DeadlyVenom5 said:

October 15th, 9:20 pm

Hi Morgan I am wondering if people in Europe complain about the games released in NA. I am excited for many of the discounted games and the New Little King Story for the vita.

@94 the idea of giving away the first game to increase sales for the sequel was done when borderlands was given away and had discounted DLC the week before Borderlands 2 came out.

bamahollis88 said:

October 15th, 9:20 pm

@KingBlade82

I left out borderlands on accident, I wasn’t thinking about that one because that’s one EU got to, so that’s 3 full games we have gotten since IGC first came out. My bad

joostin said:

October 15th, 9:26 pm

Anyone who still hasn’t played Dead Nation had better snag it at this price! It is a diamond in the rough.

USCCM said:

October 15th, 9:27 pm

@116 and @Morgan
The PS Vita comes with headphones? Are you sure? Mine did not come with any and I had to buy the accessories separately.

bamahollis88 said:

October 15th, 9:28 pm

@Mr-Tinboh
Morgan won’t say if it’s coming out or not, he likes to keep secrets, but just because EU got it doesn’t mean that the US will get it.

God-Of-Lyf said:

October 15th, 9:32 pm

Just an FYI, Payday is not strictly multiplayer. you can play solo using AI controlled team mantes. As for the discount’s this week I’m all over them like a fat kid is on cake…! Mindblowing really…

thebgj said:

October 15th, 9:33 pm

I told everyone to wait for amy to be free and sure enough 2.50 might as well be free……i cant wait.

thebgj said:

October 15th, 9:35 pm

I bought payday the heist in Jan. …. its defiantly worth clicking download. great great great game.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:36 pm

@poolmav45:

Well I don’t think Sony releases that information anymore, but they did at the beginning of 2011, when they announced they had surpassed the 100,000 mark for Plus Subscribers. It has to be more than that by now.

But let’s just stick with 100,000 anyway. Now think of how many whiny little brats you have seen complaining about the service. Many complaints have been the same people whining over and over again. Personally, I’ve only seen around a couple hundred (estimating) over the past couple of years. But let’s go ahead and round it up and say there are at least 1,000 crybabies who got their diapers dirty all because of Plus not giving them exactly what they wanted when they wanted it.

Do the math: What percentage of 100,000 is 1,000? Hmm? That’s right. A meager 1%. But keep in mind, the number of subscriptions is undoubtedly higher than 100,000 now, and the number of whiners is clearly less than 1,000 (at least online). Thus, the percentage of ungrateful brats is very likely less than 1%.

manzoor47 said:

October 15th, 9:37 pm

definitely picking The Unfinished Swan! I been waiting for this game for long time.

thanks for PAYDAY: The Heist!

USCCM said:

October 15th, 9:40 pm

I ‘m not sure about AMY. I was excited when it was still in pre-launch, but once it was released, Gamespot gave it a low score and the game received no more attention after that. I just passed it up then. Wonder if I should get it now…

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:46 pm

Morgan, are you able to disclose the most recent count of Plus subscribers in the NA region, so we can be a little more accurate with our math? Please?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

October 15th, 11:15 pm

nope, I’m afraid I can’t, but I can say that since E3’s unveiling of the new instant game collection philosophy with Plus, membership has skyrocketed, and continues to do so. I’m sure your friends list has seen a growth in those little Plus symbols next to your friends, no?

Keeng said:

October 15th, 9:47 pm

I cannot contain my excitement for Payday: The Heist! Jeez, I can’t wait!

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:48 pm

@bamahollis88

Sorry I missed your post at 219 somehow.

No, I would not take the US list over the EU list. Because I take neither one over the other.

I like to buy (and keep) the games I want. Works out great. You should try it sometime. :)

Beckanno said:

October 15th, 9:48 pm

Sony defense force in droves

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 15th, 9:49 pm

More like the Anti-Brat Force.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

October 15th, 9:51 pm

This is another very nice update.

All you ever see on here are ungrateful brats that think “i’m a special snowflake they should cater to me!”

kaylord said:

October 15th, 9:58 pm

yessssssss

drGiggless said:

October 15th, 9:58 pm

lol @ PrimeroIncognito never having PS+ subscription but writing like 30 comments defending the games they give us and saying how we are whiners. Your opinion is irrelevant.

jonjon0890 said:

October 15th, 10:02 pm

I’m looking forward 2 the Halloween sale. I’ll probably gonna get Dead Space 2, Dead Rising 2 OTR, Dead Nation, Costume Quest.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10