Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 22

Oct 22

PlayStation All-Stars Come To Life in New Short Film From Creators of “Michael”

Mike Webster's Avatar Posted by Director, PlayStation First Party Games

Over the past few days we’ve released three short teasers filled with clues and a suspicious 10/23/12 date. As expected, nothing gets past the faithful members of the PlayStation Nation, as you quickly pieced together that these teasers are about PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.

Last year, we released “Michael,” a campaign which paid homage to you, the gamer. We like to think of PlayStation All-Stars as a continuation of that as it was made as a tribute to gamers, tapping into PlayStation’s legendary history and featuring some of the your most beloved franchises in our first ever cross-over fighting game.

We’ve created this short live-action film called “The All-Star” to celebrate PlayStation All-Stars’ upcoming launch. The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced screening. Check it out below:

“The All-Star” contains an epic battle with four of the most iconic PlayStation characters, but the real star of the film is you, the gamer. We’ve hidden references from each of the storied franchises featured in the game — and a few extras to keep you on your toes. Take to the comments to share your favorites!

Be sure to pre-order your copy of PlayStation All-Stars, which launches for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on November 20th. If you can’t wait until then, put your skills to the test in the PlayStation All-Stars public beta, which is available now for PS Plus members and opens to all PSN users tomorrow.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

C_Dalke said:

October 22nd, 8:06 pm

I hate when Sony teases a stupid commercial. People thought this was actually going to be real news for a second.

DeadKillersRevng said:

October 22nd, 8:07 pm

Yes! can’t wait!

DZORMAGEN said:

October 22nd, 8:07 pm

I just hope we get Crash as DLC!!!

morningdrive said:

October 22nd, 8:07 pm

looks awesome!!

MaKTaiL said:

October 22nd, 8:08 pm

That was just……………………………………………………….. crap.

xKakashi209x said:

October 22nd, 8:08 pm

This is awesome I can’t wait to catch it midnight. Also, the beta is to addicting .

Xcaligamer1 said:

October 22nd, 8:08 pm

disappointed lol but can appreciate the creativity and well it got people buzzing. mission accomplished i’d say

Arjmand said:

October 22nd, 8:10 pm

LET THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN BEGIN!!!

StormTimber said:

October 22nd, 8:11 pm

now… now i’m pumped. can’t wait

Butters360 said:

October 22nd, 8:11 pm

That was awesome! Please make that into a full feature film!

killercroc119 said:

October 22nd, 8:11 pm

Well, all those teasers were NOT worth the wait.
But it’s a cool trailer.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

October 22nd, 8:11 pm

amazing video, cant wait for the game :3

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

October 22nd, 8:12 pm

That was neat…. Would have liked to seen more characters in the short film. Still got my hopes up about a reveal.

BlackSpeed2x said:

October 22nd, 8:12 pm

MARVELOUSLY ULTIMATELY AWSOME O_o

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 22nd, 8:14 pm

that was really poor

Elvick_ said:

October 22nd, 8:14 pm

Pfft, anyone thinking it was going to be anything other than an ad didn’t pay attention to the last time they did the exact same thing.

Your fault. Use your brain.

Just wish Sony put effort into advertising something worth their time. Game is a disgrace.

snakeeyes211 said:

October 22nd, 8:14 pm

I was hoping it was the announcement of a price cut so the play station 3 to be competitive this holiday season oh well I guess another third-place for PlayStation as much as I love the PS Brande I think the marketing guys are doing such a bad job I mean the trailers amazing but they should be focusing on cutting the price on their existing models if they need somebody to work for them I’ll gladly work for them just for peanuts

Gamer5501 said:

October 22nd, 8:16 pm

finally Sony promotes a game. I always know about them but its about time they start making commercials for their games so they can you know, sell

snakeeyes211 said:

October 22nd, 8:16 pm

I was hoping it was the announcement of a price cut so the play station 3 to be competitive this holiday season oh well I guess another third-place for PlayStation as much as I love the PS Brande I think the marketing guys are doing such a bad job I mean the trailers amazing but they should be focusing on cutting the price on their older models if they need somebody to work for them I’ll gladly work for them just for peanuts

aro52 said:

October 22nd, 8:18 pm

And why isn’t this airing during Monday Night Football and the baseball playoffs . . . ? !

BlooodyCow said:

October 22nd, 8:19 pm

Lame.
Where is Cloud?
Where is Snake?
Two of the most iconic PlayStation/Gameing characters of all time but instead we get Emo Dante and Raiden. Emo Dante from Capcom who treat PlayStation games like a Red-Head-Step-Child

KazeEternal said:

October 22nd, 8:19 pm

umm…. while this is cool and all this is something that should have been done to unveil the game to the world, not show us a game we’ve already seen and are waiting patiently for that releases a month from now.

This was kind of a “ooooo I wonder what they are going to show us that we don’t know about” and then having the carpet yanked out from underneath us.

Kudos on quality, but fail on timing.

BlooodyCow said:

October 22nd, 8:20 pm

@Elvick_
Explain how this game is a disgrace?

barker09 said:

October 22nd, 8:22 pm

This was actually pretty awesome. Lol @ anyone who expected more than a trailer.

GranpireV said:

October 22nd, 8:25 pm

Well that was… boring. When do teasers ever actually mean anything?

GT_168 said:

October 22nd, 8:28 pm

The “Boko” tattoo on the lady’s foot when watching the third teaser signifies a chocobo does it not?

MushThePainter said:

October 22nd, 8:31 pm

Put this on TV !! A little disappointed like others I was expecting something more like the final boss reveal? Different modes? More level matchups, secret unlockable characters? Either way, after playing the beta I am sold on this game, good work Superbot

Nath_gamer said:

October 22nd, 8:38 pm

Does that mean that this video here is the full thing or is it still to come at midnight??? In any case that was freaking awesome!!!

aro52 said:

October 22nd, 8:41 pm

Um, BlooodyCow, that was Nathan Drake (Uncharted) and Cole MacGrath (inFamous).

Logan22 said:

October 22nd, 8:44 pm

If this game had all the characters from the original Michael ad (which I first thought WAS an ad for a Sony fighting game) along with the fan requests (Crash, Cloud, Spyro) the universe would just explode.

Its gonna take a lot of DLC to make that ultimate game happen.

Logan22 said:

October 22nd, 8:48 pm

@22 Me and many others DID see the Michael ad as the first Battle Royale trailer/announcement. It just wasn’t official and it was vague while being incredibly ambitious looking.

D-Squad3 said:

October 22nd, 8:49 pm

So I guess Lightning and Snake left the bar? DISAPPOINTED!!!

Where’s my boy Cloud at? Is Snake just hiding with his Octocamo?

guitarded77 said:

October 22nd, 8:51 pm

Gots mine pre-ordered… cross-buy baby.

PS: The sister with the typewriter is hot. Out.

BlooodyCow said:

October 22nd, 8:52 pm

@aro52 on
I know silly. I have all those games :)
I was wishing for Cloud and Snake to be reveal since they are two of my favorite characters :)

KidCommando said:

October 22nd, 9:01 pm

That was awesome in a real geeky way. oh little Sackboy made me lol.

Looking forward to watching the short film and all the haters here will be watchin’ too! …HA!

The beta got me hooked.

BATTLEEEE

Zezzler said:

October 22nd, 9:03 pm

So… it’s 9:02 PST… where is the full film?

freshprincepbg said:

October 22nd, 9:03 pm

Come up with all the cool commercials you want, no more characters = No buy!!!

You guys can’t be serious with this roster…

remanutd5 said:

October 22nd, 9:05 pm

I love sackboy but he was so out of place in that video lol.

remanutd5 said:

October 22nd, 9:07 pm

ok the tying is definitely Lombax, are the keys from MediEvil? is the Sword from Heavenly Sword?

Ryumoau said:

October 22nd, 9:08 pm

@16 god, what are going on about now?

Anyway, i felt the beta for this game was kinda underwhelming. The limited roster is disappointing as well. I’m waiting to hear more about the single player content in the game.

Brawl had an interesting story mode and tons of collectibles to keep you occupied, despite having a crappy online mode.
I know Sony character’s don’t have quite the history of Nintendo’s (especially since alot of the characters in the game are from the ps3 era), but i’m hoping they packed something in for people to do outside of just multiplayer.

I have the game preordered at gamestop for now, but i’m waiting to hear if the psn release will have a Plus discount before i fully pay off the retail version.

GhostMachine1 said:

October 22nd, 9:10 pm

THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!! AHHHH!

Ryumoau said:

October 22nd, 9:10 pm

Also weird that Lightening from FF XIII was shown in the original Michael trailer but no mention of any FF characters at all in this game. I’ve even seen a screenshot of Cloud in that original trailer but i didn’t catch him when i watched it originally.

DarkAmaterasu77 said:

October 22nd, 9:12 pm

@C_Dalke why do people have to complain and whine about EVERYTHING!? I mean first people complained that Playstation commercials suck and Sony need to do better but now that they’re doing better you complain how people were expecting blah blah blah.. gosh dude stop whining like a b!tch

D-Squad3 said:

October 22nd, 9:12 pm

It’s already pass 9 PST. What the heck?

Godchild1020 said:

October 22nd, 9:13 pm

I love that live action trailer. But what is with the chick and her cocking the gun back? Is see suppose to be a fighter or some reference to the game and if so, in what way?

riderz1337 said:

October 22nd, 9:14 pm

Cmon Sony make me proud.

Zezzler said:

October 22nd, 9:16 pm

@Ryumoau
It’s not that weird that lightning isn’t in the game. If you are simply going by the micheal ad, then you could also argue that Issac Clarke, Ghost, Agent 47, Snake, little sister and more have to be in the game.

That Ad never once said that “these characters are in our new unannounced game”

The5rozos said:

October 22nd, 9:17 pm

@44, sorry but I think that’s the whole video. It’s just officially airing at 9…?

The5rozos said:

October 22nd, 9:18 pm

I knew it was going to be a trailer, I just wish it was going to be something new… As in new characters. The Amazon site’s description still says ‘play with over 20 characters’ so I still have some hope.

D-Squad3 said:

October 22nd, 9:23 pm

@48 I just realize it is possible the whole video but the way they said it was ****ing stupid.

” The film will debut tonight on YouTube at Midnight EST (9:00PM PST), but we wanted to give the PlayStation Nation an advanced”

Why say that the film will debut at midnight (9 PST) on youtube and show it to us early using the youtube link? Really stupid wording right there >_>

PAGE 1 2 3