Paragon

Oct 28

Oct 28

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

I just peeked at this week’s complete list of new releases (which will publish here in a few hours), and it’s doozy. Two great Assassin’s Creed titles, a new Need for Speed on both PS3 and PS Vita (Burnout fans will love this game), the HD remake of one of my favorite games of all time, and actually a lot more. Forget Halloween, October 30th should be a national holiday this year.

Oh, and if you’re watching football this afternoon, keep an eye out for the Assassin’s Creed III Liberation/PS Vita commercial, which will debut today.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of October 22nd, 2012)

Add Your Own

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 28th, 9:30 am

ACIII during a hurricane….why???

Useless_Person said:

October 28th, 9:47 am

Hi Jeff, is Okami HD still scheduled to come out this week?

Undrey said:

October 28th, 10:02 am

Remote play Vita for any game coming soon? I know you can’t answer this, but I’ve been waiting since I love playing GOW on my Vita and would love the to play the Sly Collection on my Vita via RP.

Sonicfan11589 said:

October 28th, 10:54 am

hope everyone is prepared for Hurricane Sandy, i’m right now charging all my portable systems. Stay safe everyone.

Sonicfan11589 said:

October 28th, 10:56 am

If u guys can answer, I’m sure the answer is yes, but will there be more PSone Classics down the road, i would love to see a lot of the games that Europe has already, Gex: Enter the Gecko, Fear Effect 1 and 2, Tomb Raider: Chronicles (YES, i realize they are all from the same company)

Sonicfan11589 said:

October 28th, 10:57 am

And please give more controller options for the PSone Classics on Vita, such as having the right analog stick be used as another set of buttons for each direction. It’s hard to play games like Tomb Raider 3 and 4 and Resident Evil 3 on the Vita.

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 28th, 10:59 am

btw I heard All-Stars supports Cross Controller but does the beta? if so how?

thebiglouie said:

October 28th, 11:15 am

re: article about Jeopardy contestants not knowing about games:

A few months ago, there was a category for video games. Two of the answers were Ratchet & Clank and the Vita. No one answered those. : /

GhostMachine1 said:

October 28th, 11:19 am

@7 It’s not a “cross controller” it’s cross play. Just accept a friend request sent from the PS3 to the vita (or vice versa) than you’re in.

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 28th, 11:58 am

@GhostMachine1
Ya Ive done that but in a video from SuperBot they said you can play with a VIta friend locally meaning cross controller. Theres also vids up there with cross controller. Im guessing this is for the full game though. So Ive been using online instead.

Butters360 said:

October 28th, 12:13 pm

We’ve also got the Zone of the Enders HD Collection with the Metal Gear Rising demo! National gaming day it is!

Tahldon said:

October 28th, 12:50 pm

@ #11 – Butters360

Wait, Zone of the Enders HD Collection is out this week as well?? All systems, including Vita?

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 28th, 1:04 pm

@12
Not for Vita yet I’m afraid.

dlhdav7 said:

October 28th, 1:29 pm

i wish tuesday would get here so i can download my nfs most wanted !!!!

Butters360 said:

October 28th, 1:39 pm

@ Tahldon

Zone of the Enders HD collection hits Tuesday. Its been announced for PlayStation Vita but no release date on that yet.

Butters360 said:

October 28th, 1:41 pm

By the way, anyone know what the going rate is on perfect mint conditions of PS2 Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2: The 2nd Runner on eBay? Need to sell those…

TANZEB123 said:

October 28th, 1:55 pm

Man I’m just tearing up when i read that Spyro article on GameInformer. T_T. Those were some good times.

hrcrowley said:

October 28th, 3:09 pm

Fantastic news about PS+! Though I’ve complained form time to time about US/EU titles I still love and support the program; easily the best deal in gaimg today (for me at least). Just wish there was more awareness in the market of this….

digeythedog said:

October 28th, 3:55 pm

Can’t wait for the 30th getting ACIII liberation! Any news about mulitplaer on that?
Hope PlayStation Store is ready for an insane amount of people.

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 28th, 8:11 pm

@19
The MP is not a true AC experience but rather just a game of Risk tailored to Vita.