God of War

Oct 29

Oct 29

Assassin’s Creed III, ACIII Liberation Launch Tomorrow with PlayStation Exclusives

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar Posted by Community Developer, Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed III Liberation for PS Vita - box artAssassin's Creed III for PS3 - box art

The time has come, PlayStation Assassins! We are very pleased to announce that both Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed III Liberation will be available tomorrow on PS3 and PS Vita, respectively.

To celebrate, we’d first like to draw your attention to our Assassin’s Creed III launch trailer, which you can watch below!

As an exciting bonus for our PlayStation Assassins, PS3 players will get day-one access to four exclusive missions at no extra cost. The bonus missions cover one of the most dastardly betrayals in American history: the treachery of Benedict Arnold! We don’t want to give too much away, but fortunately we have a trailer that goes over a few key details…

Starting tomorrow afternoon with the PlayStation Store update, PS3 owners will be able to download the four PlayStation-exclusive missions (note: you may have to play up to a certain progress point in the main game in order to actually access them). To redeem the content, access the main menu, select Extras and then Additional content, press Triangle and redeem the voucher code found in the PS3 game case.

If you own both ACIII and ACIII Liberation, you’re in for even more bonus content in the form of bonus Cross Content! For going all-in on ACIII and ACIII Liberation, you’ll instantly earn an exclusive ACIII wallpaper for your PS3! You’ll unlock even more bonuses in Liberation, including:

• Aveline can use Connor’s trademark Tomahawk
  • Special multiplayer character to give you an edge on PS Vita
  • Instant upgrade to Aveline’s ammunition pouches
  • An entire mission playable as Connor!

To unlock the Cross-Connectivity content on your PS Vita, follow these steps:

1. Turn on both systems.
  2. Start the game.
  3. In the Main Menu, choose “Extras.”
  4. Tap on “Connect to PS3™ system.”
  5. Wait for the consoles to communicate.
  6. You will be notified that your content is available to use.

Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation: Cross Play ContentAssassin's Creed III Liberation for PS Vita - Connor's Tomahawk

It’s a great time to be a PlayStation Assassin! So what are you still doing here? Get out there and start taking advantage of all of the extra bonus content you get to enjoy just for choosing Sony!

Assassin’s Creed III: Interactive Trailer

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

waylander90232 said:

October 29th, 2:13 pm

So I probably missed this somewhere but….If I bought the game on PSN already, do I get the exclusive PS3 content? If so, how do I access this content.

Thank You….Can Not Wait :)

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

October 29th, 4:00 pm

If you pre-ordered the game off PSN, yes you’ll receive the Benedict Arnold missions :) When you go to download the game, it should automatically download if you hit “download all”, otherwise it should be in your download list.

XCrownedClownX said:

October 29th, 2:17 pm

My copy of Liberation actually came in the mail TODAY! Was pleasantly surprised. Haven’t started playing yet… I won’t get banned or something for playing it before release date will I? =/

nikrel said:

October 29th, 2:18 pm

I am with question #1. I have purchased the AC3 PS3/PSVita bundle, do we access the extra content like the physical ver of the game? How do we enter the code for the bonus missions? Could this be clarified?

Thanks so much, really hope we do not miss out on the extra content from going digital.

peronperon- said:

October 29th, 2:20 pm

“To redeem the content, access the main menu, select Extras and then Additional content, press Triangle and redeem the voucher code found in the PS3 game case.”

And those who bought it digitally?

CASTERTROY said:

October 29th, 2:20 pm

If I buy from psn can I play game at midnight?

DaWolf619 said:

October 29th, 2:20 pm

So no midnight launch? Hulk Sad. :(

Anbu_kurosaki said:

October 29th, 2:21 pm

Yes please tell use how we will get our content since we bought the bundle on psn?

Kchow23 said:

October 29th, 2:22 pm

Can we finally find out what the AC3: Liberation Multiplayer will be like or do we have to find out tomorrow?

neoprime33 said:

October 29th, 2:27 pm

I bought AC3 from PSN and the game card for Liberation; where do I find the code for the PSN AC3 like everyone else? Thx…

CASTERTROY said:

October 29th, 2:30 pm

Can you play this game at midnight from psn?

Ryuhza said:

October 29th, 2:33 pm

So why don’t we have an Assassin in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale? They’ve been so nice to Playstation recently, and Connor or Aveline would fit right in.

Bcrazyman said:

October 29th, 2:34 pm

cant wait this game! i love part 2! cnt wait for this on the psn!

Yuranium said:

October 29th, 2:36 pm

Its finally here! im kind of excited to play the naval battle
@1 and @3 psn version do get the extra content and not sure how u get it but im guessing u can download it along with the game

NEKORBSMAERD said:

October 29th, 2:37 pm

ScreamAimFire999 said:

October 29th, 2:38 pm

Two questions.

1) Will I still get the exclusive content if I bought Assassin’s Creed 3 on the PlayStation Store?
2) Will Assassin’s Creed 3 be available on the PlayStation Store at midnight?

NEKORBSMAERD said:

October 29th, 2:39 pm

THIS LINK IS TO THE AC3 LIBERATION MULTIPLAY

ness430gamer said:

October 29th, 2:44 pm

@15
2# no when the store updates

CASTERTROY said:

October 29th, 2:45 pm

Can I but this from psn at midnight?

NEKORBSMAERD said:

October 29th, 2:45 pm

@18 You can buy it know

Death8u4u said:

October 29th, 2:46 pm

For the people that keep asking, there will NOT be a midnight release for the game. They stated in this very post that it will be available for download tomorrow after the store has updated, which is usually in the afternoon or early evening.

As far as people downloading it and still getting the DLC, I’m fairly certain the DLC will be included in the actual download, or it will include a voucher for it in some form. Not that I actually know that, but I’d assume they wouldn’t screw over the PSN store purchases by forgetting the DLC.

CASTERTROY said:

October 29th, 2:47 pm

Dam that sucks if I have wait all day… I’ll buy from Gamestop

NEKORBSMAERD said:

October 29th, 2:48 pm

lisatsunami said:

October 29th, 2:51 pm

In theory, I can pick up my Vita Liberation bundle @ Gamestop’s midnight launch but I’ll wait until daylight. So excited to play both games. Thanks for the instructions on how to link them, I needed that!

BTW, even my stodgy non-gamer co-worker has heard about ACIII so Ubi must be doing something right!
I guess Ubi knows how excited American gamers are for these new Assassins.

DaNTi3L said:

October 29th, 2:56 pm

i am on the east near Boston i just hope things calmn down here by tomorrow so i can go pick up my copies of the game if not i will be very sad

neuropunk said:

October 29th, 2:56 pm

Why do people like these sucky games with super clunky combat and horrible story, again? Play one Ass Creed game and you have played them all. Oh and these games are all the same, and suffer from the Clod of Dooty effect since both series are milked to death.

moo moooooooo mooo mooooooooooooooo

Godchild1020 said:

October 29th, 3:06 pm

Hurricane Sandy is one bad….. I might not be able to download this or get the games I want from Gamestop tomorrow, all because of her.

Nice to to know how to obtain the bonus content for both AC3 and AC3:L.

jerryshood said:

October 29th, 3:06 pm

does anyone know how much gb is the download of assassins creed 3?

lisatsunami said:

October 29th, 3:09 pm

@neuropunk: everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not everyone has the good manners to refrain from denigrating other people’s tastes.

I know you love Dark Souls. I do, too. Just beat Knight Artorias last night & he was a tough S.O.B. But I also love the stealth options in the AC series. I have all of them, including the PSP one. I disagree with you about the controls & the story.

JimmyHACK said:

October 29th, 3:14 pm

it’s 12 gig, you can buy/download (preload) game now. CAN NOT PLAY YET! It unlocks early am so no waiting for some late store update. People wanting to know about missions for digital, they will be in extras menu, no code.

jerryshood said:

October 29th, 3:20 pm

thanks but what is preload

kcurlsjr said:

October 29th, 3:20 pm

The description of AC3 on the EU Playstation store is a bit more descriptive than that of the US one (maybe because they are rocking the new updated layout?). Across the pond they seem to be getting a pre order bonus mission called “A Dangerous Secret”. Can those of us that pre-ordered on PSN here in the US also expect this bonus? Or is this just another thing to add to the growing list of discrepancies between the two stores?

JimmyHACK said:

October 29th, 3:27 pm

jerryshood, if you buy the preorder now, you can download the game now, it wont let you launch it until unlock time though. this way you dont have to wait and download it later.

Winscar_Shinobi said:

October 29th, 3:27 pm

Wow the US doesn’t get the option to preload the game.

And I has a hurricane so I just gotta hope my power stays on for me to download it. All local gamestops and most stores are closed until Thursday.

Also: CAN’T WAIT.

JimmyHACK said:

October 29th, 3:29 pm

kcurlsjr, dangerous secret is the 4 missions for ps3, any ps3 version anyone buys you will get these missions.

JimmyHACK said:

October 29th, 3:32 pm

uh oh, Winscar_Shinobi may be right, not 100% on the US preload option, I know EU can

jerryshood said:

October 29th, 3:32 pm

Winscar_Shinobi so you get that option with the new psn store that’s pretty cool can wait for the update in us thanks!

Blood-Pudding said:

October 29th, 3:37 pm

Dear GABRIEL GRAZIANI

Could you clarify these questions, please?:

1. Can you predownload the game from PSN right now?

2. Does the game unlock at midnight. –The post says the Free DLC MISSIONS will be available tomorrow with the store update but does NOT specify the game AC:III itself, which one can find on the store and purchase now.

kcurlsjr said:

October 29th, 3:37 pm

#35

I don’t think you are correct.

kysbeth said:

October 29th, 3:52 pm

Is there a midnight release? oh well, i guess i’ll wait til 8 o’clock tomorrow to download and install it. so I i’ll be playing sometime around midnight.

AgentX said:

October 29th, 3:53 pm

I’ve been looking forward to both of these games for a long time!

Although I’ve got both games preordered, I’m unsure if I’ll actually be able to obtain them tomorrow, due to the hurricane that’s bearing down on us now. As soon as the weather clears up, though, I’ll make my way to the store to take them home. Hopefully the game exceeds everyone’s expectations.

Kneppy18 said:

October 29th, 4:00 pm

Let’s stop feeding the troll. I, for one, am slightly disappointed in how PS is handling the pre-order. Why is EU aloud to pre-load when east coast US has to wait until probably close to 8pm to even start downloading? At least West Coasters will have their store updated at a more reasonable local time. I have off tomorrow due the the hurricane, but I have to be up very early Wednesday to go to work so I won’t be able to do anything with it until Wednesday evening…

Lash_Whipwreck said:

October 29th, 4:02 pm

i know people have asked this question and like them i want an answer , will the game be out at midnight for people.

Death8u4u said:

October 29th, 4:09 pm

“Why is EU aloud to pre-load when east coast US has to wait until probably close to 8pm to even start downloading?”

As far as I know, it is because they have the new store. It sounds like pre-ordering games for the PSN through the new store allows for users to pre-install their purchases with an unlock being released at midnight by the company rather than Sony.

Astro411 said:

October 29th, 4:12 pm

The game will NOT be available at midnight on PSN, and the option to download the game early is only for the EU and it has nothing to do with the new store, pre-download is available for all pre-orders on EU store and has been since the pre-orders were put up.

It’s just us in the US that don’t get this treatment but hopefully it’ll be a standard in the future.

lisatsunami said:

October 29th, 4:16 pm

I hope those of you in Hurricane Sandy’s path can at least take some comfort in playing these great games. I bought the Vita external battery & an UPS power supply for times like this (well, we don’t get hurricanes on the West coast but for other things). Gamers gotta game.

cman199 said:

October 29th, 4:20 pm

SO MUCH TO DO TOMARROW IF GAMESTOP IS OPEN CAUSE I GOT COMPLICATIONS WITH HURRICANE SANDY! I GOTTA GET MY EXCLUSIVE MISSIONS THEN CROSS CONNECT MY AC3L WITH MY AC3!!!!! THANK YOU UBISOFT FOR MAKING A KILLER GAME AND FOR GIVING PLAYSTATION EXTRA BONUS CONTENT!!

NEKORBSMAERD said:

October 29th, 4:23 pm

For everyone that does not no AC3 liberation MULTIPLAYER is A CARD STRATAGEY GAME IT IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE “BROTHERHOOD” OR “REVELATIONS” IT IS A STRATEGEY BASED GAME WHERE YOU TRY TO CONQOUR CITIES THERE IS NO ACTUAL GAMEPLAY INVOLVED SAD TO SAY BUT I BET THE CARD GAME WILL BE FUN IM EXITED TO PLAY IT AND AM NOT DISSIPOINTED IN ANYWAY REALLY!!!!!!!

Josh1billion said:

October 29th, 4:50 pm

Is a midnight release happening for the digital release of AC III?

KrisButtar said:

October 29th, 5:04 pm

im so trying to pick my copy at midnight, :) about the Benedict Arnold missions bonus, how big of a download is it

magekioman said:

October 29th, 5:08 pm

Please reply! I use two accounts one for my vita and the other one for ps3. For the Cross-Connectivity to work do i need to be on the same account on both systems?

PAGE 1 2 3