Farpoint

Nov 01

Nov 01

PlayStation Blogcast 049: Podcast in Distress

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

Today’s show was a delight. Not only were we graced with the inimitable presence of GamesRadar Reviews Editor Sterling McGarvey, we had a lot of time to talk about games. Big games (Assassin’s Creed III), small games (the fascinating PID), fast games (Vanquish), slow games (XCOM: Enemy Unknown), thinking-man’s games (Portal 2 In Motion), twitch games (When Vikings Attack), even unfinished games (The Unfinished Swan).

Videogames. What would we do without ’em? Probably read a book like some kind of savage.

In other news, we’re rapidly approaching the Blogcast‘s one-year anniversary. Have any ideas for the big day? Leave them in the comments and mark your calendars for November 15th!

Stuff We Talked About

• PID
  • Portal 2 In Motion
  • When Vikings Attack
  • Rygar
  • Assassin’s Creed III and Liberation
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted
  • Breaking into Videogame Criticism
  • Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Jeff RubensteinOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Sterling McGarvey

The Cast

Add Your Own

Butters360 said:

November 1st, 5:23 pm

Great episode. PlayStation Blogcast Episode 050 next week! Great job guys!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:08 am

Thanks Butters! (^_^)

MakoSOLIDER said:

November 1st, 5:24 pm

unfinished games? Oh so I’m sure Skyrim was brought up a lot :)

scataraman said:

November 1st, 5:57 pm

GAMESRADAR IS ONE WORD HUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAGGHHHGGGGGRHHHHHFUUUHHHHHH

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:09 am

Oops! Now fixing

Naritubr said:

November 1st, 6:02 pm

Is zoe Comeing for PSN ???

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:09 am

Not as of yet, not aware of plans to release on PSN.

jeffsmither said:

November 1st, 6:07 pm

Can You out on this podcast blog the email to end tips and question to.

NINEblademanNINE said:

November 1st, 6:08 pm

Hey Sid, thanks for the Voucher codes from last episode but they don’t work. Did they expire or something like that? I sent you back a return email about it already.

jeffsmither said:

November 1st, 6:09 pm

**EDIT** Can You out on this podcast blog the email to send tips and question to.

Elvick_ said:

November 1st, 6:37 pm

The new store is beyond horrendous. Even worse than I had imagined.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:10 am

What would you like to see address?

TERMINATOR543 said:

November 1st, 6:45 pm

I have already sent my ideas for the 50th episode via email earlier this week. Not sure but you guys may have mentioned them in this episode.

Folklore_Legendz said:

November 1st, 6:46 pm

please advertise your games and the vita, i want to see comercials in my tv about how awesome the vita is and the games it has (just this month it had more game than any of the three consoles). i don’t want to be the only one having a ps vita in my neighborhood (see the potential it has on delivering games experiences that other handhelds can’t) just because my friends don’t know “what is a vita?”.

Brink-2-Chaos said:

November 1st, 7:04 pm

Noice Cast

clupula668 said:

November 1st, 7:20 pm

Nothing about Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus? That’s probably the title I’m most looking forward to.

Ryumoau said:

November 1st, 7:50 pm

was there an unannounced psn maintenance today? It took me over an hour and a half to log into psn, and when i did my friends list was loading very slowly. It seems to be loading normally now though.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:11 am

We were having some slow access times to PSN, but that should be resolved now. You can follow us on Twitter to get late-breaking news such as this: http://twitter.com/playstation

CIA-Agent said:

November 1st, 8:25 pm

holy cow! IT ONLY TOOK 6 YEARS, TO THE DAY, TO FIX THE LOGIN ELEMENT SO I COULD POST THIS FROM MY PS3 BROWSER & NOT ANOTHER SOURCE (such as a laptop or pc)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:11 am

Glad to hear it works!

nirojan45 said:

November 1st, 8:41 pm

Hey did anyone else get the new store today? Looks and navigates pretty cool. But alot of my TV shows are missing or the download list only shows the SD version. When i go to the TV channel it ask me to repurchase it again? WTF!?!?!?!

camiwaits_us said:

November 1st, 8:53 pm

Oh, man, i’ve been wanting to try Vanquish for a while. I hope the price is closer to 20 than to 30.

crazy_kracker1 said:

November 1st, 9:03 pm

I noticed that this was the only thing posted on the blog Today…

Kchow23 said:

November 1st, 9:10 pm

@15 I thought I was the only one… looks very sleek, but it is a bit slow and the PSP and PS Vita channels need some work.

StealthReborn-- said:

November 1st, 9:50 pm

Detuned? Wow, I could’ve sworn that was Sound Shapes. Very close resemblance imo. Ah well. =)

Then again I think if it was Sound Shapes your inbox would’ve overloaded. =P

NinjaNabs said:

November 1st, 10:23 pm

What about Black ops 2? If you don’t talk about Black ops 2 in the next podcast, i will never click on one of your podcasts again. You will lose one person who cares about games. So, please talk about Black ops 2 in the podcast prior to the release. I really wanna hear your thoughts on it.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 2nd, 10:13 am

I’m trying to find out new details about the Zombies mode!

CHRISRHODE2004 said:

November 1st, 11:46 pm

GREAT blogcast….btw i went to visit the store tonight and it required the 4.3.1 update….so i performed and now i cannot access store at all. Anyone else having this issue….??

Kchow23 said:

November 2nd, 12:30 am

No kidding? 1 year already!!! D:

How about gathering up Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica folk and doing a live stream blogcast?

AstrOmicron said:

November 2nd, 12:32 am

Where’s the info on PS+ for Vita?

I’m holding out on purchases for the new releases until I know if they’ll be discounted and it’s KILLING ME!

Kchow23 said:

November 2nd, 12:32 am

Something PS All stars related should be in order for the 15th tho! only 5 days from the release… bring on Seth Killian and how about a new theme song. :)

Kchow23 said:

November 2nd, 12:44 am

Potential Guests: Giantbombers, Insomniacs, Seth Killian, Naughty Dogs, Sony Santa Monica folk, Dan Amrich and Aram Jabbari or the glorious return of Farm Stale!

snakeeyes211 said:

November 2nd, 6:09 am

The new psn store is up in the US

Elvick_ said:

November 2nd, 6:09 am

Oh and having the “All New Content” under the “New on PS3” tab is stupid.

Whoever organized this fail store should be fired. How does that make sense? Oh right, it doesn’t. Since if you’re looking to see all new crap, you wouldn’t go looking in a section for the PS3. You’d expect that to be on the main list.

Like it should be. And the store keeps crashing on me. Can’t even download a theme, which requires you download it right away. I still don’t understand why those can’t be background downloaded.

Ryumoau said:

November 2nd, 7:10 am

@20 they’ve got to talk about it next week. Since its 2 weeks away. I promise they will. :)

Hugo_Mundo said:

November 2nd, 7:10 am

Hi guys, when we’re going to see any news about the Plus coming to Ps Vita?

Ryumoau said:

November 2nd, 7:11 am

Also noticed that the new psn store seems to be available, but i’m awaiting an official announcement here on the PS Blog before i download it. Though the reception for hasn’t been very positive.

Capn-Clank said:

November 2nd, 7:17 am

Hope we get some nice stuff on ps plus tuesday :3 like….the cool stuff europe is getting xD

Ryumoau said:

November 2nd, 7:40 am

@29 i was hoping we would hear something yesterday, so they could be ready to impliment it next tuesday. But it seems like it will be later on in the month.

Recon19D3 said:

November 2nd, 8:27 am

Well, here we go again.

EU Plus members get Crysis 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.

US Plus members get a couple of discounts.

I wouldn’t care if all we got was 1 discount for as little as we pay, but this seperation is beyond stupid at this point. I’ve been holding off but I think now I will not renew my service.

D-Squad3 said:

November 2nd, 10:46 am

Finally experienced the new store and it sucks

Where are the tabs for new releases? New avatars? New themes?

The loading is horrendous. It stutters, the framerate isn’t stable. OMFG

SiloEyes said:

November 2nd, 11:06 am

Great podcast! Enjoying AC3 quite a bit myself. Surprised to see Sterling on as a guest; I was a fan from back during his G4 Feedback days. I got a chance to meet him at E3 couple years ago and he’s a cool guy.

Elvick_ said:

November 2nd, 12:46 pm

@33: We already had/have All 4 One.

@34: New releases is under the New On PS3 section for some reason. Should be one of the top options on the game tab/section.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 2nd, 1:04 pm

Wow I just got the update for the new store and didnt like it it LOOKS like NETFIX store SoRRy Guys i dislike it !!! NO MORE BLU IM OLD SCHOOL set it BACK LOL

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

November 2nd, 1:12 pm

WHATS UP WITH THE $20 ARE WE GOIN TO GET IT SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvick_ said:

November 2nd, 2:10 pm

Lol, store gets better and better. Smart As Demo is in the Hot on PSP Section. Can’t see + discounts on the ps3’s featured page. Eyes aren’t easily able to find information due to the lame inconsistent “flashy” design.

I hope you guys are ashamed, because you should be.

Darren_ said:

November 2nd, 3:48 pm

I like the new design, I think it’l put good content and deals at the forefront, however I’ll feel bad for the smaller games and DLC that will probably get buried. Also, my biggest concern is that there is no Playstation Plus section. I just got + recently and now I don’t know where I can get a backlog of all the deals currently on. Still think it’s a great job though although a little catering for the subscribers would be nice. I’ll wait though :)

lisatsunami said:

November 2nd, 4:00 pm

Well, I haven’t updated yet, but I saw the new store on my euro acct & said this was not something you all should be clamoring for. I’ll update tonight & see for myself.

The US store was just fine the way it was, except for the unwieldy download list.
    Please don’t mess up the XMB by “updating” it, too.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Smert_ said:

November 2nd, 6:17 pm

@6 You got your voucher codes? My email was read on last weeks blogcast but I haven’t received anything yet- starting to worry

B-Badd said:

November 3rd, 7:52 am

Love the blogcast, it’s becoming one of the best sources of PlayStation news. I’m A PS Vita fanboy and can’t wait for plus to be fully released on the system, so when will it happen? I can’t wait to have the cloud backup service!

darkspartan86 said:

November 8th, 4:41 pm

Great show guys loved every second as usual. Mr. Shuman thank you for giving me the push needed to get myself a bigger hard drive for my ps3. I feel like I can actually breath now and not worry about deleting content when something new comes along.

NinjaNabs said:

November 8th, 11:29 pm

@Sid Shuman Just tell your thoughts on the game and your expectations. You don’t need to gather new info.