Knack 2

Nov 13

Nov 13

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita Available Next Week – Take the Tour

Don Mesa's Avatar Posted by Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

During Tokyo Game Show we announced that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita in November. We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).

I teamed up with Ray Bautista, Product Manager of Digital Platforms Strategic Planning to give you a sneak peek at the Instant Game Collection for PS Vita and all of the benefits and features that PS Plus has to offer. Today I’ll walk you through some of the other new features you can look forward to with the system software update, including an email app, the ability to transfer content wirelessly between your PS Vita and PC, and enhancements to the web browser.

With the addition of PS Plus, and such a great lineup of exclusive games launching by this holiday, now is the perfect time to purchase a PS Vita.

As Ray mentioned, PS Plus will offer exclusive discounts and bonus features for both PS Vita and PlayStation 3 members. In addition to online storage for game saves, automatic updates and Trophy synching, PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

Don’t forget that PS3 users with an existing PS Plus membership will be able to enjoy PS Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no additional cost. You will be able to choose between the two subscription options — a three month plan for $17.99 and a one year plan for $49.99.

For more information on System Software Updates, please visit this page, which will provide additional details on v2.00 when the update goes live.

PlayStation Plus on PS Vita

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 9 10 11

Hellman said:

November 17th, 7:19 am

This deal is insane! Finally going to get PS Plus next week! Great job sony!

mlomeara said:

November 17th, 11:56 am

Now if I could just afford a larger memory card I could be excited about this.

adidas_ir said:

November 17th, 1:10 pm

where is sound shape? :D
is it posible to discount for sound shape :(

vanidOSO_BEAR said:

November 17th, 4:31 pm

SUPER CAN’T WAIT!!! : D

vanidOSO_BEAR said:

November 17th, 4:32 pm

COOL CAN’T WAIT!!! : D

wolfpacleader86 said:

November 17th, 6:41 pm

I plan on getting another Vita soon, but also, I use my PS3 with a 650GB HDD as storage for the Vita as well. Since I’m already a Playstation Plus member, can I download the free Vita games to my PS3 and keep them there for transfer to my Vita?

cebolargUS said:

November 17th, 8:12 pm

Nice joob sony, we loved psn plus, ; )

Nightstick10 said:

November 17th, 9:41 pm

I don’t know if this question was answered but, does PS Vita update 2,0 make the PS3 see PS Vita users. I am trying to play my brothers because they live away from me. I have tried to play them Street Fighter x Tekken using my PS Vita while they plays the PS3 version and I can not add them to my game or any of my friends that have PS3’s because I am grayed out. I can only send them a message, but they can not see that I am online with my Vita. When will this be fixed I have checked all my settings and everything is correct but still having the same issue I hope this is resolved because it is bummer to not be able to play my brothers,

VERSSSE said:

November 17th, 10:31 pm

Bought an Assassins Creed Crystal White Vita bundle because of the Playstation Plus announcement. Such an awesome value with Plus launching, I dont even care that I found out the bundle will be $200 for black friday, that wouldve been awesome but I’m happy regardless.

It’s been great, the only thing that left me a tad bit sad are the analogs feel a little loose (its subtle). Anyway looking forward to Plus launching!

lowkee33 said:

November 18th, 10:46 am

This is awesome, I am very appreciative for this! I love my PS3 and my vita and plus just adds so much more to the experience. Thank you Sony for thinking of us! The only thing I will ask for is compatibility for the Metal gear games for the psp to work with the vita. But I am sure it will come in time so many Thanks!

UNHOLYxNbK said:

November 18th, 4:01 pm

Just activated plus membership and ordered a 16gb card online should which should arrive tomorow morning. Needless to say im excited for gravity rush and uncharted, kinda tired of only ACIII:L… But it is a good game though.

luiz0XD said:

November 18th, 4:51 pm

I got my vita recently and i am joining ps+ mostly because of gravity rush :3 but the other games dont seem bad either

WeskerEnd said:

November 18th, 7:17 pm

Thank you very, VERY MUCH Sony.

Soon you will have another owner of a Vita… a very happy one. Just awesome.

Nightstick10 said:

November 18th, 7:23 pm

I don’t know if this question was answered but, does PS Vita update 2,0 make the PS3 see PS Vita users. I am trying to play my brothers because they live away from me. I have tried to play them Street Fighter x Tekken using my PS Vita while they plays the PS3 version and I can not add them to my game or any of my friends that have PS3′s because I am grayed out. I can only send them a message, but they can not see that I am online with my Vita. When will this be fixed I have checked all my settings and everything is correct but still having the same issue I hope this is resolved because it is bummer to not be able to play my brothers,

archangelraziel1 said:

November 18th, 8:09 pm

It’s Nov. 19 and where’s the 2.0 update ?

birdyhands said:

November 18th, 9:55 pm

Hey, I dont mean this in a rude way but, it is currently 12:54am on november 19th 2012 and I try to update but it keeps saying the latest firmware is currently installed!

andreey_baron said:

November 18th, 11:02 pm

im waiting ,,,,,come on

Brynngar said:

November 18th, 11:22 pm

516 if you had bothered to actually read the article you would know the update goes live on the 20th. Not the 19th.

Brynngar said:

November 18th, 11:28 pm

And if through some quirk I am mistaken and it does come out Monday the 19th the update would not go live at 12:01 am it will probably not be live until around noon.

ShardYu said:

November 19th, 2:48 am

very nice! Well I guess I’ll be a PS Plus Member for a long long time :) thank you Sony! Thank you Playstation team! :D

foxzler said:

November 19th, 2:55 am

I wake up at 5 am and isn’t avaiable yet, the games will be avaiable today, november 19th too?

meisam12 said:

November 19th, 6:41 am

Today is 19th Nov!!!!
When does the v.2 upadate come?

Michzadood said:

November 19th, 7:41 am

que llegue el martes!!!!! toy loco por jugar Uncharted Y Gravity Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InSoHaPo said:

November 19th, 9:13 am

lol it’s funny when someone posts and says that something is going to happen when the blog clearly states something elce. If you read at the top of the page it clearly states “We are excited to reveal that PS Plus will be available on November 19th as part of the next PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00).” BUT then it goes on to say “PS Plus members will get access to the Instant Game Collection, a constantly updated library selection of games, starting when the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, November 20th.” So that means the update is out on the 19th but PS+ for PS Vita will start on the 20th.

cNote421 said:

November 19th, 9:24 am

When will the update be available today?

TennisLvr said:

November 19th, 9:29 am

I have one suggestion…I think it would be helpful if under each icon for the free games there would be the game size too…would help with planning ahead if our memory card/drive space is getting full.

swagsta01 said:

November 19th, 11:01 am

Does the 2.00 vita system update drop today?

Suma_Tairoru said:

November 19th, 11:27 am

This is great! I can cross gravity rush off a big game wish list. Plus I would be able to finally play war of the lions again ( my physical copy broke before I finished the game). Looking forward to what other games will come to the collection.

Juggal-O said:

November 19th, 1:11 pm

hello, could you please answer my question , I’ve been wondering for a long time now will all the psp games eventually be available for download on the vitas store because theirs quit a few psp games that ive purchased in the past that i still cant download .

Coolguy44556 said:

November 19th, 5:43 pm

I wish I had Ps plus

Lance_Wayne said:

November 19th, 8:23 pm

Mad props to the geniuses at Playstation working hard to provide the BEST ideas EVER! Preesh

Dubloon7 said:

November 20th, 9:26 am

@8: Don Mesa: “Can you download content in 2 PS3 and 1 PS vita?
You’re entitled to DRM on 2 home consoles and 2 portables.”

When i go into my account to modify the assigned systems i only see 3 systems total. When and were will we be able to see the 2 console and 2 handheld?

Thank you.

B_Rockyxx said:

November 21st, 8:58 am

Dear Sony,

When will we start seeing better app integration? Why do we have an app for friends, messaging, party and near? Can’t you combine some of those apps into one app to make it more convenient and productive? Friends + Messaging should be a no brainer, and even party could be integrated with those two as well. Please hire more innovative software developers (no offense) I beg of you, thanks in advance.

As for Near it is rather cool in its own way but it is still lacking. Hopefully you notice this and you are working diligently on it. A feature that would make it even cooler would be a community board. Here players within a city or state can post/rsvp on that board. This will allow for organized tournaments, with host (organizers) able to post and update tourneys and events, and players RSVP.

BattleaxeDawg said: