Final Fantasy XV

Nov 27

Nov 27

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Hits PS3 Today

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Fans of Ratchet & Clank, today is the big day! Ratchet, Clank and Captain Qwark embark on their newest adventure, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, which is available today for the PS3 system at retail and on PlayStation Store for a MSRP of $19.99!

As a special launch day treat, we’re sharing a few pieces of concept art which inspired the look, characters and environments that you’ll see in the game. We hope you enjoy checking them out!

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS VitaRatchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault on PS3 and PS Vita

This fun-sized adventure is one of the best values we’ve ever offered, featuring a campaign you can play single-player or in co-op (split screen or online). It’s classic Ratchet & Clank gameplay with a base defense twist. Even after you play it once, you’ll want to try again to improve your scores and times! On top of the campaign, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault has a new multiplayer mode that you can play 1v1 or 2v2. We’re really proud of it, and we’ve been working hard to bring additional skins as well as new bonus multiplayer maps to the game, and you can expect more details in the coming weeks.

Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Ratchet & Clank series this year has been a blast for all of us at Insomniac. From the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection, to playing the Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault beta with you, and even sharing the iam8bit Ratchet & Clank screenprint program (keep an eye on G4TV this week for the “making of” the first print, and a reveal of Print #2), it’s been a great year for Ratchet fans. All of our fans getting to celebrate the anniversary with a new game this week is the cherry on top. For a taste of the action, be sure to check out the free demo for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault which will be available for PS3 on PSN starting today.

See you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Ryumoau said:

November 27th, 10:09 am

Can’t wait to get this when the Store updates. I’m glad you guys are taking your time with the Vita version. I’ll buy the ps3 version today and await the Vita copy in january.

btw, I have only played Ratchet and Clank all 4 One and none of the main games. I hope its as fun as that game was and i’m not too confused with the controls.

November 27th, 10:27 am

Well, it’s a bit different than All 4 One, but you should definitely check it out.

You may also want to check out Tools of Destruction / Quest 4 Booty / A Crack in Time (the PS3 Future saga), as well as the HD Collection (HD remasters of the PS2 classics), when you have a chance. All are available at greatest-hits level prices. Lots of great games :-)

aelurio1980 said:

November 27th, 10:09 am

\o/ Purchase more than right. xD

Curtisio said:

November 27th, 10:10 am

I take it if you buy the PS3 version the Vita is included…. right?

November 27th, 10:31 am

Correct, if you buy at retail you can download through the Disc Features option on the PS3, if you buy on PSN, the Vita version is downloadable as well. You will be able to download the Vita version when it’s available in January 2013

Ryumoau said:

November 27th, 10:11 am

Also, i really wished the Ratchet and Clank collection had went on sale the last couple of weeks on psn store so i could play it before this game came out. Doesn’t sound like it will get a discount in todays update either. :(

November 27th, 10:31 am

Doh, there were so many black friday deals for it!

Axecution said:

November 27th, 10:12 am

EB Games Canada doesn’t have any copies! Oh well guess im waiting for the Playstation Store lol hopefully its an early one.

Im so excited for this srsly.

November 27th, 10:32 am

Doh. Sorry about that, we added the blu ray version late, so there may not be a lot of copies out there. That said we’ll keep supplying them as long as you all keep buying it!

DeviantBoi said:

November 27th, 10:18 am

I was gonna buy this game, but then I hear on the podcast that it was going to have DLC at launch, so I figured it was gonna be a game with a bunch of micro transactions. That might not be the case, but the damage has been done.

In any case, the game is being sent to die at retail. There has been little to no advertisement about it. In a couple of months, it’ll be up as a free game for PS+ members (they do love giving away free games in hopes that people spend money on the DLC).

November 27th, 10:33 am

We will have some DLC.

Skins / customization – Paid
    Brand new Maps and Modes – Free.

We hope that’s a fair compromise. We have LOTS of free support planned, which you should hopefully see a bit of by the end of the year and lots more come January/Feb.

KidCommando said:

November 27th, 10:23 am

The free games made me buy PS+.

PS+ coming to Vita made me buy a Vita.

FFA supporting cross-buy will make me buy this game.

damn you guys are sneaky mo-fo’s!! :P

November 27th, 10:33 am

Haha, well it works out. The game is worth buying on its own too!

etur0 said:

November 27th, 10:24 am

loved the video and I’ll be getting this game once I buy a new ps3

November 27th, 10:35 am

Thanks! We really appreciate your support!

MakoSOLIDER said:

November 27th, 10:25 am

Didn’t think I’d ever have to ask this for a cross-play game but now that AllStars didnt do it….will it be cross-trophies? Unlock on both systems or u have to do everything twice?

November 27th, 10:35 am

Not sure yet on that, actually

Prawper said:

November 27th, 10:26 am

When can we expect more details and news about Ratchet: Deadlocked HD? Since FFA is now released, are they’re any news about Deadlocked’s release date?

November 27th, 10:35 am

We’re focused on the launch of FFA right now, we’ll be back soon with Deadlocked info, but this week is all about Full Frontal!

Dubloon7 said:

November 27th, 10:28 am

Vita n00b question here: if i purchase the vita version, will i get the ps3 copy for free bundled? or is it ONLY “buy ps3 copy get vita copy for free”?

November 27th, 10:36 am

There is no retail version for Vita.

So if you buy the retail PS3 disc, you can download the game from the disc to Vita when it’s available in January.
    If you buy it on PSN, you can download both versions (though the Vita version, again will be available in January with no additional purchase).

Dustinwp said:

November 27th, 10:31 am

Sweet! My retail copy was just shipped! I would have bought the digital version but I think the retail copy will be right at home with the rest of my R&C retail collection. Thanks for offering the retail version along side digital one.

November 27th, 10:38 am

You’re welcome. We always want physical tangible copies of our games too, so its nice to provide that option to people who want the same

GGCAN said:

November 27th, 10:32 am

@ 3 – Curtisio

Did you actually read the article ?

“For those of you who also own a PlayStation Vita system, the game supports cross-buy, cross-save and competitive multiplayer cross-play. If you purchase Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version at no additional cost when available in January 2013.”

November 27th, 10:39 am

Well, usually when something seems too good to be true it is… but in this case, it is true (well, besides the whole January thing)

Dustinwp said:

November 27th, 10:32 am

Also, looking forward to my free Vita download! Thanks for that as well. :)

Souledge94 said:

November 27th, 10:32 am

I already preorderd.

November 27th, 10:39 am

Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy the game!

ImpurestCrowd said:

November 27th, 10:33 am

Ironically I saw this game on Black Friday and almost picked it up for $20 at Walmart but wanted to read reviews first since I’ve never played a R & C title before. It looks pretty good. I guess Walmart doesn’t listen to release dates for video games.

November 27th, 10:40 am

Yeah, it did sneak out there in some stores in all the insanity of the holiday shopping weekend

DrApollo said:

November 27th, 10:33 am

Can’t wait! Really looking forward to the tower defense stuff.

My 2 questions are:

Is there a Platinum Trophy?

Is there any platforming or puzzle-solving (ala Crack in Time) along side the Tower Defense game-play?

Thanks!

November 27th, 10:41 am

There is a platinum trophy and beyond that, this game has a regular game’s allotment of trophies/points.

There is hoverbooting and areas where you have to platform in the levels yes, though it’s more action-focused as a whole. No time puzzles.

professorportal8 said:

November 27th, 10:48 am

whats the file size for psn ? thanks

November 27th, 10:51 am

It’s a bit over 3GB I believe… though we’ll be adding maps for everyone in the coming months in the forms of patches that will expand that a bit.

nikrel said:

November 27th, 10:48 am

How will the co-op work? Is it vs waves of guys or is it competitive only?

I enjoy co-op vs waves better than competitive.

November 27th, 10:51 am

Co-op is the entire campaign. So you can both explore the levels, or one person can defend while the other scouts, etc.

Dubloon7 said:

November 27th, 10:49 am

great to see someone actually responding to the comments in this thread. goes to show how much some companies really care for their cusumers, and not just their wallets. Kudos to you guys at Insomniac!

November 27th, 11:03 am

You guys are what makes us strong! We love to hang out on the PS Blog. I’m going to answer every comment today. :-)

crusher915 said:

November 27th, 10:50 am

@7 hahaha the same situation over here
and I have just about every R&C game, so I will hopefully get this one when my vita arrives.

What is the size of this game? over 1GB? under?

November 27th, 11:03 am

Closer to 3GB. It’s a beefy game

jimmyfoxhound said:

November 27th, 10:57 am

Always good to have more Ratchet & Clank! Will def be picking this up!!

November 27th, 11:03 am

Thanks! And at 19.99 it’s good and inexpensive!

vanwinkle said:

November 27th, 10:58 am

Mr. James Stevenson, do you know or can you find out if the Vita version is native resolution?

November 27th, 11:05 am

We haven’t locked down that stuff yet, we’ll try to update when the Vita version is closer. Our friends at Tin Giant are handling the port with some advice / assistance from us.

johnnyp70 said:

November 27th, 11:00 am

I will happily sign on to PSN tonight after work and pick this up. That will also round out my Thanksgiving Week Spending of $60.00 to receive my $10.00 in December.

November 27th, 11:05 am

Glad we could help get you across the finish line!

bigimpactpooch said:

November 27th, 11:10 am

Def picking this up. I have a random favor to ask…can you guys let someone know in Sony that we need a sequel/prequel to LEGEND OF DRAGOON!!! lol

CheesyMonkey said:

November 27th, 11:11 am

Well since your replying to every post, I would like to take this opportunity to say keep rocking the Weekend Confirmed! I enjoy you in my ear holes. I know, sounds all wrong, but its true!

November 27th, 11:19 am

I enjoy speaking into your ear holes! I’ll be around for the end of year episodes!

zheng11 said:

November 27th, 11:13 am

check the psn store. still not out. anyone knows when it came out?

November 27th, 11:20 am

Checking to see if we have a time when it’s going up.

CheesyMonkey said:

November 27th, 11:14 am

Also – Would this game be appropriate for an 8 year old? I would love to play this with my daughter. We have played some All for One together.

November 27th, 11:20 am

It’s technically E10+ by the ESRB mainly for cartoon violence. Definitely a decision up to you, but the two-player co-op is a lot of fun!

Genexi2 said:

November 27th, 11:17 am

Nice timing. I just picked up the HD Collection the yesterday, so I’ll have that to tide me over until the Vita port is available, as I’m morbidly curious to try FFA out on that than I am PS3.

Thanks for offering a retail package this time around for our physical collections. I’m still slightly sour over Quest For Booty being digital-only in North America, heh.

November 27th, 11:22 am

Haha, yeah, we had to import a few hundred copies of the Irish version for everyone in the office.

zheng11 said:

November 27th, 11:18 am

i thought it’s out today but when i check the psn store. it’s still not out yet. anyone knows when can i buy it? also, is there any plane one releasing the dlc for all 4 one?

November 27th, 11:22 am

It’s whenever they publish the update to the store, usually in the afternoon.

eXb1azed23 said:

November 27th, 11:19 am

I’m gonna post just to see if you keep your promise :P . On a side-note thank you and Insomniac for Resistance: Fall of Man, it was the first FPS that got me into FPS. Can’t tell you how many hours I spent beating the campaign on every difficulty. I hope if you guys really are done with the franchise, you give it to the right hands. Thanks again

November 27th, 11:25 am

You’re very welcome, and we hope it ends up in good hands too, that’s up to Sony to decide!

FrancisG32 said:

November 27th, 11:20 am

Since I live in Ireland, I have my QForce pre-ordered and fully paid off for.
However since this game looks amazing and I can’t wait till Friday I’m going to buy it on the US Store.
One question. Any idea when the store will update???

November 27th, 11:26 am

Oops, usually it’s in the afternoon pacific time

November 27th, 11:26 am

Usually it is in the afternoon Pacific Time.

Hawkboi said:

November 27th, 11:27 am

Does the game take much of a graphical hit in 3D?

Can you play two player split-screen in 3D?

Not that I mind either way…just changes from couch co-op to other room co-op and effects whether I buy the blu-ray or the downloadable version.

November 27th, 11:34 am

Obviously we’re drawing two lower-res frames, one for each eye. But with each eye getting its own info, this alleviates a lot of that. So in terms of a hit, it depends on how you view it, I think.

3D only works for one-player. Split-screen it doesn’t work for.

Ryumoau said:

November 27th, 11:30 am

btw, are there any plans of having a PS Plus discount on this game tonight when the psn store updates? I’ll still get it regardless, but was just curious.

November 27th, 11:33 am

I don’t think so this week, but that’s something Sony decides rather than us.

FrancisG32 said:

November 27th, 11:30 am

Ok. I guess I have to do homework so *Boots up R&C HD Collection*

November 27th, 11:34 am

That’s a fun thing to play today too, hope you get on Full Frontal Assault soon, we expect the competitive game to get feisty quickly

Wozman23 said:

November 27th, 11:32 am

Ratchet & Clank cover art is always so beautiful.

I picked up my preordered physical copy of Full Frontal this morning and have enjoyed the first two campaign missions so far. While I thought All 4 One was amazing (I know you don’t hear that a lot) and expect to enjoy Full Frontal, I do hope there’s more in store for Ratchet.

I’d love a full-fledged traditional release, with Nefarious as the main villain, where he’s internally conflicted due to his interactions with the team in All 4 One. I’d even love an All 4 One 2… All 5 One?… All 4 Two?…Let’s just go with 4Play this time.

November 27th, 11:35 am

We definitely don’t think Ratchet & Clank have run out of adventures yet :-)

boomstickbhg said:

November 27th, 11:40 am

First, love the R&C games, i’ve bought them all, some for both ps2 and the HD ps3 releases.

Will this game have as much focus on the single player aspect as previous games? MP is relatively new to the series (campaign wise) and i play these games for the SP fun, though co-op campaigns are a nice bonus.

So is this a 4 hour CoD like SP and the focus on getting good play time is MP, or is it like previous R&C where the SP mode will last 15-20 hours? (not great at platformers, some of my time played is due to many deaths lol)

November 27th, 11:53 am

This is more the size (and price!) of Quest For Booty. So it’s an intentionally shorter game/experience. That said, it’s a bit longer than Q4B, and the campaign levels are much more replayable, plus we added two-player co-op. Then on top of that you have the 1v1 and 2v2 competitive modes!

But it definitely isn’t the 60 dollar / 10-15 hour single-player game!

BlooodyCow said:

November 27th, 11:41 am

After All 4 One, you guys had me second guess buying another Ratchet and Clank.
Now you are introducing Tower Defense into my favorite game series of all time? No Thanks. This is like introducing Turn Base Combat into God of War or Introducing a 2 weapons ONLY system and perk system in Resistance…..oh wait, you guys did and killed that series.

Tools of Destruction = Quest for Booty> A Crack in Time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All 4 One

Can’t wait for the new Sly game to come out. At lest I know I will be getting what i come to expect from a Sly game.

November 27th, 11:54 am

It’s base defense, and we think it’s awesome. If you aren’t sure, why not give the trial version a try when it hits the PS Store tonight?

C-0719 said:

November 27th, 11:42 am

Just picked up my copy! cant wait to play! SO happy there was a retial release here in NA. Love ratchet and clank hope they keep on coming!

November 27th, 11:54 am

Awesome! Thanks so much for your support!

Satnamji said:

November 27th, 11:44 am

@James. In an earlier comment you mentioned there will be free maps and modes DLC. Will that just be for the online multiplayer, or will any of it be playable as a single player experience?
Thanks!

November 27th, 11:54 am

TBD, though the maps are MP.

BlooodyCow said:

November 27th, 11:45 am

What next for Ratchet and Clank?
Ratchet and Clank Tennis
Ratchet and Clank Party
Ratchet and Clank Soccer
Ratchet and Clank Baseball
Ratchet and Clank FPS

When will be get a traditional Ratchet and Clank game like R&C: Going Commando?

November 27th, 11:56 am

We were thinking Ratchet & Clank Intergalactic Football, actually.

Who knows? We aren’t stopping making Ratchet & Clank games, and aside from A41, every major game in the series has been classic Ratchet & Clank.

zheng11 said:

November 27th, 11:45 am

one question, is there any co-ops? split screen?

November 27th, 11:56 am

Yes, you can play the whole campaign co-op and split-screen

Elvick_ said:

November 27th, 11:46 am

Really hope the stores around here have it, or I’ll have to wait for shipping from amazon.ca. D: Really want to see what the story is like. Despite the faults of A4O, it was still fun, and the story was awesome.

November 27th, 11:56 am

Thanks! It may be a little tough to find given how late we added the blu-ray version.

zheng11 said:

November 27th, 11:47 am

oh, is doctor nefarious be a playable character?

November 27th, 12:07 pm

I believe he may be an MP skin… can’t remember if he’s a launch skin or not :-)

Elvick_ said:

November 27th, 11:48 am

Dang, forgot to thank you guys for a retail release. Seriously, that is awesome and pleases me greatly.

duke301 said:

November 27th, 11:49 am

I ordered it on Amazon, and should have it tomorrow. Can’t wait to start playing as it looks like a great game. If it is anything like the other Ratchet and Clank titles, I’m sure I won’t be disappointed. Also, $19.99 is a great price for a cross-play enabled title, more games should be like this! I’ll be waiting for the Vita version to come out in January.

November 27th, 12:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks for ordering it, make sure to let us know what you think!

KazeEternal said:

November 27th, 11:53 am

@Sony
Fix this http://kotaku.com/5963568/the-vita-is-a-great-systemtoo-bad-sony-screwed-it-up

@Insomniac – James Stevenson
Looking forward to playing this, though I’ll be waiting till I can play it and the Vita version together. PSASBR made a strong case for the feature over the thanksgiving break. I was away from my PS3 and was able to enjoy the game while visiting the family. Then continued where I left off when I got home. The list goes on.

On the Subject of Vita, can we get a Good Resistance game out of you guys or a new FPS all together? Maybe even a FUSE spin off for Vita? Even an external team with extreme oversight of a Resistance project would be acceptable. Burning Skies didn’t hold a candle to Resistance 2 and Resistance 3.

November 27th, 2:18 pm

whoops, how did I miss your comment?

In terms of Resistance, we’ve wrapped up our involvement on the franchise, and in terms of the Vita, it’s not something we’re developing on ourselves. SCEA got Tin Giant to help make the Vita port. We love that Full Frontal Assault is on the Vita, but it’s not something we’re set up to make games on right now, hence the support from SCEA and Tin Giant.

WorcesterRaider said:

November 27th, 11:59 am

Really excited about this game! I hope it does well…I didn’t see much advertising so hopefully that doesn’t hurt the launch.

November 27th, 12:10 pm

We have more advertising in Europe, actually, but yeah, it’s a small game so we need as much fan support and good word of mouth as possible!

zheng11 said:

November 27th, 12:01 pm

i’ve seen people play FFA, and i see there’s weapon leveling system. will we keep the weapon’s level or we start the level with level 1 weapon? also is there an upgrade nano tech feature?

November 27th, 12:11 pm

Campaign the levels hang in there, but competitive your levels always start back at level 1.

PAGE 1 2 3