PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 08

Dec 08

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Did you catch last night’s VGAs? From The Last of Us’ new trailer to Journey’s three wins, PlayStation made an impressive showing! Speaking of great PlayStation games, you should really, really get around to backing Sportsfriends on Kickstarter if you haven’t already — you have less than two days to help them get the last bit of funding they need. We can do it!

I’m sort of hooked on Far Cry 3, which I did not see coming. It’s my first outing with the series, and I’m loving every minute of it. The bad news is I’m moving to a new apartment this weekend, and this game has ensured the packing I should be doing is not getting done. I need to work on my discipline.

Some other tidbits from the past week: DJMax Technika Tune makes a strong argument for rhythm games on PS Vita, Sid is very impressed with BioShock Infinite, Far Cry 3 gets PS3-exclusive DLC in January, Persona 4 is PS Vita’s top-rated game, and Sound Shapes fans can download some new DLC for the game.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

PlayStation Blogcast 054

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

zzamaro said:

December 8th, 2:39 pm

I’m playing the Jak HD Collection.

Godchild1020 said:

December 8th, 3:54 pm

Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Demo, Gravity Rush DLC
Listening to: All the great music on Music Unlimted
Watching: The Kings of Queens and The Last of Us VGA trailer

I hope Ni No Kuni gets a PSN release.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 9th, 7:15 pm

As soon as I get my PS3 hooked back up (just moved) I’m checking out that demo!

Robbie_G_lrish said:

December 8th, 4:17 pm

Everything about that Ni no Kuni demo was great. The graphics, the battle system, the music, and what might be the nicest world map I’ve ever seen. Even the english dub was pretty good to the point where I’m not sure which language I want to play it in. People need to buy this game when it comes out. Level 5 already said they would like to do a sequel with Oliver as an adult but only if it sells enough.

skullsaber said:

December 8th, 4:39 pm

Playing my Vita that I just got a couple days ago and loving it! So far i have played Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 (both thanks to ps plus) and Playstation All Stars. They are all vey fun and look amazing! On ps3 I am playing Mass Effect 1, infamous 1 (finally going for my platinum) and Quantum Conundrum. I LOVE Playstation Plus!!!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 9th, 7:16 pm

Check out Lumines on Vita if you’re into that kind of thing. It’s still one of my favorite games on the system.

Zezzler said:

December 8th, 5:44 pm

Playing: PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale!
Watching: King of the Hill, Regular Show, VGA Trailers
Listening to: Mystery Skulls, Moustache Machine, Nujabes

The Phantom Pain looks phenomenal! I’m not quite sure what I saw, but I liked it, and want to see more!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 9th, 7:17 pm

Nujabes, fantastic. I always smile when I hear people are listening to him. Then I get sad because he’s not around to make amazing music anymore. Taken too soon. :(

saab01 said:

December 8th, 8:50 pm

I hope the latest patch for Black Ops 2 has solved the issue of the freezing when playing online. My PS3 kept freezing on me on the loading of the map when it would say texturizing map hopefully this has been resolved. The last 2 days I have played and it has not froze on me so hopefully it has been fixed for good.

BlueBl1zzard said:

December 8th, 10:17 pm

I’m Playing: Uncharted Golden Abyss and Bioshock 2 (thanks PS Plus!)
I’m watching: VGA Trailers (Dark Souls II !!!)
I’m Listening to: Playstation Blogcast Ep 54, All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey (not ft. Justin Bieber) and other Christmas songs.
I’m eagerly awaiting: More Dark Souls II and Kickbeat news, and December 22, 2012

Congrats Walking Dead for game of the year!

divineLite said:

December 9th, 2:42 am

I’m playing: Persona 4G (can’t see the end even after 23hours), COD: Declassified (multiplayer rocks),Gravity Rush (second play due to PS+), Tales of Blobs, Sine Mora, JetSet Radio

I’m giving up: FF Tactics… I don’t understand, can finish this game back in PS, but having much difficulty now, is PSP difficulty risen or I’m not as good as before…

I’m waiting: next PS+ offerings for Vita

SpooNManX said:

December 9th, 10:25 am

I wish Sony would add a weekly recap with this type of info on the PS3.
Pulse was a good show and was directly responsible for many of my PSN Store purchases.

gundam08thteam said:

December 9th, 10:58 am

I’m Playing nothing for a two weeks break
I’m Watching Netflix, Walking Dead, Amine.
I’m Listening to Sony Unlimited, and DI Radio.
Sony should add a billing options on payment, for the PSN Store. To give us the options to add two different payment, that doesn’t take away from the wallet option.

punkmusic2009 said:

December 9th, 11:05 am

im listening to Top 20 Mega R&B – 20 Massive Super Value RnB Hits! ( R and B )
on music unlimted party on thanks sony for the huge saveing 12.00 not bad i thought i was screwed in the update thank god that the promo lasted 2 week i just got christmas money and my friend picthed in becuse he wants music on his stick

PharmBoY044 said:

December 9th, 3:09 pm

Hey Justin, I just have a couple of quick questions.

1. Is there someone replacing Jeff on the Blog team? Anyone new that I should be following on Twitter?

2. When do you think the SCEA region will get the pre-loading functionality that the SCEE PSN store has?

3. I noticed that the new PSN web store has launched for some regions, do you happen to know when it will launch for the SCEA region?

Thanks!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 9th, 7:32 pm

1) Nobody as of yet. It’s Sid and me running the blog side of things, with help from Rey on videos and The Drop.

2) Haven’t heard anything, sorry I can’t be more help. If and when new functionality comes to PSN, you’ll find out on PS.Blog. :)

3) It’s currently being tested in EU from what I understand; see answer to #2.

starscreamerx31 said:

December 9th, 4:47 pm

Playing: mass effect 1 when I have time.
Listening to: my gf play the walking dead ep 3.
Reading: my notes for finals I have on tuesday ( pray for mojo)
Watching: my family watch the dark knight rises
Wishing for: spider man ps one on the psn

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

December 9th, 7:48 pm

So you’re telling me I have to play three Mass Effect games and five episodes of The Walking Dead (without counting the eighty hours of Persona 4 Golden I’m anticipating)? How do people have time for this?!

wakingthedead17 said:

December 9th, 7:12 pm

Still waiting to play Alice: Madness Returns until I can get and play American McGee’s Alice.

I know you guys have said that you’ll be sending vouchers over the PSN, but is there any kind of time frame on when that is going to happen? It’s been a few weeks now.

DeathKiller49 said:

December 9th, 8:15 pm

Watching: Regular Show
Playing: Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2
Listening: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Are the PSN servers acting up? In NY I got disconnected, I signed back in and my friends were loading VERY slowly, and I couldn’t join text chats. And when I finally connected to a chat I was the only one in there… PSN is trolling me.. :(

YungShep said:

December 10th, 8:17 am

i have to say…i realllllly love the new 500gb PS3 :) it’s so quiet!

Playing: Borderlands 2, Far Cry 2(yep part 2)
moving: to dallas so my watching time is limited. right there with you Justin! i know the process, ugh! lol
reading: the ps blog, and ign.com (i still wonder why playstation give so much love to ign, to me they seem to criticize or mock anything sony does for the ps3..really dislike that)

wishing: everyone a happy holiday! nothing but gaming for me!!!

CZ4200 said:

December 10th, 11:19 am

+ Justin Massongill on December 9th, 2012 at 7:48 pm said:
————————————————————————————————————————————————–
people use spring and summer to catch-up on there huge back log