Paragon

Dec 10

Dec 10

Watch the Tomb Raider “Survivor” Trailer

Meagan Marie's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Crystal Dynamics

Did you (somehow) miss the debut of our new Tomb Raider trailer on Friday at VGA 10? You’re in luck! Check out Lara’s latest adventure below, and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Injured. Scattered. Hunted. Shipwrecked on an island off the coast of Japan, Lara Croft began armed with nothing more than her wits and will to live. Forced to forage for food and defend herself from hostile natives, Lara is forever changed when her friends are captured and she realizes she is the only one who can save them. Pushed to the limits of human fortitude, Lara knows that if she doesn’t survive, none of them will. Watch Lara transition from “survival” to “Survivor” in our new trailer.

Add Your Own

iREVOLTER said:

December 10th, 11:19 pm

Can’t wait!

DZORMAGEN said:

December 10th, 11:31 pm

Why isn’t she in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale again?

dimy93 said:

December 10th, 11:33 pm

I still regret that we won’t see this on Vita – I’m huge fan of Lara and I am so disappointed we want see it on the go :(

jgris said:

December 10th, 11:38 pm

Looks and sounds great! I can’t wait to play this game. I’ve been a Tomb Raider fan since the beginning and played them all. This game looks like it’s going to be a great ‘origin’ story. Camilla Luddington is wonderful, and Rhianna Pratchett’s story looks to be an exciting, emotional journey. Lara Croft is cool, and this game looks to really develop her with a backstory you can play along with. Very excited!

Elvick_ said:

December 10th, 11:53 pm

Looking forward to this.

avluis said:

December 10th, 11:55 pm

OMFG!!! I cannot wait to play this game, truly something to survive 2012 for!
I do hope that the team will consider porting this game to the PS Vita in the future, I will gladly pay for it twice.
I’m really happy that they have finally given Croft the story and character she truly deserves.
This trailer could not have been made any better!!

aaccpp said:

December 11th, 12:20 am

So looking forward to this one.

Grayfoxx663 said:

December 11th, 1:23 am

Comeback of the decade. So happy for the Tomb Raider series.

GhostMachine1 said:

December 11th, 1:25 am

This game looks like the best TR yet. Can’t wait for it.

Kchow23 said:

December 11th, 1:58 am

Trailer was a bit meh… looking forward to actually playing it though.

cwsluke said:

December 11th, 4:01 am

finally Tomb Raider meets Uncharted style action!!!!! EPIC!!!

hla-33 said:

December 11th, 5:05 am

Nice the game looks really good, is there any chance for releasing the AVATARS in NA?
Thanks and continue the great work!

PGabriel22 said:

December 11th, 5:10 am

Great!! I can’t wait to play this game!!
Thanks for the trailer!
And I agree with dimy93, it would be awesome a Tomb Raider on the Vita, like the Assassin’s Creed III Liberation.

Nithorias said:

December 11th, 6:27 am

I want to see her in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, make it happen!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

December 11th, 6:49 am

Copy and paste from Uncharted. No thanks.

Nick930930 said:

December 11th, 7:05 am

Square Enix is too afraid of being beat by Uncharted, they just made the same game with a female skin in place of Drake. This is not Tomb Raider. In fact, there is not a single tomb visible in that entire trailer. Gone are the days of silent tomb raiding and puzzle solving with scary moments of animal attacks and floor collapsing under you until you fall into spikes.

Rest in piece Tomb Raider… you can rest right next to Splinter Cell after they turned it into a Ghost Recon game………..

Nick930930 said:

December 11th, 7:06 am

peace*

D-Squad3 said:

December 11th, 7:16 am

When can we expect Lara Croft to be in the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale roster? I would pre-order this game right this instant if you guys allow her to be in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Coody-Baroody said:

December 11th, 7:42 am

As Nick930930 says above, this is just an Uncharted clone. Dont get me wrong it does look good, awesome in fact but itss hardly a Tomb Raider game now is it? Also, all the Xbox fanboys who say Uncharted is rubbish without ever playing it, i bet they all run out and buy this as its such a blatant Uncharted copy.

As i said it does look good but come on now, Naughty Dog are a league of their own when it comes to this type of game they more or less founded. I dont mean 3rd person shooter/puzzle/platformer like the old Tomb Raiders, i mean the cinema quality, set piece driven, bombastic action sequence type game that this game is so obviously trying to ape.

saab01 said:

December 11th, 7:46 am

The game looks really nice lets see how it plays out in reviews.

Nick930930 said:

December 11th, 7:50 am

*shakes head*….at the two comments above….

Why should her being included in an irrelevant fighting game determine whether or not your purchase the game? I doubt she’ll be included in Allstars only because microsoft signed a deal to get early DLC for the new Tomb Raider game. Microsoft wants their own action adventure Nathan Drake it seems.

Ryumoau said:

December 11th, 8:11 am

This is the best looking Laura Craft i’ve seen yet. Even more attractive than Angelina Jolie. I might actually try this series for once.

Death_to_Xbox_ said:

December 11th, 8:33 am

I am sorry but the only thing this game has has in common with the games of old is the name “Tomb Raider”. Laura Craft, she kills dangerous creatures or other humans, while collecting objects and solving puzzles to gain access to an ultimate prize, usually a powerful artifact. The storyline is usually driven by the quest for a powerful artefact, with Lara in a race against a sinister shadow league who want to obtain the relic for their own purposes. These artefacts usually possess mystical powers and may be of supernatural, or even alien, origin. Often in the series, the antagonist uses the artefact or bits of it to create terrifying mystical monsters, creatures, and mutants which Lara must defeat throughout the journey. This new one does not look to do much if not at all of that. To me they are just using the Tomb Raider name for association to get people’s interest.

KidCommando said:

December 11th, 9:12 am

No backward flippies while shooting dual pistols?

sadface.jpg

KrazE94 said:

December 11th, 9:22 am

Will this be available in the playstation network as a digital downloalable?

jimmyfoxhound said:

December 11th, 9:28 am

Booooooooooo, CD made a fine entrance to Tomb Raider with Underworld. It was a bit rushed but it was a very fine game. I wish they would have expanded on that game and made a much more fleshed out TOMB RAIDING game instead of an Uncharted clone. Do we need another game where we run around shooting hundreds of people in a corridor? No swimming? No swan diving? Basically no tombs? What is this?? I want to go exploring with huge tombs and the beautiful ambient music, not shoot wave after wave of people in a bloodbath of violence going from one “epic” set piece to the next with QTEs every few minutes. That wasn’t Tomb Raider and I wish you hadn’t named this game Tomb Raider.

(I’m not stuck in the past, I don’t want a copy of the original Tomb Raider with the stiff controls and bad gun mechanics, but I also don’t want another Uncharted clone. You should have made Tomb Raider something unique not a copy cat. I guess this is what companies want now. Focus on shooting, cussing, set pieces, QTEs, “visceral” action.. whatever..)

TheUndertaker85 said:

December 11th, 10:38 am

Maybe if you all throw around the words “Emotion” and “More” more often people’ll forget to watch the video featuring scenes from Tombcharted… Oh sorry, Tomb Raider.

The more and more I see this game, the less and less I’m interested. Nothing more than ripping off the formula of a successful game, adding in aspects of other games, then wrapping it up and calling it a new Tomb Raider game.

BlindMango said:

December 11th, 11:38 am

I seriously cannot wait for this game!

tusunami said:

December 11th, 12:39 pm

Wow the kick butt take names ask questions later lara croft is back, This is dynamite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoonLance said:

December 11th, 1:53 pm

The series made a huge turnaround compared to the previous installments. And it looks like it’ll be a console exclusive too! (Not that I’m complaining)

Day one purchase for me.

FreshRevenge said:

December 11th, 4:08 pm

I am so sick of the Tomb Raider/ Uncharted comparisons. Tomb Raider started three systems back, well you can say 4 systems back if you want to include the sega saturn but the series took off on the PS1. Tomb Raider has 2 movies as well.

I would love to see a Lara Croft character in Playstation All Stars. Lara kicking Nathan in the groin would be epic!

I got this game on preorder and I just can’t wait to play it. I have a Assassins Creed vibe from some of the gameplay footage. I hope that I get to see Lara start jumping like a acrobat at the end of game!

I wonder if there would be extra DLC with this game?

FreshRevenge said:

December 11th, 4:50 pm

this is how I am going to compare Tomb Raider and Uncharted.

Tomb Raider has tombs. So does Uncharted but Lara has been raiding tombs a lot longer than Nathan has been

Tomb Raider has platforming, so does Uncharted

Tomb Raiders has dinosaurs. I didn’t see dinosaurs in Uncharted

Tomb Raider Lara can do cartwheels and back flips, sorry Nathan but Lara outdoes you there.

Tomb Raiders does story . I don’t know why people glorify Uncharted story telling? They go hunting for a lost city or treasure. So sorry but Lara has been doing that for decades now!

Tomb Raider well Lara looks a lot sexier than Nathan.

So there are a number of things that Tomb Raider does differently than Uncharted so making this comparison is futile and useless

Elvick_ said:

December 11th, 6:42 pm

You can’t copy Uncharted. Aside from characters and story, everything it has done has bewn done before. Uncharted is great, but not original. It caters to the standards of the genre. Tomb Raider is just catching back up to our current standards, as for “wah no tomb”, it’s her origin story.

Dstrbdpcs said:

December 11th, 7:50 pm

I for one can’t wait. For those saying there are no tombs, why does she say she hates them?

NIKITA_FAN89 said:

December 11th, 10:55 pm

I agree… Tomb Raider in name only! Nothing like anything in the series that we played and loved in the past!
With no tomb to raid, she’s not Tomb Raider.
I like the amazing tombs, the puzzles that must be solved, the artifacts that must be collected to solve those puzzles, the booby-traps that must be beaten along the way, the flips, jumps, swan dives, and Lara firing dual pistols while doing flips taking out bad guys with auto-lock… I love it all!
I sure hope that after this new game disappears, they will actually come out with a new real Tomb Raider game!
Here’s to Keeping Hope Alive!

Welmosca said:

December 11th, 11:20 pm

Nice trailer looks like the game will be good…I just hope Lara still is a treasure hunter,also that there is exploration,puzzles,artifacts,relics and all that stuff that TR used to be not just Lara killing bad guys to survive.BTW its impressive how they learned with Uncharted….Uncharted taught TR a lot of things.

EXQUISITEEMPRESS said:

January 2nd, 3:58 pm

Having never played any of the previous Tomb Raider installments. I have nothing to compare this trailer too but I like what I’m seeing. Lara clearly knows how to get it done when the occasion arises.