Farpoint

Dec 11

Dec 11

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PS2 Classic Hits PlayStation Store Today

R*Q's Avatar Posted by

We’d like to let all PlayStation fans know that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is coming to PlayStation Store as a ‘PS2 Classic’ in today’s update. That means you can revisit the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas, as well as the surrounding countryside and mountains, exactly as they appeared on the PlayStation 2 back in 2004, on your PS3.

To help you prepare we’ve raided our archives for a video called ‘The Introduction’. This 20-minute prologue video highlights the action in the days before the story in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas begins. The Introduction is told from various characters’ viewpoints, which are intertwined together to reveal the network of organized crime forces operating throughout the state of San Andreas. Tension builds as threats are carried out, stakes are raised and communication breaks down. In Los Santos, a drive-by shooting in Grove Street Family’s territory ignites a series of events to be further explored in the game.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas hits PlayStation Store today for $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.99.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Morgardee said:

December 16th, 8:14 am

How do I add my own music to the radio stations?

thehate325 said:

December 16th, 11:48 am

Where can i get the Game Save for it

drizzy_da_man14 said:

December 16th, 1:32 pm

people quit whining about it being $15, hell it’s better than having it on ps2 and having to worry about it being all scratched up anybody agree?

THEHAWK3986 said:

December 17th, 8:32 am

Just to let some of you know that are complaining about the price of GTA SA.. just take a look at Gamestop price of the same ps2 game used. it is $19.99. If your one of lucky few that can actually play PS2 games in your PS3 console or you still have your PS2 lying around and this game already then great for you. But most out there dont, and $15 is still $5 less than Gamestop. Thats all im saying

twitchyzero said:

December 17th, 3:13 pm

Hi R*Q

I used to have a PS2 backwards compatible PS3 and I played GTA:SA PS2 on it…I have a saved game data.

If I buy this new PSN version, will my save file/data be transferable?

Thanks.

twitchyzero said:

December 17th, 3:15 pm

In order words does this game use PS2 save data on PS2 virtual memory card will does it save as a PS3 game data?

DeadEyeV said:

December 17th, 6:26 pm

gta San Andreas on psn=amazing,bought it on drop date on psn ,been playing for hours ever since,thanks Sony

TH4xGODxF4TH3Rx said:

December 19th, 6:54 pm

is this version at least two player?? ive been disappointed with rockstar in the fact that this is the ONLY two player GTA…….lets face it, its much more fun when ur doin drive-bys and shootin people when your with your buddy lol just want it for two player honestly lol but i wanna make sure it is

kay_we3zeE said:

December 19th, 10:36 pm

Can’t wait to jam!!!

Xx_Apex-Death_xX said:

December 21st, 10:09 pm

I am actually bought the game

Drock_rules said:

December 22nd, 12:15 am

15$ for San Andreas? I Could get it at gamestop for 3 bucks! You just want more money your still lucky im going o buy it.

cools007 said:

December 23rd, 10:28 am

Hello R*

My ps3 is backwards compatable so thought i’d dig out vice city and san andreas. I’d forgot how awesome these games are. All i wanna say is i hope you can make a HD version as i play on a 46″ smart t..v and the graphics are well quite bad.

Hope you bring us more classics as i for one will be purchasing them all.

Keep up the good work.

cools007 said:

December 23rd, 10:45 am

P.s you Americans are moaning over $5. £11.99 works out at $19.40 to us. So who’s being ripped off now?

EvilAngel34 said:

December 23rd, 8:51 pm

what happen to vice city ?

donkeypunch12312 said:

December 24th, 11:57 am

$14.99? WTF! you better throw in a copy of vice city! I could but this at GameStop for $9.99!

rayadito1989 said:

December 24th, 11:30 pm

bueno, a mi la verdad es que el GTA: SAN ANDREAS es el mejor juego que he tenido y tambien es el mejor de la serie de GTA (hasta ahora) . A mi no me da tanta importancia que cueste $15 dolares porque es un juegaso aunque aun no lo tengo pero algun dia lo comprare. Lo unico que no me gusto de ese juego que ahora esta en psn es que no es HD/3D o con trofeos eso es lo unico pero de ahi en fuera nada. A y espero que GTA V se ha mucho mejor que el GTA SAN ANDREAS!!!

LUClDREAM said:

December 25th, 2:53 pm

I was about to get San Andreas but lacked the funds, so I bought Rockstar’s Bully for $10.

wrenonion4 said:

December 29th, 6:05 pm

I’m fine with it being $14.99 because at Wal-Mart I looked at it and it was $20.

wrenonion4 said:

December 29th, 6:22 pm

Hell I’d even spend $60 for it, its better than GTA4 and all the DLC’s

RICHHLHS said:

December 29th, 7:09 pm

How do i save my progress. i hit start and i cant save the game and i created a internal memory card already

Romo_Is_MexiCAN said:

January 2nd, 3:43 pm

I’m wondering, I have PS3 slim so I have to pay for the classic game put on my PS3 slim version its will working? I don’t want waste of money. Please answer the quest before I’m pay for the classic game, Thank.

Shawnn12307 said:

January 5th, 12:23 pm

Yeah, I honestly think that it would be a huge rip off if i pay $15 for a game that is the exact same as the PS2 version. Unless you guys upgrade it, I will most def pass on wasting my hard earned money on this.

chairmanWesker20 said:

January 7th, 3:50 pm

how about vice city that one is so much better even tho its old its still awesome

JosefSnurk1387 said:

January 10th, 2:56 am

I don’t think the price is completely unreasonable. The only thing stopping me from buying it (along with GTA III) is the lack of trophy support. I’m a bit of a trophy whore, always looking to bump up my trophy count. It’s even better when I can do so playing a game I LOVED as a kid.

Binhabib-80 said: