Knack 2

Jan 07

Jan 07

PlayStation Plus Update: Join the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

2013 is already shaping up to be a fantastic year for PlayStation Plus members with another strong offering in the month of January. Hopefully, you’ve been enjoying NBA Jam: On Fire Edition on your PS3 and playing Chronovolt on your PS Vita, both free to PlayStation Plus members.

This week, we’ve got some epic multiplayer action with the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta, as well as Mega Man 9 and 10 joining PlayStation Plus. Read on to find out more.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 8th PlayStation Plus Update

God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta (PS3)

Access for Plus members

PlayStation Plus members get to be one of the first to delve in to what’s sure to be one of the most epic multiplayer experiences of the year. God of War: Ascension’s Multiplayer beta is offering up the signature Team Favor of the Gods mode and the yet-to-be-seen Favor of the Gods mode. In both modes, you’ll fight to reach the requisite number of favor points from the Gods, earning points via kills, bonus brutal kills, opening chests, capturing domination points and, if you’re skillful enough, performing executions using the Spear of Olympus. Check out the Beta page for tips, scoring details and more. Make sure you also click the link below to leave your feedback with the rest of the God of War community. Note: you must be a PS Plus member, or have been selected to be in the Beta previously in order to get access to this forum space.

God of War Ascension Beta

Click here to visit the God of War: Ascension Beta Community Forum

Oh, and make sure you snag a free God of War “Eye of Kratos” avatar as well; it’s free and exclusive for PS Plus members. If you’re reading this on Monday morning, you may also want to tune in to IGN.com’s livestream from 12:00pm to 2:00pm PST. Click here to check out the action!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-7-2013

Mega Man 9 and 10 Combo Pack

Free for PS Plus members

Mega Man 9 and 10 were new and bold steps for a series that’s as beloved as Mega Man. Many gamers grew up on classic Mega Man games and yearned for a new 2D adventure but with the rock solid mechanics of the originals. Capcom delivered by going back to its 8-bit roots to deliver a classic Mega Man experience with all-new levels, weapons and bosses. IGN calls Mega Man 9 alone a “… mastery of 2D platforming.” Check out both Mega Man 9 and 10 for yourself; free for PS Plus members.

Eufloria

50% Discount for PS Plus members (Original price: $5.00; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Eufloria takes the hook of controlling massive armies in real time strategy games and applies it to a massively-micro scope that asks you to take over new territories (dubbed Asteroids) all for the sake of a mythic group of beings called The Growers. If you’ve ever had any sort of fun with the strategy genre, give Eufloria a download to find out why GamesRadar.com hailed Eufloria for its “beautiful stylized graphics and RTS gameplay that works great on the PS3 controller”.
NCAA Football 13: Recent Winners Pack

Free for PS Plus members

NCAA Football 13 delivers an authentic college football experience with an insane amount of realism on the virtual gridiron. If you can’t get enough of the gameplay, you’ll be happy to know that you can pick up the Recent Winners pack, free with your PS Plus membership. This pack will unlock Tim Tebow, Mark Ingram, and Matt Leinart for use in Heisman Mode.

We’re just getting started for January’s PlayStation Plus content, so we’d love to know more about what your favorite content was from the updates last month. NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Chronovolt are being tracked for January’s Plus updates, so you’ll see those options at the end of this month.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-7-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 15

GT-420 said:

January 7th, 8:05 am

Meh, mega man.

GT-420 said:

January 7th, 8:05 am

No poll this time?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 9:40 am

The polls are at the top of the post on the right. There are three of them!

faXys17 said:

January 7th, 8:06 am

Although it’s not a retail game,Megaman is good enough for me. I only wish there are more free games for vita though.

XenonSovereign said:

January 7th, 8:06 am

Heard some bad things about the beta but it looks interesting. Will definitely check it out

greggysmalls1 said:

January 7th, 8:06 am

Trash update

MechaSheeva said:

January 7th, 8:06 am

Already have Mega Man 9 and 10, but still a great update!

GeoDarky said:

January 7th, 8:07 am

Megaman is back! and its free!! Thanks ^_^

GT-420 said:

January 7th, 8:08 am

I found the link at the top of the post to the poll, it used to be at the bottom. Why are the results now made private? You could see the results in previous polls, I guess that didn’t work out for Sony as “nothing for me” was often the top result or no. 2?

t_tocs said:

January 7th, 8:08 am

Looking forward to picking up the MM games! Skipped them the first time around.

DelMurice said:

January 7th, 8:09 am

Goodbye Playstation Plus, you don’t really do anything worthwhile for me anymore.

Fardeenah said:

January 7th, 8:09 am

a poll would totally be nothing for this week… since there is no holiday sales, the dont have much options and clearly… meh… i have plus for vita and recent lineups were pretty bad… not owning a ps3 means getting ps plus just for vita is not worth re subscribing once initial line ups of games are completed(uncharted, gravity rush, mutant blobs) from this point… vita line up is just dragging,,,,

vanwinkle said:

January 7th, 8:10 am

…Well at least we had that great initial week for Vita, right guys? Too bad there’s been nothing good since WEEK ONE.

Major01 said:

January 7th, 8:12 am

The mega man games are a nice choice for plus. I’ll check them out.

TaLTaL55 said:

January 7th, 8:13 am

OMG a sports game!? this sucks!

AND where is the poll?! you didn’t like what you saw morgan?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 7th, 11:27 am

We moved the polls up to the top of the post, in the blue box on the right side. Keep bringing that feedback!

Johnny_Leyenda said:

January 7th, 8:13 am

Ugh…like we need more Retro games already.
I mean, Megaman is fun and all, but not the kinda game everyone can enjoy. Playstation Plus should offer something anyone can play.

I’m seriously doubting that I’ll renew my subscription if it keeps like this. Playstation has a ton of A+ games on PSN that could be offered instead of stuff like this. How about more PS1 or PS2 Classics? I wouldn’t mind something like San Andreas or Bully, to be honest.

smoothboarder540 said:

January 7th, 8:14 am

I don’t really want any more 8 bit games and the beta is probably too big of a file for my hdd so nothing for me this week yet again.

Dang_Man said:

January 7th, 8:14 am

Dang_Man

Xnightwish said:

January 7th, 8:14 am

Are you kidding? A rehash of a 16bit game followed by 2 8 bit games? I love retro gaming as much as the next guy but this is absolutely unacceptable with Europe getting FULL RETAIL GAMES. I tried to back up Sony with the meager plus content but this is just horrible. is the new year the reason we don’t get retail games anymore because if it is you should be upfront with us so myself and the rest of the paying subscribers can decide whether to spend our hard earned money on this service which seems to have devolved into a total joke

BiggieBoi- said:

January 7th, 8:15 am

oh man, another weakly update.. :(

nabilafzali02 said:

January 7th, 8:15 am

I really hope we don’t have to wait till the end of the Mont for vita content

T_K_9001 said:

January 7th, 8:15 am

This is getting sad… nothing else to say… poor week and i think you are thinking that we are stupid customers and we’re not. we deserve respect….

Gorvi said:

January 7th, 8:15 am

Megaman 9 & 10 combo? Hell yes. I’m already in the God of War beta, but it’ll be nice to see more people on.

smoothboarder540 said:

January 7th, 8:16 am

And they actually do have a poll. They just wanted to hide the results and comments because they know it will be largely negative again.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 10:54 am

The reason it’s private is that I’d like the comments to be less about the polls, and more about the actual content of the update. When comments start to talk just about results of the polls, and then I go and collect feedback from the comments, then the data is less powerful and informative to share with the Plus team. To break it down, if the data I get is feedback about feedback (polls), then well, it’s another filter to get your detailed thoughts to the Plus team. See what I mean?

To lessen this, yep, I set the results to private for these polls. Cast your vote, know that feedback takes time (we can never move the ship around too crazy as Plus continues to grow at an astounding rate, and we don’t want to rock the boat too quickly), and leave feedback in the comments about whether you liked the update, or not, and most importantly, why.

Thanks!

infamousXX87XX said:

January 7th, 8:16 am

I’m very pleased with this update.

remanutd5 said:

January 7th, 8:16 am

so when are we getting Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3 or Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time on ps3 plus?
how about Resistance Burning Skies, ModNation Racers Road Trip or Escape Plan on the vita?

killersense said:

January 7th, 8:17 am

everybody you can vote by clicking on each section where it says we want your feedback!! the third one is made public so hopefully we see these requests implemented soonish? i voted for action/adventure, rpg and shooters

TaLTaL55 said:

January 7th, 8:17 am

Morgan, why is the poll private?
I know it’s becuase more then 48% of us hated the latest updates, but I want to hear your excuse.

remanutd5 said:

January 7th, 8:17 am

how about a Killzone Mercenary beta? Soul Sacrifice online multiplayer demo? Sly Cooper Thieves in Time vita demo?

trum3n1 said:

January 7th, 8:18 am

SO WE GOT THIS MONTH NBA JAM AND MEGAMAN WHEN EUROPE GOT 3 FULL TITLES NOT FROM PSN INCLUDED MORTAL KOMBAT. F##KIN COOL.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

January 7th, 8:18 am

hmmm always thought about buying those MM games… looks like i finally dont have too…. though im still wondering where our usual 1 retail game a month is… which usually pops on the first week

Xcaligamer1 said:

January 7th, 8:18 am

def not gonna rag on an update with the ascension beta and megaman just makes this update full of win

smoothboarder540 said:

January 7th, 8:18 am

@20 I’m pretty sure Morgan said that the ps3 content would be coming early in the month and vita would be later. So I think we will be waiting.

ChaseHammerJ said:

January 7th, 8:20 am

Actually I think this is a pretty good update from recent weeks. I wish there were more free/discounted Add-ons but still.

Welmosca said:

January 7th, 8:21 am

Oh will have to take a look at Ascension’s MP…maybe its good considering that its St.Monica but either way spoiled the game already GoW didn’t needed to join the MP viral sickness…looking forward to that Megaman game…God its been ages since I last played an Megaman game…back in the PS1 time…great fun,I’m hoping for some nostalgia.Also Eufloria looks good for $2.50…may pick it up.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 9:44 am

If you like Strategy games in the least, I suggest checking out Eufloria. Really easy to get lost in.

Flabeo said:

January 7th, 8:21 am

Not much for me this week, but I’m still really enjoying last months Bio Shock 2.

Maybe some GTA or Batman love in the coming months?

juanfMM said:

January 7th, 8:21 am

Makes me feel sick!!! So disappointed, no poll either so frustrating and even I feel mocked thanks for nothing!!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 9:47 am

To reinforce a comment I mentioned above; the polls are still there, they’re just in a new location. Check near the top of the post and click through to the poll you want to take.

Major01 said:

January 7th, 8:21 am

Just wanted to say that I hope NBA Jam and Chronovolt were not are big games for the month of January.

bstie1198 said:

January 7th, 8:22 am

Does the store still have issues where you can’t get a combo pack if you own part of the contents? I already own Mega Man 10, so I’m concerned that I won’t be able to pick up 9 for free. It would be nice if each game is also offered for free individually through the store. If not, I own Mega Man 9 on WiiWare already, so I won’t be too devestated, but it’d be nice to have it available on my PS3 as well (since I play my PS3 a lot more often).

Xnightwish said:

January 7th, 8:22 am

@36 there is a poll but its in a link and results are set to private, probably because they knew this was a horrid update

MickeyWard09 said:

January 7th, 8:23 am

I’m new to Plus, mainly joining for the auto update feature, but also hoping to pick up a few game that I might not otherwise try or may have missed. In two weeks I have already received my money’s worth, and I can’t wait to see what surprises may come throughout the year. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, especially when paying for a service, and I think Plus is a fantastic value.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 9:47 am

Glad to hear you’ve been enjoying it so far! =)

rakoczy11 said:

January 7th, 8:23 am

I am quite pleased with this update (and to be honest, 80% of updates we get).
As long as i have 1 or 2 new interesting games per month, i’m getting my money worth.

(More Vita would be nice tho … although i feel we are getting close to already giving away the entire catalogue….)

trum3n1 said:

January 7th, 8:23 am

HOW CAN PEOPLE SAY THIS IS A GREAT UPDATE?!?!?!?! ARE U PEOPLE BLIND?
WE PAY THEM AND THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF US WITH EACH ANOTHER UPDATE.

Dlex_BR said:

January 7th, 8:24 am

Nothing else to say… poor week. we deserve respect… plus EU i’m coming!!!!

johnnyp70 said:

January 7th, 8:24 am

I love how everyone here is acting like this is the only update we will be getting in January. There are 3 more weeks to go, so chill.

I also have a question: I own MegaMan 9 from back when it was originally released. Will I be able to grab the MM 10, or is this only a combo, so I will be prevented from taking advantage of the offer?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 7th, 9:48 am

We’ve made sure that you’ll be able to take advantage of the offer. So if you own MM 9 or MM 10 individually, you’lls till be able to download the one you don’t have, free as a Plus member.

CraigAwesome said:

January 7th, 8:25 am

Hey Morgan,

Good update. I enjoy plus and everything it offers. I have a suggestion that I’d like to see. More weekly sales. Great sales like the holiday sales every week. I would pick up a lot of games I wouldn’t normally consider if I can catch them on sale. That’s how I started playing the Assassin’s Creed and Borderlands series and why I plan on picking up Eufloria for just that reason. Thank you for your time.

CrazyGuy62 said:

January 7th, 8:25 am

I’m the reverse of #38, I own 9 but don’t own 10. Am i screwed out of 10?

RE_Player said:

January 7th, 8:25 am

I love the blog and will continue to check it daily but now I’m just going to ignore the comments. So much negativity and just general whining. Looking forward to playing Mega Man 9 and 10. Please don’t take these comments as the general reception to Plus, this is just the vocal minority.

jave-lin said:

January 7th, 8:26 am

@ 15 – Johnny_Leyenda :

There is already GTA: San Andreas and Bully in the store as PS2 classics…..Please do not be a troll….

Anyway, if you got a God of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta code you’re already playing or have played it.
It’s okay, although kind of difficult for beginners with fairly early levels to get into now. Since there
are players already in the thing who have high levels.

Already have both Mega Man 9 and 10. When they first came out, but this gives a chance for others to
get to play it.

Hmm….where is the Poll this time….why was it changed?
Interesting…

smokinjoe1989 said:

January 7th, 8:26 am

um hell yea ill take megaman, i bought eufloria when it came out i could only beat 1 level past the demo

WolfAm1 said:

January 7th, 8:27 am

Usually I would say this is a crap update but being an avid listener of podcast BEYOND! I’ve been dying to play some Mega Man.

But really, WHERE ARE THE FREE RETAIL GAMES?

PAGE 1 2 3 15