Knack 2

Jan 14

Jan 14

PlayStation Plus Update: Become War in Darksiders, Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Plus members rang in the New Year with NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10 for free. This week, we’re bringing you a mix of action and exploration with the original Darksiders. Read on to find out more about this week’s update and remember to use the polls on the right to let us know what you think of this week’s update! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10, which are some of the more recent additions to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 12

Massive_13 said:

January 14th, 2:42 pm

Pretty nice. Darksiders eh? Always wanted to give this game a go.

stlthriot said:

January 14th, 2:45 pm

Would love to see games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 in digital form on PSN! ^_^

bt1234567892010 said:

January 14th, 2:45 pm

Darksiders…..awesome. I have never, ever played this game, but have been wanting too, maybe we’ll see less complainers now, despite some (*cough* 22 *cough*) still staying around. Thank you Morgan and the PS+ team, for giving me a game I don’t have, and is really popular and well known, I look forward to downloading it tomorrow.

GanstaKilla85 said:

January 14th, 2:46 pm

Also interested in “of orcs and men” that would b good addition to plus free or a discount….

Ayako_Lilith said:

January 14th, 2:46 pm

Yay! :D This week is looking awesome already!!

AnoyoIkari said:

January 14th, 2:48 pm

I can live with Darksiders. Better than the last few weeks.

Crusher201 said:

January 14th, 2:49 pm

@smoothboarder540

Darksiders is 10GB. You will need twice the space to download it, but you will get it back after it installs. You can get the game early on your HDD by downloading the full game trial. Once the game is free, start up the expired trial and it will automatically upgrade to full game.

Berae said:

January 14th, 2:51 pm

Thats great, Darksiders 1 was so good compared to Darksiders 2.

smoothboarder540 said:

January 14th, 2:53 pm

Thanks. I actually just found the update it released on.

hung187 said:

January 14th, 2:57 pm

YES!!!!!! Thank god I never got that game. But now I get it free. I have always wanted to play this game. This is a great PS plus drop. Great job sony.

Mr_Cubia said:

January 14th, 2:58 pm

Darksiders cant wait to play it thanks Morgan!!!

mzingarelli said:

January 14th, 2:58 pm

Morgon, please, until when will Darksiders be available in the Instante Game Collection and which game will be out of it?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 14th, 3:11 pm

Double Dragon Neon will be leaving Plus when Darksiders comes in. We always mention what’s leaving Plus in the weekly PlayStation Store Update post as well, if that helps.

cat9966 said:

January 14th, 3:00 pm

As a Vita only owner, I’m finding that there is little value to being a Plus Member. Ironically, being a Plus Member is making it less likely for me purchase to PS3 because it just ticks me off because there is no way to store the PS3 only downloads in my account , while PS3 only owners are able to store Vita downloads in their account. At least if I could store them for later, I would feel that I was technically getting the same value as PS3 owners, but as it is I feel like a second class member who gets to pay the same price as PS3 owners, but with very little to show for it.

Sony needs to either start offering real value to Vita only owners and also let us retain the ability to download PS3 games that leave the free area in the event we eventually get a PS3 or they need a Vita only membership with a smaller fee in keeping with the actual value offered.

mzingarelli said:

January 14th, 3:00 pm

Sorry, it’s horrible to type with these virtual keyboards from touch devices…

Crusher201 said:

January 14th, 3:03 pm

@mzingarelli

I think most games other than the game of the month are in the IGC for 3 months. The game of the month for January is NBA Jam: On Fire.

@Morgan

Has the PS+ team thought about making Warhawk, Starhawk MP, MAG, or Socom Confrontation for free? Their sales can’t be very high these days, they’re pretty old, and the player boost might help keep them alive.

YuNeoxus said:

January 14th, 3:04 pm

Yeah thank psn , now wait for Batman AC

OTLEiSOJ said:

January 14th, 3:04 pm

I bought this game yesterday…OH GOD WHY!!??

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 14th, 3:12 pm

If you bought it on PSN, and you feel strongly about it, contact Customer Service to state your issue as they review cases like this on a case by case basis.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
    Mon – Sun 6:00AM – 10:00PM Pacific

eljuamposo94 said:

January 14th, 3:05 pm

the wait paid off!! was looking for this game to buy it :D

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 14th, 3:09 pm

@Morgan – little bit of criticism.

This is the third straight full game with that dark monster-ish effect that has came to plus, I can’t count infamous because I do not know exactly what happened before October of last year but, you have RE5, BS2, and now this. See the pattern… Need to try for a little bit of a variety on full games if you catch the drift. These are all dark and I haven’t played this one but looking at the trailer it’s pretty much the same theme based.

Ricky7250 said:

January 14th, 3:11 pm

While Darksiders is nice, wtb stuff for my Vita. :(

Ricky7250 said:

January 14th, 3:12 pm

Apparently we can’t edit.

I played the Stardrone demo, didn’t like it at all. :/

laker818 said:

January 14th, 3:14 pm

Nice PS+ just keeps better and better. Keep up the good job sony!

MrBeatdown said:

January 14th, 3:15 pm

Good choice for a game. Haven’t played it, but I’ve heard good things about it.

Darksiders is the kind of game you want to offer… not necessarily because it’s a full game, but because it’s a game with a broader appeal that probably went under a lot of people’s radar.

With things like sports games and RTS, or retro stuff like Megaman, you’re not going to make as many people happy. They just aren’t genres with the same mass appeal. Everyone likes action/adventure games in some form or another.

saab01 said:

January 14th, 3:15 pm

I have heard good things about this game hopefully I will like it. So far after looking at game play it looks like something I would play. We will find out tomorrow does anyone know what is the GB install???

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 14th, 3:16 pm

@Ricky7250 – Morgan stated to a few people already that answer, for now it will be later into the month.

ItaChu said:

January 14th, 3:17 pm

FINE-A-LEEEEEE lol

supvic said:

January 14th, 3:18 pm

LOL!! I’m so glad I’m not a Plus subscriber. You guys get a 3 year old game, that you have to download and can only keep as long as your subscription lasts and that could’ve been bought for about $10 over a year ago.. are you people really that deprived?
SCEE is really profiteering off your stupidity and laughing all the way to the bank. The games you’ve been getting over the last 6 months add up to nothing yet you’re paying top dollar for old, cheap games and you don’t even get to keep them when your sub expires! This scheme MUST be Sony’s most profitable initiative yet and it’s amazing how many people are lapping it up, it’s cringe-worthy..
If you people bothered to buy the games you’re paying to rent off Plus, you’d have them all, cheaper, and get to keep them for life.

mnstrings said:

January 14th, 3:19 pm

@ DonkeyKongKilla,

Really? That’s your complaint? Monster-ish effect? I see you on here quite often stating your concerns, but wow its probably not going to get any better to please you. My advice, just don’t renew, you are obviously not enjoying the service the way most people are.

But I mean come on, that’s reaching at the bottom of the barrel as I mentioned earlier. If its not your type just let it it go. No need to find made up excuses as to why this isn’t a good addition to the IGC.

No offense, but you are starting to sound like that Ryuomau (who sounds like he has a chromosomal disorder). PLEASE don’t start sounding like that guy, I BEG YOU.

supvic said:

January 14th, 3:21 pm

You don’t even have any vote or say in what games you get nor do you even get any heads-up on what game you’ll be getting until it’s only a week away despite paying for a YEAR in advanced.. unbelievable..

ItaChu said:

January 14th, 3:21 pm

@ #265 this is why we voted for a monthly update like the european blog has but NOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL NO WAY IN HELL can they do that over here lol

nolo451 said:

January 14th, 3:22 pm

@ supvic,

Watch out everybody we got a troll here.

Yeah, I feel so ripped off, paying only about $4/month and getting all these games, “please somebody save me from Sony, they are scamming me so hard!”

Can’t believe you don’t feel like an absolute moron posting that with your name for everyone to see.

signal2noise said:

January 14th, 3:22 pm

This is more like it!!! Have to admit I was seriously starting to consider letting my subscription lapse (only about a month left). I was also starting to feel kinda bad for the 3 people who I recently talked into subscribing, in addition to my girlfriend’s son for whom I purchased a membership for X-mas. He’s 7 and isn’t terribly impressed with 8 and 16 bit titles. I also purchased a Vita as soon as Plus support was added. Alas, my worries have been dispelled and I will most definitely be renewing! Thank you to the PS+ team and keep up the good work!!!

Dcrazy204 said:

January 14th, 3:23 pm

Morgan you think you could put heavenly sword for psn plus

JalenTheEpic said:

January 14th, 3:23 pm

I only have a ps vita. I already had 50% of the games they’ve given out. I’m starting to regret my purchase. You guys keep saying “The vita will get something soon!” then it turns out to be Chronovault.
I mean come on, is it that hard to give us some good psp games or PSX games?

dilbig5 said:

January 14th, 3:24 pm

@22 Most PSP games actually range from $8 to $20 in stores, and thats used.

oZc-Gauss said:

January 14th, 3:24 pm

PLEASE PS+! SHOW ME SOME OF LOVE AND GIVE ME A PS VITA GAME FOR FREE!! MAYBE MORTAL KOMBAT OR DISGAEA 3.

RulitoCR said:

January 14th, 3:25 pm

Darksiders!!! This update is awesome!!!

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 14th, 3:27 pm

@mnstrings – It’s the only word I wanted to use to described all three, but your concern with the word? How about thinking about what I was mainly stating, more variety while bringing out a full-game. I’ve had fun with a few games on here but the only full based games they can offer is that type than its pretty much getting. Also if you paid a little bit more attention to this post you would see what I thought about the actual game.

-My comment #44 “Another weird dark feeling game, so much for variety. mostly has been arcade classics, fighting, “beat em up’s like that guy said that’s actually Action – (fighting really)…. Bleh I will however give this a try before I do the rates, seems strange and interesting at the same time.”

Note the end says – “Bleh I will however give this a try before I do the rates, seems strange and interesting at the same time”

Then I read what Morgan commented on about the full games.

So please stay informed better before reviewing what I say.

ItaChu said:

January 14th, 3:27 pm

supvic your wrong man its not a week ahead its a day ahead lol even worse i just dont get why sony doesnt take a hint and do one simple thing like the europe blog lol

dilbig5 said:

January 14th, 3:27 pm

@267 Neither of those games have any gameplay similarities

jolmash said:

January 14th, 3:27 pm

Now we’re talking :) Darksiders FTW! Thanks!

ItaChu said:

January 14th, 3:31 pm

put ps plus for 40 bucks a year for one month see how many suscribers youll get again another hint from sony europe :)

sincrin said:

January 14th, 3:32 pm

Morgan thanks a lot!! Gonna enjoy this game!

SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT said:

January 14th, 3:33 pm

Very Nice!!!

LordZwan said:

January 14th, 3:34 pm

So… Yeah, Darksiders is a nice touch!, but sadly, nothing for me this week. Why give us (Psvita’s plus) a -50% on a game of 4 bucks? really? Why don’t make a -50% of psp games or ps1 classic? o some old, old Vita’s game like “touch my katamari” ?… No, better on game that cost 4 bucks…

Why not free instead?… 2 bucks… my God…

Again, Nice touch with “Darksiders”! I applaud that…

MrBulldogger said:

January 14th, 3:35 pm

Freaking awesome because I just got out bid on eBay for it!

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 14th, 3:35 pm

@dilbig5 – again, pay attention. I’m not talking about the actual gameplay, I’m talking on a theme base, all three don’t give out a dark vibe? okay.

sincrin said:

January 14th, 3:36 pm

Morgan do you think you guys can give us Mass effect 1? or Killzone 1 or discounted
how about some discount on PS2 Final Fantasy series 6 on… and Max payne 1 – I didnt c Max payne 2 in the store, will you guys be able to get that as well?

Wolokowoh said:

January 14th, 3:36 pm

Not bad this week Darksiders for me . If Stardrone has demo I check that out and decide whether or not drop two big ones on it.

onslaughtree said:

January 14th, 3:39 pm

@261. Dude are you serious ? the ps3 has been out for over 6 years now and you dont have one, the Vita was released last year and you already own It, I highly doubt that you are still waiting to purchase a ps3. But you can always be asured that when you DO decide to purchase your ps3, there WILL be games on the IGC waiting for you to download….Crazy world we live in.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 12