Overwatch

Jan 21

Jan 21

PlayStation Plus Updates: 75% Off Many Acclaimed Titles, Free Foosball

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Announced earlier today, we’re excited to bring you plenty of discounts this week as part of the 13 for ’13 sale starting tomorrow in the PlayStation Store! In addition to the sale, which offers a 75% discount for PlayStation Plus members on all the featured games, we’ve also got an addition to the Instant Game Collection for both PS3 and PS Vita with Foosball 2012. Read on to find out all the details this week for PlayStation Plus members and then let us know what you think with the poll, as well as the comments.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 22nd PlayStation Plus Update

13 for ’13 Sale

75% off Featured PS3 Titles for PS Plus members

We’re not done ringing in the New Year yet! Kick off 2013 with some of the best games available on PSN. PlayStation Plus members get the best deals on these with an astounding 75% off on all the featured titles. Amazing titles like the critically acclaimed The Unfinished Swan, Warp and even the classic Psychonauts will be all on sale. Check out the full list below and get in on the 2013 celebration when these go on sale with tomorrow’s PS Store Update.
Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
LittleBigPlanet Karting $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Ratchet & Clank $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $7.99 $3.99 $2.00
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection $24.99 $12.49 $6.25
Warp $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Shank 2 $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
NiGHTS into dreams… $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Jet Set Radio $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Psychonauts $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
Machinarium $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Foosball 2012 (PS3 and PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

Jump in to this remarkably fun sports title that captures the fun and spirit of Foosball! With fun single player and multiplayer modes and PS Move support, there’s a lot to love with Foosball 2012. If you own both the PS3 and PS Vita, you’ll also appreciate full cross-compatibility between the two platforms. Not only can you play online against people on the other platform, but you’ll also have your saves automatically synchronized between your two PlayStation consoles. Download it free as a PS Plus member with tomorrow’s PS Store update.

escapeVektor (PS Vita)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Get your hands on the fun gameplay of new release PS Vita title escapeVektor. You’ll take control of Vektor, who has been imprisoned inside the CPU and he needs your help to escape. With 150 nodes (levels) and 27 zones (worlds) to escape from, and tons of enemies and obstacles for you to overcome, you’ll find yourself with plenty to keep you gaming. Read more about escapeVektor in the PS Blog’s preview from last week featuring the game’s Creative Director Nic Watt.

What’s your favorite content from this week’s PS Plus update?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to hit the poll above. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-22-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 12

Ghostwize said:

January 21st, 10:03 am

Foosball 2012! Finally! :P :D

greggysmalls1 said:

January 21st, 10:04 am

The LBP Karting deal is awesome. I bought it at $39 and it was worth every dollar. Sadly, the game must not have sold well for such an extreme price cut this early.

Other than that, nothing too much for me this week. But seriously, jump on the LBPK deal if you don’t have it!! The game is great

Phoenix9889 said:

January 21st, 10:04 am

Yay free Foosball

pinguino27 said:

January 21st, 10:05 am

AMAZING sale!!!! But Foosball? Seriously? Wow……

Ghostwize said:

January 21st, 10:06 am

EU has a Square Enix sale going for the 25th anniversary. Any info on that coming over the pond? I’ve been waiting for a SE sale. :D

poodude said:

January 21st, 10:07 am

Nice to see Foosball 2012 getting some love. Played that game a bunch during the Summer.

Smert_ said:

January 21st, 10:07 am

Wow- LBP Karting is an amazing deal with PS+! …That’s the only one that catches my eye this time. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 21st, 11:01 am

Thanks and hope you enjoy LBP Karting =)

pinguino27 said:

January 21st, 10:07 am

Ohhhh I get it. Foosball 13 must be coming out soon, so we get Foosball 12 for free!! Thanks!!! ::sarcasm::

Anddo said:

January 21st, 10:07 am

escapeVektor should be $4.99. Booo

Not happy with this +update.

Andy10003 said:

January 21st, 10:08 am

Couldn’t you guys have put up the Jak Collection and Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on sale instead of the first game in the series. I’ve never played any of those games so I would have bounced at the opportunity to get the collections. Unfortunately since it’s only the first game I won’t be getting it :( Although thanks for the discount on the unfished swan

dyiing4life said:

January 21st, 10:08 am

Well, the sale is about it for me. Might pickup Unfinished Swan. But after last week I wasn’t expecting anything major.

the_ghostmen said:

January 21st, 10:08 am

will this also be available in the EU (i don’t want stupid final fantasy games sorry)
please

ResistanceGTA said:

January 21st, 10:08 am

Discounts for me. All in all, a rather nice sale, if you need to add to your collection, some of these are a steal for sure. I own most of them, but I will pick up a few things. Downloading the demo for Unfinished Swan to speed up the process tomorrow. And look, they are all 75% off, not up to that, so that’s always a good sign.

Looking forward to Gamers Choice more though, when we get to make the decisions, that was an amazing sale last year.

FoggyRock said:

January 21st, 10:09 am

Foosball. That’s the free new game for the Vita? Way to go Sony for not showing the Vita any love. I know that I won’t be recommending PS Plus subscriptions to any Vita owners that come in to the game store I work at if that’s the type of support that’s going to be given to the Vita.

JTruF210 said:

January 21st, 10:09 am

This is a really good sale. Another throw away free game though, but I wouldnt expect much when there’s 75% off some really good games. Thanks

Kieferw said:

January 21st, 10:09 am

Actually the sale is quite nice lbpk for 10 its still 59.99 in a few stores, psychonauts and Machinarium all awesome

spikeking365 said:

January 21st, 10:10 am

can we please get crysis 1 or 2 ,guardians maybe, or a good (J)Rpg no more of these little baby games i love plus but EU is kicking our butt in free games please can we get something better next week or maybe a hint

mrgerbik03 said:

January 21st, 10:10 am

psychonauts for 2.50? Yes

Will also pick up Unfinished Swan

dyiing4life said:

January 21st, 10:10 am

But this definitely the best sale since I picked up Shadow of the Colossus for $7.49

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 21st, 11:03 am

Yeah definitely a lot of great games to choose from. I’ll likely pick up Warp since I missed it when it came out but always heard good things.

Ikaros19 said:

January 21st, 10:10 am

wow thank you sony!! finally a great Update :D

Mafia_Steve said:

January 21st, 10:11 am

LBP Karting will be mine. Still would like to see some more free themes added, preferably non-game specific ones.

Morgan, will NHL Game Center be back, now the NHL is back? I noticed that the app was free, but not the subscription, but I also recall seeing it in the Plus menu last year (I wasn’t a plus member until June). How did that work, and will it come back?

pmpy_406 said:

January 21st, 10:11 am

Thank you Playstation for your continued effort to bring us great content and amazing variety. The discounts are something that I used to not really care about, but after acually looking at how much money im saving on excellent title, I cant help but go down and throw some more money on my account. Thanks a lot guys, but one request would be to throw up some more avatars for the older generation, most of em i fend to be a little too young for me.

Christian399 said:

January 21st, 10:12 am

Only exciting thing this week is a digital version of Ni No Kuni. Please get that backlog and future release calendar of JRPGs out digitally as well, Morgan.

Some of these games, especially the NISA ones, are impossible to find.

Tuuk1234 said:

January 21st, 10:13 am

How are PS2 Classics chosen?

I’d like to see Dragon Quest 8 and some the Shin Megami Tensei games show up, are they voted on or nominated?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 21st, 11:06 am

Regarding how PS2 Classics are chosen: Combination of technical considerations (the games are being emulated on PS3; it’s not the same tech that originally powered them), publisher approvals on the individual games, and any miscellaneous licensing issues.

IzoGray said:

January 21st, 10:14 am

Foosball as a free game better be a joke.

I don’t think anyone has ever even wished that it take up a free game spot on Plus.

This better not be it for Vita/PS3 Plus content.

Just terrible.

YungShep said:

January 21st, 10:14 am

the 13 for 13 easily make up for free foosball. but at least more people can try it, i bought it last year and couldn’t get online with anyone, it features cross-game play as well for anyone curious

saab01 said:

January 21st, 10:15 am

Thanks for the free Foosball was not expecting this at all to go free anytime soon.

I do have a question I will be leaving the country soon for 2 weeks and I don’t want to miss out on any items available through plus what can I do to not miss out?

I wish the website had an option to purchase stuff from the Playstation Store and set to download on my PS3. I hope this issue will be resolved soon.

four24twenty said:

January 21st, 10:15 am

Foosball? More like “Loseball”!

Moosehole said:

January 21st, 10:15 am

I’ve been holding my tongue on these plus updates for the last month or so, but I can’t do it any longer. This update is absolutely horrible. You should be embarrassed.

AnoyoIkari said:

January 21st, 10:15 am

The sale is great, Foosball though. I hope the remainder of my year for PS+ is better than these offerings for my vita portion of the service.

four24twenty said:

January 21st, 10:15 am

I am going to finish that swan for cheap though.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

January 21st, 10:16 am

Never played Foosball, so Thank you for the freebie, the amazing discounts, and looking forward to what the next free game will be for PlaystationMobile.

Also the Demos. Thanks again!

triedallthem said:

January 21st, 10:16 am

These aren’t “some of the best games available on PSN”, but they’re not bad picks. I only am thinking about getting one or two of them, if i get any. Also, I thought u guys finally figured out what kind of games people are looking for on Plus, but apparently I was wrong. We’re not looking for Foosball, we need more games like Borderlands, Bioshock, or Darksiders. I would personally like to see another shooter, maybe Killzone. Thanks for trying though SONY

UltimateDisco said:

January 21st, 10:16 am

I hate to be that guy, but Little Big Planet Karting dropping so tremendously is due to a couple factors; sales are bad, and it’s just not that good of a game. It feels very bland and boring, which is a shame, because LBP is a brilliant series. Even at $10 for Plus members, I don’t recommend it.

As for the other 13-for-13 deals, The Unfinished Swan for $3.75?! Are you kidding?! That is fantastic! Warp, Shank 2, and Machinarium are all steals for Plus members, too! You can literally get all four of the games for just over $10. Now that’s what I call a deal!

Thanks a ton, gentlemen. I’ll definitely be getting some new games this week! Next time, how about you let us know a little more about the Vita… and how about a massive price drop on the insanely prices memory cards already.

YungShep said:

January 21st, 10:16 am

yall need to really tell ign to give yall the credit when they’re posting updates about things like this. they do a copy and paste job and never credit the playstation blog. i hate ign..

sparepart said:

January 21st, 10:17 am

I was really expecting a free PSP game to replace the IGC FF Tactics. Please bring more PSP games to Vita Plus.

Kchow23 said:

January 21st, 10:17 am

By far the sale is the only thing really exciting this week… why do we keep getting super niche title that probably didn’t sell at all in the first place.

Volcomkewl said:

January 21st, 10:18 am

So Darksiders last week for free,
And then you give us this…Foosball…
Are you kidding me? Just when i though ps+ was getting good, you give us this! Come on! Europe gets a hell of a lot better games than this! Why can’t America have the same good stuff as Europe? I mean my god, is that too much to ask?

luxuriasin said:

January 21st, 10:18 am

Any reason the Vita was excluded from the sale or do you guys have a small, unannounced sale coming up this week for it? Kind of disappointing to see only PS3 games on that list. Can’t forget about us! D:

four24twenty said:

January 21st, 10:18 am

Back to public results for the vote? I thought that was causing some sort of troubles earlier? Why the double switcharoo?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 21st, 11:10 am

it’s a company holiday for us today; so something somewhere may have slipped, lol. Try not to get too caught up in poll results y’all and just drop good, short, detailed feedback in the comments; and vote as usual!

FarmFreshEggBoy said:

January 21st, 10:19 am

I bought the Unfinished Swan too soon.

Certinty said:

January 21st, 10:19 am

Can’t believe how many times you Americans get awesome sales while us Europeans get useless overpriced crap.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

January 21st, 10:20 am

@37 remember we only get GOOD games once a month. we’ll have to wait until february before we can see how what they give us compared to Darksiders.

sab_krit said:

January 21st, 10:20 am

@Andy10003 Yep, trilogy with 75% would hv been a great deal.

Volcomkewl said:

January 21st, 10:21 am

@42 That is true for the most part.

Motherboop said:

January 21st, 10:21 am

Incredible update Uncle Morgan! Will be picking up a few of these titles, including The Unfinished Swan – thanks!

domrael_psvita said:

January 21st, 10:22 am

Foosball? is this serious?

juujigai said:

January 21st, 10:22 am

There’s a few games I’ll be taking a look at, such as Unfinished Swan and maybe Little Big Planet Karting, but I would have liked to see Vita games involved in this sale. I’m curious to spend more time with Resistance, but the demo didn’t impress me enough to spend full price at retail or digital for it. Which is a shame, because I’m pretty hungry for an FPS or 3PS to take advantage of the Vita’s wonderful control scheme.

Xaveri28 said:

January 21st, 10:23 am

I’ve been meaning to dust of my Move for a while.

House of the Dead and he Unfinished Swan is just what I needed.

Also will get LittleBigPlanet Karting. I’m surprised is so cehap so soon. Suprised but glad :)

nikrel said: