God of War

Jan 24

Jan 24

Introducing the New Sony Entertainment Network Online Store

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store on the web

We’re excited to announce today’s launch of the new Sony Entertainment Network online store, allowing you to browse and buy PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, and more for PlayStation 3, PSP, and PlayStation Vita through the web.

Following the redesign of the PlayStation Store, the new online store offers similar filter and sorting features — making it easier than ever to find what you’re looking for and discover new digital content.

Here’s how it works:

1. Sign in to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ with your Sony Entertainment Network or PlayStation Network username and password.
  2. Browse or search for PlayStation Network games, add-ons, movies, TV shows, or whatever else you’re looking for.
  3. As soon as you buy what you want in the online store, it will be added to the “My Downloads” section in the PlayStation Store on your PS3, PSP, or PS Vita for you to download and enjoy!

Still have questions? Click here to check out the FAQ for the new Sony Entertainment Network online store.

There are more features in the works for the online store – including automatic remote downloads – so stay tuned for the latest.

Also, in case you missed the announcement last week, you can now use PayPal to fund your PSN/SEN wallet via the Sony Entertainment Network account manager on the Web.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5

Nivekwons said:

January 25th, 1:06 pm

So any chance of getting past PSOne Classics back. Like the PS1 Final Fantasy IV that was removed and replaced with the PSP/Vita only version?

saskamazon said:

January 25th, 1:08 pm

this is great news … we were away over Christmas & I was worried about missing some of the sales – this option will resolve that … my Vita only shows me the Vita store – is it not possible to have a PS3 channel option, like the PS3 store has for the Vita ? although with the new web based store, it won’t matter as much … & to all those complaining, let me just say that Sony gets major points for all the things it gets right …. for example, 1 wallet for the master acct. which can be used to purchase content for either your console or your portable device … really appreciate that … I just purchased a Wii U, & let me tell you, they don’t make that easy to use in terms of your acct. I have money on 2 different 3DS units, both linked to my acct. & was forced to go buy a PP CC yesterday to buy a 30 cent game for the Wii U … so lets at least give Sony credit for all the things they do get right …. I will go check the new web store, thanks guys ! really appreciate the 13 for 13 deals …. Unfinished Swan is fantastic !

julianray91 said:

January 25th, 2:32 pm

about time!

tusunami said:

January 25th, 2:48 pm

This store has finally reached the specific space that it needs to be at, just think when the PS store was first introduced. My My we’ve come along way indeed!!!!!

Tenoch_online said:

January 25th, 4:09 pm

I can`t see the store, I just see a black screen. What are the requirements for the store?

Mannik-13 said:

January 25th, 4:12 pm

A vita ONLY filter for games would be nice, specially when looking for demos, as psp demos are not compatible with vita

proxemics said:

January 25th, 4:53 pm

This just wont work for me, keep getting an error when I try to check-out, regardless of browser. Do you have to have funds in your wallet? It should pull automatically from the card on file, yes?

proxemics said:

January 25th, 4:59 pm

Never mind, figured it out. If you’re billing info is incorrect you just get a general error.

elscorcho0 said:

January 25th, 7:35 pm

Does not work at all with safari on an iPad. Will this be fixed?

SANDMAN181314 said:

January 25th, 7:54 pm

hell f… yea i love they new website is alot better and easy to use and i just get on my ps3 and just go to store and go to my downloads and there it love ps3 f.. 360 360 dont got nothing on ps3 ps3 is the s… ps3 rocks all sony proctots good work guys

QueenB82 said:

January 25th, 8:06 pm

Wow…..lovin’ it. It’s soo much better than even the store on PS3 (really, Sony….what’s up w/ that??). And the Paypal option is awesome! It was surprising faster and process for using PP was extremely easy.

This store is a fantastic alternative to the slower store on our systems. Like others have said I hope to see an Android/mobile (iOS or BB) for this, too. Keep the improvements going (and I can say the same for PS3 store, too).

QueenB82 said:

January 25th, 8:24 pm

Oh and as others have said having an option for wishlist would be great too.

The_Dukenator said:

January 25th, 8:24 pm

Take note that this store is still a WORK IN PROGRESS, thus things might not always work as they seem.

Report any issues with the store, so it could be looked into.

WindHebs said:

January 25th, 8:47 pm

Hello,

I added funds to my account a few hours ago today, and it seemed to work. However it gave me a message that it has to authorise the transaction, and so far I’m waiting for that authorisation to go through.

It’s somewhat annoying that the funds aren’t added immediately, and that it takes this long. How long should this take? I wanted to buy some games from the 13 for ’13 sale, but I’m worried that it might not be in time for next tuesday and miss the sale.

Also for future reference, I suggest sales start before paydays, and last a considerable time after them. This would benefit people that aren’t left with enough money at the end of a period, and you would get more sales.

Pariah_Dark said:

January 25th, 9:21 pm

This is a good start.

But you guys really need to add a way to situate the download lists a little better for our purchases. If you’re a frequent buyer that needs to redownload something, it’s a pain in the behind to have to sift through potentially thousands of purchases just to find what you’re looking for.

TriangleOffense said:

January 25th, 11:14 pm

Thank you for giving me an alternative to that awful new store

gwa_adeon said:

January 26th, 12:33 am

Oh man finally PayPal to reload your wallet!

seraph979 said:

January 26th, 1:30 am

i’m not able to get the PS Plus price on the web store. it still shows the full price

SIGGFUS said:

January 26th, 9:23 am

Keep up the good work.
I’m glad I can also use my PayPal account rather than my credit card, now.

The_Dukenator said:

January 26th, 1:41 pm

@201 No idea.

@214 Try the PS3 PS Store instead.

Wolokowoh said:

January 26th, 3:00 pm

This is great for me. Finally I don’t have to call a friend up to add stuff to my download list for me. I sttil have to haul my PS3 elsewhere to download stuff thanks to where I live but I finally purchase stuff on PC for myself. A disadvantage of living in rural area has just been lifted.

M1ing0o said:

January 26th, 6:33 pm

I cant Add funds with paypal. Everytime i try, i receive a message saying: There may be a delay in procesing the transaction and the transaction never occurs, please help me i need to leave all my money to SEN haha

SUGATA_RUS said:

January 27th, 2:15 am

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION about PS Store and My downloads list:

When will we get in My downloads list
– SEARCH?
– SORTING by Date, by Type, Category??
– MULTI-DOWNLOADS selected items???

SONY, for example i have 1500 items in my Download list (some of them impossible to find in PS Store), so i need to manually scroll ALL my downloads with very slow and laggy interface (i have not even quick scroll to the bottom)! Now 2013, guys, its terrible!!!

Robotik1er said:

January 27th, 4:27 am

Will the PS2 game Scarface ever get released on psn? it would be real nice if it did like San Andreas happened..anything on that?

FireCage said:

January 27th, 4:58 am

Very nice! =)

looks amazing too =)

vorpal_dude said:

January 27th, 5:29 am

@Kristine Steimer
To add founds via paypal does the paypal account needs to be from USA?

Thanks!

vorpal_dude said:

January 27th, 5:29 am

People, if you want to use the site with an unsupported browser just make it send a fake user-agent in the HTTP messages. Just google something like “change user agent on ******”, I’m using Chromium on Linux and by doing this I could access the store

The_Dukenator said:

January 27th, 8:23 am

@220 It depends on the rights holders.

Ryokku said:

January 27th, 9:31 am

Cool!

J4rden_ said:

January 27th, 1:14 pm

Well i used paypal to add some cash (25$) to my account, i did this on wednesday today we got sunday and my money still didn’t arrived.
Anyone got that problem?

xMochii- said:

January 27th, 1:59 pm

Finally! [=

EagleEye1324 said:

January 27th, 3:40 pm

About the playstation store on the ps3, Will there ever be an option to go back to the previous playstation store??? I was very VERY sad after the remodeling and was shocked that you guys remodeled it to begin with. The previous store had the blue color scheme, (same color scheme as the PSP and VITA’S Store), was WAY FASTER and WAY MORE EASY TO NAVIGATE. I am still sad to this day about the “New, Faster Better, Remodeled PlayStation Store.”

ChainClutch said:

January 27th, 9:42 pm

Finally! awesome feature i love it. the browsing is a million times faster using the web version then the super slow psn store on the ps3 which takes me forever to find a game due to how slow it runs. Cant wait for automatic downloading! also great job on the paypal feature!

bhm65 said:

January 28th, 1:01 pm

YAY!!!!!!! Finally new psn store look better, than the current psn store look bad and didn’t like, it little confuse to find. YAY!!!!!!! new psn store fix it fast I want that psn store.

mslorenzoni said:

January 29th, 4:10 am

Hey, anyone there having problems with PS Store on the Vita?

After the launching of the web store I keep getting error NP-2243-1. Don’t konw how to fix it :/

mslorenzoni said:

January 29th, 4:13 am

Oops. Looks like rebooting the system solved the thing. :)

lajaro said:

January 29th, 6:00 am

Ah, this is so much nicer than the store on the PS3 or Vita. Thank you!

But more work (or QA) on the search engine / content tagging might be needed, though. For example, searching for “little big planet” yields zero hits (have to search for “lbp” and even then, doesn’t turn up all the costume packs).

One other thing that still appears to be broken is the “Top Downloads” section on the Vita version of the store. Either that, or noone is buying anything from it, in which case you might have bigger problems on your hands.

NINEK_CRO said:

January 29th, 8:13 am

I added founds over paypal three days ago and I still haven’t recieved any founds on store.
How long does it take to proces paypal transaction?
I’m afraid that 13 for ’13 will end before I recieve money on store.

edjamer said:

January 29th, 12:04 pm

Regarding Linux support, which was confirmed to be “coming soon”: YAY!

Shadow_Enz said:

January 29th, 3:04 pm

Does this mean that the in-console PS3 Playstation Store can revert back to a less resource-intensive and thus less extremely-laggy store experience, since the web users can make due with the more resource-intensive design and layout?

I hate to complain, but it’s unbearable to navigate the store on my console, and I’d to be able to still shop on my console. You know, that is if SCE still likes taking my money…

*sigh*

FetusZero said:

January 29th, 4:01 pm

“the new online store offers similar filter and sorting features — making it easier than ever to find what you’re looking for and discover new digital content.”

Seriously? The PS Store has the worst filtering, sorting and searching features I’ve seen in a very long time. Hopefully the Online one actually finds what you’re searching for. I spent forever searching for GaiaSeed. First searched for the PS1 import section.. nope, doesn’t exist anymore. Searched via the search feature.. nope, we can’t find GaiaSeed. Looked through PS1 classics.. nope, PS1 imports aren’t in PS1 classics. I had to manually go through every single PS3 games to find it.

PlayerVersusMe said:

January 29th, 10:25 pm

I don’t know how many people are having this problem but I’ve seen one guy with the same problem on the first page, but I purchased something on the web store and it went to my downloads list on my PS3 just fine, but when I go to the game directory on the PS3 store does not show as “purchased.”

Seiji_Mad_Dog said:

January 31st, 7:06 am

Good news! Few suggestions:

1) Game’s screenshots shouldn’t be optional. Seriously, when I had to browse the store on Vita, I was forced to have my tablet by my side to check screenshots and videos for a lot of games, to decide to buy or not. Now I still have to do that, but at least I can use another tab in my browser. Shouldn’t have to.

2) In the web store, when I select Vita, I should be able to filter out PSP titles. PSP have a lot of great titles, but sometimes you want to browse games that are exclusive to the console you bought.

3) More genres. We have no “RPG”. Seriously?!?!?! :'(
PS3 have some famous and critically acclaimed RPG titles, I think we deserve a genre to find it more easily.

4) Vita looks to be cast aside in the web store. There are “top PS3 full games”, “top PS3 addons”, but no tops for Vita in the main page (I know we have it under Discover).

5) Discover section should be something more personalized. Like, based on my game library and/or recent purchases.

6) Display a warning saying that I can’t use premium avatar on Vita. Just bought one to test, but the only way to use it is to change on your PS3 (and I don’t have a PS3). Glad it was just $0.50.

Fonguitow said:

February 1st, 8:54 pm

test

tinaz69t said:

February 6th, 6:04 pm

you should add HBO GO

willster98 said:

February 11th, 9:11 pm

Finally a way to actually browse and purchase games on the PSN (I refuse to call it the SEN because that’s super lame) since the new store launched on the PS3, which I might add is a total piece of trash now. I really want the old store back but the web store will have to do.

VnGamer234 said:

February 15th, 6:50 pm

Needs to be supported for the PS Vita browser, then it would be really useful.

INycto said:

February 18th, 9:30 pm

I´m guessing you took stuff out. I was gonna buy a DLC for Socom Confrontation. But… Looks like the new PS store doesn´t have it. I would like to know if DLC Coldfront Pack for Socom Confrontation will be available again? Or am I just searching in the wrong areas? Help?

CarbonBeast said:

February 20th, 8:08 pm

its not working with ubuntu firefox..

PAGE 1 3 4 5