PlayStation VR

Jan 28

Jan 28

PlayStation Plus: Sign Up For a 1-Year Membership, Get 3 Months Free

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation Plus 12+3

We’re continuing to bring you great offers here at PlayStation to start off 2013 right, and our latest deal can help you take advantage of everything PlayStation Plus has to offer for the rest of the year and beyond. For a limited time, we’re giving you three extra months of Plus at no additional cost when you sign up for a one-year membership.

The time to become a PlayStation Plus member couldn’t be better. We ended 2012 with the addition of PlayStation Plus and the Instant Game Collection on PS Vita, for a combined savings of $2,472 for the year. That includes free games and discounts for both PS3 and PS Vita, and we’ve got plenty more plans for PlayStation Plus in 2013. Yesterday we released our brand new Classic White PlayStation 3, which comes with a huge 500 GB hard drive (plenty of room for your Instant Game Collection). The Classic White PS3 package also comes with a voucher for one year of PlayStation Plus — if you redeem the voucher during this special promotional period, you’ll receive the bonus three months of free games, discounts and exclusive features through PlayStation Plus. And those of you who are already reaping the benefits of PlayStation Plus are in luck—you can stack your membership to take full advantage of this great offer!

This deal won’t be around forever, so make sure to act quickly. We’ll be offering the PlayStation Plus 1-year (+ 3 months) deal starting now and running through March 4th. Oh, and don’t forget to check PS.Blog later on, when we’ll have more Plus news, including a new addition to the Instant Game Collection.

See you on PSN!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

RocketJohnson said:

January 28th, 6:04 am

Agh! I just got mine last week. TIMING! LOL great deal though!

ro-kurorai said:

January 28th, 6:04 am

Currently I’m a subscriber until 2014, how can I take advantage of that offer as well?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 9:16 am

Well, you can keep on stacking that membership if you’d like. PS Plus isn’t going anywhere.

lamaryo123 said:

January 28th, 6:06 am

PS+ !!!!! Been a subscriber since 2011 xD

Keybloker said:

January 28th, 6:06 am

Maybe if you guys start posting some good content for plus members, like in PSN Europe for example, I’ll get those 15 months ;)

JimmyHACK said:

January 28th, 6:06 am

Stacking membership the the way to go! Glad that US has a Plus membership deal running.

AnoyoIkari said:

January 28th, 6:08 am

Yeah, I jumped on when they addd vita games. Still, this is why Sony is making me a bigger and bigger fan of theirs. I’ve had my LIVE account for six years and haven’t got a fraction of the incentives I’ve gotten in two months in PS+. I’m definetly resubscribing next year.

Godchild1020 said:

January 28th, 6:08 am

So, I can buy a $50 dollar PSN Plus card from a store or from the PSN the Store and still get an extra 3 months?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 9:26 am

Just got the news that it WILL work if you buy a 1 year Plus membership at retail. As long as you redeem it anytime from now until 3/4.

ItaChu said:

January 28th, 6:09 am

yeah i think ill be getting ps plus next month ;)

ItaChu said:

January 28th, 6:13 am

jummm …. so i put in the PS+ year code …. and automatically the 3 month one will pop up afterwards or are you guys gonna send a psn message afterwards with the 3 month code???

Suicide_Surfer said:

January 28th, 6:17 am

My brother already has plus, can we get this to add to our current subscription?

Suicide_Surfer said:

January 28th, 6:19 am

Oh nvm just read the stacking part

H7E7R7U said:

January 28th, 6:21 am

I was gonna extend PSN Plus subscription on June, when my current subscription almost expire. Now, I’m seriously thinking to extend the subscription before 4 of March.
Temptation, temptation, temptation…

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 9:19 am

Yeah I can’t say if this deal will come around again this year, so it may be best to hop on it now.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

January 28th, 6:25 am

Does this work if I use a one year ps+ card that I bought at Best Buy?

Larfleeze2814 said:

January 28th, 6:26 am

Ok, so i LITERALLY purchased my yearly subscription yesterday, on the 27th. ANY chance i might get this?

JoeGoodsnake said:

January 28th, 6:27 am

I hope you start off February with a bang to encourage new subscribers into signing up.

Volcomkewl said:

January 28th, 6:29 am

I sure hope this isn’t what we get for this week’s content. If so then this tops last weeks crappy game; Fooseball 2012, oh boy.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 9:20 am

We have another update coming this morning with an addition to the Plus Instant Game Collection, and a handful of discounts.

Fardeenah said:

Entering the Plus Service in February:
6th February: Sleeping Dogs
6th February: Quantum Conundrum
6th February: F1 Race Stars
13th February: WipEout 2048
20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

its a shame that US PS plus user s are getting crappy games for plus, especially vita users. being an owner for ps plus only for vita… its becoming less and less good to be a member… foosball… and all these chronovolt and bad games. really…. when will we get a proper game like mortal kombat or even luminess … sino mora would be good, even escape plan or rayman would be a good game….

snakeeyes211 said:

January 28th, 6:31 am

@Morgan so if I go to my retail store and buy a year of PlayStation plus you’re going to add three months? Or do I have to buy it from PSN?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 9:27 am

Also, just confirmed that it will work if you buy the 1 year Plus at retail; as long as you redeem it by 3/4.

dragonmagician said:

January 28th, 6:34 am

Like most a saying already, I hope the content we are getting for Plus between now and March 4 convinces me to renew. The Vita content has been disappointing; maybe this is because there isn’t enough games on the Vita, but if that is the case, you really shouldn’t have started off with 6 great games. The expectations have been set too high. And what happen to all the free themes and avatars?

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

January 28th, 6:37 am

@16 it clearly says that they will be updating with a new IGC addition later.

I’m seriously thinking of hitting this deal since regardless of its downs I love PSPlus XD Do hope to get a decent Vita title soon though ^^”’

JoeGoodsnake said:

January 28th, 6:39 am

@Fardeenah

I’ve been closely following updates between US and EU and it seems to have stabilized at least last month. While we only got two 2010 games (NBA Jam and Darksiders), EU only got the one 2010 game (BioShock 2). This month’s 2012 release game for EU (Sleeping Dogs) will be a hard one to top, but I’m hoping these guys will pull through since last month’s offerings were starting to get better than the usual.

I’m waiting on the next post today (I’m expecting that this isn’t the weekly PS Plus update) to see if they at least match the quality of Sleeping Dogs.

=======================

@dragonmagician

At the very least, I’d hope they start adding PS1 and PS2 classics to get on the Vita if they cannot yet give out Vita-exclusive games. I understand that, being a new console, it may not have enough games to be given out for free. But there is absolutely no reason not to release PS1/PS2/PSP classics for the Vita at the very least.

MaxxAmmo said:

January 28th, 6:42 am

Arrrgh!

I would grab this deal but my ISP sux and d/l’ing full games is too dang slow!!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

January 28th, 6:42 am

I will definitely stack this deal onto my current membership. Just please improve the PS+ content!

Volcomkewl said:

January 28th, 6:42 am

@20

Yes, thank you for point this out man, I didn’t see it until now, I had to read it fast as i’m currently in class.
Can’t wait to see what’s in store later for us though. (:

abcdsb111 said:

January 28th, 6:44 am

i hope bayonetta will be free on plus euro get final fantasy sales motorstorm apocalypse, mortal kombat. sleeping dogs and a £7.99 3 month subscription.us plus get foosball i hope something big will come up next update

epizzati said:

January 28th, 6:44 am

@morgan, even though i would like sleeping dogs and lumines for plus , i wont complain i love the service and the fact that you keep improving it (loving darksiders so far). the only thing i want differents is to have MONTHLY UPDATES ! Please , keep up.the good work

dustyjack_ said:

January 28th, 6:46 am

I jumped on this deal a couple of days ago.
I’ve been subscribed since the first month and i’m absolutely thrilled with the service.

BigSqueek said:

January 28th, 6:48 am

Like a few have posted, I bought ps plus last week. Any chance that all January adopters will have this extended to them? Keep up the great work!

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

January 28th, 6:51 am

@24 no problem dude we all make mistakes lol and I’m in class too how coincidental. I am also excited to see what we get Im hoping for something Vita related but I won’t hold my breath lol I’ll be content with a good PS3 title.

alexus80s said:

January 28th, 6:55 am

DO NOT PÀY FOR THIS PEOPLE!!

PSN+US IS GARBAGE

LOOK AT EU UPCOMING RELEASES…

BESIDES COSTUMER SERVICE IS SO BAD ALSO (MY PSN+ FREE GAMES DATABASE IS CORRUPT OR SOMETHING AND I CANT DOWNLOAD 3 FULL PSN+ GAMES ANYMORE, COSTUMER SERVICE GUY THINKS IM RETARD)

I GREATLY REGRET ABOUT US PSN+

I KNOW ITS JUST $50, BUT I EARN MY MONEY AND I DONT LIKE TO WASTE IT!!

REPEAT:

DONT PAY FOR THIS, CHECK EU PSN+ OFFER FOR THIS MONTH

NeoKurow said:

January 28th, 7:01 am

I bought a 1 year subcription from Amazon yesterday and they gave me the extra 3 months. Great Deal! :)

Xnightwish said:

January 28th, 7:02 am

is this the playstation plus update for the week? cause this deal was active last week

madribar said:

January 28th, 7:02 am

Hey, give us Sleeping Dogs like the PS Plus Europe!!!

ItaChu said:

January 28th, 7:02 am

wow europe is getting Sleeping Dogs for free…. wow

iDotDotDot said:

January 28th, 7:06 am

I just got PS+ last weekend, if we get Sleeping Dogs this month its already paying off

DJHaole said:

January 28th, 7:09 am

Man I just got my year last week :( no three months for me

DeviantBoi said:

January 28th, 7:11 am

I bet we’re getting a PSN game that has DLC for sale.

Xnightwish said:

January 28th, 7:16 am

@34 we won’t get sleeping dogs, we never get the same content as europe until later if at all, my prediction for this month is gonna be nhl 3 on 3 arcade, bioshock 1 and blast factor

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 28th, 7:17 am

Seems like a good promotion, I’ll probably take advantage of it, and it’s good to see it lasts till March. With people assuming that we’ll see the PS4 this year or maybe sometime next year, I’m guessing that Sony will have it support PS Plus as well…Anyway thanks Morgan! (I’d hate to see the comments on this post a couple hours from now when all the haters get on)

Misbik said:

January 28th, 7:18 am

Great offer! I’m wishing I hadn’t just recently renewed….

What I’m really wishing for though, is that this month’s PS Plus offerings are identical to what Europe is getting with Sleeping Dogs and F1 Race Stars!

DeviantBoi said:

January 28th, 7:20 am

You should’ have offered this deal back in December when the subscriptions of those people that have been on PS+ since day one were up for renewal.

remanutd5 said:

January 28th, 7:20 am

when are we getting Resistance 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse or Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time on the ps3?
Resistance Burning Skies, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Escape Plan or Rayman on the psvita?
anyways are we getting Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault on the vita tomorrow? has it been delayed again? any new info on Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway?

TinCannEd said:

January 28th, 7:20 am

Nice. My PS+ Ends on Feb 9. I Love it. Keep the awesomeness coming Morgan.

FilooGaroo said:

January 28th, 7:21 am

Bought !

I really Hope i did the appropriate action… i love the january month ! :)

likeanobody said:

January 28th, 7:23 am

This is just something I need! Thanks for the awesome work here PS.
To the Vita owners: Stop blaming Sony for the fact that the console doesn’t have more then 5 or 6 great games, every new console suffers that on the beginning.

rNilla said:

January 28th, 7:24 am

I_Montano_I said:

January 28th, 7:24 am

Lmfao this is a trap. Never signing up for + again.

DonkeyKongKilla said:

January 28th, 7:26 am

@RocketJohnson & DJHaole- could always stack it haha, they said with sub you can stack it by doing it
@Fardeenah – Honestly is it necessary that you put the EU update on here. I mean really? we can look that up ourselves and the people that really compare the two do it themselves anyway. This isn’t even the actual plus update just a promotion deal.

– Buy one year get 3 months free, not bad deal if plus works for you. on the fence if I’m going to even renew still early in it so I’m just like ehhhh pass.

It’s stack-able y’all and for the code questions, I’m thinking just when you put in the code during this time period for a one year then you can get the 3 months.

duke301 said:

January 28th, 7:27 am

This is great, Thank you Sony! My membership is set to expire in early March, so this is a great time to renew. I almost renewed about a month ago, but now I’m glad I didn’t.

@43, You did the right thing, with all the free games and discounts you get through Plus, the membership pays for itself in a month or so. I have some great games there that I probably never would have discovered otherwise!

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 28th, 7:28 am

@ likeanobody The vita definitely has more than 5 great games. It’s just that some people are ungrateful or don’t wanna buy the games they want.

PAGE 1 2 3 5