Farpoint

Jan 28

Jan 28

PlayStation Plus Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Darksiders, Mega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.
Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.
Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.
Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

Let us know what you think of this week’s update in the comments below, and remember to vote in the poll to help us see what you’re excited about from this week’s update. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to chat about (or start one yourself). See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10 11 16

shady965X said:

January 28th, 3:48 pm

AWESOME !!! loving my vita every second ♥

Dang_Man said:

January 28th, 3:49 pm

THESE UPDATES ARE LOOKING ALOT BETTER THAN IT HAS BEEN SINCE THE DECEMBER LET DOWN :( SO HOPEFULLY SOME OF MY FRIENDS WONT DROP THEIR PS PLUS.

hundreddollarsox said:

January 28th, 3:52 pm

@398 was obviously filled with typos galore, but that was meant for TXCScorpion

Yohmaru_EX said:

January 28th, 3:53 pm

No Ps3 free games??? I can’t belive that… But please, at least give us a GOOD game for ps3 on next week.

Morgan, do you know when does konami going to launch YU-GI-OH! 5D’S DECADE DUELS PLUS for psn??

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 28th, 3:54 pm

@ Mahou_86 Don’t you mean “You earned a trophy: weary subscriber won back over!” (Bronze trophy lol)

cat9966 said:

January 28th, 3:54 pm

As a Vita only owner, I am very happy with this week’s offering. I was also happy to discover this week, the new internet store that lets me “purchase” all of the PS3 Plus offerings and store them in my account to use if I choose to purchase a PS3 system. This was a real sore spot for me and I’m glad that it has been finely addressed.

m_lorenzoni said:

January 28th, 3:55 pm

Woohoo! A good Vita game! /

Kangaru14 said:

January 28th, 3:55 pm

Do you think Sony will ever be up for the idea of letting PS+ member vote for what game(s) will be free/discounted next?

four24twenty said:

January 28th, 3:56 pm

Morgan, thank your for the response. I did kinda feel like a genius for a moment, like I cracked a code or somethin’.

I do have a plan though, hear me out. Do to the unfortunate circumstance that I have not yet played Journey, I will wait throughout the end of the PS3’s life cycle to see if it comes up on Plus.

If it does not…

With “PS4” on the horizon, Journey seems like THE game to say goodbye to the PS3. I will buy this game to respectfully part with the old and welcome the new, Plus or not.

nolo451 said:

January 28th, 4:02 pm

Morgan, you need to put it in CAPS next time there’s only a Vita game. Not sure why people keep thinking that there was going to be a PS3 game this week, when most of us have known that was going to be the case for the last week.

Still, know that plenty of us Vita owners are VERY HAPPY with how PS+ is going. As a PS3/Vita owner this subscription is a steal.

EZaxess said:

January 28th, 4:03 pm

Hmm that’s an interesting one, Ninja Gaiden is not my genra but I definitely am curious about trying it out. So this update might just be a good thing for me. At least to experience a game I wouldn’t usually buy and it sure had some good reviews.

Keep it up Morgan, good writing.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 4:34 pm

Thanks; yeah it’s definitely one of the best action games I’ve played. It’s got a bit of a learning curve (regular enemy ninja dudes can regularly take you out if you’re not careful), but once you start getting a feel for it, it’s really something else. You really feel a sense of accomplishment from getting better at the game; which is tough to find imo.

D-Squad3 said:

January 28th, 4:12 pm

I thought it was going to be Sleeping Dogs?

xShanghaiGAMERx said:

January 28th, 4:13 pm

First of all, thank you Morgan and the Plus team for bringing us such a great update. NGS+ is a great vita game.
And second, CRAP!!! I just bought the game less than a week ago…T_T

TSTina said:

January 28th, 4:14 pm

Well, it looks like I’ll be letting my subscription expire on the 31st. In my 4 months as a Plus member, the only games that interested me were Darksiders, Bioshock 2, Space Marine, and Infamous 2. With the exception of Infamous 2, I already had the PC versions of those games on Steam. I also already had physical copies of Little Big Planet 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One. (Those were bundled with my system.) And I have zero interest in military shooters, sports games, brawlers, or similar testosterone-drenched genres that Plus features so frequently. So based on current and past offerings, there is really not enough value for me to renew.

continued…

kjadd said:

January 28th, 4:14 pm

Already bought ninja gaiden. Still great update ! Keep it up sony =)

TSTina said:

January 28th, 4:15 pm

continued from above:

I do however have a SUGGESTION: In addition to the existing incarnation of Plus, create another higher service level and call it Plus Platinum or something along those lines. In addition to the existing benefits and discounts of Plus, Platinum members would have unlimited free access to all games and game content (DLC) available for download from the PlayStation store. (A delay of about 60 days to access new releases would be acceptable.) Think of it as being like a digital version of Gamefly, but only for Sony systems. Naturally, it would have to cost less than Gamefly, since they offer games for 13 systems and Sony only has 3. For a service such as this, I would be willing to pay up to $100 a year, which is double the Plus subscription fee. Of course since it was my idea, Sony could show their gratitude by giving me a free lifetime Platinum subscription. :)

Ejsponge61 said:

January 28th, 4:17 pm

How surreal. I was just playing Ninja Gaiden II at a friends house and we were talking about how much we would like to play the Vita version. Now I get to tomorrow. What divine luck I have!

ArmoredRabbit said:

January 28th, 4:21 pm

Great update. I’ve been wanting to get NGS for a while and to get a new Vita game is great. Thanks!

sora2342 said:

January 28th, 4:21 pm

i wonder what other games would b free on plus? actually, idk how ps+ officially works. i have a month voucher n im wondering, do i get the games free forever or keep paying 4 ps+ 2 keep it?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

January 28th, 4:36 pm

nolo451 below has the correct answer; so what you may want to do is redeem the month code now; see how you like it through February. If you like the games, discounts, service, etc, then you may want to take advantage of the 1 year+3 months offer that expires on 3/5.

nolo451 said:

January 28th, 4:27 pm

@ sora2342,

The games are yours, so long as you are subscribed to PS+. Once the voucher expires, you can’t play the games anymore.

sora2342 said:

January 28th, 4:39 pm

sounds like a good suggeston, thx

drGiggless said:

January 28th, 4:42 pm

Oh my god Europe PS+ is getting MOTHER FYCKIN SLEEPING DOGS for February!! What will we get? My guess is some 5-year old junk. Soo wish I had a European account right :(

Also, that “discout” price of $30 for Madden is hilarious. That game is completely worthless now that the season is over. I wouldn’t even pay $5 for it.

JinchenUS1 said:

January 28th, 4:44 pm

+ neokid832
Agree with you !

ojha_cojek said:

January 28th, 4:45 pm

@cat9966 tnx for that info about internet store and getting all that free plus games for ps3, I don’t have ps3, but who knows what life brings. And now officially i follow ps3 games too so I can purchase them for free while I have plus so I can maybe somewhere sometime download them :)

@morgan Is this game for january or for feb. officialy? I count 4 Vita games from november so I would expect new vita game end of feb or even start of march?

Fx_Mack said:

January 28th, 4:49 pm

Greetings anyone know where I can complain because as my has consumed $ 50 $ 18 to pay the bonus if I authorizes anything when I come to see was renewed only subcripcion plus and I had these $ 50 for 1 year not for 3 months where I complain to my insurance back with the update that had activated the automatic renewal because I had no hope that active prompt response

Kniffin said:

January 28th, 4:54 pm

So what happens when PS4 eventually comes out? Will all this content still work?

Ghostwize said:

January 28th, 4:54 pm

@423 Fx_Mack

You are going to have to speak in coherent English to get an answer to…….whatever that was……

Kniffin said:

January 28th, 4:55 pm

Would love to have Red Dead Redemption and Sleeping Dogs!

ojha_cojek said:

January 28th, 4:56 pm

@ Fx_Mack dude contact support but please use google translator or someone who speaks English as you clearly don’t, no offence

SpooNManX said:

January 28th, 5:08 pm

P L E A S E F I X T H E L I N K

For logging in on mobile devices such as the iPod Touch/iPhone web browser.
It always brings you to a broken link and makes it impossible to leave a comment without the use of a computer.

P L E A S E F I X T H E L I N K

I have asked about this for over a month now and no one seems to be working on it.
Please look into this. I’m sure there are many other faithful PlayStation members who would love to leave a comment, but don’t bother going through all of the trouble to put down the iPhone and turn on a computer just to leave a comment.

Thanks

CrashSpyro said:

January 28th, 5:12 pm

Good update. Thanks.

Sarrop39 said:

January 28th, 5:15 pm

Nice stuff, I traded my copy of Ninja Gaiden years ago and I could never finish it, I may give it another go :)

pers1m0ny said:

January 28th, 5:19 pm

I was going to post a comment but decided that:
“This comment is set to private”

Just like the poll.

Yeah I already posted it a while back. But it seems it got deleted.

What’s the matter, I can’t object to the poll being private? You just deleted my post?

angelspawn77 said:

January 28th, 5:21 pm

Woo hoo! Ninja Gaiden on my Vita! I have the game on my ps3 already, but definitely welcome the brutal and hard hack and slash on the go.

mnstrings said:

January 28th, 5:21 pm

oh look here’s drGiggles right on cue with the same blithering comments.

What’s stopping you from getting a EU membership already? I doubt you will do it, then you wouldn’t be able to have your weekly hissy fits here.

Like most chronic complainers who just call everything offered here crap here, people like you offer no constructive criticism, so its easy to spot trolls like you from a mile away.

Oh well, I should be happy you’ll still be supporting Sony regardless of where you buy your subscription. Win-Win, haha.

SakuraX3 said:

January 28th, 5:23 pm

How big a file is Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? I’ve been meaning to try it out and this is a good opportunity to do so.

TitleOne said:

January 28th, 5:25 pm

@ pers1m0ny ,

Who cares? You cant see the poll anyways, I really dont think anyone but you cares about your little post being removed. Last I heard Marco said they wanted to keep poll talk like yours off the comments. Don’t want your comment deleted? Don’t talk about it then.

If you don’t like it, TOUGH. DEAL WITH IT.

erico316ecw said:

January 28th, 5:26 pm

kindle for vita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

goldenratio13 said:

January 28th, 5:29 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum or now (apologies in advance), but is there an option in the PS Store for gifting? I have an 11 year-old niece who’s a huge Little Big Planet 2 fan, and it would be really cool if I could send her a few costumes, and maybe the Muppets level pack. Anyone know if that’s possible?

pers1m0ny said:

January 28th, 5:31 pm

+ ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 on January 28th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

… I’m sure the surveys/polls over PS+ content shows we aren’t very satisfied with these weak PSN games. …

I guess we will never know… the surveys are ‘private’ now. Guess Sony feels like they need to keep the polls a secret.

Well, as long as that is the case, the only thing I’m commenting on is the fact that the surveys are private.

Kieferw said:

January 28th, 5:32 pm

just realized that it was vita lol ohhh that sucks now :( nothing against vita just dont have one

erico316ecw said:

January 28th, 5:33 pm

mogan since you are replying back how about we get a kindle app on the vita. it locail with the amount of games getting their own books now a days like bioshock , dragon age and mass effect i would love to be able to read game related book/ comics on the vita. mogan so what are the chances of getting a kindle app and can you pass along the idea

pers1m0ny said:

January 28th, 5:35 pm

+ TitleOne on January 28th, 2013 at 5:25 pm said:

@ pers1m0ny ,

If you don’t like it, TOUGH. DEAL WITH IT.

Hahaha you are really funny.

I am dealing with it just fine. I just don’t think its nice to make the polls private. Just making my opinion heard.
For the record, I wouldn’t care if your “little post” got removed either. How would you like it.

And if you don’t like me commenting on this, TOUGH. DEAL WITH IT.

Fx_Mack said:

January 28th, 5:36 pm

@ ojha_cojek thanks men sorry i use translator google but is bad y speack spanish and well show me fo link suport and thanks for writing

ElPresidentEvil said:

January 28th, 5:37 pm

lol, you complain about not getting a PS3 in one week while we Vita owners only get games at the end of the month.

OT: Damn, when I was losing my hopes on PS+ you give us Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and also launch the promotion of the free 3 months, totally going to renew when my subscription ends in mid february.

TJF588 said:

January 28th, 5:42 pm

Not a Vita owner, here (again, those memory cards’ sizes and prices!), but I’ll add it to my D/L list.

Already picked up Greed Corp on some other PS+ discount, so I’ll be tempted to get Gatling Gears, too.

Otherwise, I’ve just become actually enraged/nauseated by the gun-jumping EU+ dry-humpers. I can appreciate your desires, but comparing a month’s worth of content to the last update of the previous month… Oy.

ojha_cojek said:

January 28th, 5:45 pm

@Fx_Mack https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options you have Contact Support email and contact phone. Good luck

sciteach said:

January 28th, 5:50 pm

I love my Vita! I love plus and Vita. Thanks for the cool game update! TOo bad I have a monstrous backlog of vita games to clear out… how big is the file?

Mando44646 said:

January 28th, 5:50 pm

Ugh Madden, really? So many real games you coulda had a sale on

freshprincepbg said:

January 28th, 5:54 pm

Please add Lumines to Vita IGC soon.

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10 11 16