God of War

Feb 04

Feb 04

50% off Select Final Fantasy Games for the Series’ 25-Year Anniversary

Shinji Hashimoto's Avatar Posted by Senior Executive Managing Officer, Square Enix

Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary

Twenty-five years ago, our company launched a game called Final Fantasy. It was the result of a lot of hard work and dedication. It was also the start of a franchise that would go on to capture the hearts of millions of players around the world.

As we celebrate Final Fantasy’s 25th anniversary, we look back on a series that contains 14 installments, numerous spin-off games, and all sorts of merchandise. We are always impressed by the love our fans show for this franchise.

To celebrate this amazing milestone in the history of Final Fantasy, we’re putting a number of Final Fantasy titles on sale on PlayStation Network, starting when PSN updates tomorrow. For two weeks, the following titles will be on sale in PlayStation Store for 50% off.

• DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
  • FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
  • FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
  • Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)

We hope you enjoy these classic titles — the memories they evoke, and the new memories they will create.

Add Your Own

comicfan007 said:

February 4th, 8:58 pm

Great !!! gonna get a few of this tomorrow.

iDotDotDot said:

February 4th, 9:06 pm

I guess i’ll get FFV tomorrow, its the only thing on the list i don’t already own.

Nahela said:

February 4th, 9:27 pm

Very disappointing not to say Final Fantasy III PSP on there :\

El_Colombiano said:

February 4th, 9:41 pm

Who can I get with regarding the fact that I literally just purchased FF VII yesterday and then this sale goes live tomorrow? I feel wronged here.

XpAcErX said:

February 4th, 9:43 pm

This the second final fantasy sale so far and Crisis Core is a no show yet again. All the super fans bought this lineup already. Speaking of which can you please make Crisis core and FF5 compatible with the vita.

dinoko said:

February 4th, 9:59 pm

I guess I am not the only one who just bought one of the games listed (FF VII) recently… I just bought it on Sunday. I wonder if Sony is willing to credit people who bought one of these games in the last fews half the amount of the game’s original price.

JeanLucAwesome said:

February 4th, 11:00 pm

@101 Well it’s possibly they might reimburse the difference to your wallet.

They did that for me when I purchased the DLC pass for a game, only to find them announcing it being half off a couple days later. So who knows.

PrinceofXIII said:

February 4th, 11:11 pm

awesome stuff!!!!

GameQuirks said:

February 4th, 11:36 pm

A nice anniversary celebration would give all those games trophy support. Then, I will buy them all :) But, I know it will not. So, no

Hushed-Massacre said:

February 5th, 12:40 am

You guys are killing my wallet. Having said that – How about some Kingdom Hearts: BBS?
Make it happen Sony & Square-Enix.

Monterossa said:

February 5th, 12:41 am

Waaaaay better than this week PS Plus.

gnooh101 said:

February 5th, 12:48 am

Sorry for the noob question but can the PSONE ones be played on the vita? Also, i have only played FF13 so still very new to this universe so my question is IF i can only get one game from that list, which one would you recommend? Taking into account how far games have come in terms of graphics and combat mechanics.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gnooh

gnooh101 said:

February 5th, 12:51 am

“Taking into account how far games have come in terms of graphics and combat mechanics.”

What i mean by that is i prefer a game that doesnt feel aged. It could have been great at launch because it was a first of its kind and etc but may have aged and not enjoyable in the context of today’s games.

Regards,
Kok Hoong

H7E7R7U said:

February 5th, 1:25 am

@gnooh101 just to be save, download the most recent iteration FF in PSOne, which is FF IX and the most recent iteration in PSP which is Dissidia DuoDecim

dtgfunk said:

February 5th, 1:46 am

Will I be able to download these on Orbis day 1 if I make a purchase now?

EggySong85 said:

February 5th, 1:53 am

Been waiting for an excuse to nab IV complete, and I might add VII to the collection as well.

Smo5000 said:

February 5th, 2:00 am

Sweet! I’ll be picking up 7, 8, and maybe a Dissidia title.

Please…for the love of everything that is Action RPG greatness…BRING BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI TO US PSN! We liked it over here too you know.

brawlbull said:

February 5th, 2:17 am

@gnooh101

I’d Have to say Dissidia 012 would be the perfect gateway to the Final Fantasy universe if you own a psp or vita since its the most polished looking and Lightnings plays a major role in there (and she’s good too), so there’s familiarity.

From there I recommend you work your way backwards with 9, then 8, then 7 (Keep an eye out for 10 HD remake, the one I would recommend but isn’t on PSN).

Now a word to Square,

Please Make Crisis Core available on PSN (another game I’d recommend to help familiarize new players to the FF VII mythos), And Localize Final Fantasy Type-0. Not only that, I’m tired of developers localizing games and not making an effort to MARKET……… their products and get sad and discouraged that they don’t sell well and stop localizing games. STOP relying on the Internet to market games for you. The majority of gamers don’t take the time to search the internet to see what games are coming out.

Sorry for the rant

Fardeenah said:

February 5th, 3:33 am

what abt crisis core??? and no discount for ps plus members?????

Felixcarrara said:

February 5th, 4:36 am

I need all the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary collection, including PS2 and PC!!
The media’s folder and boxes would be excellent …

spudsudz said:

February 5th, 4:58 am

I already have all of these titles… What I would like from Square Enix is something you cannot provide… Kingdom Hearts I & II for play on the Vita…

However I would settle for Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep which you could provide…

hyper-shadow-0 said:

February 5th, 5:14 am

Add Dirge of Cerberus as a PS2 classic..or a HD version along with Crisis Core for PSP…or make a HD remake of it..I mean they did it with the God of War games for the PSP. Those are the big 2 Final Fantasy games missing on the store next to FF10

Kovaelin said:

February 5th, 5:38 am

No FF3? On a side-note, what happened to the Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle on PSN?

tj5678 said:

February 5th, 6:02 am

Square Enix,

As a long time supporter of the final fantasy series, I am quite dissappointed in the 25th aniversary showing. Why are the psp versions of final fantasy 1 and 2, crisis core, kingdom hearts birth by sleep, Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 1 and 2 not available in the US playstation store digitally??? I own all of these games in umd form, but would really like to play them on my vita. I also think its in bad taste not to include the psp version of final fantasy 3 in the sale. I’ve played nearly every game Squaresoft has produced (since the original nes), the lack of psn support is very disheartening. There is money to be made, please put your games in the psn store digitally for purchase. Thanks for reading.

edjamer said:

February 5th, 6:33 am

@119:
Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle disappeared a couple of months ago… but a big price drop for the base game makes that less of a problem. Great game by the way. I was kicking myself for not buying the bundle in time, but think it’s worth every penny of the current $20 price.

Kellwan said:

February 5th, 7:53 am

Ah man! No Final Fantasy III ? It’s the only one I’ve never played. Finish all the one on that list… some more than once. Still nice, but nothing for me.

Icestar10 said:

February 5th, 8:37 am

I recently just bought Final Fantasy 6 not too long ago! lol Why couldn’t this sale come earlier? Oh. well! I want to buy Final Fantasy 4.

rocklima2 said:

February 5th, 8:42 am

I can’t see 50% off, the price is same last week, i have disappointment for ps vita games, poor titles, but i have one.

luvtoseek said:

February 5th, 9:14 am

@ 86, TJF588- Solid breakdown! :)

@ 128, rocklima2- Prices will be updated when the PSN Store refreshes w/ new content this evening.

secularsage said:

February 5th, 9:42 am

Dissidia 012: Duodecim is one of the best games most people missed. I play it on my Vita more than most of my Vita games. It’s one of the deepest, most tactical fighters I’ve ever played, and it’s loaded with fan service for those who have been through the bulk of the Final Fantasy library. It really makes you appreciate how good the Final Fantasy series can be.

I hope Square Enix will consider a console sequel/prequel one day with even more characters, because I’d love to see more supporting characters from FF IV, VI, X and XII make appearances. For example, it’s criminal that Fran and Balthier aren’t included, or Setzer or Seifer or Auron. Rydia could also be an interesting alternative to Yuna.

The story’s a little difficult to follow, but the combat system is awesome, and the soundtrack is a great collection of classic tunes.

My biggest gripe about this sale — where’s Final Fantasy III (PSP)?

Ryumoau said:

February 5th, 9:44 am

Why in the world is neither FF3 on psp or Crystal Defenders part of this deal? No excuse for them to not be included, especially since you have the first Dissidia (which is completely made irrelavant because DuoDecim has its story mode included) and Prologus (an overpriced DEMO) offered on the sale.

secularsage said:

February 5th, 9:49 am

By the way, those who are considering Dissidia — buy 012 and 012 prologue, but don’t buy the original Dissida, because you don’t need it.

012 is a remake with a substantial prelude that fleshes out the backstory and adds in all the new characters. And the 012 Prologue ($1.50 in this sale) is almost like DLC, because it adds a little more story and unlocks Aerith as an assist character (though she’s not playable).

The original Dissidia, while good, takes up more space on the memory card and isn’t as fully developed of a game. Unless you’re a completionist, you won’t need it.

I’d also like to echo the request for PSN to get a downloadable version of Crisis Core, which is not only one of the best PSP games ever made, but one of the better Final Fantasy spin-offs and certainly an essential game for fans of FF VII.

It’d be nice if we could one day get a port of Revenant Wings or Type-0 as well. And Before Crisis would make a great mini…

Here’s also to hoping that a glorious 3D remake of VI and an HD re-release of X and XII are on the way!

Xenobits said:

February 5th, 9:51 am

Can we play the PSP games on our Vitas? Please?

ThiagoArroadie said:

February 5th, 9:54 am

What about Final Fantasy Type-0? Is it ever coming in English? :S

PhantomReaver said:

February 5th, 10:50 am

I just put 20 bucks on my psn account the day before yesturday, was racking my brain trying to figure out if i should buy FFIX, V, and VI, or final fantasy III for psp….I finally decided on the final fantasy III, and even though the game is way overpriced im glad i did…almost every time i buy something it goes on sale the day after….im so glad it didnt happen this time lol.

Finally I will have all the psone FF’s on my vita….I have to say this though….the original final fantasies (1-through 10 for me) are the only games worth purchasing from Enix, and I refuse to put Square in that name since this new company is nothing like squaresoft was….I hate giving them any money after they destroyed the franchise and pretty much anything else they get their hands on….but the original final fantasies on a portable is hard to say no to.

PhantomReaver said:

February 5th, 10:53 am

@Xenobits I just downloaded final fantasy III the other day, its a psp game but works great on my vita, im not sure if all titles work but all the digital psp games I have do in fact work on my vita. Also final fantasy IV is a psp game but if you go under the vita store it also sais it can be used on the vita so im willing to bed they all can be.

FantasyGamer1000 said:

February 5th, 11:01 am

Add Final Fantasy X to PS2 Classics!!!!!

sirius-alfa said:

February 5th, 11:29 am

@swissmr hi!, i recommend you ff VI…. and VII…. and VIII and IX….and if you like something a little bit different but equally pleasant, dissidia 012…. ff1, 2 and iv are great too, but perhaps, the years have not been so kind to them, (just my humble opinion), well.. what can i say, the games that i recommend you, are what I’m buying

:D

dragoduval said:

February 5th, 11:37 am

Damn no FF12 ????

Anyway got duodecim and tactic already.

saintaqua said:

February 5th, 11:37 am

Square, please give us the info on the games we want! Versus XIII, new Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts and Type 0!

ryuuseiSoul said:

February 5th, 11:54 am

Is there anyone who has accessed the updated store yet?

KB2004 said:

February 5th, 12:37 pm

when is the update going to take place i’m lookin at the store and the prices haven’t changed yet.

xAnZeLx said:

February 5th, 12:58 pm

too bad i already got whatever i want…

soraofhearts18 said:

February 5th, 1:05 pm

Darn it i already own all of these…i always seem to miss out on these awesome discount deals…

Rudy3 said:

February 5th, 1:22 pm

I would buy FF XII for Vita in a heartbeat as well as Type – 0 I don’t understand the hold up on releasing these titles. Doesn’t squarenix want my money?

razsam said:

February 5th, 1:42 pm

Just an advice… it should be great that the new Store Web page have the last “Update date” just to know if you are seen the new prices or the oldest prices, like in this case…

ICON-VII said:

February 5th, 1:59 pm

great question pi8you. PSone classics have been out since last August on Vita yet still no Final Fantasy V compatibility for anyone in the US. Is Square Enix even aware of the issue? Why have Japanese and European gamers had it available for Vita? Very very dissapointed I cannot complete my on the go collection without that game.

StarWallace said:

February 5th, 2:05 pm

so…when the heck does this start? It’s already “tomorrow” and I don’t see any sales yet…

DRAQ-520 said:

February 5th, 2:13 pm

Damn, I just got the Prologus, well Duodecim for 10 bucks sounds great, can’t wait to utilize that Aerith Assist with Cloud.

Catastrophe_2008 said:

February 5th, 2:17 pm

so……… about that store update… :s (I WANT DUODECIM NOWWW!!!!!)