PlayStation VR

Feb 05

Feb 05

Star Wars Pinball Launches on PS3 and PS Vita This Month

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar Posted by Managing Director, Zen Studios

Zen Studios has been making pinball games for nearly a decade now, and today is one of the most exciting pinball moments for our studio! We are extremely excited to announce that Star Wars is coming to Zen Pinball 2! Zen Studios has been working closely with LucasArts to create an amazing collection of videogame pinball tables set in a galaxy far, far away!

The first pack of tables include Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Beyond these exciting tables, there are seven others in production as we speak, all to be revealed as 2013 unfolds.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters and unique gameplay. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, it is pretty easy to do. The free download will give you access to a great library of pinball content, where you can download demos for each table and pick which you’d like to buy. All content is cross-buy entitled on PS3 and PS Vita.

Star Wars Pinball

Star Wars PinballStar Wars Pinball

We will be unveiling more details on each table over the next few weeks leading up to launch, so be sure to keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

May the Force be with you!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Etienne66 said:

February 4th, 12:25 pm

Looks good, but how much will it cost?

DCS-Tekken said:

February 4th, 12:28 pm

be nice to have these Pinball machines in Playstation Home…

MPaullin said:

February 4th, 12:33 pm

Wha????? Please take my money! I must have this now!

sptrk75 said:

February 4th, 12:34 pm

Yes, these are the pinball tables that I am looking for!

johnnyp70 said:

February 4th, 12:38 pm

I cannot wait to get my hands on these! If their previous pricing holds form, these should be $2.49 apiece. I’ll take it!

mainkster said:

February 4th, 12:38 pm

wow just wow day 1 purchase , and its a 4 pack yesssss !!!!! , been waiting since civil war , back in action baby !!!

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 5th, 12:33 pm

I’m glad to see you’re as excited as we are! It’s actually a three pack, but there are more coming later!

CatatonicAlex said:

February 4th, 12:42 pm

“This video is private”

robhorine711 said:

February 5th, 12:07 pm

With classics being made by Farsight’s TPA, new (virtual) machines by Zen, Stern and Jersey Jack making new real world machines (JJ just released a Wizard of Oz and a The Hobbit machines with LCD screens), it’s a good time to be a pinball fan again.

terranwolf said:

February 5th, 12:09 pm

I really want to see this as an actual pinball machine. Stern?

Sez_06 said:

February 5th, 12:17 pm

Latin America PSN webstore DOES NOT have search box. It’s almost impossible to find anything on the webstore because the lack of this important feature. USA and Europe webstore have searchboxes. Please check it and fix it!

lisatsunami said:

February 5th, 12:18 pm

This looks exciting, a theme I am actually interested in, although I’m not a pinball enthusiast in general. I hope it sells like, well, Star Wars.

Rez33 said:

February 5th, 12:19 pm

Wow, this was unexpected! AWESOME news! Thanks, Zen.

Currently enjoying both Zen Pinball 2 and The Pinball Arcade and playing them more than anything else, but waiting patiently for stereoscopic 3D in The Pinball Arcade. Zen Pinball is very high quality and the leaderboards are incredibly well implemented. I couldn’t be happier to have this great table on Zen Pinball 2!

I can’t wait for Star Wars Pinball!

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 5th, 12:37 pm

Thanks for your support!

detictiveconan said:

February 5th, 12:21 pm

I’ll buy this pack up right quick. The Episode V table looks cheesy(in a good way ) and I love it!

hungcanh19 said:

February 5th, 12:27 pm

Great news. Off topic, hi, i just want to know is there a release date for Kickbeat? I thought it was coming out last year as i was really looking forward to it, thanks.

crazy_kracker1 said:

February 5th, 12:29 pm

Know I no why I been waiting all this time to download it for Star Wars…

guitarded77 said:

February 5th, 12:29 pm

I’m in as long as you don’t jack-up the price of the tables just because it’s Star Wars. That happens a lot with anything Star Wars related.

pudgenet said:

February 5th, 12:35 pm

First day purchase. I have a bunch of Marvel tables already. Great complement.

I wish someone would make a good pinball peripheral. :-)

TheSporkWithin said:

February 5th, 12:38 pm

I’d love to know pricing info. Will these be purchased as a package, like the Marvel tables, or will they be individual purchases like most of the other Zen Pinball tables?

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 5th, 12:44 pm

We’re not announcing the price yet, but the tables will be sold as a pack of three.

Satnamji said:

February 5th, 12:38 pm

How much for the three tables?

eggmiester28 said:

February 5th, 12:44 pm

as much as i love old star wars i’ld rather have more marvel tables oh well ether way i may get these ones

duke301 said:

February 5th, 12:44 pm

Zen Studios is working closely with LucasArts, or isn’t it Disney at this point? With Disney’s latest announcement that they are going to make a film based solely on Yoda, when I saw this, I get the idea that they are trying to milk everything they possibly can out of the franchise. Either way, since I have the complete Zen 2 collection of tables, all of which are pretty good, I’ll add these as well.

FriedConsole said:

February 5th, 12:49 pm

Awesome. Day one buy. I am not into comics so I didn’t get the Marvel ones but I still love Star Wars. Plants vs. Zombies was super fun along with the Street Fighter one.

Love this on Vita. Please don’t stop the Vita support. This and Pinball Arcade are always played on my Vita. The Pinball Arcade guys need to update their interface to be more like the Zen one.

Scubafinch said:

February 5th, 12:49 pm

Fantastic news… will certainly be picking these up day one. Great work on obtaining the license. After your exemplary work with Marvel I have no doubt these will be amazing!

Can’t wait for the next PS Nation tournament so we can add these into the mix!

AizawaYuuichi said:

February 5th, 12:56 pm

Are these simply going to be added to Zen Pinball 2? Or are you making another downloadable app? That Star Wars Pinball logo is kinda cool, it’d be a shame not to get to use it and have it in my game list.

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 5th, 12:59 pm

The initial release is a 3-table pack for Zen Pinball 2.

GT-420 said:

February 5th, 12:57 pm

Zen Pinball 2 is the best of it’s type on PS3. I’ve tried the other pinball games, but this one is simply superior. Great developers need to be praised. Their pricing is usually also awesome, love the business model too. Zen Pinball is a fantastic gaming value. These SW tables looks like they will continue this heritage.

GT-420 said:

February 5th, 12:58 pm

@AizawaYuuichi

Dang, read the first sentence of this post for the answer to your question.

GT-420 said:

February 5th, 12:59 pm

Edit – second sentence… urp…

Carl-G said:

February 5th, 1:05 pm

I ‘NEEEEEEEED’ that Table on that Video :P :P :P

AizawaYuuichi said:

February 5th, 1:10 pm

@GT-420: I know what the article said. I was trying to ask if there was “also” going to be a new app. Bad wording on my part. Either way, got an official answer to my actual question. Thanks for trying to be a smartass.

hrcrowley said:

February 5th, 1:14 pm

Holy crap!!!, between this and the other table (Twilight Zone) I am in freakin’ pinball Heaven (easily of my favourite genres). Now where the heck is the Skylanders table that has the ability (but not exclusively) to use the figures and portal of power?! Please make it so Zen!!!

FearMonkey said:

February 5th, 1:15 pm

Still waiting on that Disgaea-themed table. T_T

gameman187 said:

February 5th, 1:24 pm

sounds to me the set of 3 tables would be $9.99 unless lucas arts asks for more. I think that to be reasonable as long as the other 2 tables are up to snuff. I own every zen table thus far, and I see 3 more in the very near future.

Doctor_Hank_Pym said:

February 5th, 1:31 pm

!!! DAY 1 PURCHASE! Glad to see you see guys are exploring more licensed properties, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a Life Day table released just prior to Xmas 2013. ^_^

As a happy Vita owner, I’m so glad that cross-buy has been supported by ZP2 as well — but (just a suggestion) — you should make it more evident on the Vita’s loading/title screen that the game can be played in more pinball-apropos vertical mode by tilting the screen 90degrees. I had to find that out recently by complete accident, and thankfully now play that way all the time

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 6th, 11:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion and the support! By the way, we’ll eventually be adding a button-based control scheme for vertical mode for those who like to play that way and prefer buttons over the touch screen.

shogun00 said:

February 5th, 1:43 pm

Sweet!

You’ve been making pinball for a decade? Don’t you mean a “half decade”? You launched ZP1 back in 2008.

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar

Zsolt Kigyossy said:

February 6th, 11:24 am

We worked on pinball games well before the launch of ZP1. In fact, our first major pitch to publishers was for a PSP title not long after that hardware launched, and we had our engine running on PC for a while before that.

shadow71 said:

February 5th, 1:45 pm

Boba. Fett. Table.

Sooooooo buying all of these. Zen’s done an OUTSTANDING job so far. Can’t wait to play these tables!

kenb6870 said:

February 5th, 1:45 pm

I think the price will fall in line with their other bundles, about $10…I am most definitely going to snap these up!

snakeman07 said:

February 5th, 1:48 pm

Can’t wait! There’s going to be a lot of newcomers to ZP2!

PrimeroIncognito said:

February 5th, 1:50 pm

I was just playing Mars last night (got 633M) to get in the pinball mood for Twilight Zone later today… and now this gorgeous set of tables is on the way? Awesome.

boomstickbhg said:

February 5th, 1:52 pm

Zen makes the best pinball I’ve played outside an actual physical arcade game, in some cases maybe better, but it’s fun to play for real.

Star Wars pinball will be for me, a must have.

Looks great, love the variety of tables you keep coming up with, not many game makers get to use a wide selection of other companies material in their games, but somehow you’ve been doing very well with that in addition to the original tables.

Thanks.

gameman187 said:

February 5th, 2:34 pm

Also I hope this opens the doors for other franchises such as BTTF, The Matrix, Jurastic Park & IDK how but the godfather Keep up the great work ZEN !!

poodude said:

February 5th, 2:53 pm

Just take my money now, please!

JTStarkiller said:

February 5th, 3:09 pm

I have a bad feeling about this.

(My wallet’s gonna hate me.)

plaztiksyke said:

February 5th, 3:22 pm

When will Zen Pinball 2 get a patch to make it as visually stunning as Zen Pinball? I haven’t bought any Zen Pinball tables since several of the visual effects are absolutely MISSING from ZP2, namely the sparks and other lighting effects in the *amazing* Tesla table.

Please fix the Telsa table’s effects in ZP2 and I’ll gladly buy tables again!

passivefamiliar said:

February 5th, 3:29 pm

Its 6:30….why is the store not updated. Lazy inconsistency is a big turn off. Set a time. Make updates by then…its not hard to remember, “oh its tuesday tomorrow, lets get tech working on the update now so it can launch asap tomorrow”.

Poor company labor force use is all i see from sony. Good content, poor delivery.

tusunami said:

February 5th, 3:43 pm

Uh to answer number 1 in the post, 2.99 like all the other tables LOL

zerobot80 said:

February 5th, 4:07 pm

I agree. It’s good but how much does it cost?

ChewyChunk said:

February 5th, 4:15 pm

Zen Pinball 2 is the greatest. I cant wait for these SW tables. Id think the tables would be a little more than the other tables just being SW and all. Im betting $10 for the 3 pack. Doesnt matter because I will be getting them. Zen Pinball tables look amazing in 3D too. Excited!

AutomaticOcelot said:

February 5th, 4:19 pm

With a name like Zsolt Kigyossy, it *has* to be Star Wars.
Thanks sir! ;)

AutomaticOcelot said:

February 5th, 4:42 pm

@gameman187:
Oh mah shweet lawdy, The Matrix digital pinball trilogy from Zen could be the most incredible thing ever made… B-]
Insert credit: *ring* “Operator.”
Skill shot: “You shoot the blue ramp, you stay in wonderland…”
Ball save: “Everybody falls the first time…”
New ball: “I know kung fu.”
Extra ball: “Stop trying to hit me and hit me!”
Game Over: “I don’t wanna remember nothin’, y’hear me? Nothing!”
Tilt: “Not like this…”
High score: “I don’t believe it!”
Multiball: *Burly Brawl theme*
Score multiplier: “Hm. Upgrades.”

Gosh all the best quotes are in the first one, aren’t they? ;-D

Flukbuk said:

February 5th, 5:07 pm

I just threw my wallet at my laptop.

PAGE 1 2