God of War

Feb 12

Feb 12

First PS3 Skyrim DLC, Dragonborn, Lands Today

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC

The wait is over! For the next three weeks, we’ll be releasing a new Skyrim add-on each week on PSN. This week, with Dragonborn, you’ll journey beyond Skyrim to Solstheim, an island off the coast of Morrowind. Use all your abilities and skills honed in Skyrim to save the island from a mysterious power that threatens to destroy Solstheim’s inhabitants.

Beyond Dragonborn’s main quest, the content is packed with hours of new areas to explore complete with new characters, new towns, new dungeons and plenty of new side quests to complete. And for elite players that have attained Level 81 status, you’ll have a chance to square off with the game’s fiercest adversary, The Ebony Warrior.

For more details on Dragonborn, available for 50% off ($9.99) during launch week only, read our list of features below:

• Explore Beyond Skyrim – Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn’s return.
  • Become the Ultimate Dragonborn – Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect – allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.
  • New Powers – Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.
  • New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more – Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Next week we’ll be back with information on next Tuesday’s release, Hearthfire.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 14

EL_SHADOW_703 said:

February 12th, 12:11 pm

i got 3 profiles with different characters can i use my dlc on them???

Nikk-McCarron666 said:

February 12th, 12:13 pm

Dose anyone have the dlc on the east coast?

EL_SHADOW_703 said:

February 12th, 12:14 pm

We might get it after 5 p.m.

Stovetoptax1982 said:

February 12th, 12:14 pm

no looking at between 6 pm and 10 pm there suppose to put it on 3 pm to 7 pm pacific time

Nikk-McCarron666 said:

February 12th, 12:16 pm

Where did you get the info?

medolly78 said:

February 12th, 12:18 pm

I LOVE Skyrim, minor glitches and all. There is so much to explore and accomplish that I look forward to playing it every chance I get. I’m on my first play-though, over 1000 hours, and was still at only 56% complete (judging by the trophies before the patch and additional trophies were added). I can’t wait to get all the DLC and am very happy I get to get them at 50% off. Some say better late then never; I wholeheartedly agree! Fantastic game Bethesda, my favorite!!

Stovetoptax1982 said:

February 12th, 12:18 pm

lookin at other post on here there pacific time so your lookin at later on today for est

Nikk-McCarron666 said:

February 12th, 12:19 pm

Why do they like watching us squirm

ericmitchell66 said:

February 12th, 12:20 pm

I’m finding it hard to understand, if the dlc is supposed to be in the store as of right now, yet the store doesn’t update until later in the day, why doesn’t psn change the update time to make it earlier to make everybody happy?

Nikk-McCarron666 said:

February 12th, 12:22 pm

Well I wish they would just give us one set time and stick to it

ericmitchell66 said:

February 12th, 12:24 pm

I feel like Sony and Bethesda invented the troll meme and these guys are professional trollers

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 12th, 1:08 pm

Hey now, we want you guys to play it asap :p

Ther100 said:

February 12th, 12:27 pm

Ummmm, yea. Its 2:30 here, and Its not on yet….
#anticipation

MrPatrick16 said:

February 12th, 12:28 pm

Wow i had to look it up and people are right..all the DLC for skyrim will be half off on the other console as well..not only do i find that offensive, but completely messed up that you are also only releasing DLC once a week on ps3..way to show the ps3 players an apology for waiting

ericmitchell66 said:

February 12th, 12:28 pm

Matt grandstaff, idk how well connected you are but do u know a time east coast should be getting the dlc? An estimated time even? I feel you have to go off the top of your head with the answers your giving

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 12th, 1:09 pm

My estimate would be based on past updates I’ve kept an eye on — Dishonored releasing on PSN, Fallout, DLC, and such. All of these went up late in the afternoon (after 5), but they definitely weren’t at a uniform time.

You should be playing in a couple hours

djmijitfrog said:

February 12th, 12:29 pm

It’s 3:30 pm here in Boston EST and it’s still not on the store. I knew this was going to be to good to be true.

OJAYKINGWOLF said:

February 12th, 12:29 pm

Everybody kould say wat they want! But is dis simple u get it or dont!. Am a sony man and loyal 2 them! Bethesda did good wit dragonborn and 50%off is good wit me. Kant wait 2 see ya great work and haters will always hate! Ya keep doing ya thing.

moodybrooder said:

February 12th, 12:29 pm

hey playstation! what time is this happening?

Mr-Somes said:

February 12th, 12:29 pm

I think it is funny that people are thanking Bethesda when the ones you should be thanking is Sony. If people would have done some research into the ordeal it would be known that Bethesda had to go to Sony to help them fix the DLC. So thanks Sony for helping Bethesda…I hope you get something out of it for work that they themselves should be capable of doing.

OJAYKINGWOLF said:

February 12th, 12:32 pm

@113 Stop krying already is gonna be ready. I still aint rest kuz its gonna be da mukh sweeter when i play it.

ROADSBOAT said:

February 12th, 12:32 pm

Hey, serious question!, since the new 1.08 patch will the add-ons be downloadable/purchasable through the new menu selection in-game main menu?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 12th, 1:10 pm

No, you’ll want to buy them through the PSN storefront. That game menu is to verify what content you have installed.

OJAYKINGWOLF said:

February 12th, 12:35 pm

@118 True 2 da! Sony is da best at wat they do. Pleasing they users!.

ROADSBOAT said:

February 12th, 12:35 pm

excuse me, the 1.8 patch.

SonOfMyths73 said:

February 12th, 12:35 pm

What time will it come out in Eastern Time.

bigpoppapumpit said:

February 12th, 12:38 pm

Between 6 and 10

Soleiko said:

February 12th, 12:39 pm

I find it funny that the trophy list puts Dawnguards first and Dragonborn last.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 13th, 8:02 pm

We wanted to release Dragonborn first on PS3, because it’s our favorite of the three DLCs

scubasteve4469 said:

February 12th, 12:44 pm

Has Bethesda or Playstation commented on it’s release time yet? been waiting too long for this lol

jakeman-098 said:

February 12th, 12:49 pm

what time for the mid west

impairedRay said:

February 12th, 12:50 pm

so where is it at? i checked 9 in the morning not there checked 12 noon not there checked 3 not there. can we get straight answers?

a_leenail1992 said:

February 12th, 12:51 pm

the store hasn’t updated yet. i’m also waiting on the playstation all-stars battle royale dlcs

GregoryEvans said:

February 12th, 12:52 pm

they really need to update the playstation store already. we’ve waited long enough for the dlc

Renren76 said:

February 12th, 12:53 pm

Been waiting way too long for this DLC, but I am glad it’s finally here! Now if it would just show up already so I can actually start playing it. I don’t know about the rest of you but ever since I did the 1.8 update I’m having issues with lag and enemies not knowing they’re dead. Yesterday I killed a bandit, and even though he was dead he stood back up and took the attack pose again, and it happened again later with a bear. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the new DLC doesn’t have bugs as well, since it takes so much away from the gameplay.

GregoryEvans said:

February 12th, 12:55 pm

i know ever since the 1.8 update my loading screens seem to be taking forever to do anything

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 12th, 12:55 pm

Wow have people never seen a PS Store update before? It’s normally between 5 and 9EST and has been for a while now. They normally have the Playstation Store Update post on the blog a few minutes after the actual store updates, so just go by that if you don’t want to have to keep checking the store yourself.

bOOzOrTheMan said:

February 12th, 12:56 pm

is there a post in different forum on when the store is gonna have it up for download? this constant refresh is driving me crazy

hondaloyal said:

February 12th, 12:56 pm

If some of you guys read others posts, you would find the answers to what you are asking. Repeating a previous post, The PSN updates at 3-6 Pacific time; yes that is 6-9 Eastern…

The latest patch cured some of the uncompleted quest issues, like killing the dragon at Bonestrewn Crest, but the one bug I was hoping to have fixed was the perpetual companions looking for work quest; I still cannot kill a beast at Greenspring hollow that Aela sent me to kill…just an arrow pointing into the ground; bummer; no more companions work.

PuNkMaStoDoN said:

February 12th, 12:56 pm

The answers have all been given already…Everyone keeps asking the same question because all you know how to do is type and rant on and on, but you neglect to read things thouroughly before you get upset….Everyone is waiting, no one is extremely happy about it, but we have all waited this long what’s a few more hours? Really. It sucks but there are really a lot more pressing issues to get upset about….Look at the country in a whole for example, with Obama at the helm and the way we are looking, A late PSN store update is the least of all of our worries…But like always, Game On…

Plain_Sight_Doc said:

February 12th, 12:57 pm

If this is how the rest of the DLC will be handled by Bethesda im going to be very disappointed. Every body knows that its easier to develop a game on the Playstation 3 and then transfer it to XBOX and PC. This is how 99% of game companies do it. They develop on the PS3 first. Bethesada just got Greedy when they got a contract with Microsoft so they started developing it on the 360 first. They should’ve developed it on the PS3 then Transferred it to 360 and Waited a month to release it on the PS3. Instead they chose to wait till the last minute to try to transfer it to PS3 and look what a mess that made.

AQUINNO said:

February 12th, 12:58 pm

almost 4pm eastern time. there was a ps store update but no dlc

tusunami said:

February 12th, 12:58 pm

Hopefully once next Gen systems come out the end of this year, Bethesda should have a problem developing for PS4 since it’ll be more devoloper friendly for them to make games on & we won’t get shafted in how the games run on PS4.

Beery741 said:

February 12th, 12:58 pm

Bought a playstation card just for the dlc a week ago lol

Jedi36 said:

February 12th, 12:59 pm

ok 3:57 pm…….and no update…….come on your killing me PSN……i need a Skyrim fix……..level 81 and need new challanges……

AloAlmighty said:

February 12th, 1:00 pm

Wow. For a while, I thought I was the only one stalking the Bethesda and Playstation Blogs as well as the Playstation Store. I couldn’t sleep at all last night. It’s like 2:00, I’m biting my nails, and pulling my hair out waiting and waiting for DLC. I have 25 dollars just SITTING in my account, ready for purchase of all three DLC. Specifically Dragonborn right now. I tried popping in Borderlands 2 to pass the time, but NOTHING sounds fun to play except Skyrim.

SolidSnake11213 said:

February 12th, 1:00 pm

Soooooo many souls, but soooo little shouts to spend them on

AloAlmighty said:

February 12th, 1:01 pm

I’m level 81 too, and I’m soo bored of running around the wilderness killing every Sabre Cat I see

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 12th, 1:12 pm

Downloading Dragonborn will save many sabre cats in Skyrim.

AloAlmighty said:

February 12th, 1:01 pm

2:01 here in Mountain Time

AloAlmighty said:

February 12th, 1:03 pm

I upgraded every shout with my 94 dragon souls and there’s tons left over

Plain_Sight_Doc said:

February 12th, 1:05 pm

Also has anyone notice after the 1.8 update, while in third person view and looking directly down at the stream of water that run down the main steps and along the inside walls of Whiterun, the water disappears and goes completely black. Go check it out and youll see what im talking about. Also there seems to be trees in places where there weren’t before. Weird

padishar1973 said:

February 12th, 1:05 pm

Waiting, waiting, waiting…….

LordBurns said:

February 12th, 1:05 pm

Why isn’t this on PSN yet? Been trying ALL day!!!! EPIC FAILURE!!!!!!!

Kchow23 said:

February 12th, 1:08 pm

I really wonder how much of a difference the patch will have.. I passed on the PS3 version after hearing from basically everyone that it is the worst version.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

Matt Grandstaff said:

February 12th, 1:11 pm

You’ll definitely want the 1.8 update installed, as it’s required to play Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard.

If you have any corruption with your save file, you might want to try using an earlier save.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 14