Knack 2

Feb 18

Feb 18

PlayStation Plus Update: Vanquish Joins Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

We’ve got a monster update to the Instant Game Collection today as not one, but two fantastic games are coming to PS Plus members for free! By now, you’ve got your hands on last week’s addition: Closure. Dungeon Defenders is still free in PlayStation Plus, and has a PS3 Community XP Event coming up this Thursday (register here for more info).

With tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update, you’ll be able to download Vanquish and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X free if you’re a PS Plus member. We’ve got more including special content for Dust 514, and a launch week discount; so without further ado, let’s get to the goods.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 19th PlayStation Plus Update

Vanquish (PS3)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Celebrate the release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance by playing one of Platinum’s finest action titles: Vanquish. The same studio that’s bringing you Raiden this week, also delivered one of the finest sci-fi shooters in Vanquish. Check out its fast and fluid combat system, experience the visceral melee combat, and download this PS3 Full Game free as a PS Plus member.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP and PS Vita Compatible)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

An enhanced remake of the classic Mega Man X, complete with 3D character models, remixed music, and all new unlockable features, this is classic Mega Man turned up to 11. When Sigma leads a group of Reploids in a revolt against mankind, it’s up to X and Zero to protect the world from ruin. You can download this title free as a PS Plus member and play it on your PS Vita, or PSP.

Dust 514 Starter Pack

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

DUST 514 brings intense infantry combat, large-scale warfare, and deep character advancement to a free-to-play massively multiplayer shooter. Wage war in the next generation of first-person shooters, where a single victory could prove the crushing blow to a galactic empire of thousands of online EVE Online gamers. While the game is still in its beta phase, you can take advantage of this free Starter Pack. Remember, additional content you purchase in Dust 514 while it’s in beta will be carried over to your account when the game sees its full release. You can download Dust 514 now, and it’s free to play.

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3 and PS Vita – No Cross Buy)

20% off for PS Plus members (PS3 Version: Original price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99 PS Vita Version: Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle challenges players to push their risk-taking to the absolute limits and deliver maximum stunt rewards. The game`s nonstop action is complemented by a host of features including multiple game modes, leader boards, rider and bike customization, and much more. With slick urban detailed graphics and an innovative physics engine fine-tuned for fun pick-up and play, the game has been specifically engineered to get the most out of both PS3 and PS Vita versions.Learn more about the game from the PlayStation Blog’s coverage and download it this week!

PlayStation Community Update 2-15-2013

Don’t forget about the upcoming Dungeon Defenders PS3 Community XP event as well! The game is still free for PS Plus members. Click here to learn more on how to sign up for this event!

Lastly, if you haven’t downloaded Retro City Rampage or PAYDAY: The Heist, today is the last day they will be free in PS Plus; same goes for the Critter Crunch, Derrick the Deathfin and Karateka discounts.

Let us know your feedback on PlayStation Plus in the comments below, and don’t forget to use the poll links to speak your mind about what content you liked the most. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PS Plus Update 2-19-13

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 11

Suby_Greg said:

February 18th, 8:06 am

Nice! Never played Vanquish. Can’t Wait for Feb 20th also :)

GTemplar10 said:

February 18th, 8:06 am

I just purchased Vanquish last month, haha oh well great news for those who do not have it. Its a great TPS with some crazy gameplay.

El_Picture said:

February 18th, 8:06 am

Vanquish it’s a great game, although i’ve already have the platinium for it, in general this was a great addition to IGC !

UncannySilk said:

February 18th, 8:06 am

Hot Damn! Maverick Hunter X is the best MM Remake. Groovy.

Squiggle55 said:

February 18th, 8:06 am

Thanks, Morgan. I actually don’t know anything about Vanquish, but I’ll give it a try. I’m more excited about Maverick Hunter X I think that’s a great choice. I love to see some of the great PSP titles mixed in.

Silent_Gig said:

February 18th, 8:07 am

Good selection for you guys, Vanquish is brilliant.

JTruF210 said:

February 18th, 8:08 am

Own both of the free games already but this a decent update. Let’s hope we get more PSP games more frequently since Vita’s limited library can’t bring too many for free.

palermo1886 said:

February 18th, 8:08 am

Finally!! A GOOD retail game and not a bad psn game. Thanks :D

SiriusCJS said:

February 18th, 8:08 am

A better offer than usual, but almost anything will seem good among February’s offerings. Vanquish seems like it can be a solid game, but knowing what EU gets… This is from almost 3 years ago & EU is getting games from 2012. Still, I’ll give it a whirl.

Victoryismine52 said:

February 18th, 8:08 am

Awesome update been wanting to try Vanquish my PS3 and Vita thank you…. Now just announce the PS4 so I can go preorder it!

xbeforedishonorx said:

February 18th, 8:09 am

I have been wanting to try Vanquish! Thanks!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

February 18th, 8:10 am

Please, enough with Mega Man. Could we maybe get a Grand Theft Auto game (classic or current gen), Red Dead, or Saints Row 3?

xShanghaiGAMERx said:

February 18th, 8:10 am

Finally, a REAL GAME! Vanquish may not be a AAA but considering previous plus offers, it’s more than good…

Xcaligamer1 said:

February 18th, 8:10 am

havent picked up anything from last week…but that was due to not downloading anything til i beat thieves in time. i shall be downloadin this and last week’s games

XxDG3K_ALL_DAYxX said:

February 18th, 8:10 am

Nice update ill be downloading those games :3 Ill be to busy playing Metal Gear Rising & Crysis 3 though =)

Crillfingers said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

Very awesome, thanks Morgan. Also nice to see the comments not be littered with complaints.

ALARM-cIock said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

Fantastic, I’ve been curious about Vanquish for some time. Great update!

angibri2000 said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

Dang it! I already have Megaman Maverick Hunter X! =(

viceforce said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

Now this Sony is what you call a Valentine’s Gift. Now I completely forgot what last year Valentine’s Gift thank you sony and I love you.

castonph said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

I was hoping it would happen and it did, good to see DUST as part of the PS+ deal. Hopefully we’ll be getting a bit of AURUM every now and then. Vanquish looks interesting, though I’ll probably play DUST instead.

ODILO-OPA said:

February 18th, 8:11 am

Nice!!!!!!….I just purchased Vanquish last week…… would have bought another game….. :(

Kedaro said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

OK Plus… Now you have some people’s attention with this… let’s keep all eyes in this direction now.

ossiecastro5 said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

Hmmmmm, interesting update. I’ll try out Vanquish and Mega Man. Thank you for making my break from school better!

whatisdelicious said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

Good update! Been waiting for Vanquish to show up on here. I’ll probably pass on Mega Man though. Been curious about Dust.

S1lentSurviv0r said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

OMG what an update! I just went from six to midnight!

Dosx001 said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

PlayStation slogan should be Play Play Play. Free service, free games(F2P and PS+) and, strongest 1st party 2nd party suppport.

poodude said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

Vanquish is awesome! Those of you who haven’t played it yet are in for a real treat.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

February 18th, 8:12 am

I’m sorry, but Vanquish looks like just another generic space marine game.

Superman915 said:

February 18th, 8:13 am

Vanquish AND a free Mega Man game? I’ll take it!

Superstone said:

February 18th, 8:13 am

Cool update. Looking forward to it. Bring on the discounts!!

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

February 18th, 8:13 am

Awesome update! Will def. try out Vanquish & pick up Mega Man Maverick hunter X as well. Hopefully people start having a little more faith for US Plus. Thanks so much for these freebies.

2 More days!

AnoyoIkari said:

February 18th, 8:13 am

I’ll definitely make use of the Dust 514 starter pack. I guess I can give Vanquish a spin too. Not too shabby if an update.

androvsky said:

February 18th, 8:13 am

Ah, now that’s the stuff. Not just Vanquish, but an interesting PSP game too. I even like the Dust starter pack, been meaning to get back into it. :)

DALBERT79 said:

February 18th, 8:14 am

Are you guys going to FINALLY fix the entitlement problem? I still cannot buy Shank 2 because I downloaded it as a free game. I’ve had around twenty emails with customer support to no avail. I almost don’t want to download any free games in case you have a great sale like shank 2s sale.

MatheusRuggeri said:

February 18th, 8:14 am

Amazing.
Best update since october.

But there one error, the image in Vanquish is from the game Dust 514

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 18th, 10:04 am

gah, you are correct. I’ll let the Blog team know, but it’s a company holiday today so we may not be around to fix it.

sonicwc said:

February 18th, 8:15 am

如果送黑街圣徒3就好了,近半年欧服PS+比美服PS+好太多了~~!!

DeathGazer said:

February 18th, 8:16 am

Nice! Vanquish and Maverick Hunter X…lovely update :D

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

February 18th, 8:16 am

Been wanting to try out Vanquish and MegaManX will be a welcome addition to my Vita collection. Also much thanks for the Dust514 DLC gives me a reason to jump back into that XD. Might try out Freestyle not sure since I just bought Sly Cooper Theives in Time and will be pretty busy with that. All in all great update. ^^

fede01_8 said:

February 18th, 8:17 am

Finally a full ps3 game!
Please let add dead space 1 to the next collection! Is several years old and it’s the perfect time to add it. I so I don’t see being hard to get

JeffsonP_US said:

February 18th, 8:17 am

Thank you! Mega Man FTW! That’s what I asked for, PSP games!
And Patapon 3 will be PS Vita compatible tomorrow, and the day after, will be 20th!
An amazing week this one!
I Love PlayStation!

TheHitman007PR said:

February 18th, 8:18 am

4 weeks and nothing good, i’m going to wait for next week.

tgpumpkin said:

February 18th, 8:19 am

Not my tastes but thanks for the update. I’m quite burned out of shooters. I am intrigued by the Mega Man for my Vita though. It was the one series I never tried when it was out during my childhood.

Morgan, have you guys made any progress on getting an RPG in the mix for future IGC releases? I’m not asking for specifics, I would just like to know if something is in at least ‘in the works’ status. I was very excited and pleased to have Darksiders but while it has RPG elements it’s not what I would say is an RPG.

As always thanks for your hard work.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 18th, 10:06 am

We’re talking about it, but nothing is locked in to share at the moment.

Newbold said:

February 18th, 8:19 am

Can we get a good SOCOM like the old days please?!

FonzoEscobar said:

February 18th, 8:21 am

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X!!!! Time to get my PS plus again lol

Satnamji said:

February 18th, 8:21 am

Will Sony continue to support PS Plus for PS3 owners through 2014? I’m considering renewing with the current special offer and just want to be sure. Thanks!

MatheusRuggeri said:

February 18th, 8:22 am

@Haro.

In the poll “What was your favorite content from January’s PS Plus offerings?” I would vote in Vanquish, but I think they forgot include the content from this week.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 18th, 10:07 am

this week is not February =P

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 18th, 10:07 am

i mean, this week is not January =P x2

bt1234567892010 said:

February 18th, 8:22 am

This is phenomenal, Vanquish is one of the best shooters I have ever played. It looks great, plays great, and is REALLY intense. Not to mention the story is great (which with shooters, is rare) people, go play this game, the only problem is that it is short, it took me about 4 hours the first time through :/ but honestly, it would have been wotleth full price, just play it and see. The megaman game, and the Dust 514 starter pack are nice too, since I only own 2 Megaman X games, and I have been wanting to get into 514, thanks a ton Morgan, and the rest of the Plus guys, you hit it out of the ballpark this week, in my opinion.

Lefoul-123 said:

February 18th, 8:22 am

Good to hear a good game is coming, my brother erased my darksiders Progres, Im not plannimg on replaying it to get where I was, maybe he will play but I guess I will continue with AC3 and Vanquish. And I will start using cloud saving from now on.

DaGimp13 said:

February 18th, 8:24 am

great update! Vanquish should be fun, and I’m glad theres also a PSP/Vita game this week, should supress the whining to whimpering. The DUST 514 Starter pack is also a good value, probably grab it up as well.

I guess my only issue would be Urban Trial FreeStyle not being Cross-Buy, which I know Sony has no control over. It’s not that the game doesn’t look awesome , it’s that I don’t believe it’s worth paying $20 after discounts for 2 versions of the same game. had it been $15 and Cross-Buy, I probably would have been all over it…but not when its only a $5 discount for both versions.

schreekuline said:

February 18th, 8:24 am

I guarantee that even when we get a good update like this, people are going to complain. I for one am very excited for the update! Ready to get going on Vanquish tomorrow! Thank you for everything you do in the community Morgan!

PAGE 1 2 3 11