God of War

Feb 25

Feb 25

PlayStation Plus: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hopefully you’ve been digging into some of the free PlayStation Plus content this month including Vanquish, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and indie-hit Closure. This week, we’re excited to bring the crowd-pleasing Plants Vs. Zombies on PS Vita to the Instant Game Collection.

In addition, there are some fantastic sales to jump on as well including the Gamers’ Choice Awards discounts (winners announced tomorrow) and the PS Vita Anniversary Sale celebrating PS Vita’s first year. Read on to learn more about these exceptional sales.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Plants Vs. Zombies (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $10.49, Free for PS Plus members

Popcap’s irreverent take on the real time strategy genre is yours to play free on your PS Vita starting this week as a PS Plus member. At first glance, you may think it’s just another cute strategy game. Get your hands on it, and you’ll find an incredible amount of strategy that relies on everything from picking the right plants, determining their placement, and decisions while under fire from masses of zombies. The PS Vita version sports a ton of great features including co-op multiplayer, a ton of modes, and even some mini-games to keep you busy, making putting Plants vs. Zombies down an pleasantly tough proposition.
Retro/Grade (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $2.44

Retro/Grade Soundtrack

PSN Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $1.74

The game that turned rhythm games upside down is now available at an irresistible price for PS Plus Members! Starting at the end of the game and working your way back to the sound of head-bobbing retro tunes, you’ll need to ensure the pilot makes it alive through his backward journey through time. With 10 dazzling ‘backwards’ worlds, epic boss fights, and a seriously fantastic soundtrack, it’s a deal that everyone should jump on. If you like the music, we also went ahead and put the soundtrack on sale as well! You can grab it for $1.74 on the PS Store as a PS Plus member.
Gamers’ Choice Awards Winners Discounts

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members

You voted, now you’re about to reap the rewards. This week the winners of the Gamers’ Choice Awards go on sale at various discounts across the board. Tune in to PlayStation.Blog tomorrow morning to find out which titles won as voting is still on as of today’s Plus Update and the race in some categories is pretty darn close. If you need a refresher on the nominees and still haven’t cast your vote, click here.
PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members
It’s been 1 year since the PS Vita launched and to celebrate, we’re placing a number of crazy good PS Vita titles on sale. Take a look at the full list. Though the sale is for all of PSN, Plus members, as usual, get extra discounts on top these already good deals. Take a look at the full list below.

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Sale
Escape Plan $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Hustle Kings PS Vita $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Little Deviants $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $17.99 $13.99 $9.79
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition $11.99 $8.39 $5.87
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Reality Fighters $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
Smart As $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
Sound Shapes $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Super Stardust Delta $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Unit 13 $26.99 $18.89 $13.22

You should leave your thoughts by dropping them below and as usual, I’ll do my best to respond to key questions and comments. We’ve also got the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums where you can continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 2-26-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 17

Phoenix9889 said:

February 25th, 9:04 am

Well this sucks for me :(

Crillfingers said:

February 25th, 9:05 am

I need to get myself a Vita.

RateX_BR said:

February 25th, 9:06 am

Montly updates, please.

ShaneCamp said:

February 25th, 9:06 am

I’ve never posted negativity before but what the heck? We get a game that was ALREADY released to PS+ users for free and a game that was released for free to EU customers that we can pay for if we wish. This week overall apart from Persona 2 is fairly pitiful.

ShaneCamp said:

February 25th, 9:07 am

Oh wait nvm it’s the Vita version of the game we already got. Still pretty lame though…

AmaterasuOkami1 said:

February 25th, 9:07 am

I bought PvZ on the 2012 holidays sales, and it is pretty great. Probably going to pick up Retro/Grade and Escape Plan. Thanks for the $10 bucks you gave on PSN to me by the way Sony! Playstation for life!

jonjon0890 said:

February 25th, 9:08 am

Just an opinion.
Don’t vote 4 Sound Shapes or Super Stardust Delta since we are getting a discount on it 4 the PS Vita anniversary sale

token_all_night said:

February 25th, 9:08 am

@morga will there be any more ps classics given away and when will we get a rpg again

Jakintosh said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

If you DON’T pick up Retro/Grade (AND it’s soundtrack!) at those prices, you should feel bad about your life. Easily one of the best PSN games, and one of the most ingenious rhythm games I’ve ever player. And the music is fantastic.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 25th, 9:19 am

It really is quite good. Support your indie game devs! These guys worked hard and produced a fantastic game.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

@4 of course we only only get ps3 stuff 3 weeks a month.. most months have FOUR weeks so yeah i wasnt expecting anything this week at all… as for PS all stars battle royale discount… would be wonderful if that was the PS3 version lol

su43berkut17 said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

I wish personal golden had a discount ^^ oh well, will have to buy it for the full price

Mikey1123 said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

I need to get plus back.

IndubitablyRong said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

I love Plants vs. Zombies, glad to see it up for anyone who hasn’t gotten to play it yet. From the Vita Anniversary sale I’m considering Unit 13, I already own the other games on the list that interest me. I’m excited to see the Gamers Choice Awards winners tomorrow!

Great update, thanks!

Frulond said:

February 25th, 9:09 am

dangit… been a couple months of nothing for PS+ this sucks reaaaaally bad

but there still hope, for now…

Deekman said:

February 25th, 9:10 am

Was hoping Little King Story would get a discount. nothing for me in this sale. :-\

Phoenix9889 said:

February 25th, 9:10 am

My poor wallet, it tries so hard to help me and somehow never has enough for everything.

duke301 said:

February 25th, 9:10 am

@Morgan, I have a few questions about Plus content. I assume that since you post the update each week, you’re the best one to ask. First of all, this is in no way a complaint, I’m just really curious. How do you guys decide which games get added to Plus each week? Also, how do you decide what is free and what is discounted? Is there a committee of sorts which decides or just one person? Also, how does it work with the developers? Is the added content contingent on approval of the developers? Or do the developers have nothing to do with the process? Thanks in advance.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 25th, 9:20 am

Any game (free or discounted) needs to be approved by the game’s publisher / developer. It’s simply a combination of developer relations (which have and will continue to be ultra important for PlayStation) and discussing content for Plus with the respective owners of the content.

PatricioUSA said:

February 25th, 9:10 am

Loved the update!!! Good Job! Keep it up!

However… :D Would you guys mind FIXING Little Deviants? You know, before doing a discount on it, the leaderboards are glitched and you can get a trophy, making the platinum almost impossible due to a simple glitch that could be solved with a little tiny patch. :D

GT-420 said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

After seeing what Europe is getting in March, I really hope US+ steps it up, getting harder and harder to not be really disappointed in US+ whenever I read what EU offers. And no, you trolls stop telling me to go get EU+, that’s not the point.

ZenTripleFour said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

We get crap like this and Europe, on top of getting things like Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption and Arkham City.

Europe PS Plus is getting:
Mass Effect 3
Metal Gear Solid HD VITA
Dead Or Alive 5
Joe Danger 2
Puddle

OleGunnar said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

Morgan,

I was one of the first people to inform you last Tuesday about the “Free” content fiasco and you even replied to my comment. You noted on the forum on Friday that we would be getting a PSN notification with a $5 store credit and apology. I have not received this and I’m not happy about it at all. Please rectify this situation immediately.

Also, I guess I’m not “loyal” in Sony’s eyes. What is more “loyal” than owning a PS3 since launch, being a PS+ Member since Day One, being a PS Vita owner and having a trophy level of 18?

I should be sitting on $15 in store credits and an apology for taking my money last week. Instead, nada.

Not feeling the love Sony. Not feelin’ it. :(

DZORMAGEN said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

What is the point of re-subbing PS Plus? Sony is making a huge mistake not letting PS4 buyers have their digital games play on the new system! Shame on Sony for doing this to their loyal fans! I thought PS Plus was something will always be with you. Look at Apple and their products! I don’t need to re-buy anything! I am going to now think twice when buying anything with it comes to Sony. SHAME ON THIS COMPANY!

Shingo2k1 said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

the best casual game

Fardeenah said:

February 25th, 9:11 am

i hope vita owners get a better game next month because EU getting mgs collection hd for the vita…. :( the last retail game we got was ninja gaiden sigma.. Eu has been getting loads again…. :(

intulius said:

February 25th, 9:12 am

Terrible discounts “/

sifuluc said:

February 25th, 9:12 am

I usually hate seeing these comments, but what the heck is going on. Europe got both Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 for free this week along with Metal Gear Solid HD for the Vita.

We get no love for the PS3 this week and a free $10 game for the Vita. Looking at the rundown of the prices, Mass Effect 3, DOA5 and MGSHD all around $30 dollars. So that’s $90 dollars for Europe and $10 dollars for NA.

I love the Playstation Plus services, but there is definitely something off here guys.

ZenTripleFour said:

February 25th, 9:12 am

Europe PS Plus is getting:
Mass Effect 3
Metal Gear Solid HD VITA
Dead Or Alive 5
Joe Danger 2
Puddle

blog eu playstation com/2013/02/22/playstation-plus-your-march-update/

Are you PS Plus defenders gonna say Plants VS Zombies is better than MGS HD?

Fullmetal156 said:

February 25th, 9:12 am

@morgan are we going to be able to download the ps4 meeting from the store? I wanna watch it in hd without buffering or skipping.

VisionaryLight said:

February 25th, 9:12 am

Has there been any explanation yet about the mysterious thank you $10 some of us received from Sony? I’m thankful but curious why or how this happened.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 25th, 9:24 am

While we don’t disclose the exact criteria used, we can say that select active PSN users were chosen to receive an XMB message that included a credit for their SEN Wallet as part of this special promotion.

Rest assured though, we’ve ensured that the feedback from the larger community was heard on this promo. Thanks!

DeviantBoi said:

February 25th, 9:13 am

I bet those Europeans PS+ members are dying of envy because of the stuff we’re getting this week! Who needs Mass Effect 3? We have Plants vs Zombies! Aweeeeeesome! I can’t believe how much stuff I’m getting for what I’m paying every month! I love the games we get so much, that I spend $10 or $20 on the DLC for those games. I love spending that money on DLC because it adds soooo much to the free games we get. Sony people, keep on the great work that you do! I know I’ve said in the past that you guys are doing a terrible job, but I was really mistaken. You guys deserve a promotion!

terminode said:

February 25th, 9:13 am

US Plus has had some weak updates, but this takes the cake.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

February 25th, 9:13 am

Sweet! Plants Vs zombies on the Vita sounds fun. Been wanting this on my phone device then my ps3, but never got around to buy it. And now (as always) you guys offer something new for me to try.

The Vita sales look okay, imo – BUT, Knytt Underground is doing me justice atm. 17.63$ on PSASBR is a steal, game has more content coming for it in the next month. Perfect time to jump into the game.

Waiting on tomorrows winning nominees.

Thanks again, Morgan.

xBraiNshOcK said:

February 25th, 9:13 am

This was no surprise, seen as how Plants Vs Zombies is free on iOS devices also. I been playing it there because I don’t have a Vita, yet. Also, no way you guys could have thrown in the PS3 version along with this one as a bonus? I am hearing its been given out before, but I wasn’t a member back then.

easyriderzombie said:

February 25th, 9:13 am

I so need to get a ps vita but its so much $$ to shell out for it and a 32 gb card. Its all good though, I love you sony/playstation, no homo! Keep up the great work and I support yall till the end!

Tjoeb123 said:

February 25th, 9:14 am

1. Once again, you fail to provide a free game for the PS3-only owners. I think when people were concerned that offering PS Vita freebies would affect the PS3 offerings, this is what they meant.

2. For the GCA discounts, will it be the usual 50% off/PS Plus members get 75% off?

@7 These are all PS Vita games (so no cross-buys apply here). If a cross-buy title is a winner, I’m sure the PS3 version will receive the discount as well.

Now, here’s hoping I can embark on a Journey through the world of Persona 3 FES….(see what I did there?)

Richlando said:

February 25th, 9:15 am

Horrid. Be glad the PS4 is saving Vita. Otherwise..

hartbrek310 said:

February 25th, 9:15 am

I hope this isn’t it for + this week. Any chance of including the PS3 version of PvZ? It sucks for those of without a Vita. Hopefully we get something good for PS3 in March. :-(

JoeGoodsnake2 said:

February 25th, 9:15 am

What we got as free games last year in NA for February:

Far Cry 2 – 2/14 (V-Day Special One Week Offer)
The Simpsons Arcade Game – 2/7
Inferno Pool – 2/7
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 2/14
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars – 2/14
Hungry Giraffe – 2/7
Gold Medalist – 2/7
Final Fantasy V – 2/7

Now we’re down to Closure, Vanquish and GoME. Pathetic.

DrSmoov said:

February 25th, 9:16 am

Question, on the sale for Super Stardust, will the Interstelllar bundle also be on sale. I have been itching to get the whole enchilada.

ZenTripleFour said:

6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

Gorvi said:

February 25th, 9:16 am

Nice for PvZ on Vita, I have it on my phone and PS3 (from Plus a year or so ago), but having it on the Vita will be nice. I’m interested to see what the sale prices are tomorrow.

Anddo said:

February 25th, 9:17 am

As an early adopter of the PSVita this sale burns. I own 9 of those titles (got PvsZ for $7.99 sale). The others don’t interest me. I’d like to see more PSP game sales. Some titles like Ace Combat should not being selling for $39.99. It’s been out way too long.

Still waiting on New Little King’s Story sale.

snakeeyes211 said:

February 25th, 9:17 am

@ Morgan off-topic question will the funds in my wallet carry over to the PS4?

PrimeroIncognito said:

February 25th, 9:18 am

@ ZenTripleFour

“Are you PS Plus defenders gonna say Plants VS Zombies is better than MGS HD?”

To a lot of people, it probably is. Do you really think everyone has the same interests? C’mon…

swisstylez said:

February 25th, 9:18 am

Not half bad, cant wait to see the winners tomorrow =D hopefully get to pick some nice discounts….

nabilafzali02 said:

February 25th, 9:19 am

I already got plants vs zombies which is an awsome game but those vita sales are really great and I just happen to have $50 in my wallet so this is a good week :)…. oh and when does the buy 1 year get 3 month ps plus end

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

February 25th, 9:25 am

Buy 12 month Get 3 promo ends after March 4th, 2013; so one more week left.

chernobyl77 said:

February 25th, 9:19 am

This month has been the worst in playstation plus. Nothing at all for me. I hope March will be good, hopefully Sleeping Dogs or something like Dante´s Inferno will be nice, even PsOneClassics.

ZenTripleFour said:

February 25th, 9:20 am

Febuary for Europe PS Plus:
6th February: Sleeping Dogs
6th February: Quantum Conundrum
6th February: F1 Race Stars
13th February: WipEout 2048
20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

March for Europe PS Plus:
6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

What do we get? Cheap download only titles. Thanks SONY. You really make me feel like my $50 went to good use.

Squiggle55 said:

February 25th, 9:21 am

Rats, I bought PvZ when it went on sale recently.

But those Vita game sales are great! I might pick up Smart As…

IzoGray said:

February 25th, 9:21 am

Wish you guys would try getting us Dungeon Hunter Alliance for free on Vita. A multiplayer game would be fun.

PAGE 1 2 3 17