God of War

Feb 26

Feb 26

2013 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards Winners, Big Discounts Starting Today

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Director, Digital Distribution

After a frenzied week of voting on the PlayStation Store and the PlayStation Web Store — drum roll please — it’s time to announce the winners of the 2013 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards! This year’s awards recognized top-notch games from 2012 in 10 different categories, including Best PS3 Full Game, Best PSN Game, Best PS Vita Game, Best PSN Indie and plenty more.

PSN Gamers' Choice Award Winners 2013

All of the nominees for this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards were amazing titles that were picked based on their user-ratings. It was the fans who helped support these titles and recognized their genius by casting their votes. So before we announce the winners, we want to give a huge shout-out to our PlayStation community that has given these exceptional titles their dues by playing and rating these games!

Remember, starting later today when PS Store publishes, each of these titles will be discounted up to 50% in the PlayStation Store (up to 60% for PlayStation Plus members) through Monday, March 4th.

Without further ado, we present the winners of the 2013 PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards:

Best PSN Exclusive Game

Journey (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)

Best PSN Game

The Walking Dead – Season Pass (Episodes 1-5) (Regular price: $19.99; Sale price: $13.99; PS Plus price: $9.79)

Best Indie Game

Journey (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)

Best PS3 Full Game

Assassin’s Creed III (Regular price: $59.99; Sale price: $49.99; PS Plus price: $34.99)

Best PS Vita Game

Gravity Rush (Regular price: $35.99; Sale price: $24.99; PS Plus price: FREE)

Best PSP Game

Unchained Blades (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $20.99; PS Plus price: $14.69­)

Best PlayStation Classic

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $7.49; PS Plus price: $5.99)

Best mini Game

Velocity (Regular price: $4.99; Sale price: $3.49; PS Plus price: $2.44)

Best PlayStation Move Enabled Game

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Regular price: $29.99; Sale price: $23.99; PS Plus price: $21.59)

Best Competitive Multiplayer Game

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Regular price: $14.99; Sale price: $10.49; PS Plus price: $7.34)

Be sure to check out our recently announced lineup of Day 1 Digital titles. Also, don’t miss our current promotion (ending April 1st) that awards a voucher code for a $10 credit for your SEN Wallet for every $50 spent in the PlayStation Store or the PlayStation Web Store.

We hope you enjoy the great savings we’re bringing you for the third annual Gamers’ Choice Awards, and thanks again for casting your votes! Tune in next year for another round of awards (and discounts!) on your favorite games.

Add Your Own

VVaspInatoR said:

February 26th, 3:05 pm

Reply in general to the troll comment tho some sort of protection from these clowns with multiple accounts voting multiple times should be banned or at least the account with no purchases and limited gameplay if none at all gameplay banned also restricting a new account access until a original purchase is made like steam i believe.

iDotDotDot said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

I guess I’m not getting PSASBR today :/

Heatseeker125 said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

lmao @ Journey winning twice. You voters are a bunch of geniuses. SMH.

KingTygerVII said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

Also, if the winner wins twice… why did you give us a discount on second place? see people? we have to use this voting to get discount a good games, not vote for the same game 3476783 times -.-

ShadowOfEden said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

Damn, I wanted to get Borderlands 2 cheaper, lol. I already got it on Steam for 30$ but most of my friends are playing it on console and my gf would play splitscreen with me. Anyways, 10$ for a 60$ game is a very poor sale, considering that the PC version got multiple 30$ sales months ago.
Sony, if you want us to buy digital full games, at least follow the digital market. People keep throwing their money at Steam and buy more games than they can play!

DarkDuckJustice said:

February 26th, 3:06 pm

I was really hoping that Playstation All Stars would still get a sales price, even though it was guaranteed to lose against games like AC3 and Boarderlands 2. I think it’s one of those games that would be fun to try at the right price. I was super excited to to go grab it for $17.63 yesterday until I realized tat was for Vita only. Great sale, but nothing here I want that I don’t already own.

DigiOps said:

February 26th, 3:07 pm

Ugh! You guys know Assassin’s Creed is Prince of Persia with a hoodie, right? I guess there’s nothing I’ll be buying.

Kchow23 said:

February 26th, 3:07 pm

Journey winning two awards didn’t benefit anyone, would’ve been great if Tokyo Jungle won one of the awards and Journey the other or at least do a bigger discount on Journey :\

rorschach4203 said:

February 26th, 3:07 pm

PLAYSTATION 4!!!

swisstylez said:

February 26th, 3:10 pm

Such a disappointment seeing journey twice for discount, what a waste, the only game I don’t already have gta:sa really disappointed, this is just like last year…..s

ProfessorAnatil said:

February 26th, 3:11 pm

I voted not based on what I want to buy but what I thought truly deserved to win in the hopes that the discounts would give other gamers the incentive to try what I personally feel to be great games that maybe they haven’t tried yet.

I do think that the runner up for either the Best Indie category or Best PSN Exclusive category should be discounted as well since Journey won both categories.

Personally though, Rainbow Moon should have work Best Indie game as that is a truly great game.

eggmiester28 said:

February 26th, 3:11 pm

ugghh i can’t believe ac3 won over borderlands 2 i am ashamed of the voters, and i was really hoping that Ragnarok: Tactics was going to win psp game oh well at least unchained blades is a great game.

Syaieya said:

February 26th, 3:11 pm

It’s that feeling when not a single thing you voted for actually won in the categories you voted for.

aznxchunky said:

February 26th, 3:12 pm

I think the problem was that a couple of these games were in multiple categories. Sounds shapes and journey should have just been in 1

Slickster410 said:

February 26th, 3:15 pm

what kind of discount is that for AC3 not even 50% off oh well its still cheaper than anywhere else I’m getting it.

BeerManMike said:

February 26th, 3:16 pm

@55 Borderlands 2 would have been discounted the same as AC3 so it’s actually cheaper for you to buy it on Amazon instead of voting for it on here.

BeerManMike said:

February 26th, 3:17 pm

@65 it’s $1 cheaper than the disc version on Amazon, it’s $36 on Amazon, idiot voters. Glad Obama can’t win 3 times.

Demonhunter84 said:

February 26th, 3:17 pm

Most of these games I own so it was hard voting. Might get GTA San Andreas or Journey. Was hoping for Toyko Jungle to get discounted.

Melvins1 said:

February 26th, 3:21 pm

Nothing for me.

I already have Journey and Gravity Rush…

ShaunTheTroll said:

February 26th, 3:22 pm

That’s one crappy sale. AC3? Seriously? AC3 is awful.

Souledge94 said:

February 26th, 3:22 pm

journey winning twice wth man game is overrated. Thankfully walking dead won so now i can get it on sale.

Frigaku said:

February 26th, 3:23 pm

@66 I have 2 PS3, in my opinion, a digital Borderlands 2 is better than a digital (or in disc) AC3.

Frigaku said:

February 26th, 3:24 pm

Lol, the walking dead is overrated too.

mjc0961 said:

February 26th, 3:26 pm

“Best PS Vita Game – Gravity Rush”

NLCPRESIDENT said:

February 26th, 3:26 pm

Well.. Nows a good time as any to jump on GR:FS. Great game.

Soleiko said:

February 26th, 3:28 pm

lol @ everyone complaining about the winners, while saying they were good games. It’s gamer’s choice for the best games. I repeat, the best games. Not gamer’s choice for the game you want to go on sale.

And if that is how you voted, then you’re the ones that deserve the ridicule. Don’t call people morons or idiots or whatever else just because you didn’t get what you want.

I only voted on games that I already own and play. And the only one on the list is Gravity Rush. So yay for sales.

IzoGray said:

February 26th, 3:28 pm

@74 Gravity Rush is amazing. Go away

iDotDotDot said:

February 26th, 3:31 pm

Urgh …. is Persona 2 EP worth getting even though ill probably never play Innocent Sin? Or should I just watch an LP?

ProfessorAnatil said:

February 26th, 3:33 pm

I know you like to complain mjc0961, it’s the main thing I have ever seen you do on the PS3 trophies site, but try to understand that just because you don’t like the game doesn’t automatically mean that everyone feels the same way or should feel the same way as you do.

Personally I have no interest in Gravity Rush but I at least understand that people have different tastes and won’t try to make myself sound superior to another gamer because they don’t like the same games I do.

Jotamide said:

February 26th, 3:41 pm

Good job to all the “enlightened ones” who picked Journey for 2 categories, even though it goes on sale every other week. FFS I really wanted Skullgirls and Sound Shapes to win.

OneMoreVillain said:

February 26th, 3:43 pm

Wow I was looking forward to this but these are some extremely mediocre sales. I might pick up walking dead but really these prices bummed me out. Could not even go the full 50 % this year on many titles.

Hushed-Massacre said:

February 26th, 3:45 pm

Having a sale for the DLC on some of these games may have been wise as well. I mean, $12 for Gravity Rush DLC isn’t bad considering we got the game for free with PS+, but a sale on it certainly would have pushed me over the edge on a purchase.
Maybe next time, hm? ;)

MyCoolLewis said:

February 26th, 3:46 pm

Everyone complaining abut Journey winning twice: You do realize that you and your fellow psn members voted it the best in two categories. So sorry you won’t be able to save an extra two bucks.

OneMoreVillain said:

February 26th, 3:46 pm

@79 No, you just try to sound superior criticising another users comment right? There’s a word that starts with a H for people like you.

StarwindTheBold said:

February 26th, 3:48 pm

I knew GTA: San Andreas would win PS Classic… expected. Boo, was hoping for Legend of Dragoon, but oh well, the masses spoke.

MyCoolLewis said:

February 26th, 3:48 pm

Maybe if you keep crying you can float a free copy to your room in a river of your tears.

afigueroa said:

February 26th, 3:52 pm

Well so much for hoping for persona 3 on sale for the psp. I guess i will still use the 10 dollars you gave me i will consider this a discount toward persona 3 portable.

FarmFreshEggBoy said:

February 26th, 3:57 pm

DLC should be included in the sale, would have made Gravity Rush winning worthwhile for PS+ members.

Moofboy said:

February 26th, 3:58 pm

I was hoping for Tokyo Jungle… Would have been nice if Journey was discounted a bit more since it won 2x. Oh well.

ProfessorAnatil said:

February 26th, 3:58 pm

@84 And saying what you did isn’t doing the same thing you claim I’m doing? Who would be the true hypocrite then?

I don’t care one way or the other what you think as you’re entitled to your opinion but stating “There’s a lot of people out there who clearly have no idea what the words “best game” mean. I just finished Gravity Rush, and no, it’s not even close to being any kind of best game.” is not the right way to get across that you disagree and is instead a good way to make it sound like you think everyone who disagrees with you is either an inferior person or an idiot. And that is a fact.

ThunderDragoon said:

February 26th, 4:01 pm

I knew The Legend of Dragoon wouldn’t win. GTA is too big and it’s had many sequels. LoD hasn’t had a chance to thrive as a franchise. It hasn’t even gotten a sequel yet. I say yet because I still have hope that Sony will make a Legend of Dragoon 2. Come on, Sony, make us fans’ dreams come true! You’ve seen how well LoD has been doing on the PSN. It’s been in the top 10 of PS Classics since it became available in the store. That right there should show you guys how much people love this game. :D

Pikmologist said:

February 26th, 4:10 pm

Might pick up Unchained Blades… was hoping for Tokyo Jungle to win.

R_aVe_N said:

February 26th, 4:13 pm

I got an Idea stop giving the ungrateful people discounts on Gamer Choice winners. I understand people want discounts, but if you never played the game before you have no reason voting on it to begin with thus you should already own these titles, The Discounts are ment for people that have NOT ENJOYED the games yet. Voting for stuff that you have not played just to get discounts is pretty cheap if you ask me.

JMG24BAD said:

February 26th, 4:16 pm

I voted for games I wanted to get cheap LOL. San andreas is mine

Wolokowoh said:

February 26th, 4:25 pm

For non-PS+ Gravity Rush at $25 steal so I see why it won. It was the arguably best Vita game. It is a really good discount but why not just but PS+ get it for free instead of voting for it and vote for something else. It makes no sense. Surely a year is sufficient time to play the game and the other freebies you’ll get. Same thing goes for Journey. Why vote for a game that just would go on sale at random intervals or would be the most obvious choice choice for instant game collection freebie(which why they haven’t done it yet) anyway? Rainbow moon was the more logical choice

PainOfSarrow said:

February 26th, 4:29 pm

how the HELL is journey going to win twice ??? why not put the Second most picked game on there instead ? thats just silly. comee onnnn

PainOfSarrow said:

February 26th, 4:35 pm

KingTygerVII i agree.. Tokyo Jungle is Amazinggg and Unique.

grbolivar said:

February 26th, 4:36 pm

Damn! I wanted Borderlands 2 :(

blakseed said:

February 26th, 4:39 pm

I own (and voted) for most of these. Some pretty good deals.

grbolivar said:

February 26th, 4:43 pm

If I get the Season Pass of Walking Dead will can I play it at once? or I need to puchase the game besides the Season Pass?