PlayStation VR

Feb 26

Feb 26

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on PS Vita Today

Dalton Link's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, Konami

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Prep your Fulton Recovery Devices and dust off your Love Box! Today we’re confirming that the critically acclaimed PlayStation Portable version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be available on PS Vita as a PlayStation Store download later today!

Step into the shoes of the legendary Big Boss and infiltrate the lush forests of Costa Rica, recruit soldiers and construct your own Mother Base as you lay the groundwork for your band of Militaires Sans Frontières (Soldiers Without Borders).

Metal Gear Solid: Peace WalkerMetal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Or work together with other players in special, four-player CO-OPS (Cooperative-OPerationS), and six-player competitive matches using the PS Vita’s Ad Hoc capabilities in this title originally released for the PSP in April 2010. (Note: Transfarring functionality not available in this version of the game.)

Will you be picking up Peace Walker today? Let us know in the comments and share your favorite Peace Walker moments on our official Metal Gear Solid Facebook Page.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Francision69 said:

February 26th, 2:16 pm

Trophy support?

nerf190 said:

February 26th, 2:17 pm

Does it use the analog stick or the face buttons for aiming controls?

Blood-Pudding said:

February 26th, 2:17 pm

Amazing how much more visually impressive this older PSP game is than the Vita game Assassin’s Creed: Liberation.

ASadSadPanda said:

February 26th, 2:17 pm

This is great! However it would be even better to get a version with trophy support. Hell, if you guys released Portable Ops and Peace Walker HD for the Vita, I would gladly pay $40, hell I’d gladly pay $40 each.

nabilafzali02 said:

February 26th, 2:18 pm

Yessssssss thank you….I wish it would be the hd version with trophies but ill take this now we just need portable ops then my metal gear collection will be complete on vita

reson8er said:

February 26th, 2:20 pm

@#2 The Vita has adjustable controls so that you can assign the face buttons to the analog stick if you desire.

Anddo said:

February 26th, 2:20 pm

So what’s different? I already own/play this on my Vita.

Metalsonic_69 said:

February 26th, 2:20 pm

#3: Not really. This doesn’t even look as good as some other PSP games. Great game though.

AnoyoIkari said:

February 26th, 2:20 pm

This as unexpected! I have HD collection already for Vita. Might aswell pick this up and start working to unlock the best gear. No pun intended.

theman_714 said:

February 26th, 2:20 pm

thank you so much for putting this on the store, although I was able to transfer it via my PS3, this will be good for people who don’t have a PS3

But I was wondering if your guys are going to release Portable Ops for the vita as well? I’d love to play that game again!

cool_trainer said:

February 26th, 2:21 pm

Hi Dalton!
I love Metal Gear.

Isamito said:

February 26th, 2:21 pm

too late I transfered to PSVita via PS3 a few months ago

iriihutoR84 said:

February 26th, 2:21 pm

Great! Now how about Portable Ops and Ac!d 1&2? I’ve been dying to play those but never got the chance because they aren’t available digitally.

JPG2105 said:

February 26th, 2:21 pm

About time.

Sekoku said:

February 26th, 2:22 pm

> (Note: Transfarring functionality not available in this version of the game.)

So, basically a pointless thing then. Unless you still have a PSP anyway. In which case you could take a pain in the butt work-around route to get the same thing for this.

Now if you’d answer (though I doubt you will) why this version doesn’t do it when other regions will, I’d appreciate the answer.

Ryumoau said:

February 26th, 2:22 pm

would rather have a Vita version with enhanced graphics and trophy support.

firebert42 said:

February 26th, 2:23 pm

Awesome! Is Metal Gear Solid (the PS 1 classic with Gray Fox) compatible with Vita as well as PSP?

Sekoku said:

February 26th, 2:23 pm

> Great! Now how about Portable Ops and Ac!d 1&2?

Port Ops is already on the store, it just needs the same thing as this (but that’s pointless since the online mode is dead and buried and the single-player really isn’t worth playing)

Now AC!D 1 and 2… yeah, those aren’t on the store and it’s been a crime that Kojima/Konami hasn’t done that.

Sebgob said:

February 26th, 2:23 pm

Hi,

Can we use the PSP Savedata on the PSVita version ?

BadMau said:

February 26th, 2:24 pm

All I want to know is if I can configure to use the right joystick to move the camera and use the buttons for normal control. IE. Can I play it just like the Peace Walker HD version?

iriihutoR84 said:

February 26th, 2:24 pm

Also, could we get an update on Zone of the Enders HD on Vita? Don’t say it isn’t announced because you can clearly see the Vita logo at the end of this trailer with Kojima on stage I may add:

Rhysis1330 said:

February 26th, 2:24 pm

So, this is just an update saying the PSP version is coming to Vita… not a Vita version. Bummer, yet good news on the PSP compatibility front.

Heatseeker125 said:

February 26th, 2:25 pm

Nice! Thank you!

Criscross87v3 said:

February 26th, 2:26 pm

For some reason, I thought the PSP version was already playable on Vita, hence the exclusion of Peace Walker on the HD collection. I don’t have a Vita yet, so I didn’t bother to check. But this is fantastic news tho.

Rhysis1330 said:

February 26th, 2:29 pm

Just checked out the price of Peace Walker on PSN. HD PSN verion is $19.99, older PSP version is $29.99. I smell a price drop, or just a wicked fart in my general direction.

MX-Arekku said:

February 26th, 2:29 pm

@Francision69

This is not the HD version of the game that came out for consoles, its just the original digital version that is currently available for download on the PS3, Online and Media Go PS Store.

@Nerf190

Since the Vita’s PSP emulator has the option to assign a set of buttons to the second analog stick, yes, it’s possible to aim with the second analog stick.

Also the Vita was already capable of running this game since launch, it was just not available on the PS Vita’s version of the PS Store, you had to purchase it from Media Go or the PS3 and then transfer from the PS3.

micturator said:

February 26th, 2:30 pm

Holy crap! Was not even expecting this. I’ll get this along with mgs2 sometime later in the month.

agentGOP said:

February 26th, 2:30 pm

Is Portable Ops the red-headed step child of the MGS family?

I really wish they would bring that game to have Vita compatibility in NA. Europe has had it since launch I believe. Why no love for us?

JPG2105 said:

February 26th, 2:31 pm

@ 19 yes if you have it on media go you can copy/paste save data to the Vita. I did this with all my PSP games so it should work.

Rhysis1330 said:

February 26th, 2:31 pm

Correction to my post @24, they’re the same. Either it changed on me or I need glasses.

Beetey said:

February 26th, 2:31 pm

Any info on Portable Ops/Portable Ops+ compatibility?

Sevyne said:

February 26th, 2:32 pm

So is the game still stupidly overpriced too?

KazeEternal said:

February 26th, 2:34 pm

Can we expect a patch for Transfaring?

Kojima-Yoshiyuki said:

February 26th, 2:35 pm

Hopefully they lower the price. Considering you can still get the game new for less than 20 bucks 30 is just ridiculous.

Frigaku said:

February 26th, 2:35 pm

Kept you waiting huh?

SuP3RiViAIN said:

February 26th, 2:35 pm

Awesome. When are we going to get the original Metal Gear Solid on the Vita store?

gerneric123 said:

February 26th, 2:36 pm

I have to ask, what took so long? The game was compatible with Vita in North America via a transfer from PS3, back during launch. The game was downloadable directly to Vita in Japan on Day 1, with Europe getting it shortly after. Yet, in North America we have to wait more than a year? It’s not like you guys added trophies, or changed the Adhoc-only multiplayer to an online based one, it’s literally the same PSP ISO uploaded back in 2010, that I bought on day 1…

Since you guys are releasing old PSP content on PSN again, can I ask for you to fix Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops/Portable Ops+’s compatibility with Vita? That doesn’t work via PS3 transfer here. Works in other regions though. While you’re at it, maybe bring Metal Gear Ac!d, and Metal Gear Ac!d 2 to PSN, they were never released digitally for PSP/Vita. Also, bring the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tagforce games too, heck, localize the last one (as well as the new Suikoden PSP game) as PSN exclusives… Okay, the last two is me dreaming.

NoleHater said:

February 26th, 2:37 pm

I will not be buying this because I have the digital psp version of MGS Peace Walker (which works on the vita) and I have the MGS Collection for my PS3

hush404 said:

February 26th, 2:40 pm

I believe the title should read “PSP version of MGS PW is now downloadable on Vita today” – as I came here exptecting to hear the HD remake version being ported to the Vita… only to be told that it’s just the PSP version,…. sigh.

NoleHater said:

February 26th, 2:42 pm

But I do have a question. Will crossplay work for the psp version of the game or just the ps vita version.

nbnt said:

February 26th, 2:42 pm

I already played this, I’d love to have Portable Ops :(

Sevyne said:

February 26th, 2:43 pm

@37: You do realize that this blogpost is referring to the PSP Peace Walker right? It’s just that it can now be downloaded and bought straight from the Vita instead of transferring it.

Nevi901 said:

February 26th, 2:43 pm

Release your PSOne Classics to Vita and then we’ll talk.

WhatDaHeoBruh said:

February 26th, 2:44 pm

The real question is: “Can we play CO-OP with someone who owns the PS3 version of this? If so, how?”

Sevyne said:

February 26th, 2:46 pm

@43: That isn’t the real question because the obvious answer is no. You couldn’t do that before and you still can’t do it. How would putting a PSP game on the vita shop that you could already play on vita make it work with a ps3 title? This is not a Vita remake, it is just the overpriced PSP game.

Mobius2525 said:

February 26th, 2:54 pm

SNAKKKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dregin said:

February 26th, 2:55 pm

LOL this doesn’t graphically look better than AC:Liberation. Can’t wait to play this though.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

February 26th, 3:02 pm

Please release Portable Ops on Vita! It’s the only one I haven’t played, and I don’t have a PSP! I just have my PS3 and Vita.

Kchow23 said:

February 26th, 3:04 pm

Is Transfarring functionality something that you guys are looking to address? I would think that this could get patched on the PS3 version so it reads the PS Vita as a PSP.

SkyNet002mx said:

February 26th, 3:05 pm

Nice try but no, thanks. I’ll stick to my UMD, which does support transfarring. Wake me up when a REAL full-featured Vita version comes out.

PAGE 1 2 3