Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 17

Mar 17

The Drop: Week of March 18th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

Building on the popular DOA series’ signature fighting style, Dead or Alive 5 Plus brings the spectacular graphics and new martial arts techniques of the PlayStation 3 to the PS Vita with all-new system-specific features. Players will take on the roles of the cast of Dead or Alive fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world, with each stage featuring backdrops that change and interact with players.

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

81qAuLvpJbL._SL1500_The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

(Also on PSN) The Walking Dead video game takes the undead and brings them out of the AMC Emmy award-winning TV show and into console gaming systems in a new, terrifying way.   Terminal Reality’s first-person action game will allow players to assume the role of the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon on an unforgiving quest to the supposed safety of Atlanta. The iconic walkers will relentlessly hunt down players like their television counterparts using a combination of sight, sound, and smell. As Daryl, players will need to tread carefully throughout each new area they explore.  Once discovered, it doesn’t take much to attract an unstoppable horde of undead walkers, so every threat needs to be assessed, and every situation analyzed. No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, in this new, post-apocalyptic world.

Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Victory_US_RP_PS3boxart_160hHyperdimension Neptunia Victory

“V” stands for “Victory” in Compile Heart’s Hyperdimension Neptunia V, the third game in the RPG series. Neptune reprises her role as the self-aware main character and meets characters new and old after getting transported back to the ’80s version of Gamindustri. Prepare for a refined and even faster-paced battle system! Fans of the series will be able to immerse themselves even deeper into the mythos of Gamindustri with Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Dead or Alive 5 Plus

(PS3/PS Vita Cross Play) — With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. New touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes, and pinches on your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves. Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can even play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. Both novice and expert players will also find even more ways to up their game with new training-focused modes and a new display of advanced frame data that reveals twice the amount of information for each move compared to previous versions. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights.

Dead-or-Alive-5-Plus-Supports-PS-Vita-and-PS3-Cross-Play-2

Carnage_Heart_EXA_PSP_0907_001Carnage Heart EXA (PSP/PS Vita) — The centerpiece of Carnage Heart EXA is the design and implementation of giant robots called Overkill Engines (OKE). By themselves, these robots are unimpressive; only by hardware and software modifications do they become truly terrifying machines. Players will have a multitude of hardware and software options to add to their OKEs including weapons, fuel tanks, armor thickness, and more.

Dollar Dash (PS3) — Dollar Dash will have you shouting for joy and screaming in despair, as you make a dash with the cash. You must attack, defend or outrun your fellow thieves using unique comedic tactics and crazy weapons while making sure you deposit your hard-earned cash in the getaway vehicle before it disappears, hold onto the safe or simply blast your opponent on your way to victory.

Demos

• Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS Vita)
  • Dollar Dash (PS3)

600713boxart_160hPSone Classic

Hogs of War — Six nations fight for control of Saustralasia in Hogs of War. You side with one of the nations and fight through 25 levels of turn-based action. However, your army is rather unique: it is comprised of pigs. Yes, the smartest of all barnyard animals have decided to wage a war for resources. On each turn, you control one pig for a set amount of time. You can move the animal and attack the enemy, and when time is up you switch to another soldier in the three- to five-member team. After all of your swine have moved, the enemies take their turn in a similar manner.

914PacuhNtL._SL1500_Sony Pictures

Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray/DVD – Ultraviolet) — For a decade, an elite team of intelligence and military operatives, working in secret across the globe, devoted themselves to a single goal: to find and eliminate Osama bin Laden. ZERO DARK THIRTY reunites the Oscar-winning team of director-producer Kathryn Bigelow and writer-producer Mark Boal (2009, Best Picture, THE HURT LOCKER) for the story of history’s greatest manhunt for the world’s most dangerous man.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

dragon_night said:

March 17th, 4:01 pm

What? NO Spyro or Crash compatibility on Vita

True Real Life Cool Story Bro: A woman attempting to commit suicide from the Eiffel Tower landed on a car and later married the owner of the car.

dragon_night said:

March 17th, 4:02 pm

Side Note:This walking dead game is a cash in by Activision

Edzo04ps said:

March 17th, 4:06 pm

that walking dead game is going to be terrible.

pariah164 said:

March 17th, 4:07 pm

Will DLC for DOA5+ also come out Tuesday? Inquiring minds want to know!

DopiestGhost said:

March 17th, 4:08 pm

Where the hell is crash and spyro support for vita!

kono_324 said:

March 17th, 4:08 pm

Neptunia V for me even though I ordered the LE I just pick up a standard cause I’m impatient

GRIM__REAFER said:

March 17th, 4:09 pm

………….

Ghostwize said:

March 17th, 4:13 pm

Pretty week drop………

Neptunia may be a good game I just haven’t been able to get myself to play them. I’m certain there are a slew of things missing from the drop as always.

Zer0_SP said:

March 17th, 4:13 pm

Where is God of War: Ascension? Is it coming to the PSN? If you don’t know, tell me that. Someone at Sony must know what is up with the digital version of this. Please let us know.

eggmiester28 said:

March 17th, 4:20 pm

haha i never thought i’d live to see the say that Hogs of War is on the psn, besides that its more of a meh drop

IIL0YDII said:

March 17th, 4:20 pm

Hogs of War – YES! Finally! is it Vita compatable?Any news on Crash Bandicoot or Spyro compability?

el_casual said:

March 17th, 4:22 pm

ALL THOSE WHO EVERYTIME WANTS A SPYRO AND CRASH GAMES….REALLY…REALLY…HOW OLD THEY ARE??? 6 years???.
Spyro and Crash DONT BELONG to Sony anymore.
They ARE OF ACTIVISION…AND EVERYONE HERE..KNOW THAT ACTIVISION WANTS..MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY A BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG AMOUNT OF MONEY.

RidleysBox said:

March 17th, 4:23 pm

@1

Spyro and Crash work just fine for me on my Vita… Not sure what your doing wrong.

el_casual said:

March 17th, 4:24 pm

I only wait aNEW God of War on the go.

el_casual said:

March 17th, 4:26 pm

@13: maybe you have a PS3..I dont have and Icant play Silent Hill 1. maybe is that case.

Loco4FourLoko said:

March 17th, 4:32 pm

Sony one question. why do you hate all your vita owners? seriously quarter 1 SUCKS for vita! how may games came out that were worth playing? the vita sale was nice for the few games i didn’t own but the rest were games i still don’t want. just plain, WTF?

SHINOBI_3 said:

March 17th, 4:33 pm

What? NO Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 demo?!

hawjboi2009 said:

March 17th, 4:34 pm

ewwwww very worst week of the drop new releases.. screw walking dead survivalist.. i know it going to be worst game ever

neon_tooth said:

March 17th, 4:34 pm

Look, I’m trying to find some stuff to buy for that march $10 back special, but you guys are making it hard. I’ll buy the hot shots dlc…

gearhead32 said:

March 17th, 4:40 pm

I pre-ordered Walking Dead Survival Instinct off Amazon because they are selling for $37.49 and I had credit so,it will get it for under $20.

gearhead32 said:

March 17th, 4:43 pm

@3 I don’t think it will be a great game by any means but, I don’t think it will be terrible and it looks fun to me.I am getting it for under $20 from Amazon(thanks to credit) so,I think it is worth the purchase

KillaSloth said:

March 17th, 4:55 pm

Every week i look forward to The Drop, and if there is nothing for me I move on. It really upsets me that so many people feel entitled. so many hateful comments. you should really be ashamed of yourselves. it’s really depressing! it makes me want to drop gaming altogether. i’m really not too sure about this “social” aspect of gaming really.

gearhead32 said:

March 17th, 4:58 pm

@22 I agree there is a lot of jerk comments and troll comments on the blog during the drop and on the store update page.

Big-JefeSMH said:

March 17th, 4:58 pm

Will God of War Ascension get a digital release this Tuesday when the PS Store updates? Please reply and thanks in advance Rey!

Tjoeb123 said:

March 17th, 4:59 pm

IF
“Uh, guys, did NISA not tell you? Our game (Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory) is coming out on Thursday, March 21st, not this coming Tuesday. Which is swell and all, but I hope Tjoeb123 here gets his Limited Edition at the same time!”

Tjoeb123
“Me too, IF. Me too.”

But seriously, I’m looking forward to this! (despite being a Compile Heart game, and all of the stipulations that means) Also, some new Neptunia games were announced today (mostly on PS Vita (!!)), alongside additional info about the anime (and now, manga!) adaptation that is set to air in Japan this summer. So yeah!

Tjoeb123 said:

March 17th, 4:59 pm

BTW, IF is the character that’s my avatar as of the date and time of this post.

gearhead32 said:

March 17th, 4:59 pm

@18 You must not have played Damnation,Rogue Warrior or Vampire Rain all of those are beyond bad.

Big-JefeSMH said:

March 17th, 5:01 pm

I’m trying to buy it digitally only due to the “Spend $50 Get $10” promotion in April.

ps_n_blog_ac said:

March 17th, 5:13 pm

@22 agreed but most people have their reasons, although regardless sometimes it’s best not to have anything good on the PSN store that way you save money for something better. Hell this month TR,GOW:A, and Bioshock are being released THAT’S A LOT OF MONEY plus games are suppose to last at least a month or more… My guess people play video games way to much and finish their game too fast and end up buying more games :/ I’m a hard core gamer but i try to do other things like school work

ItaChu said:

March 17th, 5:14 pm

Carnage Heart EXA (PSP/PS Vita) ….. nice marketing on that one LOL first ive ever heard of that game …. gimme the Tales of games for Vita bring’em over here even if its without voices i dont care !

xX-lagout-Xx said:

March 17th, 5:18 pm

Help! i just got back and when i sign in my ps3 it said that psn has failed. Please help!!!!

ItaChu said:

March 17th, 5:21 pm

@ #9 ill tell you …. its too big … like uncharted 3 big lol

MockingBird009 said:

March 17th, 5:23 pm

How much will DOA 5 plus cost for the vita on PSN? Also, when will the ps vita have a naruto game and whatever happened to zone of the enders hd collection for the vita?!

ItaChu said:

March 17th, 5:25 pm

The Walking Dead SI …. free for PS+ in October LOL

ItaChu said:

March 17th, 5:29 pm

$40 #33 … like always … who knows maybe 30 if were lucky

Armored_Oso66 said:

March 17th, 5:32 pm

Looks like Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Dead Or Alive 5 Plus for me this week

smaki43 said:

March 17th, 5:39 pm

Hmm….zero dark dirty, must be the x rated version of the film

SukiHissori said:

March 17th, 5:39 pm

When is Sonic Heroes hitting PSN as a PS2 Classic? It was rated by the ESRB a couple weeks ago.
And what’s the word on Tomba! 2 coming to PSN?

stackrabbit said:

March 17th, 5:42 pm

Crash And Spyro for Vita??????? Any FFX HD news?

steevph said:

March 17th, 5:49 pm

@ smaki43
lol, might be worth a watch

el_casual said:

March 17th, 6:08 pm

will be great that in every Drop with a description of price and size.

DeVeAn said:

March 17th, 6:09 pm

Again what is Sony’s definition of classic? Hogs of War lol.

The only game here that I know is on PSN is Walking Dead Instinct. That is the only one where it tells me so.

jimmyfoxhound said:

March 17th, 6:11 pm

Zero Dark Dirty lol

MrBanballow said:

March 17th, 6:14 pm

I know this is unlikely, but Dead or Alive 5 Plus is already out in the wild, would Sony / Tecmo mind flipping the necessary switches (sending out the necessary updates?) tomorrow for Cross Play, Cross Goods and Cross Save? Would be much appreciated!

MrBanballow said:

March 17th, 6:16 pm

“Also, some new Neptunia games were announced today (mostly on PS Vita (!!))”

I saw that, if those Vita games come over here, I shall store them in my Neptunia lunch box.

CosmoClock21 said:

March 17th, 6:21 pm

While I’m certainly glad you guys are putting PSone titles back up again, we’re still missing quite a few. The first that come to mind are King’s Field games and Tail of the Sun. That said, Japan still has quite a few more games(and I’m talking about games that were released in both the east and west).

That aside, I’m really happy about Carnage Heart EXA getting localized! I’ll be picking it up first thing Tuesday. Now here’s hoping Natsume’s new relationship with Artdink leads to other great titles coming this way like Aquanaut’s Holiday(which was essentially the PS3’s answer to the Wii’s Endless Ocean).

BrendanCBear said:

March 17th, 6:36 pm

Dead or Alive 5+ is fun to play, but don’t expect the PS3 graphics that they’ve been touting for so long. It’s kind of disappointing though. The game is solid, the controls are pretty easy to learn, and it does run very fluidly, but the graphics are nothing like what they’ve been advertising.

el_casual said:

March 17th, 6:40 pm

@46:remenber that its a portable game.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

March 17th, 6:48 pm

PS All Stars DLC for me this week. Bioshock Infinite next week!

Squiggle55 said:

March 17th, 6:48 pm

I’m glad there’s a demo for DoA. That will be fun.

PAGE 1 2 3