God of War

Mar 17

Mar 17

The PlayStation Recap: What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

This week, Aaron Kaufman of God of War Community fame stopped by to give us a rundown of all the community happenings in God of War: Ascension, PlayStation Mobile got an evolutionary new entry in its stable with Forevolution, The Pinball Arcade is getting some new tables (and it’s coming to PS4), GungHo brought a bundle of new Japanese PSone imports to our shores, Machinarium got formally announced for a PS Vita release later this month, and more.

I’m gonna be late to the party guy here: I finally finished Ni no Kuni! The story gets really good near the end; if you started this and haven’t wrapped it up yet, don’t stop. It’s worth it. I’m gunning for a Platinum, but I’m not sure I’m gonna make it — I’ve come so far! I’m taking Runner2 breaks every now and then, because man cannot live on JRPGs alone. Kudos to the guys at Gaijin Games, this is their best one yet.

What are you playing this weekend?

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

Add Your Own

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

March 17th, 3:06 pm

I hope we get some good update this week :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 17th, 4:53 pm

We’ve got tons of news lined up this week, stay tuned!

Sonicfan11589 said:

March 17th, 3:08 pm

I am playing Dead or Alive 5+ on my PS Vita, YES, I got it early, Gamestop broke the street date.

MakoSOLIDER said:

March 17th, 3:29 pm

I’m playing: Ratchet & Clank, GoW Ascension

No reviews on GoW Ascension in the What we’re reading post? Hmmm…..

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 17th, 4:51 pm

A lot of reviews for Ascension were posted prior to the game’s release, so don’t qualify for this week’s recap; I linked one in last week’s update!

Have you played it yet? What do you think?

BrianC6234 said:

March 17th, 3:32 pm

I’d be listening to the Blogcast but it hasn’t been posted. What’s with that?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 17th, 4:55 pm

Sorry about that; we ran into a snag with an interview and the ‘cast was too short without it.

KloacyTheSeeker said:

March 17th, 3:40 pm

What I’m playing:
Gundam Breaker Beta (PS3), Phantasy Star Online 2 (Vita) – The Japanese PSN just has so much to offer right now.

What I’m watching:
MLG Dallas (because first major HOTS tournament), Dead Space Downfall and Aftermath on Netflix.

Big-JefeSMH said:

March 17th, 5:05 pm

Justin do you know if God of War Ascension will get a digital release this Tuesday when the PS Store updates? Thanks in advance!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 18th, 3:40 pm

Sorry, no news to share here. If and when it happens, you guys will be the first to know!

Kchow23 said:

March 17th, 9:18 pm

Seinfeld is the best! :)

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 18th, 3:46 pm

I agree! I’m watching it for the first time, and I’m realizing why people call it the best sitcom of all time.

Dubloon7 said:

March 17th, 11:52 pm

Justin: I just Platinumed Ni no Kuni. Took me 98 hours, give or take. Let me know how many hours you clock for that gem.

Good luck!

Hoping PS Plus will bring better Vita games to the IGC instead of the generic strategy/shooter/fighter games. WE NEEDAN RPG!!!!!!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 18th, 3:49 pm

I just hit 90 hours myself, and the main ones I have left to do are the alchemy and familiar-taming ones. I expect they’ll take a while. Guessing I’ll be 100 hours + by the end of it all.

We’ve got Disgaea 3 coming to Vita this month for Plus — that’s a pretty good entry RPG-wise, no? Check the March update for more details.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

March 18th, 3:24 am

I’m playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Can’t wait to pick Isaac & the character/system balances)
I’m watching: The walking dead S3, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.
I’m listening to: Beat Crusaders – Day after day.

ossiecastro5 said:

March 18th, 8:23 am

I finished Ni No Kuni and got the platinum. 90 hours of fun gaming. So worth it. I hope dlc missions will come.

Playing: PSASBR, Joe Danger 2, Spec Ops: The Line