Overwatch

Mar 18

Mar 18

PlayStation Plus: Venture into The Cave, Free for Plus Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Spec Ops: The Line rocked your Instant Game Collection at the start of March, and Joe Danger 2: The Movie rode in last week. This week, you’ll find The Cave, as well as Tekken 6 available free for PlayStation Plus members. You’ll also find deals on fantastic games like Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, among others.

Don’t forget that the Get $10 For Every $50 Spent promotion is still on, but ending at the end of March. That means if you purchased a 1 year PS Plus membership at $49.99, you’re already set to get $10 back on or around April 12th. We’ll cover you on that extra penny. And yes, it’s stackable.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

March 19th PlayStation Plus Update

The Cave (PS3)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

The Cave
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions. Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
Tekken 6 (PSP, Supported on PS Vita)

PSN Price: $19.99, Free for PS Plus members

Tekken 6
Armed with the largest character roster ever in TEKKEN history, a robust single player game experience, countless mutiplayer and online options, and an addictive character customization system, the greatest fighting game franchise soars is here for PS Vita and PSP owners to add to their Instant Game Collection!

*Not available in Mexico

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

40% Discount for PS Plus members

Rocketbirds
Set out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader as Hardboiled Chicken. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and illuminate the secrets to his past while uncovering the real enemies of Albatropolis. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!

• PS3 Version (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $7.19)
  • PS Vita Version (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational: New Courses and Characters

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack

25% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $11.99; PS Plus Price: $8.99)

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is an incredibly fun and accessible golf experience on PS Vita. If you already have the game, here’s your chance to download all 3x characters (Erika, Gloria, & Kat) and 3x courses (Mt. Sakura, Northern Fox, & Mar Cielo). If you don’t have the game, you can add it to your download list here; then hop on this great deal for even more content. Read more about these Add-ons from the PS Blog’s post last week as well.

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/19. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

Last Chance (Leaving on 3/26)

Instant Game Collection
Plants vs. Zombies (PS3 PS Vita)

Discounts
Scott Pilgrim Ultimate Edition
Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer + Wallace Pack

PlayStation Plus Update 3-19-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5

j-professional said:

March 19th, 9:57 am

can someone, please, tell double fine to make their games vita compatable?

TJF588 said:

March 19th, 9:59 am

Late in the game, but long and short is: Glad to give The Cave a try, glad to see PSP titles at all, and I’mma pass on the week’s discounts.

I came more specifically to make IGC requests!

> Bioshock – We did get Bioshock 2, but I’m much more interested in the lauded original. With Bioshock Infinite in wings, this’d round out nicely. While I’ve it on PC, I’dn’t mind knowing it’ll run on a machine…and getting trophies along the way.
> Dead Space – I know Dead Space 3 has come and gone, but with Jim Sterlings gushing about it on the Jimquisition, my curiosity is piqued beyond my aversion to ___-person shooters. Again, have it on PC, but want it on something more guaranteed than my laptop.

> Dead Head Fred – Always been curious of this title, but haven’t bothered to pick it up. Could do for some humor.
> Half-Minute Hero – Yes, the PC version is vastly superior, but all the more reason to offer this for free. Get Plusers into it, have them craving more, and make more money for Marvelous…which could mean more titles for the PlayStation systems?

Satnamji said:

March 19th, 10:30 am

Downloaded The Cave demo last night and ready to fire it up as soon as the Store updates. Thanks for such a great month for Plus! … perfect really for me … first time all three PS3 games were already on my radar. And no fighting games! … at least for the PS3 side. lol

Keep up the great work! … you have me at least until Oct 2014.

m4dDmUdD said:

March 19th, 10:44 am

@twindad i’ll be glad when they get there act together

smoothboarder540 said:

March 19th, 10:46 am

@DesolatiionAngel I meant that people would not have a legitimate reason to complain. I realize there will always be complainers. But if they updated the store 24 hrs earlier and gave people access to it at midnight it would be more convenient for us and it would fall in line with the way that most retailers release games. Most games come out at midnight on Tuesday and that’s the way I think Sony should run this store. But like I said I doubt it will happen. Maybe they will for the PS4 though, considering the focus they seem to be putting on digital games.

DesolatiionAngel said:

March 19th, 10:54 am

@205 they already do that for day 1 digital games if you check early the day 1 digital games are there just the cover and the adds do not get an update and the other stuff rolls out later all at the same time

Ryumoau said:

March 19th, 11:11 am

is it true that plus members are suppose to get free access to the Defiance beta?

hypersk_us said:

March 19th, 12:30 pm

It’s a good thing I already bought the Scott Pilgrim DLC, I’ll better hurry and get Plants Vs Zombies Vita before it’s gone!

Also, Tekken 6 PSP on Vita; I’m looking forward to it!

m4dDmUdD said:

March 19th, 12:31 pm

EU ps+ is…

kainan_BRAZIL said:

March 19th, 12:43 pm

No more shooting games, prototipe 2 ,yes morgan?

DigiOps said:

March 19th, 12:45 pm

@Ryumoau – The Defiance closed beta is for those who preordered the game. At least for this first wave of psn vouchers anyway.

Very interested in playing The Cave, by the way. A.) I won’t pass up at least trying a free game. B.) Much love for the guys behind Psychonauts.

Akin_64 said:

March 19th, 1:37 pm

about the spend $50, get $10 back program
does that $10 voucher still count for getting another $10 or is it exempt?

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

March 19th, 1:40 pm

You mean the “Loyal costumer” 10$ credit?

TJF588 said:

March 19th, 1:53 pm

Oh, and for those requests…

> Mirror’s Edge – Just ’cause. At the end of the day, though, I just hope DICE has a chance at a second game.

Spacerac said:

March 19th, 2:01 pm

@50

+ NATHANNAEL try the card again later. This happened to me before and it was because the store was under maintenance. When I tried it later it worked fine.

B66_butterfly said:

March 19th, 2:54 pm

@ 181: thank u very much for the help!

klassymike said:

March 19th, 2:59 pm

Heading for another late store update. I really wish they could get their act together and update it at a decent time every week! I realize it’s only 3 p.m. on the west coast, but not everyone lives on the west coast.

GintokiSsan said:

March 19th, 3:11 pm

really nice games. i just got Playstation Plus just today to get these games…and this is something not everyone was aware of but Persona 4 Golden dropped down to $29.99 just today on the PSN and I’m in the middle of downloading all these games as I’m typing

jas17slv said:

March 19th, 3:19 pm

hey guys search manually for the games with the search option I am already downloading tekke.

klassymike said:

March 19th, 3:21 pm

@ jas17slv

Thanks! Downloading The Cave now!

afigueroa said:

March 19th, 3:29 pm

Holy crap it’s true!! Persona 4 golden is on sale!!! Why didn’t they tell people this!! Any rpg fan needs to get this game!!! Go now!!!

hellenmure said:

March 19th, 3:38 pm

Why isn’t Tekken 6 available in mexico? Don’t you think it is disrespectful with your mexican plus subscribers?

penguin_pwner96 said:

March 19th, 4:12 pm

I feel like we were sort of scammed with the update that included Just Cause and Infamous. Not theupdate itself, that was amazing, but with the fact that nothing even comingclose to it has happened again. That looked like a publicity stunt at E3 to announce it lke that, because it made me feel like the entire year would befull of games, not only ps3, but playstation one, and even obscure games. ut the things I’ve noticed are games like Vanquish, which I love but own on disc as it is already a relatively old game, and other older games of the like. If you could add just afew more games , (one or two), to each update, I would appreciate it because of the disappointment that is, post E3.

TaLTaL55 said:

March 19th, 5:18 pm

The Cave is awesome!!!

But… ANOTHER fighting game!? by the poll you did, only 2% wanted more of these.

GintokiSsan said:

March 19th, 11:07 pm

The Cave and Rocketbirds are both awesome and fun.. I’d like more sales on action or RPG or those kids games instead of fighting game also but great month so far

lemonju1ce_ said:

March 19th, 11:57 pm

How long are those Hot shot golf dlc going to be on discount for plus member?

nytwolfkc said:

March 20th, 7:17 am

A huge thanks to the gang at Sony and an even bigger thanks to the team behind the network and the PS+ program. I had to actually increase the hard drive capacity on my PS3 because of all the games I’ve gotten through the plus program. I will be adding The Cave later today bringing my overall total of downloaded titles on my PS3 to 121!!!! Thank you Sony!!!!

GamerDogbert said:

March 20th, 7:27 am

ATTENTION MORGAN: The PS Store is NOT offering the PS+ discount price for Rocketbirds PSV to people who already own Rocketbirds PS3. PLEASE FIX. I want to buy the PSV version at this $5.99 sale price, not the $7.99 that is being erroneously displayed.

Otherwise, keep up the fantastic work on PS+!

ihenshin said:

March 20th, 1:20 pm

Heads up!

Persona 1, 2, P3P and P4G on sale. Nice move Atlus.

dspined said:

March 20th, 6:17 pm

I love PS Plus <3

Mr_Savage11 said:

March 20th, 9:21 pm

Man what a crappy month. Not like Feb tho but still. Oh well, here’s to April.

kaka_campolongo said:

March 21st, 8:54 am

where is DISGAEA 3 for Ps VITA ??

CJB-4 said:

March 21st, 9:05 am

PlayStation store please get Digimon card battle, Digimon World 1,2,3.4 and Vandal Hearts 1 and 2. your loosing my money.

mackenzy67 said:

March 21st, 9:33 am

Next tuesday for disgaea 3 huh guess i can wait i do have the ps3 version but id rather play it on the vita. The vita needs more rpg games on it. It’s the perfect system for rpg’s

SocialClimber_85 said:

March 21st, 11:09 am

When are you going to add some more real, honest to goodness full retail PSVIta releases to the PS+ section.
I feel like they started off good with some real tempting titles but as an early adopter I had most of them. There is a plethora of options and you all seem to just send out glorified apps and 2-3 hours of play games. And stop, please, with the PSP games.. If I bought PS+ for my PSP it’d be different but I bought it for my PS3 and PSVita! One or two is fine but making it a main feature is sad.

superfunstudio said:

March 21st, 1:10 pm

Rayman Origins Vita does NOT appear to be on sale as described last week…
What gives?

historyguy64 said:

March 21st, 4:27 pm

Can we get any of the following?: any GTA, Sleeping dogs, Any Sly Cooper, El Shadai, I AM Alive, One Peace Pirate warriors, or Bleach Soul restorection? I know thats a lot, but I would be fine with even just one of those. Especially Sleeping dogs. Thanks! I love you guys. This would be sick.

sohli1234 said:

March 22nd, 3:06 am

is the plus offer pay for 1 year membership and get 15 months membership still on? if yes. then what is the deadline to avail that offer?

paulokazii said:

March 22nd, 6:08 am

EU PS+ :

Entering PS Plus in April:
3rd April: Okami HD
3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
3rd April: The Cave
10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
24th April: Thomas Was Alone

So let’s see what you got in store for us Morgan.

brandon199316 said:

March 23rd, 9:38 pm

I would like to see a ps plus get a rpg a great rpg some time nest month. Two good examples would be the first Mass Effect game or Dragon Age Origins.

brandon199316 said:

March 23rd, 9:40 pm

sorry about spelling computer wanted to mess up.

brainfried999 said:

March 27th, 1:46 am

I downloaded it and checked it out. The production value is great and funny but running back and forth in the same area racking my brain to solve puzzles isn’t my cup of tea.
But to those who are into solving very difficult (at least for myself and my wife) puzzles and don’t mind seeing the same things on your screen for hours upon hours I’d say give it a go.

Zinkerz said:

April 1st, 10:27 am

I have been wanting to try the cave…nice!

zuhaadali said:

April 14th, 1:14 am

hi there everyone………

I am new can anyone tell me . that how can i use old playstation store ….????? please help….

PAGE 1 3 4 5