PlayStation VR

Apr 02

Apr 02

EPIX Brings Movies, Concerts, Comedy to PSN Today

Chris Mahoney's Avatar Posted by Director of Emerging Platforms, SCEA

EPIX

I’m happy to announce that our newest digital entertainment partner, EPIX, will be available later today on PlayStation Network! EPIX offers a host of streaming entertainment like comedy shows, championship boxing matches, concerts, and movies. It includes recent releases like The Avengers, The Hunger Games, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Captain America: The First Avenger and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. The team at EPIX has partnered with some of the top movie studios in the industry like Paramount, MTV Films, MGM and Lionsgate to offer over 3,000 HD movies for you to enjoy. EPIX also has its own original documentary series, including a new documentary about New York Knicks’ power forward Amar’e Stoudemire premiering April 19th. For more information on EPIX, visit EpixHD.com and check out the video below.

EPIX is offering some exclusive content, such as songs from EPIX Original Concert Events, for PlayStation Network users in addition to some great deals to get you acquainted with their service. Every PSN user can sign up for a free 14-day trial to check out everything the service has to offer. Additionally, EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber. Not bad, eh?

You can find EPIX in the “TV/Video Services” category on the PS3 XMB, as well as in the “Media & Apps” section of the PlayStation Store starting today. Don’t worry PS Vita owners, we didn’t forget about you: look for EPIX to arrive soon on your favorite handheld.

Let me know if you have any questions about EPIX in the comments below, and be sure to check out the application itself later today on PS3.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Satnamji said:

April 2nd, 2:04 pm

@jade777: Netflix Streaming has all the same movies available on EPIX, so if you have streaming, you don’t need Epix, and you won’t get Epix unless you already subscribe through you cable TV provider.

daggertoes said:

April 2nd, 2:11 pm

Nba league pass and hbo go please. The only reason I have live and would love it on psn instead.

toology01 said:

April 2nd, 2:57 pm

So I downloaded the app, but I don’t see where I stream the free movie for PS plus. Can you elaborate on this???

overblood said:

April 2nd, 3:26 pm

how will it work for the free movie a week will there be a specale ps pluse section just wanted to know because it won’t let me link my ps3 because my cable provider doesn’t offer it and I used a 14 day trial a couple months back with my xbox so a little info would be nice

ormid said:

April 2nd, 4:02 pm

Epix app is VERY BLURRY. I downloaded it and then deleted it and downloaded it again to see if that fixed it. Having a hard time even trying to read to put the access code in. Anyway to get it fixed? Love epix and can’t wait to use it.

bamahollis88 said:

April 2nd, 4:11 pm

I find it funny that the Erotic section is right under the children section.

ormid said:

April 2nd, 4:14 pm

Please add HBO GO and MAX GO?

TheBratPrince79 said:

April 2nd, 4:30 pm

Any new info on how epix work for plus member?
Do you actually need a cable provider?

Eddy513 said:

April 2nd, 5:38 pm

Why do I need a cable provider if PSN user get a free 14 day trial. Need more info or be more clear about how EPIX works.

Eddy513 said:

April 2nd, 5:41 pm

I wonder do PSN user get the same free 14 day trial as everybody else that subscribe to EPIX or do we get a extra 14 day.

Skater_Ricky said:

April 2nd, 6:14 pm

“EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber.”

Do I need to sign up for the free 14 trial to be able to watch theses free movies? And what movies are free this week for PlayStation Plus subscriber’s? There’s no clear explanation how to watch these free movies for being a Plus member. There’s no dedicated section in the Epix App for PS3 that I see or no special banner indicating of a free movie to watch for plus members.

ojodevidrio said:

April 2nd, 6:38 pm

I too have been interested in that ESPN. That’s actually why I finally bought the XBOX 360. But If you can’t get that at least give us FOXSOCCER2GO, Please and Thank You :)

Skater_Ricky said:

April 2nd, 6:45 pm

There’s a Link on the Epix HD site when you click on the PS3 icon link found here: http://www.epixhd.com/freetrial/ that sends you here: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/epix but the link is broken.

We need more info on how to get these “free streaming movies every week that PlayStation Plus is offering”. I’m refusing to signup for a free Trial tell I know more information on this matter tell then the Epix App will sit on my XMB MENU.

PS… the only True link I found on there website for PS3 Subscribers to sign up is found here: http://www.epixhd.com/freetrial-ps3/ but still does not explain anything clear about PlayStation Plus members.

tusunami said:

April 2nd, 6:57 pm

This totally made my year cheers!!!!!!!!!!

MaxSterling85 said:

April 2nd, 7:28 pm

Any way to get the CinemaNow, Flixster, or other Ultraviolet app on Vita. I buy lots of blu-rays and would love to see this come to Vita as it is already available on PS3.

crazy_kracker1 said:

April 2nd, 7:55 pm

Have it on my PS3 know can’t wait move over Netflix. lol

SpooNManX said:

April 2nd, 10:26 pm

Never used Epix until now.
I have to say it seems like something between the free Crackle app and Vudu.
It doesn’t seen to have anywhere near as many movies as Netflix.

Also the controls are lagged and basic and there is no way of telling if it’s HD.

Also we need details. How much is it when the 14 day trial is over?
Will the free weekly movies be kept in a queue or will each be deleted when the new one becomes available?

I_Am_The_Walter said:

April 3rd, 3:11 am

I also found the EPIX app incredibly blurry. I’m one of the few that still use an SD tv, so that might have something to do with it, but I’ve used both Amazon Instant Video, and Netflix with no problem, but the EPIX app looks like it’s coming through a Vaseline filter.

crazy_kracker1 said:

April 3rd, 3:56 am

When will it be fixed on there end woot

crazy_kracker1 said:

April 3rd, 10:20 am

Why tease us or even add an app or talk about it when it is not even fixed yet you don’t want to see my hulk side. lol

SCoopat said:

April 3rd, 10:37 am

HBO Go Please…

Spotify Please…

Watch ESPN Please…

overblood said:

April 3rd, 10:54 am

it will always be blury if your on a sd tv it is made for hd tv the thing rven saids hd tv it is fine on mine and I’m running an hd tv

TRACTOR-GUY said:

April 3rd, 3:49 pm

I hoping an admin will see this, or at least someone who’s been able to do this already, but does anyone know how to watch free movies with Playstation Plus? I am a currently subscribed Plus member, but I don’t have an Epix subscription. I do know that you need cable for a subscription, but I don’t have cable. I downloaded the PS3 app, and I can browse movies, but when I click on one, it just tells me to put in the activation code. I don’t have one, because I don’t have a subscription. Help!?

overblood said:

April 3rd, 4:00 pm

do the 14 day free trial that was how I had to activate it but I still don’t know how the free movies will work

CommandingTiger said:

3 you will see devices – add ps3

4. you see a code, pop those codes in your ps3

and poof free movies

TheBratPrince79 said:

April 4th, 7:10 pm

sorry @73 was that comment above
For subscription? make a fake subscription, it work for me

JohnnyBlue709 said:

April 8th, 5:32 pm

@TheBratPrince79 How do you “fake” a subscription, because right now Cox will NOT support the Epix app for any device except for a few android phones and I subscribe to Epix.

gvanvran said:

April 10th, 11:03 am

So, will I be able to watch the free movie even though I do not have cable TV service?

mayco86 said:

April 10th, 7:21 pm

Hi, I am a PS Plus subscriber, so my question is how do I get the free movie via EPIX as this article states???

JohnnyBlue709 said:

April 17th, 5:23 pm

@79 and @80 Yes, you need subscribe to EPIX though your TV service. EPIX usually included in a “Movie-Pack”. Call your provider and see what they officer. Cox is the only provider that will NOT support the Playstation 3 or any other device except for the iPad.

herrcreeper said:

April 27th, 2:59 pm

Will there be a fix to the blurriness? I am using a standard tv with composite and the screen looks like 3d without glasses

PAGE 1 2