Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 02

Apr 02

Sacred Citadel: Side-Scrolling Beat ’em Up Hits PSN April 16th

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar Posted by Brand Manager, Deep Silver

Hello again PlayStation.Bloggers, Rupert Ochsner from Deep Silver here! We’re thrilled to announce that Sacred Citadel will be available on PSN April 16th, 2013, at a price of $14.99.

Sacred Citadel

Sacred Citadel is a side-scrolling action brawler that offers a lot of depth, but is also very accessible for newcomers. You will fight different opponents that require individual tactics. Check out our first PlayStation.Blog entry to learn more.

Through the video featurette available today here on PlayStation.Blog, we reveal the fourth and final of the playable characters in Sacred Citadel. The other three were the Ancarian Ranger, the Safiri Warrior, and the Khukuri Shaman. Each of the four protagonists will have their own combos, special moves, skills, and equipment, and they will each play totally differently. Head to our official website to learn more about them.

Sacred Citadel Sacred Citadel

So who’s the final character? None other than the Seraphim Mage, a character who is very special and dear to all Sacred fans! The Seraphim has always played a unique role in the Sacred series — one could even say that she is the figurehead for Sacred.

In Sacred Citadel, the Seraphim represents the Mage class, specializing in offensive magic. She keeps to the background most of the time and casts devastating magic spells that cause elemental damage with various effects. With a spell book or a wand in her hand, she can also cause magic combo attacks using the elements of fire and ice.

Join us on our official Facebook or Twitter pages or check out more artwork, videos, and screenshots on our official website. We look forward to playing Sacred Citadel with you online starting April 16th!

Feel free to ask us more questions below, we are looking forward to answering them!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Zionine said:

April 2nd, 6:18 am

Colorful…. Depending on price and if PLUS gets a discount of some sort.. I’m interested.

From_Concentrate said:

April 2nd, 6:19 am

Might have to pick this up. Love the art style and looks crazy fun.

Chrabbey said:

April 2nd, 6:22 am

This looks like an awesome game! I just checked the link to your first blog entry and saw that you guys don’t have plans for a Vita release. Could you please reconsider?! With a newborn child, my Vita is the only console I can truly enjoy games on anymore.

BlueRobotX said:

April 2nd, 6:31 am

Awesomeness overload between Sacred Citadel, Guacamelee! and Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge all coming out this month.

DeviantBoi said:

April 2nd, 6:41 am

Loved Sacred 2 on the PS3 and I’m looking forward to Sacred 3.

Will the game unlock anything in Sacred 3?

I want to get this. Please offer a PS+ discount. :)

DrApollo said:

April 2nd, 6:47 am

Will this have local co-op?

Looks fantastic BTW!

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 6:55 am

Hey everyone! I’m Maurice, your Deep Silver Community Manager at your service. Ask me all about Sacred Citadel! We’re happy to be part of such a great month for PSN games :)

Local co-op is definitely in there: you can either play it on one screen with up to three controllers, or play it online with drop-in/drop-out co-op.

Tekn0tize said:

April 2nd, 6:55 am

This looks good. Will definitely be picking this game up!

four24twenty said:

April 2nd, 6:56 am

The dubstep made me giggle.

JKar275 said:

April 2nd, 7:02 am

Questions:
1) Will there be a demo or free trial?
2) Will there be a discount for PS Plus members?

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 7:19 am

1) Yep, you can give it a try and make up your mind after playing it!
    2) Not at this time.

Gorvi said:

April 2nd, 7:13 am

This looks great. :) Will this be coming to the Vita too, or only PS3?

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 7:48 am

Sacred Citadel is for PSN only.

Zionine said:

April 2nd, 7:16 am

Oh, i thought it was a Vita game.. I take back my first post.. have not much time for my console.. and when I do, I’m playing a jRPG of some sort.

GeoDarky said:

April 2nd, 7:17 am

awesome looking game *added to the basket*

Nates4Christ said:

April 2nd, 7:45 am

I’m very excited about this game. I have been since I first heard about it on the blog a few months back. I’m glad we finally have a release date! Hearing about the demo makes me happy too. Though I’m pretty sure I’ll buy it anyway. I really like castle crashers and the couch co-op experience, so this game looks right up my ally. I hope this game has a fun leveling up and unlocking new ability system. Fun stuff. :) Say high to Ryan Clements at Deep Silver Rupert. We all loved him while he was at ign. BEYOND!!!

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 8:19 am

Nice! Yeah, you can level up your characters to unlock new moves and assign stat points as you please. I’ll tell him “hi” :)

akisuo said:

April 2nd, 7:49 am

Looks awesome! Me and my son will be getting a kick out of this game then. Did y’alls stance change about it coming to the Vita?

DrApollo said:

April 2nd, 7:55 am

1) Will it have local co-op?

KanesInferno said:

April 2nd, 8:13 am

Any news on Sacred 3? That’s what I’m interested in!

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 8:23 am

Still in development. That would be something for a future PlayStation Blog post, perhaps!

BigRon3400 said:

April 2nd, 8:30 am

Looks like old school beat em up action! Count me in!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 2nd, 8:34 am

THIS NEEDS TO BE ON THE VITA!! AND IT SHOULD SERIOUSLY HAVE ONLINE CO-OP..AS A MATTER OF FACT..ALL PSN GAMES SHOULD BE CROSS-PLAYABLE WITH THE VITA..LIKE PSP GAMES..SERIOUSLY.OR ATLEAST MAKE ANOTHER GAME FOR IT SIMILAR TO IT LIKE THAT CHICKEN GAME I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF..LOL IF I HAD SHANK, NFL BLITZ, NBA JAM AND JOE DANGER ON MY VITA I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST VITA OWNER EVER!!

Gorvi said:

April 2nd, 8:38 am

In response to your answer, Maurice, I’m not trying to be a smart ass, but PSN could mean the game is for PS3 and/or Vita, both consoles connect to PSN. PSN isn’t just a term used to describe digital PS3 games.

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 9:02 am

Fair enough: it’s a downloadable PS3 game available on PlayStation Network :)

PainOfSarrow said:

April 2nd, 8:39 am

14.99 , … Decisions decisions.

JKar275 said:

April 2nd, 8:57 am

@Maurice Tan: Thank you very much for answering my questions.

I’m looking forward to trying out the demo & then purchasing the full game if I like the demo.

Kchow23 said:

April 2nd, 9:34 am

Hmm… where is Powerhouse?

xClayMeow said:

April 2nd, 9:41 am

The type of game that would be perfect on the Vita…yet it’s not coming to it. Oh well, guess I won’t be playing it :(

Kchow23 said:

April 2nd, 10:06 am

The game looks gorgeous though! PS Vita version please :)

xenosaga200 said:

April 2nd, 10:09 am

psvita version please

ralphael21282 said:

April 2nd, 10:38 am

Is the Seraphim mage class a wizard? Can a player also choose to play with one melee weapon instead of two while playing in action?

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 11:17 am

The Seraphim is a Mage class, or a Battle Sorceress if you will. You can use melee weapons and cast spells at the same time. Well, not exactly at the same time but you don’t have to swap between the two. The attacks are mapped to different buttons.

Depending on your class, you can wield one weapon or two for basic attacks, and a unique weapon type for your secondary/special attacks.

longevity said:

April 2nd, 10:59 am

Looks great. Crossbuy with vita?

GStylez1980 said:

April 2nd, 10:59 am

I’d also be VERY interested in this game…if it were coming to Vita. Seems perfect for the system. We Vita owners may not number in the dozens of millions like our PS3 counterparts, but a majority of us are hardcore gamers that spend tens of hours per week playing that system, and we buy a crap-load of games. Indie developers have certainly taken note of the benefits of developing their games for the Vita…Deep Silver should think about porting this over to Vita after it goes gold.

CrusaderForever said:

April 2nd, 10:59 am

Love everything Sacred! I have played and beaten every Sacred game and this one will be no different! :) Thanks for bringing this to the PSN. This is a D1P! Also, I hope once Sacred Citadel sells well, which I know it will, you can then bring it to the Vita. I guarantee you I will purchase the Vita version too! Good luck, however, I don’t think you are going to need it. The game looks fantastic! Also, highly anticipating more news on Sacred 3!

GT-420 said:

April 2nd, 11:23 am

This game looks really cool, I can’t wait to try the demo. Also very interested in your next 3rd person 3D ARPG, its my favorite genre.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

April 2nd, 11:32 am

I see you guys are back with a release date, but i’m a little confused. You said it’s going to be available the 16th, but when i saw the mage video it said the 17th at the end?

Thanks for providing a demo too, even though i’m ready to purchase Sacred Citadel day one. Also, +1 to seeing this on the Vita.

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 12:37 pm

It’s on PC and XBLA as well, so on April 17 it will be out worldwide on all platforms. But it will be up a bit earlier on PSN due to PSN always releasing games on Tuesday. Science!

boboMELOSHE said:

April 2nd, 11:38 am

This looks pretty rad and for that price im very interested :)

PhoenixDowny said:

April 2nd, 11:48 am

Game looks awesome. However, I own the PS Vita and not a PS3. Why are you developers continually making stuff a PS3 exclusive instead of covering both the PS3 and PS Vita?

ralphael21282 said:

April 2nd, 11:50 am

Will Seraphim Mage be a playable class without having to unlock or purchase her?

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 12:37 pm

You can select any class right from the start.

SkreetMerchant said:

April 2nd, 12:06 pm

No offense, but publishers really don’t understand Vita owners may not have huge numbers (yet) but we are big buyers. Any excuse to add new games to our system we jump on.

Please add a Vita Crossbuy version.

Crossplay/ Crossbuy functionality is a major plus.
I enjoy playing on my own screen with friends on a PS3 or when they are on their Vitas.

Can you at least let the higher ups know Vita owners would really like a Vita version?
Thanks for responding to us.

DJPlace said:

April 2nd, 12:39 pm

is there going be online play for this game?

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 2nd, 12:44 pm

To comment on the Vita questions:

The game is by a relatively small studio for multiple platforms, and Vita was not part of the plans this time around. It takes more than just “We have this game, now we have a Vita version.” There’s testing, changing the game due to local co-op being part of the core, etc.

But the “higher ups” will definitely get to hear the PlayStation community’s voice! As a Vita owner myself, I’ll be playing this on my PS3/TV and Persona 4 Golden on my Vita :)

Ecks said:

April 2nd, 12:51 pm

I’m glad to see there is a demo, hopefully it will be available on release day. I hate the trend we’ve had of demos coming out after the game has been on sale for a few weeks (and after the Plus discount has expired).

$14.99 is $5 more than my “impulse buy” price. $9.99 is just easier to pull the trigger on. $14.99 makes me reconsider, and sometimes I’ll just decide “nah, not right now” and forget all about the game, unless there is a later sale or something.

I don’t care about a Vita version. I have a Vita, but I like seeing original games for the Vita, not just ports.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

April 2nd, 1:07 pm

@Maurice: Thanks for the info. Yay Science!

Heatseeker125 said:

April 2nd, 1:19 pm

No Vita version, no buy for me. Welp, talk to you later.

GhostMachine1 said:

April 2nd, 1:57 pm

I entered 5 suggestions instead of one. Is that acceptable?

LeiFangHelenaFan said:

April 2nd, 2:20 pm

Cool. Can’t wait to play it.^_^

dorkgeniuz21 said:

April 2nd, 2:50 pm

Can you guys enable remote-play & cross-controller support for this game

tusunami said:

April 2nd, 6:46 pm

I may check this out as well.

PrinceofXIII said:

April 2nd, 11:10 pm

has my interest :D

Aces73High said:

April 3rd, 5:13 am

I too reckon this’d be great on Vita. I’d certainly grab it if it was. Only PS3 though, so never mind. Guess I’ll have to miss out. Ho hum.

Rupert Ochsner's Avatar

Maurice Tan said:

April 3rd, 1:10 pm

That’s it for the Q&A from our side!

Thanks everyone for all the different questions and input, it’s always helpful to hear from the fans directly! I hope you’ll give the demo of Sacred Citadel a chance when it hits the PlayStation Store, so you can see for yourself if you think it’s worth grabbing :)

SocialClimber_85 said:

April 3rd, 6:01 pm

Can I just say this looks so fun!! I can’t wait.
So many good PSN games in the last few years.

emordecai2000 said:

April 4th, 6:30 pm

I would be very interested in a PS Vita version!

PAGE 1 2