Overwatch

Apr 15

Apr 15

PlayStation Plus: Malicious Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

This week, we hope you’ll join us in welcoming Malicious to the Instant Game Collection! Download it for free starting with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

We’re smack dab in the middle of Spring Fever 2013 — this week, you can look forward to a launch week discount on Dragon Fantasy Book I, along with deals on a sweet lineup of titles from the Grand Theft Auto franchise; perfect to catch up on any missed entries in the series.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

April 16th PlayStation Plus Update

Malicious

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Malicious
Take control of the Spirit Vessel and battle waves of brutal fighters and colossal enemies to rid the world of the evil force of Malicious. Gain new weapons, build your powers and perform devastating combo attacks as the final showdown between good and evil draws near. With a beautiful art style, Malicious is a treat to look at and will be coming to PS Plus later this month.

SPRING FEVER – Dragon Fantasy Book I (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

Dragon Fantasy
Experience an all-new old adventure! Fight your way through hordes of monsters, explore the caves, castles, and dungeons of an ancient evil, and meet warriors, princes, pirates, zombies, and crazy old woodsmen in a huge world epic retro RPG adventure. Authentic 8-bit artwork and an original soundtrack by renowned 8-bit musician Crashfaster keeps the game true to its retro roots. Get this new release at a launch week 20% discount, only for PS Plus members.
SPRING FEVER – Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale (PS3, PSP with PS Vita Support)

Up to 50% Discounts for PS Plus Members

Grand Theft Auto Sale
Excited for Grand Theft Auto V? Who isn’t! If you happened to miss any of the excellent entries in the series, this might be a great time to catch up before jumping back in the worlds that only Rockstar Games can create.
Game Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV Digital (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: THE ULTIMATE EDITION (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto IV – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 Classic) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PSP; PS Vita Supported) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/23)

Instant Game Collection

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (PSP; PS Vita Supported)

Discounts

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Zombie Driver HD
Zombie Driver HD + Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Soundtrack
Zombie Driver HD Apocalypse Pack

All these deals will go live when PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

What are you most excited for this week? What do you think could be better? Leave your comments below, or, if you want to get more involved, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 4-16-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

ajmason312 said:

April 17th, 12:58 pm

Thanks klassymike the game i’m after is bully on the us psn as I tried the UK its got no option for me to select it.anyways I’ll read up a little more before trying to download.i’m very thankful for the help though.

RayzorGunner7 said:

April 17th, 1:00 pm

Is it me or is the PSN store still not updated? Anybody else having this issue? It was supposed to be updated yesterday, but I see the same old deals and games from last week when I go into the store. I was really looking forward to playing Malicious. The game looked pretty cool and I hope the problem I’m seeing goes away if it is just for me. I haven’t seen people complaning about the issue I’m having yet.

TwinDad said:

April 17th, 1:09 pm

@RayzorGunner7

They had a technical issue yesterday with the PSN maintenance and it made the store miss it’s update schedule. According to the Playstation Twitter, and MOrgan’s post on the Soul Sacrifice blog post, they will publish the store today, but no exact time eta other than today.

klassymike said:

April 17th, 1:13 pm

@RayzorGunner7

Read up, my friend. The store hasn’t updated due to maintenance issues. They say it will update some time today.

Daeruin said:

April 17th, 1:17 pm

Just curious if anyone else has not received the store update on their PS3 for this week yet. I am either experiencing a local issue, or something else.

Daeruin said:

April 17th, 1:17 pm

And that’s what I get for not scrolling to the bottom of the comments! DOH!

RayzorGunner7 said:

April 17th, 1:20 pm

Thanks to those who replied.

Brock51174 said:

April 17th, 1:30 pm

They said it should be out later today

idn86i said:

April 17th, 1:51 pm

Is the PSN still under maintenance or something? I’m still not seeing any updated contents. No Malicious or Soul Sacrifice demo…? What’s the deal?

idn86i said:

April 17th, 1:54 pm

@Daeruin: guess we’re the same lol

When I get home at 10:00pm I better see the PSN updated! =D

IroncladMerc said:

April 17th, 2:06 pm

I just got a used PS3 and I am loving it so far, signed up for PS Plus. One thing though, is there a page somewhere that shows all the games that are in the IGC? It’s so tedious to browse through the store one row at a time.

rmartin979 said:

April 17th, 2:10 pm

I live in Canada and as of April 17th, the store does not seem to have been updated this week. I can not access the GTA sales nor Malicious. Is there something wrong with the store? Something with my account?

rmartin979 said:

April 17th, 2:10 pm

OK…I see the other comments about this now. Ignore previous post.

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

April 17th, 2:13 pm

Seems like the store updated for me already. It’s all there, but not sure about everyone else.

ZeLL2K2 said:

April 17th, 2:20 pm

Store is updated but Malicious isn’t free for PSN+

Shadow_Enz said:

April 17th, 2:22 pm

The store’s updated for me, but when I try to download Malicious, I see the PS+ disclaimer/confirmation, but it goes into my cart with a $9.99 price tag instead of FREE.

Can we get some word on this? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I also tried it on one of the discounted GTA items, and at first, it didn’t show the plus discount whatsoever (defaulted to $19.99 instead), but when I backed out and went back to the item, it should the PS+ discount (didn’t try adding it to cart though).

However, went back to Malicious and still no dice.

Shadow_Enz said:

April 17th, 2:23 pm

it showed the PS+ discount* not should

ZaGe-zAiKaNo said:

April 17th, 2:23 pm

@ZeLL2K2 :

Should be, I just finished downloading my copy. Did you check the PS+ Section?

ShadowNextGen said:

April 17th, 2:24 pm

Malicious is supposed to be the free PS Plus game this week, right? Why is it trying to charge me $9.99? Please get it together Sony.

klassymike said:

April 17th, 2:24 pm

Mine updated and Malicious is free on my end.

javierich0 said:

April 17th, 2:25 pm

How can they mess up this bad, I’m a ps+ member and the store is trying to charge me $9.99 for the game,

JoeyGerms said:

April 17th, 2:25 pm

Good news from you last few posters. Morgan just posted this on his twitter 10 mins ago so I’m guessing it’s just a few more touchups and it will be finished finally.

“Just got word that we’re close to getting the update live. Barring any complications, watch @PlayStation for the official all-clear.”

rine63 said:

April 17th, 2:25 pm

finally its up!

cronothunder said:

April 17th, 2:26 pm

I wonder why I can not download the free game this week if I am user of PSN Plus? As well as a paid DLC for Gran Turismo 5 was deducted from my wallet, but so far not in my list of purchased products! What’s wrong with PSN?

klassymike said:

April 17th, 2:27 pm

You might try signing out and back in to refresh the system.

javierich0 said:

April 17th, 2:28 pm

Anyone having trouble downloading malicious for free you need to exit out of the store and enter again.

A_93juantheone said:

April 17th, 2:34 pm

I’m trying to get Malicous on my Dad’s account because that’s where the subsciption is on, but it keeps wanting to charge me $9.99? I thought it was free?

heedthevil said:

April 17th, 2:34 pm

Just updated for me too.

Finally get to queue my 8 hour downloads, hooray.

cronothunder said:

April 17th, 2:35 pm

It worked, thanks!
And my DLC for Gran Turismo 5? Bought it and it does not appear on my list of downloads! What can it be?

JoeyGerms said:

April 17th, 2:39 pm

Finally! Now we can move on with our lives xD

A_93juantheone said:

April 17th, 2:41 pm

It seems all you have to do is sign out and back in but you really should take care of these glitches. It’s no deal breaker but when it starts charging for something that is supposed to be free….It’s just a glitch or but that should be fixed ASAP because that’s what Playstation Plus is all about…Free Games

voltronjones said:

April 17th, 2:46 pm

PS+ is also trying to charge me for Malicious despite being a Plus member. Signing in an out has not helped.

voltronjones said:

April 17th, 2:47 pm

Update….it’s working now after another logout/login.

WarMongeR1979 said:

April 17th, 2:49 pm

Question why is that EU get better titles then NA?

rine63 said:

April 17th, 2:58 pm

because all they play is fifa

Brock51174 said:

April 17th, 4:24 pm

The PlayStation store is now updated i bought the GTA 4 complete edition and Vice City i’m so happy

theonlytaco said:

April 17th, 4:43 pm

just curious why the european list is so much superior to ours? any suggestions?

theonlytaco said:

April 17th, 4:46 pm

just realized warmonger asked the same question…so, yeah…why?

ildookim17 said:

April 17th, 5:44 pm

Generally asking, is there any chance for expired(?) or previous(?) free games to re-appear for PS+ for free? I just noticed that some of the games were free before I signed up for PS+ member and no longer free now.

Ghirlandajo said:

April 17th, 6:46 pm

Hi Morgan:

I have a question that because I just downloaded GTA4 and GTA4LCS time trial for free. So When I try to actually buy the Grand Theft Auto® IV: The Ultimate Edition, the store says it’s “not available for purchase, because I had already bought GTA4.

I haven’t had time to experience the 1 hour time trial till weekend so would the paid Ultimate Edition be available for me to purchase as soon as I deleted the trial version, or after it has been played?

I do not want to miss this sale so anyone has the definite answer?

michaelhite said:

April 17th, 8:15 pm

Malicious is a great surprise this week and thrilled to get all my GTA stuff digital. I really hate buying discs now, I want all digital. My 1TB hdd is about half full! haha

Crono1973 said:

April 17th, 9:05 pm

I can’t find Malicious in the store. Searched New Releases, Playstation Plus and directly search for it. The search turned up nothing.

polarcast said:

April 17th, 9:47 pm

I was excited for Malicious until i played it… Been a while since ive seen something that horrible

Shadow_Enz said:

April 17th, 11:23 pm

Well it’s working again, *phew*

PrinceofXIII said:

April 18th, 2:09 am

hell yes!!!!

Mr_Savage11 said:

April 18th, 7:57 pm

Craptastic. Step it up.

twiztidlegend said:

April 18th, 9:24 pm

As someone who bought both the White 500GB model and the God Of War Ascension 500GB model I’m just hoping you guys take games like infamous 2, ratchet and clank, and little big planet 2 off of the playstation plus. Good games and I understand the concept of allowing everyone to get them but perhaps its time you cycle something different on there because all of those games are blown out and tired because they have been here since at bare minimum July of 2012. So if you have anything to do with the suggestions of that I would start working toward that.

twiztidlegend said:

April 18th, 9:31 pm

I mainly bring this up because I feel we as playstation plus members are actually being falsely advertised being told there are 15 games a month when in turn 3 of the actual playstation 3 games, not PSN and not PSP vita. The actual full length PS3 games that are on the playstation plus have been there for almost an entire year. Just seems awfully ridiculous for them to not be updated with new full length PS3 games. I’m not asking for brand new games nor am I asking for something amazing. Just something different is all would be nice.

braziouus said:

April 19th, 3:38 am

I totally agree with twiztidlegend. It’s extremely disappointing to see PS Plus Europe having Batman Arkham City, Catherine, Hitman Absolution, F1 Race Stars, Okami HD, while we get Demon’s Souls, Bioshock.

bobarue said:

April 19th, 7:49 am

@347 and 348, I would disagree. I just signed on for plus a couple months ago and was really glad those games were there. We get 3 games a month, it doesn’t matter if they erase small titles that have been there a month or two or they keep really good titles for years. The new comers can get some good games and we still get 3 ps3 games a month. Would really like to see at least one good somewhat new ps3 game pop up every month or two, not psn game, which since joining has not really happened. Heres hoping for hitman.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8