Knack 2

Apr 18

Apr 18

BEYOND: Two Souls Box Art Revealed

Derek Osgood's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Today we’re very pleased to unveil our packshot for BEYOND: Two Souls, due for release in October for PlayStation 3.

Beyond: Two Souls for PS3 - Final box art

We worked together with the team at Quantic Dream to choose an image that we felt was both cinematic and in keeping with the emotional journey that the final game will take you on. We hope you like it.

Developing the pack front for a game like BEYOND is always an exciting challenge. BEYOND is so unique in the sense that it spans a character’s entire lifetime and takes place in such a vast array of locations and situations, that picking a singular image to represent the game effectively really does feel like digging for a needle in a haystack. What age do we want Jodie to be in the image? Do we include co-star Willem Dafoe? Do you show Jodie doing something dynamic or do we show her more at peace? These are all questions we had to ask ourselves throughout the process (among a great deal of other questions!).

Ultimately, we decided on the packshot you see above because it felt sophisticated, mature and different from most traditional game packaging, and it really captures the emotion Ellen Page conveyed in her performance as Jodie. The image of Jodie at peace in the eye of the storm really speaks to her constant battle with the incredible gift she’s been given.

Next week, on Saturday April 27th, BEYOND will be screened at the Tribeca Film Festival, followed by a panel featuring writer/director David Cage and actress Ellen Page. Stay tuned next week on PlayStation Blog for details of how you can watch this event via a live stream.

Any questions, please just ask away below.

Add Your Own

Miggy11 said:

April 18th, 11:12 am

Its nice having my waifu on the cover of a game.

GeoDarky said:

April 18th, 11:13 am

Well done guys such a beautiful cover, Day 1 purchase of course

Kchow23 said:

April 18th, 11:47 am

Cool box art looks like a movie!! :)

RR99i said:

April 18th, 11:54 am

I love the final box art. Can’t wait, going to be a great experience! :)

Lugoves said:

April 18th, 11:56 am

I want the PS4 version to be better not the same. The Last of Us is coming out soon enough I’ll get that on PS3, but everything after that This included if it has a PS4 version [Not port] I want it on the PS4 … please let us know if/when or details of a PS4 version..

apoco_483 said:

April 18th, 12:41 pm

If you guys came to david cages preivious work looking for great gameplay, you’re sad. They’re not about the gameplay.

NateDtail91 said:

April 18th, 12:42 pm

Seeing the box art just made my mind to go ahead and buy it. Cant wait!!!

magicx11 said:

April 18th, 12:48 pm

Great job on the cover. I hope Quantic Dream become a first party studio.

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 18th, 1:10 pm

Amazing boxart. I like how the composition looks simple in passing, but there’s actually a lot being conveyed by the individual elements. Very impressive for something so minimal.
Have had this pre-ordered since it was announced. It’ll probably be the last game I get for PS3, so really looking forward to it. October can’t come soon enough. :)

JROD0823 said:

April 18th, 1:19 pm

This is the first excellent Blog post that I have seen in quite some time.

This cover art is superb, it really couldn’t have been done any better.

I’m so excited for this game.

Kchow23 said:

April 18th, 1:25 pm

Will it have art work on the inside of the box art? :P

Mando44646 said:

April 18th, 1:27 pm

great boxart! I cant wait! Though this is annoying that is comes out just as the PS4 does yet is not playable on the PS4 :/

The-Sigma-Alpha said:

April 18th, 1:28 pm

Is this a movie or a game? Cuz this clearly looks like its being sold as a movie..lol.

TwinDad said:

April 18th, 1:57 pm

I think it looks okay.

@Craiji,

The industry standard to put put a person on the cover. There have been a few games released over seas that have scenery for the cover, but we get a person.

In fact one of them was Heavy Rain.

sonicman97 said:

April 18th, 2:14 pm

Will there be add-on to the game.

sonicman97 said:

April 18th, 2:19 pm

Will Beyond Two Souls get add-on content

badkev_07 said:

April 18th, 2:37 pm

Wow this Cover looks amazing it truly can be picture of a million words, exited about the game cant wait.

lyfestory said:

April 18th, 2:49 pm

one of the few games im looking forward to this year.. October is gonna be rough since GTA5 is also due out…

Satnamji said:

April 18th, 3:19 pm

Still pre-ordered since the first day the product page went live on Amazon. But like many others here, avoiding further coverage to avoid spoilers (I already wish I hadn’t watched last year’s E3 mini-demo).

Satnamji said:

April 18th, 3:20 pm

Great cover, BTW. Excellent argument for physical copy over digital version.

M-Easy said:

April 18th, 3:49 pm

Day 1 buy and most likely the last game I ever buy on the PS3. Way to close it out QD.

tusunami said:

April 18th, 4:06 pm

This box art is awesome, I like the close up of Ellen Paige’s face.

RageMyGoddess said:

April 18th, 4:57 pm

A very beautiful box art. : )

Pabloo1010 said:

April 18th, 5:03 pm

With 2 well known actors, this game has fantastic potential for it’s marketing campaign.

CyberGhostface said:

April 18th, 5:08 pm

Do you have an idea of when we’ll get more information on the steelbook/limited edition release?

Also do you know if there will be future DLCs or rereleases beyond the Gamestop exclusive?

Derek Osgood's Avatar

Derek Osgood said:

April 19th, 9:58 am

That information will all be coming soon, stay tuned!

saab01 said:

April 18th, 5:22 pm

I love the box art hopefully we will be seeing more game play soon.

UnholyBahamut said:

April 18th, 5:24 pm

I love it, especially because it’s one of the few game covers that have a girl in it.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

April 18th, 5:37 pm

This is a DEFINITE BUY UNLESS it has a MAJOR PLOT HOLE just like Heavy Rain did… I STILL can NOT believe how such a great game AND story was RUINED by such an OBVIOUS plot hole in Heavy Rain (the twist). It’s really sad, because the game was so unique / could have been GREAT, instead of just “interesting / good” … Lets hope Mr. Cage got his StoryTelling skills together this time… because really… if Heavy Rain was a MOVIE or a BOOK it would have gotten TERRIBLE reviews… does anyone agree with me or am I the only one that cares about A GOOD + LOGICAL story in a game that is ALL ABOUT the story effecting the game?????

plaztiksyke said:

April 18th, 5:58 pm

I really like this art better than the North America art for Heavy Rain (aka “BREASTS!!! LOOK AT THEM!!!”).

Will there be Alternate Reality Games as part of the marketing for this like there was for Heavy Rain? I really enjoyed that tie-in.

PrimeroIncognito said:

April 18th, 6:19 pm

That’s a really beautiful shade of blue…

PrimeroIncognito said:

April 18th, 6:23 pm

@ dodgedoors

You should read his comment on the Black Rock Shooter post. I laughed… then sighed… then facepalmed…

Silly Goofus, he just doesn’t have a clue…

Prophet_Alan said:

April 18th, 6:59 pm

huhu,everybody love ellen page

Elvick_ said:

April 18th, 7:13 pm

Looks awesome.

D-Squad3 said:

April 18th, 8:33 pm

Very artistic, hope you guys make a contest on your box art for your PS4 title, I would definitely submit one. :)

RE_Player said:

April 18th, 9:11 pm

Looks excellent. Simple yet tells you what the game wants to achieve. Glad Willem Dafoe is getting his name on the box along with Ellen Page.

I was late to the party on Heavy Rain, bought it when it became a Greatest Hit, but loved it and remains one of my top games. This is day 1 for me.

YorlecmNwahs said:

April 18th, 10:27 pm

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

kdiep said:

April 18th, 10:54 pm

Ugh, (like Heavy Rain) I bet Europe is going to get a much better cover art again. This one is not to my liking.

iREVOLTER said:

April 19th, 3:23 am

Can’t wait to play the game.

P.S: Great Boxart.

bubbagoesmoo said:

April 19th, 11:09 am

There’s so much going on if you really take the time to appreciate the box art. She may look calm, but there’s chaos around her. I think it explains the game very well. Well done. :)

rj9797 said:

April 19th, 3:26 pm

I know more info on the steelbook cover is coming, but if we do get that edition from some retailers will it also include this case and cover?

KPRINTZ said:

April 19th, 5:09 pm

Sweet boxart, part of the main reasons why i have a PS3 and favor only Playstation is because of this game and Heavy Rain. (David Cage is the Christopher Nolan of videogames in my opinion.) Keep up the good work you guys!!

shionpaula said:

April 19th, 6:05 pm

Looks really amazing!
Really loved how the cover is kinda “colorful” but its still strong and really intrigues you even more to go play the game! <3

Also liked the "movie" approach showing the names of the actors behind the HD cinematics.

Its a day1 for me! I'm sure it will amaze me even more than Heavy Rain :D

(Beyond Two Souls and Last of Us will be the must buy for me this year)

shionpaula said:

April 19th, 6:06 pm

Exactly what I felt bubbagoesmoo! Amazing art!

ElektroDragon said:

April 19th, 11:24 pm

THANKS for not putting a guy with a gun on the cover!!! :)

But I have a better idea. The cover should have just said DAFOE on it in huge letters above a huge disembodied grin. It would sell billions.

Bigmoose1985 said:

April 19th, 11:47 pm

Last time i checked video games aren’t &have never been movies….. i wish david cage would piss off with this crap.

DarienIsKing said:

April 20th, 8:30 am

The box art looks amazing, can’t wait for this game to be released. In my honest opinion I believe this will be one of the greatest video games ever created. It’s a real powerhouse of a game, really shows off the capabilities of our PS3 systems. Oh and I hope they can incorporate some sort of offline and online multiplayer modes, maybe with multiple user sign ins, with players who play on the same console? Maybe? But yeah the cover looks great, can’t wait to own a copies of BEYOND: Two Souls, sure to be one of my all time favorites.

superiordeionv said:

April 20th, 2:05 pm

these kind of games are going to change the way of future gaming. keep up the work sony and stay strong to entertainment and gaming thank you very much for announcing the ps4 and the games. (^o^) watch dogs all day everyday. thank you like the cover.

DarienIsKing said:

April 20th, 5:46 pm

One more comment, I am so infatuated with this title…. ok that’s all. Keep the great games coming.

dyiing4life said:

April 20th, 11:59 pm

Can we still get the steelbook pre order?

Firecrest said:

April 21st, 1:54 am

Will there be reverse cover art with David Cage gently kissing Willem Dafoe on the forehead? I hope so. :(