Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 19

Apr 19

Jak and Daxter Collection Goes Portable on PS Vita This June

Victor Harris's Avatar Posted by Associate Producer, SCEA

Jak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita

In February 2012, Naughty Dog’s beloved Jak and Daxter franchise got a faithful HD remake on PS3 in the form of Jak and Daxter Collection, satiating series fans and introducing newcomers to the duo. This June, we’re expanding the collection to the portable audience. Jak and Daxter Collection (comprised of three of Jak and Daxter’s legendary adventures – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3) is coming to PS Vita for just $29.99.

The power of PS Vita means Jak and Daxter Collection will feature authentically reproduced graphics from the original games. Longtime fans will instantly feel at home, and new players will experience the world of Jak and Daxter for the first time, along with new touch-based applications of certain mini games throughout the collection.

Jak and Daxter Collection on PS VitaJak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita

We’ve been hard at work on this addition to the Jak and Daxter lineage, and we can’t wait to hear your hover board triumph stories as well as your trials and tribulations during your quests for more eco.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

dvanman345 said:

April 19th, 4:03 am

Awesome can’t wait for this

gerneric123 said:

April 19th, 4:06 am

Can we expect the HD Collections from the other two PS2 platformer series on Vita too?

What about an Ape Escape HD Collection?

Cyber6x said:

April 19th, 4:06 am

Couldn’t of had Jax X as well? That game would’ve been great to have on a handheld, with its short race and battle modes.
Oh well, the original 3 will be good too. Might make collecting all those Collector eggs way easier.

jumpbutton said:

April 19th, 4:08 am

How about instead of continuously porting stuff, we just get a *new* Jak game?

AguilarX said:

April 19th, 4:09 am

nice, but i dont think i’ll re-buy the HD collection just for portability’s sake

gerneric123 said:

April 19th, 4:09 am

Watching the trailer … I hope you guys improve the frame rate : /

yazter said:

April 19th, 4:12 am

Cross-save/double trophies?

Oxybelis said:

April 19th, 4:13 am

So Vita can handle Emotion Engine emulator? Or did they rewrite parts of original GOAL compiler this time? Please make “making of” like PS3 one.

yazter said:

April 19th, 4:13 am

Sorry, missed the Trophy part.

Will the saves carry over between games, instead of replaying the game over and re-unlocking the trophies?

BuBBeRX said:

April 19th, 4:14 am

Really? Another port? That is just sad…

Undrey said:

April 19th, 4:22 am

Awesome!

IzoGray said:

April 19th, 4:25 am

I won’t pay more than $10 a title and it will be ridiculous for you guys to ask for more than that

rafael_martines said:

April 19th, 4:27 am

Love when we can’t see the images on yahoo S2

¬¬”

erapago said:

April 19th, 4:29 am

Kind of getting tired of these sub-native first party releases, Sony. The screen’s resolution is 960 × 544. Use it.

Returners said:

April 19th, 4:44 am

Is it cross play?

aelurio1980 said:

April 19th, 4:48 am

Buy for sure, but wished it had investments in new games. Even though the sony fan, I’m thinking about getting a 3DS after the announcements of new games.

=/

EmperorKorea said:

April 19th, 4:49 am

Just watched the trailer. What is up with the absolute terrible framerate? Is this a game or a slide show? Who’s doing these terrible ports? PS3 version wasn’t even native 720p. This is just pathetic.

Zezzler said:

April 19th, 4:53 am

This is great news!
Hopefully more and more HD Collections make their way onto Vita, such as the Ratchet and Clank Collection.

Will we be able to purchase these games separately through PSN?

KazeEternal said:

April 19th, 5:05 am

“Jak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita has full Trophy support, but fear not Trophy hunters — the list isn’t shared with the PS3 version, so go for the Platinum!” Ya this is NOT a good thing. I assume the saves aren’t cross compatible either? Where is the incentive? I haven’t finished the games yet on PS3 this would help with that if it was Cross Play and Cross Trophy compatible. I do not like double earning! You can look at my PSABR Trophies to just see how effective it has been.

IIL0YDII said:

April 19th, 5:08 am

Why framerate is so horrible in that trailer?

IIL0YDII said:

April 19th, 5:09 am

And are you telling me that you can do a proper port with native Vita resolution?

KazeEternal said:

April 19th, 5:17 am

@12 Izogray
“Jak and Daxter Collection (comprised of three of Jak and Daxter’s legendary adventures – Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, and Jak 3) is coming to PS Vita for just $29.99.”

RTFP

snakeeyes211 said:

April 19th, 5:28 am

Another amazing addition to my collection thank you naughty dog

Gorvi said:

April 19th, 5:32 am

This is fantastic news, such great games. Jak III in particular is right up there as one of the best action platformers of all time, and the “twist” is still hilarious.

Zionine said:

April 19th, 5:43 am

Never played a Jak game.. so I’m willing to support it on the VIta. :)

Gadirok said:

April 19th, 5:43 am

Absolutely ridiculous.

Should have worked on a actual jak and daxter game for the vita as a spinoff rather than another port.

And by the looks of it, sub-native resolution with terrible framerate. I hope that trailer is not a actual depiction of the actual gameplay.

I personally would have loved a original Jak and Daxter platformer on the vita, over a port of the HD collection.

Whoever is responsible for this, should have acted sooner and brought out the HD collection in February 2012 when the PS3 version launched, and let it be ready for the Vita launch. It may have also been a perfect way to capitalize on the Vita+ PS3 crossbuy, but instead we get the announcement a year later and it looks like shoddy worksmanship.

Benzitor said:

April 19th, 5:56 am

Excellent news… Even though i bought the first on PS3 … i might buy this on Vita, since i never played the second and third.

sony should have thought to release all HD compilations like Sly, or ICO in priority on Vita, instead of PS3, which had enough games, and also received PS2 games in DL

dimy93 said:

April 19th, 5:59 am

Sweet,i know what I;m going to have for my birthday

Alastor424 said:

April 19th, 6:05 am

Holy crap! I can’t wait!

ItaChu said:

April 19th, 6:09 am

ports ports ports ….. :(

dimy93 said:

April 19th, 6:11 am

Port or not this games is better than most original games created for vita

gamemasta123 said:

April 19th, 6:41 am

Very nice! On the subject of HD collections, any word if Jak X is getting an HD remake, since Ratchet Deadlock is already on the way.

BadPiggie123 said:

April 19th, 6:53 am

Where’s the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection on Vita? Can we ever expect it? Speaking of Ratchet, do you have any idea of when FFA comes to Vita? Thanks.

L1V32W1N said:

April 19th, 6:57 am

OMG NOOOO WAAAAAAAY!!!!! I LIYERALLY JUST SAID IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF THEY MADE THIS YESTERDAY THIS IS AWESOME OMG!!!!!!

furystylee said:

April 19th, 6:59 am

Time to get a bigger memory card!

IzoGray said:

April 19th, 7:07 am

@KazeEternal

As in, not paying for all three games. They should be seperate like they are on PSN. They’re only $8 a game there too.

Also, who are you to speak for people when it comes to trophies. GTFO with your crap about it not being a good thing.

IzoGray said:

April 19th, 7:12 am

Wow. Just watched the trailer. It looks like absolute trash, graphically and the frame rate is atrocious. What the hell Victor Harris

TALLglassofWATER said:

April 19th, 7:14 am

@ ADMIN

When Will the Vita firmware be fixed? It has caused my digital copy of lumines to cease to function. Even after delete/install the problem persists. I have heard of several other people with similar issues but sony has yet to acknowledge the issue. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

nabilafzali02 said:

April 19th, 7:14 am

I hope this game is not only digital download…….

StargamerX said:

April 19th, 7:18 am

I REALLY hope this means there is a new game in the works. Otherwise, I don’t see why Sony would go through the trouble of porting a year old collection of 10 year old games to the Vita.

Either give me Jak and Daxter on Vita or PS4! (Preferably made by Naughty Dog)

Nazotchi said:

April 19th, 7:31 am

Why so expensive? The PS3 version is only $19.99. Even less if you get a physical disc copy on Amazon.

Tim81DE said:

April 19th, 7:39 am

My only question is “why?” What’s the point of re-releasing it with a few new Vita based mini games (I assume like the Sly Move games). Why not go the full route and include the original 3, Daxter, Jak X, and The Lost Frontier? It would have warranted the purchase on day one from me, but I’ll have to wait for a price drop since I already own this collection for PS3. Still, thanks for bringing to the Vita.

UnrealButcher said:

April 19th, 7:41 am

Loving my Vita, and can’t wait to get this.

Hope we get a Ratchet and Clank HD Collection.

This is part of the reason I got a Vita in the first place, to play great hand held games made specifically for the Vita, but to also play some of these games that make Playstation a great platform.

What I’d really love is a Legacy of Kain HD Collection. ***Drooooooool***

SamusekTDS said:

April 19th, 7:44 am

These are the same games from the collection?! YOu couldn’t do crossbuy? I thought for sure this would be the three portable spinoffs…

Sam.

Tjoeb123 said:

April 19th, 7:50 am

I got the collection on disc. Played through and Plat’d the 1st J&D. Wasn’t really into the other 2.

Brother traded in the disc (without asking!). Later I saw the 1st game for like 2 bucks (PS Plus price) on PSN, so I re-bought it.

1. Since I already own the PSN version of the 1st Jak and Daxter, will it be cross-buy enabled? And…
2. Will it be handled the same way as on PSN (IE you can either buy the collection, or each game separately, on PSN)?

Figboy said:

April 19th, 7:54 am

Already own the PS3 version, but I’m a sucker for J&D, so I’ll get this one as well. Lol.

And hey, how about an HD remaster of Daxter? It looks amazing as is on the Vita OLED, but I certainly wouldn’t complain about a remaster!

remanutd5 said:

April 19th, 7:56 am

Excellent news i will be supporting this collection, i hope to see Ratchet and Clank, God of War and inFAMOUS Collections on the vita as well.
Where is Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault?
when are you going to announce God of War, inFAMOUS, Syphon Filter, MediEvil, Motorstorm, Resistance on the vita?

xClayMeow said:

April 19th, 7:59 am

Awesome news! I only own a Vita, no PS3, so I for one am very happy this is finally coming to the Vita! I hope every HD Collection makes its way to the Vita!

DrRockzo1987 said:

April 19th, 8:03 am

Any possible chance of a Jak and Daxter Volume II HD Collection (or whatever it’s called) with Jak X: Combat Racing, Daxter, and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier? I’d snatch that up day 1!!

I know there’s already a Facebook group with over 1,200 people who want to see it happen too.

remanutd5 said:

April 19th, 8:04 am

oh and the vita needs a game similar to Warhawk or MAG ASAP.

PAGE 1 2 3