Knack 2

Apr 25

Apr 25

PlayStation Blogcast 071: Ice To See You

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

We scour Lost Planet 3 in a revealing first interview with Capcom Producer Andrew Szymansk! We focus on this upcoming PS3 prequel’s alien ecosystems and design philosophy. Then we turn to talk of tea, Diet Coke, and Quentin Tarantino before delving into the North American new releases for next Tuesday April 30th, 2013.

Journey Cake

Happy birthday, Justin!

We scour Lost Planet 3 in a revealing first interview with Capcom Producer Andrew Szymanski focusing on the prequel’s alien ecosystems, talk tea and Tarantino, then delve into North American new releases on PSN and retail for Tuesday April 30th, 2013.

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Aram Jabbari

The Cast

Add Your Own

MakoSOLIDER said:

April 25th, 9:09 pm

Sooooooul Sacrifice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undrey said:

April 25th, 9:16 pm

Happy Birthday Justin!

I’m starting to play old PS3 games that I missed, I’ve just gotten GTA IV (thanks to the awesome sale), what do you recommend? (not First Person Shooters)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

April 27th, 6:09 pm

Thanks! :D

As for recommended non-FPS PS3 games, you’ve got a lot to choose from. If you’re into open-world stuff Red Dead Redemption is amazing from start to finish, the old PixelJunk games on PSN are a treat, particularly Monsters and Eden, you’ve got the obvious Journey and The Walking Dead from last year if you haven’t played those yet, the Uncharted series if a globe-trotting adventure is more your speed, Heavy Rain (especially with Beyond right around the corner), XCOM if you’re a strategist, Portal 2 (one of my favorite games of all time), Ni no Kuni if you’re looking for a great JRPG, the entire God of War series for obvious reasons (and the more recent DmC for more in that vein)… I’m missing dozens of great choices but that’s a decent start.

Undrey said:

April 25th, 9:37 pm

Nice cake!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

April 27th, 6:10 pm

I’ll pass your compliment along to the chef. :)

cool_trainer said:

April 25th, 9:42 pm

Awesome cake.

cool_trainer said:

April 25th, 9:43 pm

Thanks for posting the blogcast, makes overtime a little better.

BlindMango said:

April 25th, 9:46 pm

Wow, that cake is ALMOST as cool as a platinum trophy ;) Haha, downloading the podcast now!!! This is gonna be another great one!

thebiglouie said:

April 25th, 11:15 pm

I was about to recommend mixing tea and cola before listening to the blogcast. Nevermind about that. :x

That picture looks like only frosting was spread on the plate.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

April 27th, 6:10 pm

That just means I got the camera extra-straight while taking the photo, I suppose! It was a two-layer cake, and it was delicious.

clupula668 said:

April 25th, 11:42 pm

Just to chime in on the movie thing. Haven’t seen Django, but I think Planet Terror is way better than Death Proof. In fact, I think Death Proof is absolutely awful. Not only does it not fit in with the grindhouse motif, it also basically comes off as Tarantino disappearing into his own hype.

That said, Watchmen is vastly better than Sin City. Sin City has some absolutely awful performances in it (with the exception of Mickey Rourke, who is great). Watchmen is something that I’ve watched many times and it has never felt as long as it was. Sin City seems about three times as long as it is.

Scaramanga1983 said:

April 26th, 5:26 am

I wish we could jump straight to what we want to hear. Those links that lead to the game page could be shortcuts to the point where the talk starts. Those initial five minutes made me lose the interest about the blogcast.

johnnyp70 said:

April 26th, 5:42 am

I agree with #9 that time stamps, either here or in the Podcast description would be most helpful. I actually enjoy Sid, Nick & whoever’s banter, but sometime like to skip the interviews if they are for games I have no interest in. This week’s movie talk was fun. I am in Sid camp about Tarantino, and I think, for the most part, Robert Rodriguez is not as good as his reputation. I would probably have Kill Bill 1 third after Q’s first 2 movies, and Jackie Brown doesn’t get nearly enough love, probably because it’s not a pure Tarantino story. I wish he would do the ultimate Kill Bill edit so we could see his true vision for the story. Alright, back to games. Well done all.

IzoGray said:

April 26th, 5:59 am

I really enjoyed the tea and soda discussion. Keep it up guys.

Please stop playing with people when they ask about Soul Sacrifice pre orders. It’s bs.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

April 26th, 9:39 am

Definitely not playing with people – we just don’t have a firm answer yet! The second we know, you will too. Sorry I can’t be more definitive, I totally get the frustration.

DrApollo said:

April 26th, 7:32 am

Sin City is a fantastic film! The only Rodriguez film I actually like. Planet Terror was just ok.

I liked Watchmen except for the deviations they made from the comic (especially the plot that revolves around how the movie ends)

Django Unchained was good!

Kill Bill 1&2 are excellent!

Nates4Christ said:

April 26th, 7:40 am

Whoa just heard on twitter: Interview with Lost Planet 3. I might have to listen to this episode!!!

DrApollo said:

April 26th, 7:43 am

#13

The interview is great!

TwinDad said:

April 26th, 8:03 am

While I listen to every second of the blogcast to include the mystery music I also agree that the listing above of what is inside the blogcast should include minute marks.

MushThePainter said:

April 26th, 11:37 am

@8 – you have a terrible taste in movies.. Watchmen better than Sin City? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

doodrad said:

April 26th, 3:38 pm

Oh man, that cake is awesome.

BlueBl1zzard said:

April 26th, 5:08 pm

Enjoyed the tea/soda discussion, I’m a more of a chamomile tea man myself (and I drink it in the morning haha).

@Nick Suttner Aww really, no soda? Well you’re always welcome to come over to the Sprite side ; )

iamratherdashing said:

April 26th, 9:30 pm

Katamari Damacy!!!! Thank you!!!

Kchow23 said:

April 27th, 1:05 am

Wow awesome cake! Happy belated birthday Justin :P

ItaChu said:

April 27th, 3:57 am

no details on whats gonna be on sale next week >.< great guys lol

Elvick_ said:

April 28th, 9:23 am

Ugg… if that Invizimals stuff means we’ll get it digital only or something then… UGGG to you.

bednarz said:

April 29th, 5:12 am

Is there any chance that the PAL region will be getting Katamari for download?
Given we missed out on the actual retail release it would be utterly amazing to finally get the original title!

Xer0Signal said:

April 30th, 6:35 am

Man, during the Tarantino discussion, I was (internally) yelling at all of you at different moments! Each of his films (well, maybe not Pulp Fiction, now that I think about it) all have weak moments, but, I love all of his work. At the same time, I’m with Aram. Sin City and Planet Terror were great fun. Rose McGowan with a (expletive-deleted) machine gun for a leg! Rodriguez does have a lot of misfires in his catalog, but, the guy also made “From Dusk Till Dawn” which is a modern (is it still modern? I guess not. Yeesh, how time flies…) classic, IMO.

I feel like Inglorious Basterds didn’t get a fair shake. It was definitely slow at moments, but, I really feel like the ending paid off so, so well. Also, while I loved Waltz in Django, I felt like much of it was a retread of his brilliant performance in Basterds.

Xer0Signal said:

April 30th, 6:36 am

Also, Sid, while I kind of agree it would have been a bit more exciting if what you suggested actually happened to Django, but, I don’t think it was necessary. You say his kill-crazy rampage at the end would have been more believable, but, up to that point, dude has been through a whole lot. Not to mention all the slavery that happened prior to the beginning of the movie. I feel you, that, maybe one more intense thing could have happened to Django before the end, but, his manhood had already been threatened and taken away so much, that, what you suggested might have felt too extreme, even for QT.

GranpireV said:

April 30th, 10:24 am

Barbapapa is actually a quirky way of writing “Barbe à Papa,” which is French for cotton candy. Literally, “Barbe à Papa” means “Dad’s Beard”

I’ve always loved the way that’s written in French.

webbiken said:

May 1st, 8:55 pm

Nice blogcast. It frustrated me when you guys where talking about that one recipe and joked about geting diabetes because there is a total difference between type 1 and 2 where as type 2 is for fat people and tyoe 1 just happens. I have type 1 by the way.