Horizon Zero Dawn

May 06

May 06

PlayStation Plus: Sleeping Dogs Joins the Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Welcome to the PlayStation Plus preview for May! Read on to see what’s coming to the Instant Game Collection this month, as well as this week’s discounts.

Please extend a warm welcome to Square-Enix’s thrilling crime drama Sleeping Dogs, joining the Instant Game Collection tomorrow! You’ll also find a sweet discount on the award-winning indie, Papo & Yo. There’s more where that came from, so read on. As always, let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

May Preview

The following games are slated to be free to PS Plus members through the Instant Game Collection in the month of May.

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

PSN Price: $49.99, Free for PS Plus members

Sleeping Dogs
Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant city whose exotic locations hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads. You play Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside. Heralded on several Game of the Year lists, this version of Sleeping Dogs comes with not only the full game, but also 3 premium DLC packs including the Retro Triad Pack, the Red Envelope Pack, and the Street Racer Pack.
Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $14.99, Free for PS Plus members

Knytt Underground
With an array of thrilling quests, unique zen-like gameplay and plenty of dynamic characters to meet and guide you on your adventure – Knytt Underground delivers a captivating and unparalleled experience. Download today and begin your journey to ring the six bells of fate and save this vibrant and enchanted underground world before it’s too late.
Germinator (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Germinator
Germinator twists the bubble genre, wiping away old school match-three games. Crash germ bubbles into those of the same color. Combine and grow them until they explode in a splattering goop. Trigger power-ups to pop them all and mess up the screen. Timing and accuracy are the keys to solving puzzles and preventing the germs from rising too high. It’s a great title for all ages, and will be downloadable free in PlayStation Plus later this month.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $24.99, Free for PS Plus members

BlazBlue
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND is the definitive version of the Continuum Shift series, which includes character balance tweaks, a new character, Relius Clover, story modes for all previous three DLC characters: Platinum, Makoto, Valkenhayn, new modes, and improved online multiplayer! Watch for it later this month.
Pinball Arcade (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $9.99 Free for PS Plus members

Pinball Arcade
It’s pinball action on the go with Pinball Arcade on PS Vita. You’ll find great pinball tables likeTales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole available from within the game. There are other tables available to download if you’re looking to augment your Pinball Arcade experience.

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

Leaving PS Plus In May
  • May 7th – Demon’s Souls
  • May 14th – Mega Man 9 & 10 Combo Pack
  • May 21st – Tekken 6 PSP
  • May 21st – Darksiders
  • May 28th – Zombie Tycoon 2
Entering PS Plus in May(in no particular order)
  • Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
  • Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
  • Germinator (PS Vita)
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS Vita)
  • Pinball Arcade (PS3)

May 7th PlayStation Plus Update

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)

PSN Price: $49.99, Free for PS Plus members

Papo & Yo Bundle(PS3)

25% Discount – PSN Price: $11.99, $8.99 for PS Plus members

Papo & Yo is an adventure that follows the tale of a young boy named Quico and his best friend Monster, a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth and an addiction to poisonous frogs. The minute Monster eats a frog he goes into a violent rage that’s bad news for everyone around. And yet, Quico isn’t afraid to make a dangerous journey to find a cure for his best friend. As Quico, you’ll need to build your friendship with Monster by solving puzzles with his help as you adventure through a magical, imaginative world in which you can conjure solid objects from thin air. You’ll need to learn to use Monster’s emotions, both good and bad, to your advantage if you want to complete your quest and find a cure for your scary pal! This bundle also includes the soundtrack.

Remember, check back every Monday to learn when BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3)
Germinator (PS Vita), Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled), and Pinball Arcade (PS3) are arriving to PS Plus members. You’ll also find more discounts and other exclusives that we weren’t able to detail here just yet. Remember: the month preview is subject to change.

Thanks for reading this week’s update along with the month outlook. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 5-7-2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

epizzati said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

morgan, is pinball arcade going to be crossbuy?
is not very clear in the update as in one part says crossbuy but the it says ps3…

if so THANKS i love cross buy in the igc as i have a ps3 and vita but its nice to have the option to decide how to play!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Yep; it’s a cross buy title

IKARI_LEO said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

About Sleeping Dogs, better late than never. Same goes for Knytt Underground.

But what really impressed me was including BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND, I really wasn’t expecting that. Finally an fighting game for Vita is entering on IGC! This makes PSN+ full of win. Nice job, PSN+ staff! ^_^b

PainOfSarrow said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

What if i get PS Plus… what if ps plus eventualy no longer exist in the next decade ? i dont want to lose my collection. is ps+ really worth it ? i dont like rentals. i luv netflix, will i feel the Luv for plus the same ?

snakeeyes211 said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

I already own sleeping dogs and it is an amazing game so I recommend any plus member that does not own it to pick it up immediately and if you’re not a plus member. Morgan hit them with the link LOL
The team has done a great job in bring a lot of value to PlayStation plus so thanks and continue the great job

xFuzylilManPeach said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

Awesome month to be a Plus member! :] thanks a million guys!

Commenting from my Vita btw! :D

MarinoBrea said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

Image, No Align sounds like a really good game.

chrisishizu said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

Sleeping Dogs for PS3 and BlazBlue for VITA , good, good.
Since I already own BlazBlue CS Extended for PS3, it´s like i got CrossBuy for that title now. ;D

Actually ways better than last month.

whiners cant complain anymore for ..”just old crap on Plus US”

DayofZer0 said:

May 6th, 11:42 am

Wow tons of Vita love this month awesome :)

J-Kisner said:

May 6th, 11:43 am

Great update! But the picture in the bottom shows Tekken 6 as a vita game… It’s a psp game (careful of false advertisement).

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:52 am

Good eye; I’ll make sure to request that gets adjusted for future use. Thanks!

trum3n1 said:

May 6th, 11:43 am

@DonkeyKongKilla

I’m pretty sure that they were talking about 2 full games per month…
And if not, then why Europe is getting Hitman and Catherine for PS+ which both are full games?

Ryumoau said:

May 6th, 11:43 am

Sleeping Dogs the only thing good. Tired of all these fighting games. Did that poll you guys took for what genre we wanted months ago mean nothing? Please more rpgs!

AmericanNinja1 said:

May 6th, 11:43 am

Sleeping Dogs is 7.1GB for those wondering.

Morgan, Is there a way you could find out if/when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops will be compatible on North American PS Vitas? Or is you can’t , who can us gamers e-mail or tweet to find out?

four24twenty said:

May 6th, 11:43 am

I like what you did with that new Plus promotion graphic. Displaying the titles with a “game box” format looks more official and enticing to potential customers. Just so ya know.

xFuzylilManPeach said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

@51,

Give it a try, i personally will be a PS+ member for life! :)

leotherf said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

Looks like another good month overall! I really wanted to try sleeping dogs and papa and yo. I didn’t like the germinator or Knytt Underground demos that much, but thats ok. I’m in love with Pinball FX2, so I’ll give Pinball Arcade a shot. I already bought Blazblue in the Holiday sale, and I’m a little disappointed in getting another fighter, but it’s a good addition to the IGC. I’m pleased with this month.

beef_child said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

Germinator too? I get the impression that Sony’s trying hard.

I think a big up for Morgan is in order. I do feel that he has been pushing for plussers, especially recently.

I need more time to play games…..

avdavidw said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

Great month for PS+ Vita owners. Germinator deserves to be on every Vita. Brilliant puzzle game that couldn’t be any more at home on the Vita.

fede01_8 said:

May 6th, 11:44 am

I was about to give you a lot of sh.. for offering a 4 years old game when Europe is getting a game that is 6 months old (!) but i guess i’m gonna have to eat my own words. Great work. Let’s hope you keep this level of AAA games coming…

krae_man said:

May 6th, 11:45 am

***IMAGE, NO ALIGN***

kingenvy said:

May 6th, 11:46 am

So does this mean we get Knytt for both Vita and PS3 and Pinball Arcade just for PS3?

Just looking to clear that up

Great update BTW guys can’t wait for sleeping dogs

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:53 am

Both of those are cross buy so you can get them on whichever console you like

Yanorath said:

May 6th, 11:47 am

so… is blazblue ps3 or vita? in the image you guys says it’s for vita but..

here it says otherwise

Entering PS Plus in May(in no particular order)
Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
Knytt Underground (PS3, PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)
Germinator (PS Vita)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3)
Pinball Arcade (PS3)

please answer this =)

DonkeyKongKilla said:

May 6th, 11:47 am

@trum3n1 – I’m pretty sure about this, Wasn’t too long ago actually maybe back in march I believe. Morgan commented to someone saying they try to push out at least one a month. Morgan could only speak upon the NA team not EU. This is not EU blog page that’s a whole another team running the show. So your theories run dry.

xFuzylilManPeach said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

@68, it says right there pinball is cross-buy enabled, just like knytt…

LDemonicI said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

What do I need to do to make memory cards for the vita cheaper?

kyoshinhen2 said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

It’s ok if a game that I’ve already paid and won appears on the playstation plus offers but it needs to consider more offers on the dlc content for Us.

GameQuirks said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

Nice update!

Any chance to add Djmax Technika Tune on IGC or a plus discount? I haven’t seen ryhthm games in the collection yet.

DarkDuckJustice said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

Haha…and I was worried a couple weeks ago that PS Plus was in a low patch. You had to go prove me wrong two weeks in a row huh? :-) Thanks for the update!

saab01 said:

May 6th, 11:48 am

Thanks so much for the sleeping dogs it looks like a great game and finally I will be able to play it. Knytt Underground also looked like a great game and its good that it joins the IGC. As for pinball arcade the whole demo is either off or comparing it to Zen Pinball is a huge difference. I love Pinball but I feel like Pinball Arcade falls short of being a great game when compared to Zen Pinball.

And Last lets make some changes next month and finally get rid of
Infamous 2
Ratchet and Clank
Little Big planet 2

A whole year has been enough in the collection.

Spine999 said:

May 6th, 11:49 am

Any discounted DLC planned for Sleeping Dogs?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:54 am

Nothing that I know of that I can share, but check the PS Blog Store Updates to be the first to know when certain discounts hit.

viceforce said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Very excited about Sleeping Dogs. But if next month we get Batman AC n July we get Mass Effect 3 (Or Vice Versa). I’ll be kinda disappointed because It means will getting the same route of games Europe has. The last 2 months were good IMO because Spec Ops and Demon Souls are 2 games EU has got in the IGC, that separates NA from EU, but all in all keep it up guys.

IIL0YDII said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Great job, few months behind EU PLUS,I see we’re no going to get “Hotline Miami” for Free as EU customer did when “Thomas was alone” came out, you guys never fail to amaze me, in fact I have a feeling EU WILL get “Hotline Miami” for free.

RateX_BR said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Is the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND for PS3 or for PS Vita.
Please, fix the post!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:54 am

It’s been fixed, it’s for PS Vita only

GT-420 said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Amazing update, PS+ has really turned it around the last few months. Looking forward to Sleeping Dogs even though I’m not a big fan of the GTA genre. Would love to see Batman AC and the Hitman game that EU is getting this month, or if I dare to stretch, Dishonored would make me go *schwing*. A wee disappointed that Germinator isn’t PS3 as I don’t have a vita, plus, I feel a little bad that Vita owners are getting yet another fighting game, way too much of that genre for both + platforms, but especially the Vita.

JobyGoob said:

May 6th, 11:50 am

Great update and thanks for the info! Quick question, am I misremembering or wasn’t Patapon scheduled at some point recently to join the IGC? Did I miss it or did something else happen? Was I the only person looking forward to playing this again?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:55 am

Not sure where you might have seen that, but it hasn’t been announced as joining the NA IGC.

Satnamji said:

May 6th, 11:51 am

To me this month’s offerings represent exactly the reason I have Plus: to try out games I would’ve never taken much notice of, namely Sleeping Dogs and Knytt Underground.

As I already have Pinball Arcade, I have my fingers crossed for a DLC tables sale the week it’s made available to Plus members.

Thanks for another great month!

lisatsunami said:

May 6th, 11:51 am

I’ll try Sleeping Dogs. It looked way too violent for me, but as a Plus game, I can try it out and see. Thanks.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:57 am

It definitely has some violent moments; but I did enjoy exploring the world of Sleeping Dogs. Hope it’s up your alley, but if not, then there’s a few other fun ones to pick from =)

Yanorath said:

May 6th, 11:51 am

morgan already answered my question to another person thanks… but being only on vita DDD; why not ps3 too =\?

brace yourselfs people… for the next 2 month people asking for hitman and catherine \o

TheExecutorz said:

May 6th, 11:52 am

:( another fighting game for psv. i guess demon soul and watch dog will keep me busy then. thx for the update

Slydevil13 said:

May 6th, 11:52 am

I am loving the Vita content as of late! Thank you so much.

trum3n1 said:

May 6th, 11:53 am

@DonkeyKongKilla

Dude…. The truth is that Europe is paying same price for PS+ as we are and they ALWAYS get better games… That’s the only thing I’m complaining about.

Ryumoau said:

May 6th, 11:53 am

I’m also curious about plus discounts on sleeping dogs dlc. Papo and Yo has a very meh rating on metacritic so i won’t even bother with it even after a discount.

MoonLance said:

May 6th, 11:54 am

Sleeping Dogs for my PS3 and BlazBlue CS Extend for my Vita. I’m one happy camper.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

May 6th, 11:55 am

Sleeping Dogs will be fun to check out. Seems like a good mix of everything this month.

As usual, here are some games I’d love to see in the IGC:

God of War (any/all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (any/all games in the series)
Metal Gear Solid HD collection for PS3, digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row 3
Uncharted (any/all games in the series)

Also, could you add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game I haven’t played!

MarcioHuser2 said:

May 6th, 11:55 am

Great deal, with Sleeping Dogs. Not for me, thught, since I already own it on PC :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

May 6th, 11:58 am

play it for the Trophies?

RulitoCR said:

May 6th, 11:57 am

Woooooo Sleeping Dogs!!!! I akmost bought that game this weekend!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!!! Awesome update!!

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

May 6th, 11:58 am

Morgan is like a zen master of positivity. Looking forward to trying Sleeping Dogs, even though it’s not traditionally in a genre I love, and I would recommend Papo and Yo to anyone who hasn’t bought it. It looks great, the story is very emotional, a powerful metaphor for the issue being examined and it does not outstay its welcome at all.

ItaChu said:

May 6th, 11:58 am

So its Vita Month huh? lol the more vita games the better i guess…. but i dont think you guys should make a lot of other months like this …. wouldnt wanna run out of vita games to offer…. LOL

I hope theres a Sleeping Dogs DLC sale this week …. that would be good …. :)

ItaChu said:

May 6th, 11:59 am

OH YEAH people when BlazBlue comes out add me so we can do the team trophies XD ….. or maybe there will be more people playing after that week…. i hope so

DonkeyKongKilla said:

May 6th, 12:00 pm

@trum3n1 – Technically, not to be a ball buster. they pay a little more. lol…. But, you can’t say with all the people that wanted sleeping dogs, they didn’t deliver on it. It took a little while but it was worth the wait. I’m not criticizing your negative feedback I’m just saying the way you made it sound was either Morgan said it and they did it for EU or something. I agree on the fact that EU gets better bang for their buck. I’d pay a few extra dollars they pay for the same quality. But if they deliver a game like this I like it. They pulled me back into the loop. besides, plenty of others to play to wait.

HE1SENBERG said:

May 6th, 12:00 pm

I bought Sleeping Dogs on sale 3 weeks ago because I had given up on the prospect that we’d be getting it here in NA. Despite that, I’m not even angry because it was such a great game.

Definitely a solid month for PS+.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11