Final Fantasy XV

May 07

May 07

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: Pre-Order for Limited Edition Artbook

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Ready for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX? In very limited quantities, those who pre-order the game will receive a limited edition artbook at launch!

Now, this isn’t your traditional video game artbook. First off, the artwork will feature your favorite characters in the history of anything – Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, other iconic Disney characters, and much more.

This book has everything you could want — from early sketches, to character renders, to final pieces of artwork that never made its way to North America (from famed Director Nomura Tetsuya).

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

You won’t have to wait much longer to play Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX — it comes exclusively to PS3 on September 10th, 2013.

High fives all around, am I right? If you just started paying attention right now, here’s the skinny — preorder Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX at any participating retailer, and get a limited edition artbook containing fantastic Kingdom Hearts artwork. The game comes out on September 10th, 2013 in North America for $39.99, exclusively on PS3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is a collection of HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 FINAL MIX, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and HD cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Of course, we can’t forget that this game contains PS3 Trophies.

Did I not answer all of life’s questions yet? If not, ask away in the comments below! If you have no further questions, what are you waiting for? Supplies are limited, so act quickly! For more information, follow us on Facebook.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

RE_Player said:

May 7th, 5:45 am

Even though the series took a turn I did not like in entries past the first game I have to get this. Kingdom Hearts 1 still holds a special place in my heart so this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 7th, 5:47 am

Will it be available on PSN as well? Can we get the soundtrack as a bonus too please!? Art book looks awesome but I’m prob going to buy the game digitally and it would be nice to get something out of that. Regarding trophies: Will the set for Days have a platinum? How do u earn trophies for Days? Watching the cut-scenes? QTE cut-scenes would have been awesome lol.

Netsuke1 said:

May 7th, 5:47 am

Square, my money is yours.

gcsoxfan08 said:

May 7th, 5:49 am

Any other participating retailers aside from amazon?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 5:53 am

Yes! This preorder incentive is available through all participating retailers such as GameStop, Wal-Mart, and Target to name a few.

QuantumMercury said:

May 7th, 5:49 am

This was such an awesome series, unfortunate they never continued on with a PS3 version. Glad to hear bonuses for pre orders though.

Nck90 said:

May 7th, 5:51 am

why not Kingdom Hearts 2 ? or is this gonna be we will release it later for another 40 bucks … I dont mind HD remakes of games.. but I dont like when they charge the same price now as I bought them for 10 years ago..

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 7th, 5:51 am

Does SQUARE ENIX have any of intention of supporting the Vita through a KH game or FINAL FANTASY game in the future?
Allow me to address everyone’s wants: KHBBS HD on (Vita/PSN), a new KH game for Vita, Crisis Core HD (PSN/Vita), and bringing Type-0 to the west on Vita as an HD remaster. Or….at least put all the old games on PSN…

IIL0YDII said:

May 7th, 5:52 am

Not going to support this, it could have been HD Collection with all PS2 Kingdom Hearts titles, instead we get 1 HD upscaled game for what price? $40?$50?

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 7th, 5:53 am

Wait the game is out September 10th? BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

Morac_ said:

May 7th, 5:54 am

The picture above says the release date is September 10th. Amazon says December 31. Which is it?

IIL0YDII said:

May 7th, 5:54 am

And not even mention that it easily could support PS Vita, you know the platform that Sony need to support right now because of low sales, not exclusively on PS3 which doing pretty well in sales.

Tidusfanboy said:

May 7th, 5:57 am

Well there goes my September. Being sunk into hours upon hours of KH fun! :) Can’t wait!

MakoSOLIDER said:

May 7th, 5:59 am

Also nice to see that the boxart is the same as the JP one. Awesome boxart!

DannyX13 said:

May 7th, 6:02 am

Hooray for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD news. We got the release date for it but what about Final Fantasy X HD release date?

big_drunkbrother said:

May 7th, 6:04 am

If I order it from Amazon.ca will I still get the Artbook? Or it it only available via amazon.com?

IrishDude2 said:

May 7th, 6:04 am

Would love for this game to be on PS Vita. Would be much better as a cross buy. So excited to get this. I missed out on it on PS2 and this is my chance to finally get into it. Hope your considering doing this for PS Vita and making both this and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD a cross buy. Am sure many wouldn’t buy the same game twice but in the cross buy could do a nice big discount on the Vita version (perhaps take off 99% from the price ;) lol. joke more like 75%)

Elvick_ said:

May 7th, 6:06 am

Will EB Games get the art book? Or Canada in general? I would die if I missed out on it. D:

Also, I really wish this were for PS Vita as well. Having the original Kingdom Hearts to play, anywhere, is a dream of mine. As I’m sure many KH fans.

snakeeyes211 said:

May 7th, 6:15 am

Awesome :-)

snakeeyes211 said:

May 7th, 6:17 am

I never played Kingdom hearts so this is going to be a real treat for me :-D

Uriel_Itachi said:

May 7th, 6:17 am

Nice, is good to finally know the US launch date. I’ve been playing the Japaneses Version non-stop trying to get KH1 Platinum. I can’t wait to get the English version, to be able to fully enjoy the game with out looking at a dictionary every few minutes. For those wondering if they did a good job with the remastered, the answer is yes, Square Enix did a very awesome job. From fully surround sound, to refine textures, and of course bringing the Final Mix version of KH1 which adds new content to the game. (Final Mix never was released outside Japan) This is a must buy for fans and new to Kingdom Hearts.

PS: Also the camera in KH is a lot better, just make sure to turn off the Auto Camera and you’ll enjoy it even more.

Trioptical said:

May 7th, 6:18 am

So, I’ve been wondering this since the last trailer was released, but is this collection two games or three games? The assumption has been three games from all the press coverage, but “…and HD cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days” suggests that there are only two games and then the story part of 358/2 Days.

Anyone know?

Excalibur0123 said:

May 7th, 6:20 am

BEST. DAY. EVER!!!

Thanks you so much I have been checking everyday for this, now I get to play my favorite franchise again (and finally beat Chain of Memories {CURSE YOU FINAL BOSS!!} and watch 358/2 Days) . All I need now is for the next collection and KH3 and my life will be made.

Also what is so special about Final Mix? I’ve heard of it but, does it add new story or is it just bosses and such?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 6:27 am

The Final Mix version of the original KINGDOM HEARTS contains a long list of additional features that were never released in the US. Those features include a handful of the following and much, MUCH more – camera control changed from shoulder buttons to right analog stick, button remapping, new heartless, new abilities, new items, new synthesis ingredients/recipes, new cutscenes, as well as the inclusion of Gummi Ship missions!

killersense said:

May 7th, 6:20 am

will there be a kingdom hearts 3 in the future? birth by sleep on vita?

ItaChu said:

May 7th, 6:22 am

how much does supplies are limited translate to in numbers…. keep making more …. :P i need that book :)

ItaChu said:

May 7th, 6:22 am

oh wait its an amazon thing only? :(

Vunajan said:

May 7th, 6:27 am

could you give us the japanese voices, too?
or at least put them on the store or something,

if not I’ll probably buy the JP one instead

Im-Xero said:

May 7th, 6:28 am

Very cool. I ordered the Japanese version because I didn’t want to wait. Can’t wait to get II.5 and play my favorite Kingdom Hearts game in HD with Trophy support!

We’ve all been waiting for Kingdom Hearts on the PS3. It may not be Kingdom Hearts III, but I’m sure that we’ll see that on PS4.

VdeVenancio said:

May 7th, 6:28 am

Any word about a Day 1 Digital release?

Also, Kingdom Hearts should really show some love for the Vita. It’s like they were made for each other!

mrRandOm1234 said:

May 7th, 6:28 am

@6 Well sure, you’re paying the same price as it was when released, but you’re also getting much more content, so you’re getting more bang for your buck technically

Uriel_Itachi said:

May 7th, 6:30 am

+ Trioptical
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is just a very long movie with a few read-on’s now and then. It has a Journal to read with a few extra information about the Organization and story of Kingdom Hearts.

This collection only has 2 games and a long movie (it’s actually cut-scenes snipped together and sometimes stuff to read between chapters/days)

TheSporkWithin said:

May 7th, 6:32 am

Oh man. I’m so excited, I can’t wait to replay these games again. I had actually started playing my disc copy in an emulator for upscaled resolution, but stopped the day this was announced. I seriously can’t wait.

PhantomRoxas said:

May 7th, 6:34 am

Will Best Buy also be offering this?

WilHiteWarrior said:

May 7th, 6:38 am

So I’m guessing there will be another HD collection with Kingdom Hearts II and Birth By Sleep on it?

DexterP17 said:

May 7th, 6:42 am

Can’t wait. I’m going to go ahead and pre-order this today!

babyboydevil86 said:

May 7th, 6:54 am

Will buy 9 days after release will be my bday :P I have such great memories from kingdom hearts so in all honest SE shut up and take my damn money.
on a side not Sony should be pushing to have more of the remakes ported to the Vita as well cause lets be honest if cant be that hard to do.

AwRy108 said:

May 7th, 6:58 am

Such an odd collection–why leave out so many of the other KH titles, especially the superior one? Whole thing smells like a ploy to sell them to us later. Pass.

FearMonkey said:

May 7th, 6:58 am

I’ve had it pre-ordered since it was first announced. Can’t wait! ^_^

I am curious why it took so long to localize though given that most of this content has already been localized.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

May 7th, 7:04 am

And THAT was the incentive I needed to preorder. Can’t wait to get my hands on the collection and that art book.

Mando44646 said:

May 7th, 7:04 am

I really wish this was also released on Vita like FFX will be. Please have Square make that happen.

Regardless, I am very excited for KH

kipper_m said:

May 7th, 7:10 am

Any plans to make this available on the psn store?

D-Squad3 said:

May 7th, 7:15 am

Square Enix could’ve put ALL KH games on one blu ray disc. This is ridiculous.

GStylez1980 said:

May 7th, 7:19 am

Going into this year, I had never played an RPG game. I just couldn’t get past the typical RPG tropes, like elves and wizards and fairies, to give them a chance. And then I played Persona 4 Golden for VITA…and absolutely loved it! I’m currently playing Persona 3 Portable and also enjoying it. Now that I discovered that I can actually get into RPGs, I interested in going back and playing some classics that I probably have missed. The Kindgdom Hearts series is definitely at the top of my list. My question though is, how does the battle system in KH work? Is it similar to Persona’s, which I absolutely fell in love with? Are there other games for Vita or PS3 (or PS2 Classics) that have similar systems to Persona? Would I enjoy the Final Fantasy games if I enjoyed P4G (planning on trying FFX HD when it’s released later this year)? Can’t wait to hear some opinions from other bloggers. Thanks!

Archaga said:

May 7th, 7:19 am

Hopefully they go a la MGS and eventually release 1&2 packaged together, and with some hope, for the Vita as well.

Elvick_ said:

May 7th, 7:19 am

@41: Yeah, name a Collection that has six games in it. Name it. Oh right. There are none.

OtakuJubo said:

May 7th, 7:21 am

Does the artbook also available to Canadian retailers?

RPGCrazied said:

May 7th, 7:23 am

Holy crap. So close to Tales of Xillia. August/September is going to be so much gaming from me. Where do I preorder for dat artbook? I must have it.

Day -0

And they are keeping the Japanese cover!!! Yay!

Gorvi said:

May 7th, 7:24 am

I would absolutely love to see a Vita release of this as well, similar to what you guys are doing with the HD releases of Final Fantasy X/X-2. Is there any chance of that happening?

ps_n_blog_ac said:

May 7th, 7:25 am

Right on my birthday :)

QUESTIONS

1) i already pre-ordered my copy awhile back. will i automatically be able to get the art book?

2) any chance will Sora appear in PS-All stars?

3) any news on a digital or PS4 version?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 8:37 am

It depends on where you preordered the game from, but if you did preorder from a participating retailer, then yes! You will automatically be upgraded :D

Unfortunately, I’m unable to comment on your other questions at this time.

Insomnia999 said: