Farpoint

May 07

May 07

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: Pre-Order for Limited Edition Artbook

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Ready for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX? In very limited quantities, those who pre-order the game will receive a limited edition artbook at launch!

Now, this isn’t your traditional video game artbook. First off, the artwork will feature your favorite characters in the history of anything – Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, Goofy, other iconic Disney characters, and much more.

This book has everything you could want — from early sketches, to character renders, to final pieces of artwork that never made its way to North America (from famed Director Nomura Tetsuya).

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX on PS3

You won’t have to wait much longer to play Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX — it comes exclusively to PS3 on September 10th, 2013.

High fives all around, am I right? If you just started paying attention right now, here’s the skinny — preorder Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX at any participating retailer, and get a limited edition artbook containing fantastic Kingdom Hearts artwork. The game comes out on September 10th, 2013 in North America for $39.99, exclusively on PS3. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is a collection of HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 FINAL MIX, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and HD cinematics from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Of course, we can’t forget that this game contains PS3 Trophies.

Did I not answer all of life’s questions yet? If not, ask away in the comments below! If you have no further questions, what are you waiting for? Supplies are limited, so act quickly! For more information, follow us on Facebook.

Add Your Own

GintokiSsan said:

May 7th, 7:38 am

I would love to have this Cross Buy on Vita… Why Sony why? But I’ll still get this damn.. These Hd remixes are getting nice.. Final Fantasy X and now this.. I’mma have to order both damn

Oisterboy said:

May 7th, 7:42 am

Do i specifically have to request this at gamestop, or do preorders get it by default?

pOcHo_OX said:

May 7th, 7:46 am

SOLD!!!! great game

Prime__Assassin said:

May 7th, 7:54 am

Is artbook available now when you pre-order it or is it when you pick up your pre-ordered game?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 8:38 am

It will be available at launch – 9/10/13

SoraCloudPunk said:

May 7th, 7:54 am

must say i cant wait to play through defeat the secret bosses complete the journal for the 100th time and get trophies for it. My absolute favorite games of all time. Of course you could probably tell that by my psn name. lol

VacuusDeus said:

May 7th, 8:05 am

How many pages is the art book?

robsAgeek said:

May 7th, 8:12 am

Will there be Limited Edition that includes other goodies like soundtrack cd?

FE_RR said:

May 7th, 8:22 am

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will be full in the disc or just the cinematics??

TwinDad said:

May 7th, 8:25 am

I don’t think you posted “Exclusively on the PS3” enough times.

Just a random comment. The artbook looks great, but I personally would rather get a dynamic theme or avatars or something digital. Last thing i need is another artbook lying around the house. sure I can sell it or donate it but I would get more mileage out of something digital.

exjraordinary said:

May 7th, 8:26 am

I agree with the other commenters on here they need to get digital versions of the psp games on psn and get those games on vita, kingdom hearts birth by sleep, final fantasy crisis core, fantasy type 0 and new versions of each for vita including dissidia sequel. Square keeps crying about not making money but wont give us U.S. fans what we want that cost little programming for Vita/PS3 versions in hd with trophies, people would still pay full 40 dollars for ps3/vita crisis core or type 0 with hd and trophies I know I would.

axemtitanium said:

May 7th, 8:29 am

THANK YOU for not making the preorder bonus retailer-specific (GameStop, I’m looking at you).

ToFeY said:

May 7th, 8:36 am

OMG!!! me wants ;D

ItaChu said:

May 7th, 8:39 am

#36 …. duh cuz thats coming later lol

TerraAshura said:

May 7th, 8:40 am

BRB preordering KH 1.5 HD

Apeman24 said:

May 7th, 8:59 am

YEEEEEEEES DAY ONE! I know what I am getting five days after my 20th birthday, HAPPY BIRTHAY TO ME!

djsaiyan said:

May 7th, 9:00 am

I think you guys just scooped the release date. I haven’t seen anything concrete about a date anywhere else. Good job! =D

Already pre-ordered and paid. And will of course be doing the same for the inevitable 2.5 HD Remix.

Apeman24 said:

May 7th, 9:01 am

And I know this is an HD collection, but is there any chance there will be a collectors edition? I would love that, thanks.

poodude said:

May 7th, 9:03 am

Is this a US only pre-order bonus? EB Games and Amazon Canada have no mention of the art book :(.

KnifingGrimace said:

May 7th, 9:16 am

Day one purchase for me, if only to also receive the pre-order bonus. Kingdom Hearts is still a fantastic game and I have been waiting for this for a while.

As a representative of Square-Enix, I hope you will also let the company know about how much we would like to see the PSP versions of Final Fantasy I & II, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep added to the Playstation Store. These games are all in high demand- then again, pretty much all Square-Enix PSP games are, right? Please let them know!

TJF588 said:

May 7th, 9:19 am

On one hand, glad I put in for this and X/X-2 (+LAST MISSION?!) with Amazon (with a few bucks off!), but on the other: changing the camera from shoulders to the right stick. Honestly, never liked that move. In a game about mashing X (and come KHII, mashing X with Triangular QTEs), moving your finger from that position feels suicidal. If I had some need to look up in the heat of battle, lock-on was likely in effect, so leaving a couple fingers to swing the camera was really intuitive.

And this button remapping… Do you mean X to Circle? That’d be sure to through Western fans off. Are there any menu options for manual button remapping? If that’s not a standard feature come PS4, I’d be rustled (especially if I had a physical disability).

GintokiSsan said:

May 7th, 9:20 am

Why does everywhere else say December 31st 2013 release? Guess they haven’t updated it?

TJF588 said:

May 7th, 9:21 am

I’d like to echo @69 KnifingGrimace, though with less hyphens. Even if BbS’s FM gets the HD treatment, that hasn’t seen Peace Walker or the Ready at Dawn GoWs pulled.

Hayterfan said:

May 7th, 9:30 am

Damn and I just got my japanese copy last week, eh ill buy it again.
One quick question though will the controls be swapped back to the style found in most Western versions of KH by which I mean “X Attacks and “O” Jumps?

Elranzer said:

May 7th, 9:37 am

I’m already rushing away the summer for this.

I hope the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix also includes FINAL MIX content, though that’s gonna require a lot more new voice acting than the first FINAL MIX added.

exstethica said:

May 7th, 9:59 am

Does this pre-order bonus also apply in Amazon Canada?? Or just U.S.?

Dpen00 said:

May 7th, 10:00 am

Lot of people asking about possible Vita support, but it seems those questions are being avoided or skipped. Just put us out of our misery already. No answer is worst than knowing its not coming at all or not planned for the future.

TerraAshura said:

May 7th, 10:02 am

@71 Pretty much, especially since this is the first time the official release date has been announced. I’d give it a few days for them to change it.

Incubuster said:

May 7th, 10:05 am

Very excited for this, can’t wait to play the game that started it all again with all the new bells and whistles!

Question: Is the limited edition artbook going to be fullsize or of the miniature variety?

hazelwu said:

May 7th, 10:14 am

Questions:

1. How many pages is the artbook.
2. Is it a strategy guide sized book or a PS3 game-box size book?

Thanks.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 11:15 am

24 pages. It will be approximately the size of a PS3 case.

Noctis_HD said:

May 7th, 10:45 am

Just to make sure, the pre-order bonus is also available in Canada, right?

TetsuoTen said:

May 7th, 11:11 am

For those asking how many pages the art book will have.

On a side note I look forward to playing these again.
I 100% KH1 on the PS2 back in the day and I amped to
do it again now with trophy support.

Also, I know it is silly but I really hope some KH avatars
are added to the store. I would love to show my KH love to others.

USRevenge2 said:

May 7th, 11:15 am

I never played kingdom hearts but I heard it’s good, I just hope it isn’t over rated like many of the other games people seem to be in love with, I’l probably get it. so this is only kingdom hearts 1? what else does it have? other than movies/ extra stuff, interested in what games it comes with only >.<

geassuser87 said:

May 7th, 11:18 am

PS4 is on the horizon and yet the only Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 is a remake.

GintokiSsan said:

May 7th, 11:32 am

i have no idea what happened but i just ordered straight on AMazon for this game..i had a $5 giftcard the price came out to be $16 and change after taxes..it said there was some extra $20 promotion applied…im super happy and now just waiting for the game to come

BlindMango said:

May 7th, 11:37 am

Hey Matthew, how do the trophies work with this game, when you put the disc in does it load all three trophy lists from all the games right there or does it load the trophy list for only the games you choose to launch yourself? I really, really don’t want to put this disc in and have three trophy lists load up at 0%, especially for one game I don’t intend to play (Chain of Memories).

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

Mathew Kishimoto said:

May 7th, 12:51 pm

There will be one trophy list that includes trophy levels for all three games.

Slash789 said:

May 7th, 12:08 pm

I just preordered! =) I’m looking forward to playing these games again!

Kurusichiano said:

May 7th, 12:22 pm

Its about time, been waititng for this for a long time know

Mokoho said:

May 7th, 12:35 pm

Just… Just… JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

CerealxKiller13 said:

May 7th, 12:37 pm

pre-ordered! Hope I’m one of the lucky few to receive an artbook.

tusunami said:

May 7th, 12:48 pm

Never played the trilogy but yet it looks interesting, just might try this out!!!!!!!!!

Jack_Tamaki said:

May 7th, 12:48 pm

Cool :) I reserved my copy months ago at Gamestop. September can’t get here any sooner.

fsavoie said:

May 7th, 12:58 pm

No 3d compatible?

Nazotchi said:

May 7th, 1:06 pm

I think the way you’re talking about how much content this art book contains is a little misleading, if it only has 24 pages. That’s a disappointingly low number.

Still, I guess I can’t complain since it’s a free add-on and I was going to buy the game on release day anyway.

mariogash said:

May 7th, 1:06 pm

Thank you, I was doubting preorder bonuses nowadays due to all of the unnecessary DLC. I already preordered this a while ago, and I declare that I shall get all of the trophies! I am excited to finally fight Xemnas in Final Mix.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

May 7th, 1:11 pm

This game is for kids Not for m3 :) zZ

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

May 7th, 1:14 pm

fallout 3 + PSN = fun

TheExiled12894 said:

May 7th, 1:20 pm

Well, that just gave me a reason to pre-order.

OMEGA_MEXICAN said:

May 7th, 1:35 pm

Sora should be in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale!

IzoGray said:

May 7th, 1:56 pm

Pls respond

Why have you guys at Square Enix never put up Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on PSN? They’re both PSP titles. You have a ton of other Square Enix titles on the PSN so put those up and make them Vita compatible.

Money doesn’t talk?

Gamerzlimited said:

May 7th, 2:02 pm

After seeing this, now I don’t even know whether I should get this or the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. I don’t have the Kingdom Hearts games on PS2 anymore, but I do have Final Fantasy X. Unless FFX HD Remaster gets a pre-order bonus as well, there’s no reason for me to sell the PS2 version and would rather pick up the Kingdom Hearts one instead.