Horizon Zero Dawn

May 17

May 17

BEYOND: Two Souls: What Did You Miss at Tribeca?

Derek Osgood's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

As I’m sure many of you know, on April 27th, BEYOND: Two Souls was featured in a historic screening at Tribeca Film Festival, which was live-streamed right here on the PlayStation Blog. So far, over 3.2 Million of you have tuned in to watch the presentation! The full video is still live on YouTube, but we know not everyone has time to watch a 1.5 hour presentation; and even more of you are concerned about accidentally stumbling upon spoilers. Our solution? We made a “Tribeca Film Festival Highlights” video for you, so you can re-live the show in just a couple minutes!

BEYOND: Two Souls was also featured yesterday on Tribeca Film Festival’s “Future Of Film” blog, and will be making ongoing appearances on their site as they continue the discussion around how BEYOND: Two Souls is further blending the worlds of film and gaming.

Everything you’re seeing in the gameplay shown at Tribeca Film Festival is under the control of the player in some way shape or form, and the story evolves based on decisions and actions the player takes. In the coming months, we’ll definitely be highlighting much more clearly just what that means, so stay tuned!

We hope you enjoy the show, and remember to get out and pre-order your copy today! Pre-ordering at GameStop will get you a nice package of exclusive goodies too.

Add Your Own

soundandvision77 said:

May 17th, 9:39 am

So amazing. I’m glad to see that the game uses the same type of control scheme as Heavy Rain. I really enjoyed that and found it to be a very immersive experience. So many great Playstation games coming out, and then the PS4…awesome time to be a gamer.

dodgedoors said:

May 17th, 9:50 am

reserved and paid for

SolduNuts said:

May 17th, 9:55 am

This is game is going to be epic. I’m glad Sony is still delivering amazing content like this so late into the year even though the PS4 launch is looming over head. I truly enjoyed Heavy Rain and I expect this game to be every bit as good.

I cannot wait. Thanks Quantic Dream and Sony.

Sold.

Xcaligamer1 said:

May 17th, 10:19 am

I said this after ii watched the stream that night and I’l say it again, this game truly became a must have for me

Dustinwp said:

May 17th, 10:21 am

Wow! What a treat this game will be. My wife enjoyed sitting down and watching me play Heavy Rain and she will enjoy watching BEYOND: Two Souls as well. Job well done again Mr. Cage. It’s nice to have someone so passionate about story telling in the games industry.

BlueBl1zzard said:

May 17th, 12:29 pm

Oh wow, I haven’t seen footage of this game in a while. At this point in time, it looks absolutely amazing! That said I never got a chance to pick up Heavy Rain, so I guess now’s as good a time as any. Oh and just wondering, will Beyond Two Souls support PS Move?

Welmosca said:

May 17th, 12:39 pm

Nice…very nice…I’ll be getting this game day 1….Heavy Rain is fantastic…I bet Beyond will be too.

Kchow23 said:

May 17th, 1:20 pm

Is the video just interviews? I would rather not see any gameplay.

BlueBl1zzard said:

May 17th, 1:34 pm

@Kchow23 yes there is some gameplay. I was doing the same as you, avoiding gameplay videos of this game, but I watched the above one and I didn’t really find it spoiler-y in my opinion, if you want to take the chance…

M-Easy said:

May 17th, 1:49 pm

Only watched it because he promised no spoilers.

Airwalkinman17 said:

May 17th, 1:54 pm

I am on media blackout for this game, The Last of Us, and a couple others that I know I am going to buy.
BUT… I couldn’t resist.
I HAD to click on the above trailer.
My goodness…
… this game is looking phenomenal!
I’ve already preordered this gem, and cannot wait for it to come out.

tusunami said:

May 17th, 2:35 pm

Can’t wait for this to drop as well, great games coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zezzler said:

May 17th, 2:37 pm

Man, Ellen Page is such a babe… Just thought I’d put that out there.

Satnamji said:

May 17th, 2:38 pm

I’m on a media blackout as well and didn’t realize the “spoiler free” clip would include so much game footage–I hope from the start of the game. I’m still very excited about this game, but wish I hadn’t seen as much as I did, as I prefer to be “surprised” with games I don’t need any more inducement to buy. Hopefully by October I’ll forget everything I saw. ;)

oo7PorscheMGS said:

May 17th, 2:45 pm

Beautiful. I think this and The Last of Us are gonna be REALLY FIGHTING for that Game of the Year award this year, gonna be a close one. Naughty Dog hasn’t shown much of the narrative of The Last of Us.. it seems the story in the last of us is more told + found out through the gameplay, and in Beyond, the story is explicitly expressed through the cinematics + actors. 2 different approaches, but both look to pull you in- great graphics, great story / idea / characters… cant wait!!

Oh, and for the people that want to see more interviews… go to youtube and type “Beyond Two Souls Tribeca Film Festival” and watch the 40 minute interview with David Cage and the cast.

BlindMango said:

May 17th, 3:11 pm

Can’t wait for this game!!

JROD0823 said:

May 17th, 5:12 pm

@13,

I agree, Ellen is a stunning-looking girl, and an outstanding actress.

JROD0823 said:

May 17th, 5:22 pm

I’m trying to stay as far away from media coverage for this game, The Last of Us, Watch_Dogs, GTA V, and a couple others, as much as I can so that story elements aren’t ruined for me.

But I did watch this trailer, and Beyond: Two Souls is looking more amazing than I had previously thought possible.

David Cage is a master of his art, and definitely far more advanced in his creative process than most of his contemporaries.

Ryumoau said:

May 17th, 8:19 pm

i have this on my gamefly rental queue.

rego00123 said:

May 17th, 11:07 pm

Press X to Ellen Page

neuropunk said:

May 18th, 1:55 am

This looks sucky.

I like to play my games instead of watching interactive movies.

Press X to interactive movie

Logan22 said:

May 18th, 8:45 am

Everyone looking forward to this should watch this brilliant fan trailer!

SocialClimber_85 said:

May 18th, 8:02 pm

I’m pretty excited for this game.
I am happy more games are being made as experiences rather than continuing with the games that are just button mashing mindless clones of the same game over and over.

lugadi said:

May 19th, 8:48 am

@21

Thanks for bringing that up. I was just about to get into that.

I think it was smart for Quantic to do this in order to show that Beyond: Two Souls won’t be, as David Cage put it, “pressing a button every 20 minutes” as I kind of thought it was going to be. It’s still very much going to be a game, but the cutscenes are longer than your typical cutscenes and the fact that you actually will be interested in the story. I’m now anticipating this game that much more.

I didn’t want to see anything of this game since it’s so focused on story that anything they show would technically be a spoiler, but I couldn’t help myself and it definetely was worth it since it completely changed my percepetion of how this game was going to be.

drunk_vader said:

May 19th, 8:53 am

Most anticipated game after ‘The Last of Us’! :D

leonosaint_23 said:

May 29th, 6:13 pm

omg allen page is so nice !!