PlayStation VR

May 28

May 28

The Last of Us: Pre-Order the Digital Edition & Season Pass, DLC Detailed

Eric Monacelli's Avatar Posted by Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

The Last of Us on PS3

The Last of Us arrives in just a few weeks. We’re happy to let you know you can pre-order the full digital edition of the game starting today on the PlayStation Store. The game will be a Day 1 Digital download — this means you can get it at midnight on June 14th. The digital edition features a unique download installer which will allow you to start playing the game once the game data is a little over half way downloaded.

The Last of Us is a universe rich in character and story with many facets that we could potentially explore for years. We’re getting started by announcing that there will be three packs of downloadable content for The Last of Us available after the game launches.

If you want to lock in all three of those DLC packs at discounted price, step up now and grab the Season Pass. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available for pre-order now on PlayStation Store — only $19.99 for three DLC Packs. This is a 30% savings over the pricing of the DLC packs individually. The Season Pass will be available at your local GameStop when you pick up The Last of Us, as well. Unique to Season Pass buyers are the following Day 1 bonuses:

The Last of Us on PS3

Day 1 Bonuses

• Increased Crafting Speed
  • Increased Healing Speed
  • 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
  • Grounded – exclusive 90min “Making of The Last of Us” documentary

These Day 1 bonuses will help you get a head start and an edge in Joel and Ellie’s struggle to survive through the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The documentary, Grounded, is an in-depth look at the making of The Last of Us throughout its development by Area 5.

For the first time ever we’ll be offering single player DLC. The journey and cast of characters in The Last of Us lends itself to thorough narrative exploration and we’ve got more of the story to tell. The two other DLC packs will feature multiplayer content in the form of additional multiplayer maps and other expansions. You’ll be hearing about our multiplayer over the next couple of days. It’s an experience that continues the themes, tone and tension from the single player campaign and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.

Pre-Order the full digital edition of The Last of Us as well as The Last of Us Season Pass now on the PlayStation Store. Not going digital yet? Look for the Season Pass when you get your game in retail stores on launch day, June 14th, 2013.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

StanoK09 said:

May 28th, 6:23 pm

Howdy
Im definitely buying a special edition of The Last of Us, just like any other ps3 user, but the thing that makes me worry is censorship. Could someone please answer me whether The Last of Us is going to be censored in Europe, just like the latest Twisted Metal and God of War Ascension had been. This is vital for me, since im in Europe and dont know which version to pre-order: a possibly censored europian or probably uncut american, or i can just relax since there will be no censorship of violence in the game?

TriangleOffense said:

May 28th, 6:29 pm

Ill pass on anything multiplayer so no season pass for me. If the game is good Ill consider the SP DLC

juanpipe said:

May 28th, 6:42 pm

No soundtrack for pre-ordering?! I’d rather have the OST instead themes or the fast healing thingy.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

May 28th, 11:01 pm

Soundtrack is available on Amazon for pre order.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

May 28th, 11:02 pm

Also part if the Sights and Sounds DLC pack pre order bonus.

And89LB said:

May 28th, 6:48 pm

Definitely gonna get this season pass thanks for the update on TLOU. Can’t wait to read about the MP.

DeGarmo2 said:

May 28th, 7:09 pm

Getting this, but also don’t want to use the bonuses. I’m assuming there is a way to disable them. If not, I’ll just deleted the game data. Only really want the single-player DLC and the documentary. But as 51 mentioned, I wish they gave us the OST instead of the in-game bonuses.

GibbShift said:

May 28th, 7:20 pm

I love Naughty Dog and the games they make, but whoever thought it was a bright idea to go ahead and post prices for multiplayer DLC before ACTUALLY showing multiplayer footage should be ashamed. It reeks of greed.

MadDog1741 said:

May 28th, 7:41 pm

It’s crazy how broke these developers are trying to make me. First Survival Edition then a Season Pass. -__- I better get some money ready.

Busca-Cabezas said:

May 28th, 8:11 pm

I see so many questions and no answers… I guess we’ll see soon enough. Anyway… This game looks interesting and promising enough. I can’t wait to try out the Demo and make up my mind.

Guimace said:

May 28th, 8:14 pm

Interesting download system! Playing while downloading, just like PS4 is going to do.

ToFeY said:

May 28th, 8:27 pm

please i’d like to know how large is the game’s size??
i don’t want it to be over 40GB… :(

Korghano said:

May 28th, 8:46 pm

How can Naughty Dog expect people to purchase a product we know absolutely nothing about? We don’t even have a clue what the multiplayer entails.

Eric Monacelli's Avatar

Eric Monacelli said:

May 28th, 11:02 pm

Details coming very very soon.

Corb1301 said:

May 28th, 9:13 pm

The biggest advantage here in buying the Digital copy is not paying the sales tax that you get in a physical store. Its $64.80 in Gamestop, Best Buy, Target ect… However on the PSN you’re saving the $4.80 does it matter to you? Its nice to me but i do want to share this game with my friends and want to play it at 12:30am when i get home after buying it, not waiting until it downloads half way through. That could take 30 mins but most likely hours because of how big the game will be and the amount of people who will be downloading it at once. the sales tax however is a good thing to get away from I’ll give PSN that.

Drinkmixer said:

May 28th, 9:23 pm

I will definitely be doing the digital purchase. The midnight download is awesome and should be done with every major release there is.

ToFeY said:

May 28th, 9:25 pm

@59 people will still buy it for the single player, multiplayer is just a bonus

ToFeY said:

May 28th, 9:26 pm

**** this ;D i will buy both digital & retail versions i’ll support naughty dog <3

GreatnessRD said:

May 28th, 9:30 pm

The game looks good and I do intend on buying it. However, this day one DLC is getting really old. I mean, can’t the game come out first before we’re talking about DLC? It doesn’t even hold a special meaning anymore. This is gaming 2013. Smh *sigh*

mody94_Station said:

May 28th, 9:37 pm

I just cancelled my physical copy and pre-ordered the digital version, and the season pass…

I seriously can’t wait for this :D

Formulita_2k said:

May 28th, 10:04 pm

No tanks, i only purchase season passes if all content it’s single player, i don’t like the “pay to win” method.

icykiller said:

May 28th, 10:06 pm

File size please? And Thank you for the Day 1 Digital download. I love you guys :)

Pikmologist said:

May 28th, 10:47 pm

Just making this clear: You don’t need to download the Day 1 bonuses i you don’t want them…

iREVOLTER said:

May 28th, 11:33 pm

“Download The Last of Us Pre-Order Bundle which includes the full game, PSN Pre-Order Theme, and Sights & Sounds Pack.” – Description from PSN. Ok so we’ll be getting the soundtrack or not buy pre-ordering digitally? And about Day 1 bonuses, they will not work on 15th June I assume , so if you do not activate day one season pass you’ll lose all the bonuses next. I don’t need to faster craft anything I just want to play the game how it is but the only thing is I’m concerned is “Grounded” – the making of , will this disappear the next day as well from download? And about downloading content it well be like 1 package including (or every add-on a different DL ?):
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Grounded – exclusive “Making of The Last of Us” , so it means every bonus will be installed mandatory ?

JROD0823 said:

May 28th, 11:55 pm

I do feel that all digital releases starting with the PS4 need to be reduced in price $10 minimum due to the ease of development for the console.

If the developers get to have the pleasure of seeing their costs reduced when making games for the easy to develop for PS4, then some of that savings needs to be passed on to the consumer in kind.

I would push for physical copies being $10 cheaper on the PS4 as well, but I’ll settle with $60 being the fair price point for this generation, and at least the next two or three hereafter.

However, with that being said, I have a problem with the special/collector’s editions of games that seem to be getting increasingly more expensive all of the time with no increase in their actual value, and this is a practice that I feel needs to be put to a stop NOW, as in today, before the next generation of consoles takes collector’s editions to ludicrous price points.

PrinceofXIII said:

May 29th, 12:33 am

eh will wait for price drop and multiplayer in december

AizawaYuuichi said:

May 29th, 12:46 am

@ iREVOLVER: “And about Day 1 bonuses, they will not work on 15th June I assume , so if you do not activate day one season pass you’ll lose all the bonuses next.”

Seriously? Do you think the Day 1 Digital game release becomes no longer available on June 15th??? That question, literally, makes no sense. The bonus is available starting on Day 1 for Season Pass holders, exactly as the article reads. It means that the DLC that comes with the season pass will be released sometime in the future, but the bonuses are applied on Day 1. It’s not that hard to understand.

And to other people confused about whether or not the Season Pass is available digitally just because they mentioned you can pick it up with your physical copy… Since when have Season Passes NOT been digital? DLC is digital content. You’ll simply be able to buy a code for the Season Pass at retail.

I swear, every day the average intelligence of the internet drops another point.

ToFeY said:

May 29th, 1:03 am

the digital edition should be available for download before midnight at least ;( i’m very impatient

Rukahz said:

May 29th, 1:05 am

i got a question will the season pass at gamestop will have the day 1 bonus?? or is this just psn bonus?

EGGMCDUFFY345 said:

May 29th, 1:37 am

cant play this game Last of Us grreat game

EGGMCDUFFY345 said:

May 29th, 1:38 am

wait look good for the ps4

Zeniselv said:

May 29th, 1:54 am

I didn’t had any problem with multiplayer dlc; i can live without it, but butchering singleplayer in parts for cash, it’s something i do not support, it seems i will have to wait untill early 2014 to get this game, in it’s goty edition, used if the dlc is on the disc, afterall the mp is bound to go F2P, as it seems to be the usual with sony games nowadays, wich was quite the slap to the people who bught it, specially since it had an online pass. i’ll end this now, i’ll have to go cancel my preorder.

IrishDude2 said:

May 29th, 1:54 am

Can we have some replies over in the EU blog please

iREVOLTER said:

May 29th, 2:17 am

@AizawaYuuichi , Talking about intelligence, can you actually read? I asked about Day 1 Bonuses not Day 1 Digital game release. The question was about availability of bonuses such as Making of Documentary after 14th if we’ll be able to download it later and not about SP future planed DLCs.

p.s: Stop being so naive and thinking that everything rotates around you and your IQ. And stop making other people less intelligent than you because you are a genius and you understood every detail about pre-order bonuses. Thank you.

GhostMachine1 said:

May 29th, 3:37 am

The ending was already ruined for me against my will. Would I still enjoy playing through it?

IrishDude2 said:

May 29th, 3:44 am

@GhostMachine1
Yeah you will still enjoy it. The game isn’t released yet and even if there was spoilers going round already, they could most likely be lies. Enjoy the game yourself and find out if it was true or not. Would be a great feeling to find out it was lies

StanoK09 said:

May 29th, 5:57 am

Take 2
Eric, PLEASE, please, p,ease, share some info on the possible censorship. If not a short definitive answer, then just some elusive informative reply, SOMETHING, like ” You will find out about this in the coming days”, so that i know that im going to be needing the US version and not google and waste time trying to find out whether it is censored for Europe or not.
Looking forward to your soon reply
Thank you.

Fusion13 said:

May 29th, 6:14 am

I pre-ordered the Pandemic Edition at GameStop, will I be getting these day one bonuses and season pass with that purchase? I mean it is $150. Please respond.

BramStark said:

May 29th, 6:18 am

I hope Vita would also get this great Title..

Avek_PT said:

May 29th, 6:42 am

when will the digital pre-order be available in the european play stores?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

May 29th, 6:55 am

not really hyped for this game..no CO-OP story mode… no thank you…UNCHARTED was great but lacked that as well..im going to play it thanks to GAMEFLY..but its just another zombie/bactieria infested game to me..i would like to see some video on the multiplayer..but i dont see it being better than the uncharted MP…which btw is lacking in our INFAMOUS AND KILLZONE COSTUMES! >:/

swan-ton-bom said:

May 29th, 7:09 am

I love it….

piratedrunk said:

May 29th, 7:39 am

Story DLC means I cancel my preorder and wait for the complete edition.

sprice25 said:

May 29th, 7:55 am

Please fix the download issue for Pinball Arcade for PS+ members on PS3/Vita. It still won’t download.

Ryusennin said:

May 29th, 7:57 am

7 dollars (which means 7 euros) a two-map pack.

Pass.

Assais said:

May 29th, 8:05 am

Do I get the Sights and Sounds pack if I pre-oder the digital version?

Bicgoozgetten-69 said:

May 29th, 8:21 am

this game is a must have. Capcom aint got #&?! on Naughty Dog.

studio35 said:

May 29th, 8:21 am

So, let me understand something here:

In Singleplayer, you’ll be able to buy perks so you can craft weapons & Items faster?

& This is supposed to be “realistic” how?

SealFoca said:

May 29th, 8:22 am

Hi, I wanna know if I buy the game on psn store includes a multi language pack, Brazilian portuguese

tks.

jimmyfoxhound said:

May 29th, 8:46 am

Hahahah AHAHAHAAA no way in this ENTIRE world would I EVER… EVER buy a Season Pass from Naughty Dog. I made the massive mistake of buying the Uncharted 3 season pass not knowing what I was getting and Naughty Dog handed me recycled crap from previous games. Yes, I blame myself for falling for the hype but it was just so crappy and such a let down I’ll never trust these people with my money ever again. You might make great games but you showed me what you thought of my money by the way you treated me as a consumer with that terrible U3 Season Pass. Lesson learned.

TimeToRabbiT said:

May 29th, 9:09 am

Dear Eric Monacelli.

I am a bit lost with all this.

I buy the Pre-Order Digital (This comes with the Pre-Order bonuses retail?) I have to buy the Season Pass too right? The bonus for the season pass, only are available for 1 day or forever? in what languages ​​will come the Pre-Order digital?

I hope for your answer.

Thanks

KidCommando said:

May 29th, 9:26 am

This season pass crap is such a scam.

Was going to purchase this game upon release, but I will be waiting to get the game cheaper and probably with all the DLC included at some point later.

The game isn’t even out and zero information is known about the MP….but hey, give us $20!

big ol’ PASS

SHeeP_11 said:

May 29th, 9:50 am

Can we get an idea of how big the digital version is going to be?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6